It was worth the money to me. - Lifestyle Lift - Franklin, TN

The MAIN thing is RESEARCH your DOCTOR! You can do...

The MAIN thing is RESEARCH your DOCTOR! You can do this on the computer. If he is not certified in Plastic Surgery, find someone else. Mine was certified in Plastic surgery & head & neck surgery. You cannot see the scars. It was worth the money to me.

The only complaint I have is they will call you all the time until you have it done. The girl that took my stitches out left a few. When I called them about it they said they would have someone return my call. 3 weeks later, not a word. When I go back for my 6 week checkup I will tell the doctor about it.

All & all I am satisfied.

Franklin Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was very honest & up front about what to expect & left no scars.

Excellent, I had mine last November and am very happy still. Dr. Moretz is the best. I can see why he wouldn't want to be associate with the actual LSL office, I almost didnt' do it because I felt they were unprofessional until I met Dr. Moretz who was very assuring. First three days are the worst then it gets better. It's also painless when they take out the stitch so don't be afraid of that. If you have any questions please let me know. Best of Luck, use lots of ice
I had an appointment with Dr. Moretz at LSL last year. I found out he was no longer with LSL so I contacted him at his office in Beverly Hills. I had my surgery with him yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing my results! If my results come out to be as honest and upfront as he is, my results will be perfect! Will let you know in a few weeks. The staff within his office is most professional.
Thank you Lanne for clearing things up. I really do not take offense, it just chaps my britches when people think because some women (60%) have bad results, we must not have done our homework. At some point someone has to to do a DUH... it is not the patient, but the procedure. The SMAS is not a new procedure as one would have us believe. It is an old procedure with a new register mark behind it. This lift was discarded in the late 60's, early 70's due to the unpredictable outcome for patients. I just wish I had never heard of LSL. I am glad that you had/have good results. I do hope they last for you. Best, Chrystal.
Good luck cissy! I am into my sixth week and I think that I look fabulous! I am very happy with the results. I will post pictures when I feel that everything is completely healed. Right now I am seeing a dermatologist to clear up sun damage that has blotched my skin over the years of living in Florida. I went to my Doc. last Tues., everything is perfect! I still have a little puffiness around my eyes when I get up in the A.M. but that quickly goes down as the morning progresses. I did not mean to demean anybody, especially Chrystal who did have a horrible experience. My gut told me to do extra research, read everything I could get my hands on and checked out three doctors before I chose mine. This is why I wound up on this site in the first place. Chrystal helped me to decide if I was doing the right thing because I had to consider all of the experiences that other women have had, good and bad. I recommend that every woman who is considering this procedure to do the same. Plus you have to consider your lifestyle. I used to smoke and I do consume alcohol on occasion. I know that would affect my healing process. That is all I meant. I am sorry if anyone felt that I was demeaning them. I certainly did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I hope that Chrystal can find a good surgeon and an attorney to help her with her case.
I am having it this month in Franklin TN- has any more people had good luck there? Please give additional info
Just one more thing for all these great results that these women are having... Where are your pictures??? If your results are so Great & Grand, where are the pictures. Every time I see a post that hints of not checking out the doc, drinking, smoking, etc, did not do our research or ask enough questions, I go and look for the users pictures. Please post pictures if you want us to believe you...
Lanne, I am happy for you that you had good results, but MANY of us did NOT. And in-so-far as me not doing my homework, I did. I looked up my doctor and I thought that I had found enough info to make an informed decision. You apparently were lucky enough to find a doctor that does the procedure and it worked for you. Maybe all his patients have good results. BUT, do not belittle the rest of us by assuming that we did not do our homework. I see you had 25 pages of info telling you it would take months to recover. That is not what I had nor is it what I was told. So I AM happy that you had good results and I hope they last. For the $6300 + that I spent on LSL, well, I might just as well have flushed it down the toilet. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Hi Susan B., thanks for the concern. My mom has taken ill and that is taking up a lot of time, but she is getting stronger everyday. So, me I am still unhappy. Even though I had the surgery redone, there are still things that I see and feel that just are not right. I wish I had found this site first before I ran across the 30-50 misleading sites that LSL puts up making them look like they are so very perfect. I wish they were perfect and that all the women here could get some satisfaction but I do not believe it will be through LSL. They are going to continue to disfigure women and when we complain: "well, it looks good to us, you must have done something wrong, or you need this or than in conjunction to your new lift." Call it what it is: A old lift with a new name with a register mark behind it. Nothing new, it still only works for 95% of the women that it is done on and the results do not last that long. For the women that think otherwise, take some comparison pictures. Your family will always tell you what you want to hear just like mine did but I knew in my heart that I looked better before I had the knife took to my face. Look at my pictures on my page here and decide for yourself. For the women thinking about this lift, please think of not only the money but the extra time and effort it is going to take in the end to get your face fixed + the extra money. Best to all of you, Chrystal Eckes
Crystal, my heart aches for you after reading your post. How are you doing now? Your last post was a month ago....and apparently what I have gathered from reading this forum it really depends heavily on the doctor. I'm too scared to try...I'll just be happy wrinkled.
Great Lanne, I had the same experience. It's been two months and I'm still thrilled with the results.
I do have compassion for these women that went into this with very little knowledge. I checked with two very prominant cosmetic surgeons in my area. Both said the same thing. The procedures are condusive to the person, their health and that the healing process takes months, not days or weeks. LSL was up front about this, in their literature (twenty five+ pages) as well as the consultation. I did the research, asked questions, spoke with other women who had the same procedure and priced each procedure that I had done, separately. Not only did I find that the procedures were identical to LSL procedures, the healing process was the same too. No miracles here, just the facts. I can see a difference each day. If you are a smoker, drinker, sun worshipper, you will not heal as quickly or get the results that you hoped for. I am sixty years old and I take this very seriously. I did not make a hasty decision after watching a television commercial or reading a brochure. I throughly researched the LSL and compared it to local cosmetic surgeon's procedures. All were Identical with the exception that you are in the hospital, under anesthesia (knocked out) and you spend a day or two in recovery. This is where the difference is in the cost. The other difference is that you do not go back to your doctor again after the first two weeks, until two months later. That is where you will see the difference. I can't afford to keep driving back and forth for every little ache or pain. If there is a major problem, I will definately go back and get it fixed. But so far, there hasn't been any "unforseen" problems that I can't handle with a simple phone call to their facility. My Dr. has fantastic credentials, has his own office outside of LSL and also does pediatric plastic surgery for children with deformities. I can't ask for anything better for what I paid. Believe me, if I could have found a local, accredited surgeon to do this procedure, I would have done it. But, I would rather pay the lesser cost so that it fit into my budget. Fifteen/twenty thousand dollars +++ for the same procedure that I paid half for is ok with me. Good luck with yours, keep me posted on how you are doing.
Got it done! I am at the end of the first week. Still some bruising and a little swelling. But the results look fantastic already! You can't see any of the stitches except for my eyes and these will be removed today. Dr. Swerdloff is fantastic! I will keep you posted on the progress. I know that it will take at least two more weeks before it is totally healed and unnoticeable. I am wearing my hair behind my ears to keep the hair off of my face and you can't see the stitches. It is unbelievable.
Not only was it a bad experience, LSL would not and will not stand behind their words that they print in the brochure about the guarantee. I understand that some people have the wrong skin type, etc. but if you look at my pictures of my eyes you can clearly see that the cuts are uneven and not even in the crease. And the pain behind my ears -- many women complain of the same thing, the pain. Words will not fix anything that LSL did to me, I was willing to work with them in the beginning. I really picked them because of the size of the company. Who would have thought that they would behave in such a manner. Then for them to SUE every body that points out anything bad -- that speaks for itself.
Crystal I've done it already, I'm happy. Sorry you had a bad experience
Even LSL does not redommend it. Go here: http://www.cbs46.com/health/18000035/detail.html#- and read the medical details under the consent form. If you don't find the info there that scares you to death, read the Lawyers info where they are sueing CBS46. There is reference in there to your particular question. Best, Chrystal.
I am bi-racial and have skin keloid issues, has anyone black had lsl for the chin?
To Lilith, Thanks, wish I had gone to Costa Rica or heck Germany or Ice Land, any where except LSL. I wish I had been smart enough to get past all the LSL websites and get to places like here.
Crystal: Thank you for being so honest and showing the pictures. I've seen the results of other doctor's work that was as bad and was "low cost"/ bargain. It seems as if the good doctors know what they have and charge accordingly. You certainly saved me from going through part or all of the hell you experienced. I just lost ALL interest in even watching their glowing TV ads. However, I must add that the BEST results I've ever seen have been from procedures done in Costa Rica. And the cost was 15 to 25% of the cost for the same procedudres here in the United States. And the CARE is fabulous, including comprehensive follow-up. So my thought is to have a nice vacation, have the rejuvenation, be pampered and STILL have the expense half or less. Bless you for your exposure of the "fast-food" cosmetic scam~!! Lilith
I met with doctor Swerdloff at LSL in Tampa on Monday. I checked his credentials which are excellent, researched several former patients and met with two. All were delighted with the procedure and love Doc. Swerdloff. I am scheduled for January. I have checked with two other surgeons in my area who have excellent credentials but are very, very expensive and their procedures do not include the hospital stay, anestheseologists(sp)or follow up procedures if needed. Their total costs were well into $15,000 ++. This is way over my budget for what I want done. I would like to go into this with unlimited funds but not right now. I could wait but if I do, I know that I will probably talk myself out of it and wind up spending my money on something else. It is either now or never! I was impressed with the success rate of this particular procedure and doctor. I am going to do it and hope that I will have the positive results that many other women and men have had.
I am planning to go to the Tampa clinic in February to make arrangements to get rid of my "turkey neck". Thanks for the comments. I will be asking for Dr. Swerdloff!
I'm on day eight, my ears look great, hardly any bruising or swelling. I can't be happier, no jowls or turkey neck. I've been able to work from home starting the morning after. Maybe you should consider Dr. Moretz in Beverly Hills. I have other friends who were done by him last summer and are still thrilled with the results. Alot depends on the doctor. I'm also convinced alot of the negative comments and horror stories are written by employees for other plastic surgeons who don't do the LSL and are four times the price.
I had my LSL and chin lipo last Wednesday, I feel great and am very happy with the procedure, done in the Beverly Hills office by Dr. Moretz and tech, Van. I was treated great. No pain, I didn't even feel the shots. During the procedure I felt pressure, taking two lorazapan took all the anxiety away. I was in pain the first few days, nothing that the vicodin didn't fix. Definetly stay on soft foods for the first five days as per the instructions, try not to chew anything. I chewed a peanut butter sandwich the second day and paid for it with added jaw pain. I'm still swollen but can see I will be very happy with the results, jaw and chin are tight, even my marrionet lines are gone. I would do it again in a second.
I have an appt. on Monday to talk to a doc. I am checking my options and LSF is one. This forum has been helpful!
Lanne, Don't do it to yourself. For a few $$$ more you can have a competent surgeon do it and not have your ears grow longer or wind up having to have it redone. Researching the doc on the internet is not enough. I did that, his credential looked fine. But he sure screwed my face up good. It is the lift itself that is the problem. The SMAS lift is just a revamp of the LSL. Look it up. Best, Chrystal