I Was Realistic in my Expectations and Am Very Pleased

The pros: I got an estimate from a plastic...

The pros: I got an estimate from a plastic surgeon for a regular face lift. It was over $20,000.

Cons: it was scary at the time.

I had the procedure done about 6 months ago. The swelling and hardness are gone, but it took about 3-4 months. My neck is not as good as I hoped it would be. But I have been studying my family and see that we all have a sloped neckline, even my thin 19 year old daughter. So my neck is as good as it gets for my genetics. I also had my lower eyelids done. That was the most dramtic difference. I think, overall, it was excellent. It may have been better if I had done the traditional surgery.

But I never would have for $20,000. I am very happy. My surgeon was in Clayton, MO. I recommend him. But I cannot speak to the other surgeons there. The pain I had the first night was horrible. But my husband, being worried about overdosing on pain pills, was not giving me the full dose. Once I took the full dose, it was no problem. You just have to take the next pill before the first one wears off.

I am 2 years plus into mine and my ears are still stitched to my head I have no ear lobes. I also still have the under chin skin hanging that I had before I had the "PROCEDURE" my eyes still have the white scars and the scars around my ears that run at least 3 inches are also still visible...... After reading your review I am wondering how many years I have to wait for this to all go away?
horrible horrible experience and terrible results.

my neck has permanent huge brown stains on both sides

because they didn't put drains in and gave me NO POST OP instructions.....a small tube of bacitracin and a ice pack

and I got pushed out the back door and drove home.

pain --excruciating after the 60 shots wore off--and I had natural child birth so I know what pain is.

the brown stains are called hemotoma's --it looks like I was burned in a fire.
When did you have your surgery?
Most scars can be hidden with hair style but the scars will change as time goes by .
Some people scar worse than others but it is major surgery no face lift is without scars it is a pay off to have a better face.
People seem to think LSL is some miricle that wont leave scars and wont have pain I think if anyone has ever had surgery you know it is a rough couple of days and then rewards.
I am not saying that everyone is going to be happy but it is always a risk when you have plastic surgery because you dont know how your body is going to react to the trauma I have always tried to be realistic about it but I have to say this is the best surgery I have ever had it surpassed my expectations so far.
It is not without pain but it is managable with the meds and ice I had ice on my face for 7 days evey chance I had and it felt yummy.
I felt very stiff for about 3 ddays in my face hard to eat but I was not hungry I ate cottage cheese ice cream yogurt evey hour on the hour for about 2 days then started to eat real food slowly but great pay off.
I also lost a couple of lbs that cant be bad.
I am only 17 days after surgery people who know are amazed people who dont know I had it done keep saying you lost a lot of weight or you look great I just say thank you as if I have always looked this great.
I want to tell everyone about my experiance I know it is not for everyone you have to be willing to stay awake for me it was a bonus I have asthma and have had a lotof terrrible experiances with general anasthesia so that was what sold me it was no worse than going to the dentist for me.
I am not trying to make light of your experiance but it does take a lot of time some times to get the result your looking for I wish you all the best and I hope you are as happy as me soon.
Dr Farias