Painless, Quick Recovery, Great Results in a Short Time Frame, Cost-effective

Painless, Quick Recovery, Great Results in a short...

Painless, Quick Recovery, Great Results in a short time Frame, Cost-effective Need I say More? I am 54 and have good skin and happy with my basic features. I just had too much lower face skin and fat. My Doctor exuded confidence regarding the outcomes. I was very determined to have this proceedure since it fit into my busy lifestyle yet didn't change my entire look. I liked my before face, there was just too much lower face and neck skin. The way my doc handled the procedure, actually made it fun. He sang the whole time and I found that very entertaining. It's 3 weeks now and I have gone out in public since week one. I have very little bruising covered with makeup. Swelling, yet no pain, just tightness. Everyone says I look great already. Goodbye Double chin and jowls.

I am a 54 year old non smoker...average build. I was beginning to get the saggy neck and some wrinkles around my eyes. I had a consultation on Dec 8,2009 at Lifestyle lift in Clayton. My husband went with me. Jodi, the sales rep talked with us first and we watched some videos. Dr Farias then came in and talked with us for at least 40 minutes. Dr Farias explained everything in vivid detail so there were no surprises. We felt very comfortable with him and had researched him on the internet before we went. We had already decided if we were high pressured we were walking out. Then a nurse came in and talked with us some more and answered questions and stepped out so we could talk privately. When she came back in we scheduled for surgery January 14, 2010. They offered an interest free charge card for a year so that was what we opted to do. The total cost was $7600.00. The staff was completely professional. I was given several perscriptions to have filled prior to surgery which I did. The night before the surgery I started taking the antibiotic. I had been given a list of medication and activities to discontinue 2 weeks prior to surgery which I followed. I had a LSL and full lazer done to my face last Thursday. The procedure took an hour and a half. I was given a couple of happy pills which did relax me and I cannot tell you how many shots I received but it was a lot and very similar to injections you receive at the dentist. The surgery itself was not painful but I would be lying if I said you cannot feel anything. I felt the lazer, and I especially felt the liposuction. It was not terribly painful but it was very uncomfortable at times. On Saturday, I was able to remove the dressing and shower and started putting antibiotic ointment on the stitches. I have incisions beginning at my hairline about 1 inch above my ears all the way down the length of my ear and around to the back of my ear about halfway up. I have a one inch horizontal incision in the bottom of my chin. My face is very crusty from the lazer and I am sure when that all comes off my skin will be very smooth. This is day 4 and I look like I have been beaten with a baseball bat...lol I have a lot of bruising, and a tremendous amount of swelling and soreness. I have been taking one pain pill every 4 hours and probably should have been taking 2 every 6 hours. My neck is so tight that it is very difficult to open my mouth to eat so I have been living on gatorade. The good news is I have lost 2 pounds...lol I go back Tuesday to have the stitches removed and will update at that time. My husband is documenting with photos everyday. I want to be reminded that I never want to do this again...lol
I'm considering a thread-lift procedure which is what it sounds like most of you have had? I'm curious about the different results - knowing every one's body is different & all - you see I do not have any extra fat, and little excess skin so there will be none of this cutting skin... It sounds as if quite a few of you have had to have this done though, & it seems as if this causes a lot of bruising/complications? Am I gathering this right?
hey all..i'm still happy with my lifestyle lift from almost a year ago...much improved and worth it to me. I still get lots of compliments ..no weird after effects. Dr. did a great job for me, anyway!!
Thanks for all reviews.....decided to take a pass on this now.
I just had 4/17/08 a "lifestyle" lift, along with lypo. under my chin. I opted for a brow lift and was suggested cheek implants rather than having my eyes done. Since the brow lift requires sedation, I was thrilled to be "under", just in case the pain was bad. When I awoke, my head was wrapped up like a beehive. I had a terrible headache, which lasted almost 2 days. I was given pain meds., but after 3 days stopped them. No pain. Unfortunately,I am considered a "high bruiser" and had very bad black eyes, and my lower jaw was very bruised. I saw the dr. the next day, and he noticed swelling on my left cheek and asked me to come back the following week. Well, I was still swollen & bruised, and he thought I had fluid in my face. Low & behold, one of the implants was swelling my cheek up and he took it out. (No pain, just sniped the incision inside my mouth and out came blood & small clots). I was lucky. I am still healing, the cheek is still black & blue, but everyday I look better. I think if the cheek problem hadn't happened, I would be sailing along. I was told that it takes weeks for the swelling to go away. You do NOT go back to work after this procedure! Go to the top plastic surgeon in your area. I did. A good dermatologist will offer plenty of names. Check out his credentials. You get what you pay for......trust me. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Hi, I had the LSL (just jawls) done mid March,today I still have these stitches on each side of my face near the checkbone, it feels awful. I was told that these internal stitches go away and melt on their own ? Can anyone comment on that? Thanks,
I went to the Lifestyle Lift office for a consultation today and was quoted $ 4,900. for the procedure. I decided to do some research to determine if neck lipo, or other alternatives would be more beneficial and economical. The office personnel were very nice but I felt uncomfortable with what seemed like an overly confident facade, but I am naturally skeptical of procedures that involve the face and neck. I'm 41 years old with natural aging, sun damage, and not taking care of my skin in my youth. I have very mild neck sagging and regular aging. Any advice about this procedure and whether anyone believes it is worth the price or not? I'm in St. Louis, Missouri so the office I went to is in Clayton, Mo. I did not meet a doctor.
Marie, My name is Nancy. I used the doctor in Clayton. He was wonderful. I had my surgery March 27, 2008. I will be glad to email you some pictures if you would like to give me your email address. Just let me know. Nancy
So many reviews are scams written by the people who do the work and get your money. I hate these kind of people. Scammers!!! The scam reviews are sooooooo obvious. Real people dont talk that way. Some scammers even form their own review boards, so when folks like us go on the net for a review, we find a review committee formed by the scammer.

If you can point to any scam reviews on RealSelf.com we'd investigate this immediately. We're dedicated to keeping RealSelf.com free from attempts by companies or other parties to manipulate their "worth it" rating on the site.

Nancy...it's VERY NORMAL and does subside in about 3-4 weeks..I just wore my hair differently..I'm 5 months out and look very naturally IMPROVED!!!! Be patient...you'll love the results....keep us posted...I love my results...the knots subside.
Georgiadee, Thanks for getting back to me. I can already tell that the knots are going down. I guess I just needed a little reasurance. I'll be 3 weeks out thursday. I am very pleased with the results so far. Thanks, Nancy
I am considering procedure. Has anyone used Dr. Kristen Tarbet,MC FACS of The Skin Center of Seattle in Bellevue,WA Any comments?
Ruby, The whole package is a little over 6 thousand dollars. That is eyes, lipo, chin, jaw. If you decide to get procedure the payments can be spread out via Care Credit. I went for 36 months pay off and got a reasonable intrest rate on the financing. Care Credit does alot of elective surgery financing. Good luck
Nancy, I had the entire package but did not need the lower eye lid. What I would recommend tho, is make sure you can stay home for at least two weeks after the procedures. If your like me, you should be able to return to work the 3rd week. I was still swollen but wore my glasses and got a haircut that flattered my face. I am now 4 weeks post-op and all swelling has gone down. I'm delighted with the results so far. Been then I'm being realistic with myself. I only have a one stitch mark near my left ear that is visible but that should go away in a few weeks. If you can't work from home or take the time off, don't do it. You need time to recover and heal without being stressed out about your appearance for the first week or two. Good luck.
BellasDonna, Thanks for getting back with me. I am 2 weeks post-op. The sides of my face by my ears are still so swollen, is that normal? It feels like I have a big knot on each side of my face and its hard. Just concerned if this will go away. Thanks, Nancy
I noticed that some of you used Dr. Farias in St. Louis. I am scheduled for March 27th and am very nervous. Woul like your input on Dr. Farias. I am having LSL and thinking about lower eye not sure yet. Any input would be appreciated. Nancy Editor note: you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).
Georgia, I just had the procedure done last Friday and am so far healing according to plan. We probably had the same Dr F; adoreable and confident. Any advice on scar advance healing? I've taken all the advice from here, my doc and other web sites and pretty much happy so far. Still look abit like Stewie Griffin but alot better than 3 days ago. Thanks in advance
HI Georgia, I had the procedure (just jawls lifted) 8 weeks ago, I used the doctor in New York. I still have knots in the back of my ears and there are stitches under my skin that feels like needles, my face is not symetrical. Will this ever go away? Scared I made a mistake, I am 52. thanks!
I just did under my chin 4 days ago. I have had a pretty bad headache the past two days is that normal?
I am considering this procedure after I lose another 25 pounds. I want my double chin gone and my jawline tightened. I've read some bad stories and good ones on this thread. You went to St. Louis, which is where I'm considering. Are there more than one doctor there? How were you treated? How much down time for you? If I get jaw muscles tightened and lipo and skin tightened under my chin, what am I looking at? I estimated $5,000. Is that about what you had done? Are you still satisfied. I've read some people are reverting to old look within six months. Thanks, Ruby
Just a comment on the washed out after picture. When a photograph is taken using the flash and the subject is too close to the camera you get this effect. This photo has had all the detail washed out by the flash, so I have to agree with the comment above that you can not see how she really looks because the detail has been washed out.
yes, I had lipo under the chin and neck...worth it! doesn't show signs of an incision. Good luck!!! Let us know what you think of him and the staff?
Thanks. I really am a little nervous. Going to see Dr. Farias for my LSL on 12/26. How long was the down time? Did you have the neck done, too?
The background picture looks normal. The foreground picture is too bright. What's with the bright light? It doesn't look normal, where is her skin color? How can I judge it honestly, with such a big difference in the lighting????