So Happy...Great Experience - Lexington, KY

I'm a 37 yr old mother of 3 children...and...

I'm a 37 yr old mother of 3 children...and it's high time I did something for myself :) Before deciding on the office I chose, I met with several different doctors in the area. Each physician seemed very knowledgeable; however my end decision was all based on who made me feel the most comfortable. When I met with my doctor, I had come in for a consultation on neck/chin liposuction. He thought I would be an excellent candidate who could anticipate an 80 - 100% difference...although he suggested I consider an prejowl implant. He explained that this was the 'poor man's' face lift when the procedures where performed together...and within a very brief yet detailed meeting, I left feeling like this man knew more about what I wanted than I did. I called that afternoon and booked my surgery for 8/12/11.

I was really nervous the day of the surgery...I almost passed out in the pre-op room but my nurse was awesome. She talked me through it all and brought me back to a sense of calm before moving forward. I was given an IV and the sleep meds were administered in the physician's OR. The next thing I knew, I was sitting up in the recovery room being bandaged. The nurse stayed with me till I was able to walk comfortably. All in all, the staff was fantastic and the experience was painless.

I came home and rested comfortably for a few days before resuming normal duties with the kids and the house. I'm still sleeping at a slight incline. I'm completely finished with pain meds...but I'm still taking the Bromelain and Arnica for bruising and swelling. (Keeping in mind that my bruising was only noticeable on a small area to the left side of the chin. I'm still swollen (but I notice that more than anyone else). I still don't have much feeling in my lip or chin; however I know this will return as my body heals.

I cannot tell you enough what a difference this has made in my appearance and confidence. My double chin is gone!!! Totally gone!!! My 'slightly weak' chin is 'slightly weak' no longer :) My husband and my family all talk about what a positive change it has been.

Considering that I still have swelling and I'm already happy I can only look forward to what this will look like once the swelling goes down. Only improvements ahead!!!

I will post pictures as soon as I get my befores from the doc.

Welcome to RealSelf, beccad, and thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck with the rest of your recovery and please keep us updated!

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

First I must say that Dr. Waldam specializes in Facial plastic surgery...He is the best at what he does. Waldman and Schantz Plastic Surgery is a very professional yet comfortable practice. They truly care about you and a person not jut a patient. The staff is very friendly and real. During my initial consultation, I mentioned that I was coming back to meet with Dr. Schantz for a tummy tuck consult...Dr. Walmand stands up sayting that there's no need for me to make another trip as he just saw him in the hall and he must be between surgeries. Dr. Schantz took time out of his busy day to meet with me right then and there. They are a fantastic group. I cannot recommend this practice enough. I'm looking forward to my tummy tuck with Dr. Schantz this winter!!!