The Life-style Lift Recovery is Longer Than They Tell You

I had my LifeStyle Lift done On July 12, 2006. I...

I had my LifeStyle Lift done On July 12, 2006. I had the bags removed from under my eyes as well as the lift. It would be better if they told you that most people will need some time to recover. There was no way I could go out in public for about 2 weeks. My eyes were black and swollen. My whole face was swollen. I still have a lot of discomfort especially on the back of my ears. My right side was more of a problem than the left. It is still swollen.

The scars on the back of the ears are pretty awful. They tell you afterwards that it might take up to a year to completely heal.This should be told up front. A tech took out the stitches and did have bleeding after this was done. My left ear had drainage for about two weeks. I did have to have my right ear aspirated 3 times because of fluid build up. Am not convinced that the office help really have medical training. In fact they gave me the opposite information over the phone. I had called about the severe swelling, it was fluid, but they told me that as long as it was hard, not to worry. They should have told me to come in as hardness is a sign of fluid build-up.

The after care needs some attention. As I said, I still am having trouble sleeping or even having the phone on my ear. The least amount of pressure causes much discomfort. This may all be pretty standard, but their ads lead you to believe that you can resume normal activities in a short period of time. I think it would be much better if they told you the truth. Am I happy that I had it done; can't say for sure. Still have swelling under my eyes and most of the swelling has gone down on my face (not behind the ears). Friends tell me that I do look better than I did.

If I had known that the recovery time would be this long, sure wouldn't have had it done in the summer. Would have waited until January when there are fewer activities. (I live in Indiana). Am a golfer and have only been able to go out a couple of times. Honesty is always the best policy. I had the procedure done in Schaumburg, IL. Unfortunately, after the procedure, I found that the Dr. who performed the procedure is on probation in Pennsylvania.

I had the Lifestyle Lift on March 6th. I am 59 years old and have been through major illness that prematurely aged my skin everywhere! I was prepared that it would not be a fun procedure. I can handle pain. What I was not prepared for was when the knots to my stiches were cut out on March 12 that they would open the not healed wounds behind my ears and under my chin. I now have, as I speak large wholes behind each ear gappinf 2" by 1/2". I was told this would close in about 2 weeks. I haven't seen any improvement. I will no doubt have large scars behind ears and under chin. I am concerned about infection. I am on immunopressant drugs. I had the lazor done as well. I am still red and still a bit swollen. I am also not pleased with the results. I mainley got this done due to a double chin and vertical wrinkles in the creases on both sides of the chin. Now, the skin was pulled up and out then down under the chin, the verticle wrinkles are now horizontal and much more noticable. My mouth area looks like a vantriloquist dummy's mouth. I don't know what to do. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this. This was supposed to be a good thing I was doing for myself after getting through non hodgekins lymphoma cancer and a liver transplant! I am very sad.
Have any of you that had the lifestyle lift that went wrong considered speaking with an attorney? I must let the healing time resolve itself. however, being left with scars and deep lines that were not there to begin with, along with new sagging skin AMONG ALL ELSE, THE PAIN, I'll be damn if I am going to just let it go!!! $8500 is a lot of money and I will not allow someone to do this to me without retrobution and payback!!! I have to look at these scars now for the rest of my life. I am considering going to a new plastic surgion with a reknown reputation to see if all of this damage can be repaired and at what cost. I will pursue with a law suit once this is established. My doctor was also supposed to get a clearence from my transplant doctor, which I believe did not happen! I am not just sad but FURIOUS!!!
I hope you are able to find a lawyer willing to take on this battle for you. We talked about it a few years ago, but only one lawyer was interested in forming a class action suit, and I don't know what ever happened with that.
I don't blame you for being furious! I do sincerely hope that you are able to find a lawyer to work with you. Please be sure to document with plenty of photos, and go get a 2nd and 3rd opinion from certified doctors, however, it should be noted, though most of them do not LIKE the LSL, many are not so willing to 'testify' legally to the misdeeds of LSL that they have had to try to correct.
Thank you for your support! I just recieved a phone call from an attorney, thank goodness! I will also see a plastic surgeon in the near future. I think I will speak with the attorney first. Were you able to see photos?
I've been when you are I spoke with the attorney, I spoke with the state medical board, I gave a testimony to an attorney recommended on this site. Then he disappeared like he never existed and I think he was a plant or something like that but anyway the only way that I felt anything could come of all this would be a class action lawsuit and I couldn't get group participation.
So sorry that this has happened to you frus1g. Many of us, for years and across this country, have been trying to put an end to the lies of LSL. The only thing we have been able to accomplish is warn people on social media. Every time we thought we had a lawyer do do a class action suit, it was dropped. They must have some influence where it counts. I believe the gals in Florida had some success in at least getting their money back. By the way, looks like they have raised prices. About 5 years ago. it was about $3000 cheaper to have done than what you paid. We all bear the scars, numbness, tingling. The pain was horrible, the recovery lengthy. Now I look freaky with chipmunk cheeks by my jaw, my jowels came back right away, and the scars under the chin and all around my ears. There is even something in one of my cheeks that protrudes like they left something in my face. I had a black eye for weeks and they didn't do anything to my eyes! We have a Facebook page that we stay in touch, all us girls of unhappy lifestyle lift. We have tried but they seem to silence anyone who will speak out. I wish you good luck and more healing. I hope your attorney can do something for you. We have had our hopes dashed so many times. We all wish everyone would find our site and read these, that seems like all we can do. Best of luck. If you want, and you can private message me. I can't see your pictures.
I don't have an attorney, there was the one in FL. but he dropped out of site. I was thinking about change.org for media attention. Read about the site and let me know what you think about that idea.
You should be able to have copies of your before and after photos that LSL took, and take as many during your recovery as you can. After posting last night, I pulled out my 'recovery' photos - I had forgotten how bad it actually was. I looked like the victim of a train wreck or something worse.

My VA dr was 'board cerified' (they can create their own certification 'boards' with official sounding names. Two years later my recover was not complete. Lumps, lumpy scars and shooting burning pains still persist. It was WEEKS before I could even attempt to go out in public - even with pancake makeup and long hair. NOT THE 'LUNCHTIME' LIFT THEY WERE ADVERTISING AT THE TIME - back to work the next day..... try the next MONTH! with heavy makeup and pain.

Thank you for submitting your review. Was the doctor who performed it Board Certified and a real M.D.? In DE there are some excellent plastic surgeons & I haven't heard anything upsetting about the Lifestyle Lift, other than your report, which I'm glad to know about. I've been told up front that it can take a couple of months before the stitches heal; it doesn't sound like you anticipated that length of time for healing. I'm sorry you had a difficult time -- but you look fabulous!
Who are you responding to? I think you are in the wrong site.
Responded to the Schaumburg, IL lady who wrote about her poor Lifestyle Lift.
apache50, sanctimonious preaching is on another website.
I people would be more comfortable with themselves they wouldn't worryabout looking different. Be happy in yourself and let it be.
Run as fast as you can AWAY from life style lift!! Painful, no follow up appts with the surgeon and my internal stitches snapped and no one would believe that "that could happen"! I had to insist on seeing the surgeon after the surgery. One and one half years later my ear and jaw on the left side are still tingly/numb and the skin under my chin hangs lower on one side than the other. $8000 down the drain, I look no different, I think worse. I also have a pucker under my chin from uneven stitching. I have scars in front of both ears. Please go to a surgeon and have a regular procedure in a hospital! Life style lift is a ripoff! Please ladies, I wish I could take that day back and not have ever had it done!!! When I complain they tell me to come back in and they will "fix it". No way will I let them come near me again.
Amen Patty, I would do anything to undo that day and I also rejected the 'do-over' for fear that I would be even more disfigured. I want justice so bad I can taste it every day I look in the mirror. I want a class action suit.
If anyone ever does file a class action, please keep me in the loop! I asked my cosmetology surgeon how they get away with it, he said, just the numbers game, they get a suit, they settle, and with everyone who is coming through the front door they're still making money while paying out settlements! What needs to happen is the closure of their doors forever!!
Hey you all, Pattty posted on a forum page to call Meyerkord & Meyerkord St. louis MO 800-391-4318. So I thought I'd add another link to the info. chain and post it here. To heck with them. It's like God's promise to Satan of the Lake of Fire. You know how you can tell when certain people are lying? Their lips are moving. Too many people have been damaged now. They've ignored people, done MORE damage "fixing" them, and paid off people with pittance to shut them up. It's time for it to stop. Some states DO NOT ALLOW THEM to operate there and it's time that ALL STATES adopt the protection laws that we need ! If people want this type of thing, let them go to Guatemala. Eventually they're going to catch all these people shilling for them. Like they did in NY. And the person of theirs that wants everybody to call her??? Damage Control, REALLY??? TOO LITTLE TOO LATE !
Amen!!!!
Has anyone been to the LSL IN San Ramon, CA?
Hey sweets, what's up, long time no hear!!
The amount of injustice I feel is exceeded only by my need for revenge.
The most important thing: I felt every needle and the burning laser was like a blow torch. I'm told I should have felt nothing, it was almost unbearable, but I made it(felt like torture.
Almost a year ago I had lower eye lid surgery(took out the fat) and my face lasered (blow torched), to of course give me younger skin and reduce my pores.
They failed to tell me what to expect. I had to go back and ask why the corner of my eye's had hard lumps. They told me to buy Vit E and rub regular. It worked. The next un-expected was "wrinkles". Where the fat came out loose skin wrinkled. I know longer have puffy eye's but wrinkled eye's. I'm not happpy with either one, wrinkles or puffy eye's. One would think to mention this. Now, to the pores, the doctor actually sang to me "good bye pores, good by pores, mimicking a Christmas song that was playing (here comes Santa Claus)....I still have pore issues. I do NOT feel this helped me at all and the price was around 4k. My husband also has NOT had a good experience but they are still trying to fix the mess. Can't comment yet on him due to he is still going back for corrections(on his 4th or 5th trip). Will update you on him when the time is right. Good Luck.
well, it did not work out well for my husband.SETTLED and still screwed up.

KT1141 I have heard that a "class action" is for the lawyers and not the client...so I would suggest suing privately so one could get the money to correct themselves as this is what my husband will have to do...so sad
Florida