Lifestyle Lift; Evidently I Am One of the Lucky Ones.

I had my Lifestyle Lift along with upper &...

I had my Lifestyle Lift along with upper & lower eyes and the additional neck tightening procedure done February 9, 2009. So I am writing this about six weeks after everything was done.

Immediately following the procedure I experience swelling and bruising, which is fairly normal. The pain I experienced however was awful! The pain meds I was given hardly made a difference. I am no baby either. I had this Lifestyle Lift procedure done because ten years ago I had gastric by-pass surgery to lose weight so I could have a hip replacement done. I lost 186 pounds, and had the replacement done! I am familiar with surgical pain. My main reason for having this procedure was the removal of the "turkey waddle" I had hanging from beneath my chin because of the massive weight loss from my gastric by-pass. The eyes and mid face lift to me where just "vanity add-ons" but I wanted it all so that I looked younger and felt better about myself. The weight loss left me looking so much older I had self image problems!

To the point. The surgical procedure to me was a nightmare and extremely traumatic. I was constantly being administered more of the local anesthesia because I was not staying numb. But the WORST for me was that I could see and hear everything! It was traumatic. Hearing the muscle being sliced, seeing the tools, hearing the doctors and the assistants, hearing the liposuction sucking the fat from the jowls, feeling the jabbing pressure. NOT GOOD!

Following the procedure I spent the night in a hotel because I had driven 2 hours to the city where the closest clinic was located. No sleep - much pain. Follow-up with the doctor the following day was short, short, short! She changed the bandaging and told me to return in two weeks, if I could. Well of course I could!!! Who, in their right mind wouldn't????

At home I faithfully followed the post-op instruction sheet. My partner helped me and if anything we went overboard on keeping the incisions cleaned and covered. I kept the neck wrap on 24 hours a day for the first three (not just the two weeks recommended) and then slept in the wrap for the remainder of five weeks after the procedure. I took the round of Z-pack (Zithromax) that I was prescribed. However the pain - Oh goodness! NOT GOOD AT ALL! My ears hurt so badly I couldn't get comfy - I slept in a recliner for three straight weeks. There was a place on my right temple that at times I would experience such a sharp stabbing pain that I thought something had struck me. The wrap around my face and under my chin went over my oh so painful ears but I did it anyway and took pain meds so I could. I knew that the skin had to re-attach itself to the underlying muscles and tissue. I wasn't going to risk having that awful turkey waddle back in any way!

The Zithromax didn't keep the infection away and I knew enough to call the Lifestyle Lift clinic and tell them immediately. They gave me more pain meds (stronger) and another round of antibiotic (not a Z-pack) to take for another ten days. Still, I had the lower edge of the incision in front of my left ear open up. I kept it very clean and covered. I emailed a picture of the wound to the clinic manager and she gave it to my surgeon. I did receive a reply via a phone call from the clinic telling me to continue with what I was doing and stating that my smoking had most likely caused this. (Funny but all my other incisions were healing quite nicely - how come my light smoking effected only this ONE spot????)

At my next follow up, the Dr. blew into the room, looked at the wound, stated that she could not stitch it closed because the tissue was too fragile. She said to continue what I was doing, she also hypothesized that the stabbing pain I was experiencing was a migraine (?) that my hair looked great (?) and the assistant would remove my stitches. She then blew-out of the room, never to return. The scared silly young lady who tried to remove all my stitches was inexperienced and ill trained, bless her heart. She missed a number of stitches and was shaky, worrying that she was hurting me...I was (and still am) without feeling in the areas she was working so she couldn't hurt me.

When I finished my second round of antibiotics, I still felt that there was infection so I made an appointment with my family physician. My wonderful family doctor immediately prescribed another Z-pack and told me to continue with the pain meds, and the topical antibiotic crème.

I had another appointment with the Lifestyle Lift Dr in two weeks (my six week follow-up) Between the time I saw my family doctor and returning to Lifestyle Lift my daughter, who is a nursing student came to visit. One look at the wound in front of my ear and she asked "why in the world I was keeping it covered all the time?" She went on to say that the healing process requires air to dry the wound allowing it to scab over and heal from the inside out. By keeping it covered all the time I was creating a warm, moist environment for bacteria to grow."

Well, thinking back I knew that was true because of my own first aid training, however I found it strange that at NO TIME did the Lifestyle Lift Dr. tell me to uncover the wound for even a little time much less even mention uncovering the spot at all. When I did uncover it, the scabbing occurred and by the time I went back to Lifestyle Lift the Dr. wiggled the skin around the area and said that yes it was closed and healing (she knocked off the scab) and that it might scar. I asked her what she would do about that because I did not pay $8500 for a scarred hole in front of my ear or the still loose skin under my chin (not a waddle but, not smooth either!) Dr. W said that she could remove the scar if after six months it was still bad enough to bother me and that some neck - firming crème might help tighten up the crepe-like skin under my chin. (Hey, if that had worked I wouldn't have paid thousands of dollars for surgery!!!) But she didn't give me any names of neck firming topical nor did she write any prescriptions. She did mention that I might look into a Dr who did laser firming in my hometown (more $$$ out of my pocket!!)

After sitting for over an hour in the separate waiting room for post-surgical people and talking to five others who had used the same Dr. I must admit that only one other man (of Latino descent) and myself (Caucasian) looked decent. One woman's ears had a quarter of an inch height difference and a big fold in one ear lobe that she stated wasn't there prior to the surgery. Her face and the face of another African-American lady looked as though they were pre-surgical NOT post-surgical! Both were really angry and upset! In my opinion they had every right to be upset. The other lady in the waiting room had awful scarring around the ears, jowls that were still prominent, and many large, deep wrinkles around the mouth (smile lines) - it was bad!

If I had known about this web-sight, had thought about the difference in local and general anesthesia (hearing and seeing everything) I certainly would have spent the extra money, gone to a board certified plastic surgeon and had this done in a hospital setting under general anesthesia. Also, I caught an interview on television with the "inventor" and founder of Lifestyle Lift . He stated that the optimal age for someone to have this procedure is in their late 40's early 50's - At NO time was this fact mentioned to any of the people in the waiting room that I spoke with nor was I told this.

Even though my resuults are FAR better than those I encountered in the post-op waiting room or have seen on this web-site I still am not 100% happy and I would NEVER encourage anyone else to undergo this procedure with this company!

Photo Update

I am saddened and astounded that this company is...

I am saddened and astounded that this company is still luring in unsuspecting patients. Numerous lawsuits have been filed against this corporation and LSL has manged to get out of each and every one; due to either state laws or their corporate structure (non-medical) I can only offer my experience and my story to others who might consider using this corporation and hope that they research deeply into the experiences of others and then change their mind!
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is one of those things that should fall into the "if it seems to good to be true..." category. This is nothing more than an assembly line procedure with little or no follow-up care or physician concern.

I am so glad that I have seen what has been posted about Lifestyle life. I have apointment Oct 16 2012 ,Well this scared the heck out of me. I have cancel it. I go to someone who is a real Dr..Thank you for all . I do hope and pray that it works out for you and everyone else .God Bless all of you
Thank you all Keep us updated!!!
WOW!!! There are some real mental patients here! One person has had several procedures and isn't happy with any of them, yet has never had a LSL procedure and is still bashing this!! As for the Dr reply, it was very professional and completely honest. So many of you read things into it that weren't there, but you wanted them to be. There is a reason you had plastic surgery, take a few minutes to look within yourself and see if its because you have unreasonable expectations of yourself and others and if you will ever be happy. Wishing you all well.
not having read all of the 70 comments on this page---I cannot imagine catsnacks that you think a reasonable expectation is a hole in front of someone ears that could have killed this person.

catsnacks, what???? Because those of us who have had horrible experience with this company and are sharing and warning other women -- we are mental & bashing? I think that warning anyone of a company that "Target Markets Women and Men" and makes promises that they cannot keep is not bashing. And get real, what physician would take the time to write such a lack-luster letter, who wants to "express some empathy", PLEASE. It this so called un-name physician had any morals at all he would not affiliate himself with this company. Many doctors has spoken out against LSL only to be bullied, sued, threatened, etc. And you are right about having something missing, A LOT OF MONEY out of our pockets. If LSL really did give a care about their patients who are/were unhappy, don't you think they could get above a 53% approval rating? And they have to write letteres to their patients asking them to post here. Pitiful. Absolutely and Positively Pitiful. As far as mental goes, you go and get a LSL and then come back and post here and see if you feel "a little off". Best to you, Chrystal Eckes
Wow! Am I ever glad I found this site! I live in the Atlanta GA area, and also had gastric bypass surgery. I have not lost all my weight yet, but thought I would start checking into things. Being older, I'm seeing more sagging and wrinkling than I like, so was considering this surgery eventually. Now I NEVER would have it & certainly will go to a reputable, qualified registered plastic surgeon! Thank you all for sharing your experiences!!
Well…I did my last saturday and I’m VERY happy so far. Who U think is hired by Lifestile lift? Only best surgeons to my experience w/doctor KIM.The only think I wish that I knew about his private office in Doraville.The cost will be cheaper because the “middle man” will be out of picture.But all good! Lifestilelift staff was wonderful and they hv 2 make $ 2 . Doctor Kim is professional and never inform me to do this procedure in his office,but I wish he did! I got my info from another source and NOW HE will be my doctor 4ever! IN HIS OFFICE! I LUV DOCTOR KIM!!!!! His work is magic! ;)))

THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I just started to look into this procedure and researching it some. You have probably saved me from the worst mistake of my life! One comment: I have never been to a DR. office that won't let post op patients be seen by future patients. That's pathetic. I hope these butchers are prosecuted for their pure greed.

Does it bother anyone that they advertise a (comparatively speaking) low price for the 'Lifestyle Lift', but then almost every single person is sold lots of 'Extras', like eye procedures, lipo, laser, etc. DOUBLING THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

This is basically a bait and switch, you go in for an advertised 'lower priced' item that is advertised, but end up spending so much more in the end to get 'results'.

Look up News reports posted on YOUTUBE. Watch Dr. Kent walk out on a news interview.
They did not try to sell me a bunch of extras. When I signed up for the facelift I asked if I needed the option where they liposuction fat from under the chin. They said, no, I didn't need that.

I don't like how aggressively they advertise their services, but the bottomline is that you get real value for your money. At 7 months, I'm still real happy with the results I got from my LSL facelift.
Seems like you didn't do your homework beforehand. LSL has plenty of board certified plastic surgeons. My doctor was double board certified. I'm on day five after the procedure, and so far I'm pretty well satisfied.
Are you asking for a referral to a licensed, Board Certified Plasic Surgeon in the Atlanta area who preforms facelift procedures? If that Is your question, I cannot provide an answer as I do not live in Atlanta or even in the state of Georgia. My advise would be to contact the Georgia State Board of Plastic Surgeons, request from them the names of several Board certified surgeons who specialize in facial procedures. Then call each of them for a free consultation. Choose one who makes you comfotable and provides you with the names and numbers of patients who have used them. Good surgeons will do this. Best of luck to you - remember these two things please...If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is and you get what you pay for(in most instances)
I was wondering what doctors are recommended in the Atlanta, GA area for this procedure
NONE!!!!! Had my surgery in Atlanta - Don't do it please!! Go to a real, board certified, private practice surgeon!! I still have problems and I had the surgery in September 2008!
Hi Ada, I believe that the lady was asking for a doctor other than LSL. I didn't know who to refer her to other than the State Medical Licening Board as in my response. I hope you are doing better. Happy holidays Pamela
Im very happy w/doctor KIM. But u will save $ if u go direct to his doraville office in ATL.
huh??

I think that what Mangofire is saying is that KIM has a office in Doraville, GA. His own private practice where he performs other procedures other than the LSL that he does at the Marietta office. That is why I write in almost all of my posts to seek out a 2nd opinion from an INDEPENDENT Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, not someone who already has a practice and performs LSL's on the side. Why would any plastic surgeon who has his own practice do such a procedure on people? I know Kim, go and look at my pictures of how he did my eyes, they had to be redone by another plastic surgeon. Kim would take no responsibility -- same for the LSL office. Choose carefully, you only have one face!!! Best Chrystal Eckes
Chrystal,Im very sorry that didn’t work out for u. I didn’t had face lift. Just face laser,upper eye procedure and fat transfer under my eyes.It is 11 days and Im completely healed( just sme scars upper eye) Only few ppl know about my procedure,but who ever see me, tell me that I look 20 years younger and nothing visible on my face.Doctors KIM work was great! And he is board certified! ;)))
I agree Chrystal: why would someone do LSL on the side? that is just wrong.

I am so happy that everything went well for you, on the other hand, there are thousands of us who for one reason or another did not fare so well. I do know that Kim is board certified and did check on that before I had the procedure. My problem with the LSL procedure is the promises made VS what you really end up with. The non-disclosure and downplaying of what could happen is unbelievable and I also find it hard to believe that ANY REPUTABLE PHYSICIAN

(didn't get to finish that thought) would align him/herself with this sort of "company".  Kim is known for reshaping oriental (no offense meant here) eyes to have a crease. I am very surprised that he has to "MOONLIGHT" for a company like Lifestyle Lift. On a scale of 1-10, I give his bedside manner a one and think that he acted towards me the way that he did was because of the problems that arose from the surgery he performed on my face -- my eyes were the worst. The entire lift was a nightmare. A Disaster that had to be redone by another board certified facial plastic surgeon. No one bothered to tell me that the eye condition that I had would have been covered under my regular medical insurance. So, for anyone considering any type of facial plastic surgery, please take the time to get a 2nd opinion and be sure to compare apples to apples. Also, it never hurts to include your regular medical doctor and to be sure that you are physically fit enough to undergo this type of surgery. It is NOT a walk in the park.  (AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT that I never would have considered having a LSL at all had I known that the doctors "MOONLIGHT" out of their own offices.) Best to all, Chrystal Eckes

Thanks for all the email responses I got from everyone - here is the investigative report linkhttp://www.my9tv.com/dpp/my9_news/unit_9/My9_Online_Reviews
This is also interesting: http://www.my9tv.com/dpp/my9_news/scitech/FTC_to_Regulate_Blogging_54998546 This is part of an email from the Investigative Reporter that was mailed to another list member: Bravo to YOU – for all your help and courage in speaking out. I hope you stay in touch with Jeff Wahl – And contact Atty General Andrew Cuomo’s office at 800-788-9898 – Or 800-428-9071 – that’s the Healthcare Hotline. I’m not sure whether they’d file you under Fraud or Healthcare. Probably fraud. Let me know whether they can help you. Thanks, again! Brenda Brenda Flanagan Investigative Reporter WWOR/WNYW-TV News 9 Broadcast Plaza Secaucus NJ 07849 201-330-2288 office 609-203-5073 cell
OH YES I cancelled. I was told that just because others took longer to heal, doesn't mean I would. This is after I told him we had a very expensive, special holiday cruise coming up in less than 7 weeks. These people obviously have no shame. Get the word out by writing a Letter to the Editor of your local paper. Just mention TV advertising and not the actual name. This whole thing is a disgrace. They should have been reported by the doctors that have done the corrections and certainly if anyone ended up in the ER. I wish you all well and hope you get some satisfaction. Brigitte