Life Style Lift - Come on People, Be Realistic

I had the Life Style mini lift procedure done (3)...

I had the Life Style mini lift procedure done (3) weeks ago and everything is going well. I still have some numbness but the healing looks great and I am very pleased with the result. I elected to take addvantage of the additional procedure under the neck which had a price adder of $1,000 but got rid of the jowls affect.

I will admit that I had some trepedations after reading some of the opinions shared on this site and almost cancelled my appointment. I shared this concern with the office and they gave me several references to call. I spoke with (3) individuals that had the same procedure done by the same doctor and they were all extremely satisfied.

You need to be realistic people - just because it's an out patient procedure - you are not having a tooth filled at your dentist - their are a lot of stiches. It definitely takes about (2) weeks before you feel comfortable going out in public. There is a lot of pain for the first several days but it is manageable. The first (24) hours after surgery are the worst. I did not require pain medicine after the 3rd day.

The office I went to was very profesional and knowledgeable. They were open to questions and encouraged I return for post-op consult visits any time I had a concern. I infact went back several times to make sure things were healing correctly and that I was doing everything required to make sure the healing procedure went OK.

During my first scheulded visit a couple days after surgery they did have to aspirate and drain one side that had swelling that was not receeding as quickly as expected. I would do it over again in a heart beat.

Dr. Raymond Lee - Santa Ana, CA

Professional, caring and knowledgeable

I was thinking about getting Lifestyle lift, but after reading all the comments, I guess I will just live with the way I look. Everybody gets old.

well I am glad you did not get a lifestyle lift. I have two ugly scars on both sides of my cheeks and stitches the doctor said is not stitches in my neck coming out. I look at how beautiful I was before this butchery, and now how scars replace some of that beauty. And the pain. I have to use sleeping pills at night just to get to sleep due to horrible pain in my neck and face 24/7 365. Sheesh, and he smiled and said sorry about the stitches that are coming out and that he just used what they told him to use to stitch me up. I think he used dirty used dental floss.
Can you post your before and after pics if you are for "real?"
"You need to be realistic people - just because it's an out patient procedure - you are not having a tooth filled at your dentist - their are a lot of stiches. " Let me just say that perhaps it wouldn't have shocked the hell out of me if my doctor had told me the TRUTH instead of the tall tale....like I would be getting a "few shots" like going to the dentist. When they hit me with more than a dozen shots and then started cutting all around my ear when he said it was going to be "two small incisions" in "front of my ears" I might have been okay as well. I guess YOU weren't lied to.
well I am so sorry too, for the people who had horrible experiences. mine wasn't perfect, but it has been 6 months and mine keeps getting better not worse. they pulled the skin up and cut it off, I don't think it can come back as bad as it was before, not in 6 months.That being said, I would not do the lifestyle lift , if I had it to do over I would have spent the extra $ and went for the actual facelift.I thought I ws doing the safe thing, going this route, I think I was wrong,I am still a little numb around my ears, but it is getting less all the time.I do feel very sad for all the people who had bad results, I wish I had something to say to help them.
I had mine over 15 months ago and there are nights where I want to pull my face off from the itching over the scar tissue.
Hi Bill, I had my facelift in late October by an Austin dr. that I trusted who was not with LSL). I still feel some numbness in my neck, but I've never experienced any itching. But I'm sure the itching will pass.
I was told of the incisions around the ear during the interview - sounded very logical and quite honestly healed great - they did have to redo one of the areas behind one ear a couple of days after the procdeure but other than that they healed fine. However, I sure wish I new when the itching would stop .........
Hi Bill, I know several women who are 1-2 yrs post op& their main complaint besides the scarring, is intense itching. I'm not saying you will have it for a year or more, I am saying they have had it a year or more. I hope this is not the case for you. Have you asked why you have the itching? There are many plastic surgeons here on Realself that you can ask, as a second opinion. I've heard warm soaks, then cold soaks to the area alleviate some of that; if just for awhile. Good Luck!
Mr. Bill...has your itching stopped? Have the Drs given you any answers on that...mine has been 1.5 yrs and it drives me crazy...I see an ENT next week....
Yea, I wish I found Realself before I had mine done. Never would I have done a LSL w/ the incisions placed around the ears. There is not one comment from them where they place their incisons, except an interview by The founder claiming the incisions are very small in the ear...
Oh they said, it turned out to be way more than they said. It's even in print what they do, per an interview with the founder...
Know one has said WHAT they do to you when they perform the surgery?
Another LSL employee plant?
Must be another LSL employee. Talk about hating, she sounds like she hates for us voicing our problems created by LSL
HI Bill, Thanks for answering. It sounds like your surgeon is conscientious about doing a good job. My situation is unusual in that I initially only went to Austin for a month to help take care of my aging father--I had intended to wait until I returned to PA to have surgery. But then I heard about this plastic surgeon that med. professionals raved about and it turns out that, unlike PA surgeons who have to work around a hospital surgery schedule (waiting time 2-3 months), he had his own surgical facility and thus could rearrange his schedule to accomodate patients like me who came along out of the blue and had time/airline constrictions. So I don't know when I'll see him again, but he was upfront with me about the problems that could occur with long-distance surgery. But I'm SO GLAD I had it done in Austin--if I'd waited until I returned to PA, I'd probably still be on the waiting list for a surgery room. I wanted my face to be fully healed before my son's wedding this June, and it might not have been had I not had the surgery in Austin.
Truecolors, Yes my surgery was by LifeStyle Lift So far I am preogressing OK - just ent back for a 60 day review and I havea couple of pockets around the stiching under my chin that will need additional attention - the doctor has recommended they address those (liposuction) after six months has passed and hopefully all the numbness etc. has dissipated. Thanks _______ BILL
PS to Mr. Bill: I had to have a couple of spots aspirated following surgery, too, and it was really helpful--believe me, I KNOW--because I had to leave Austin and fly home to PA before the doctor could aspirate this one last spot on my cheek a 3rd time--and, just like he warned me, it took MONTHS for that one spot (which turned into a big lump/bruise) to heal.
Whew!
LOL! MY, MY!!! Here goes another one...It's the way things are said and worded. Maybe you need to go back and read from beginning. Thank you for your input. Another one bites the dust. This will be my last comment here since comprehension is not many people's forte. Good luck to all in whatever you do and God bless!
"REally" Maybe "REallly you are really a LSL employee" If not, then let's see YOUR PICS. yeah, that's what I thought.
"Really" are you for real? Pollyanna REally....you must work for LSL. Our whole point is preventing anyone from doing what we did...falling for a scam.
Really, I hope you return to read this. When people have a positive response to a procedure they tend to go on and not dwell on it. However, if the outcome is not so good you tend to look for answers and support via the internet. I hope everyone reads this. I'm am really happy for you, I do have a consult today and am keeping an open mind.
My, My REALLY -- Really what is your point? I don't think she - ADA - is wishing her negative outcome on anyone. I think the point she is trying to make is that the LSL lasts a little while (say 6 months) and then everything sags back to where it was in the beginning. Since 60% of us have had bad results, I think she is trying to warn anyone and everyone that will listen not to do this to themselves. I hope Mr. Bill's outcome of the lift lasts also -- because I would not wish a LSL on my worst enemy. Best, Chrystal