Life Style Lift: Don't Do It! See my Photos

I was left with terrible scars and given...

I was left with terrible scars and given absolutely no post op care instructions at all. In the 3 years since I have had this surgery I have felt humiliated and ugly.

Finally I have taken some steps to repair the damage, which was significant. I am spending about $3000 to $4000 in laser which I highly reccomend.

I am starting to feel a little less self conscience about the horrific results I got... and I have the pictures to prove it.

look at my pictures and tell me: who in their right mind would do this and expect a person to heal from this type of incision and suturing???

I was butchered.

Obviously even post op laser treatment was only...

obviously even post op laser treatment was only able to minimally help the very poor job that was done on my face.

Life Style Lift did not offer or care to help repair the damage. They basically said tough luck sweetie----

NEXT IN LINE PLEASE!

UGH, I WILL FEEL UGLY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I am going to post a picture of a new procedure I...

I am going to post a picture of a new procedure I
am having done to help reduce the scars I was left with

following the Life Style Lift I had done in 2005 In Plymouth Meeting PA>
That office moved and relocated in Voorhee's NJ

It is interesting because the procedure leaves me very very red and
you can see how horrible the original scarring was. It basically draws a line around
where the sutures were placed....it will heal in about 1 week .

I had my surgery in 2005 --The scars were treated...

I had my surgery in 2005 --The scars were treated by a tattoo artist-see the last picture that is where she ran the tattoo needle over + over the original scar to smooth it out. The results of her work were great.

before she did the procedure my scars were one inch thick raised and very very noticeable.

The worst part --8 years later--is my neck. it is a very dark mottled brown color that has been treated by laser many times. It is blood that pooled in my tissues due to the aggressive manner that this lift was preformed. no drains were placed and I received NO POST OP treatment at all.

they sent me home with a ice pack.
I drove home alone --the staff shoved me out the back door and I wondered around the parking lot looking for my car disoriented to say the least.

I will take a picture of my neck and place it in here--this picture was taken 2 weeks ago. This is a permanent brown stain on my neck that looks ugly and won't ever go away.
Dr. Ray Stoller

Laser skin resurfacing is deffinatly helpful! But make sure to look in to a small package of IPL photo-Rejuvenation to help mitigate some of the pigmentationally concerns. Best, -J
I did laser skin resurfacing on my neck --it costs a lot of money and did not work.....the pigmentation was caused by blood pooling in my neck ( drains were not placed) for my "lunch time lift" so those stains did not lift. thanks for the advice. the only thing that I did that helped was had a very gifted and talented permanent make up artist smooth down the ropey scars that were on my face--she did this with a tattoo needle and now the scars are thin lines not big fat ropes
I had laser done. The pictures were taken sometime after the treatment. The side neck scar was helped by not being raised as much as it was but I saw no difference with the large scar down the center of throat.
conned: is this about LSL?
You might also look in to PRP needling.
if you are referring to what they do with a tattoo needle I had that done as well. I posted about this on sept 10th
I was not writing to you.
ok did not know that since your comment appeared directly below my comment--its always nice if you address the person you are talking about in the message....example: conned ??
i had laser resurfacing and it left me with tons of scars. Made my skin thin. Now i needle and want to look into the prp.
sats: was it as a result of LSL? did you try and fix the damage that was done via LSL?
If you let me know where about you are, I may be able to recommend a great Dr. Or nurse for you.
To ugly scars. Yes. LSL Dr. Papsidero did laser on the scar he made down the front of my neck and the scar down the side of my neck made by Dr. Filiberto. I had a $500 coupon and paid $500 to also remove 2 sun spots (which didn't happen). It was not only very painful but of little help. I think they called it fractional laser. I incorrectly trusted these people for what should have been a one time fix of a heavy under chin which dragged on and on and ended up badly.
I had scars in the front of my ears. I hated them. After 15 yrs of it i went back to a new surgeon and he put the scars inside my ears now & i don't see them anymore. i had them all around where i couldn't wear earrings without my hair down, I went to a doctor on City Line Ave in Pa. I had had laser done and it didn't do anything for them either.
My scars were from Erbium laser resurfacing. The scars in front of my ears were from the LSL. I had 7 fraxels that didn't do anything for me. I had smoothbeam, perfecta, affirm and nothing so i had to get surgery to correct it.
LSL has so much to answer for but they get away with it.... it makes me sad to read these accounts because the same exact thing happened to me.

JJ I'm in central FL. Conned
i wish I knew why my comment was removed --could that be a courtesy that this forum could provide so I don't make the same mistake twice?
Shit happens? Really. That's what you say to people who are hurting? I too had scars in front of my ears after a LSL. I had them for years along with a scar at the end of each eye from the doctor taking fat out because I told her i had allergies & my eyes puffed up, then she said i needed a LSL for my cheeks. I was naive & said ok. After the surgery the scars were obvious. I went for other doctors for help the look of them but they said i didn't have enough skin to pull back to fix the scars so i went for laser. They even told me I shouldn't have had a LSL, that I didn't have enough loose skin cause if i did she could have pulled me back a half inch more & hid them. Living like that is hell & no one understands unless their going through the same thing. When something could have been avoided it makes me angry. I had to wait 15yrs to get a FL. I always had to wear my hair down. Scared when the wind would blow my hair back, can't wear earring that attract your eye to your ears. It changes your life & hurts your self esteem. I finally went for a FL this yr from a doctor on the main line. I live in Philly so i'm close to you. I understand your anger. Some people don't understand how it can effect you emotionally & why your angry even years later, they usually haven't had anything bad happen to them & have no clue what it's like, they tell you about others who had a bad outcome because of someones negligence & how their handling it but i'll bet if the shoe was on the other foot it would be a different story. Of course your angry that you paid money to look a bit better & came out worse than going in & having to spend more to get back to square one. I've been there. I felt so ugly no matter what i wore or how great my hair looked because I always felt like I had to hide my scars. I went to someone to talk to once & all they said to me is, What are you going to do if it's going to be there for life? I thought, Gee thanks Doc, i thought i was paying you to tell me, your another waste of money. I felt worse after seeing them. I truly feel for you. I still have scars but now their on my cheeks, I got them from a laser being too high. Let me know who your using for the laser since your in my neck of the woods & it seems your happy with the results. I know it's hard & some days it was so hard i didn't want to get out of bed. I'm glad the laser is helping you & you look pretty young so if your not completly happy later on you can get another lift by a doctor who knows what the hell their doing.
some of your words really hit home with me!! I just started wearing earring again!!! thank you for your support --some of the things you said are exactly my issue as well. they took too much skin off my face so the revisionist surgeon I visited said there was not much he could do at that time but offered to "try" for $8900. I had to decline that option. lasers did not work AT ALL for me the only thing that helped was a great women named Sandy that does scar revisions with a tattoo needle --I am not sure how she does it or why it works but she "shaved" my thick ropey scars down --they are now skinnier and she was a blessing to me!! send me a private email and I will give you her name and my highest recommendation. She works with burn victims as well. Sats stay strong you are beautiful inside--and outside
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Sorry for your freind's bad experience. Fortunately, with most facelifts, corrective surgery is usually possible and quite successful. LSL continues to be successful as a business, despite complaints and legal ups and downs . Still it all comes down to the same message. Choose your plastic surgeon carefully. Any surgery, including LSL is only as good as good as the surgeon performing it. When you have the LSL, you are assigned a surgeon rather than being given the opportunity to select one. Your friend should consult with a few surgeons who specialize in facelift revisions and she can likely be fixed.
Obviously not all doctors or facilities are equal. I had my LSL done about three years ago and have been thrilled with the results. The staff and my surgeon, Dr. Emmett, were excellent and thorough with pre-and-post operative care. I was told that i was NOT to drive myself home under any circumstances. The first three days you feel horrible and look worse, but gradually things DO improve. I looked like I'd been in a bar fight for several weeks until the swelling and bruising went away. It takes 6 months or more for all the swelling to resolve. I think some of the people here expected too much too soon. Just my opinion. No matter who does the surgery, there will be swelling and bruising.
I did not "expect" scar's that look like I was in a horrific car accident... ummm I did drive home---alone and they knew it!!! I was in severe pain for 10++ days but of course i had my "lunch time lift" done and was told I could go back to work the NEXT DAY... really? I had over 60 stitches in my face--I should not have returned to work for ten days but that is before "LSL" changed their marketing BS I was one of their early victims.... a bar fight? that leaves you with GIGANTIC scars???? please..... someone told me it looked like i had my ears sewn back on by a blind man.... and its still the same after 9 years. sames scars......UGLY!!!