425cc Breast Augmentation - Alberta, AB

I have been considering a breast augmentation for...

I have been considering a breast augmentation for six years. I had my first consultation when I was 18 years old. After meeting with a few doctors I decided it wasn't the right time to go through with the surgery. Six years later I have graduated college and got married in April and I still think about under going a breast augmentation almost daily. I am 5'10 and about 130lbs, and I feel like my top half isn't very proportionate with my hips which makes it difficult to buy clothes that look flattering because I have to go up a size to get it to be long enough and then it's always big in the chest. And I'm sick of buying Victoria secret boob job bras that are expensive and uncomfortable.

I finally feel like this is the right time for me to do this for myself after 6 years of hoping maybe I'll just end up "naturally blessed". I also think this would be a good idea to have done now since I do plan on having children in about 5 years. Does anyone have any feedback on getting a BA before having children?

I have my first consultation with Dr. John Hasell on July 21. I originally had planned on going with Dr. Hien, but I believe he is retiring and no longer taking new patients. I'm excited to meet Dr. Hasell though, I really really like what I've seen of his work and Peggy was very helpful and accommodating over the phone. Does anyone who went with Dr. Hasell know how long it usually takes to get in for surgery after the consultation? Or any feedback on him in general?

I'm excited to start getting this process in motion and ask Dr. Hasell what he thinks would be the best option for me regarding size, incision, and type of implant because right now I'm at a loss with what is the "best option" I'm thinking around 400cc silicone implant with an areola incision but I will definitely ask the doctor what he thinks since I've only decided this from looking at before and after photos on here.

So far I've only told a friend, my husband and my mom about the surgery, I'm having a really hard time deciding if I should tell my mother in-law though. I'm scared that if she notices the difference her feelings will be hurt that I kept it from her, but I also don't want anyone to look at me and think "she has fake boobs"...any advice with this?

Thanks for reading, I will update after my consultation in 25 days.

Helpful Breast Augmentation Link

I came across this link with a ton of breast augmentation information. It really helped me answer a few questions I had.

Consultation

So I finally had my consultation today with Dr. Hasell. It went amazing. I was so nerves before I don't even want to think about how I'll be on the actual day of the surgery, but Dr. Hasell made me feel so comfortable and relaxed about everything.

We decided on the Mentor Smooth Round Cohesive Gel implant. I'm getting 400cc in the right breast and 375cc in the left. He said that I could go bigger but I wouldn't be able to correct the difference in breast size because anything above 400cc can only go up by 50cc. So I ended up sticking with our original decision on size under the muscle with a crease incision. I showed him a few pictures of "wants" and he said the look I'm hoping to achieve is very attainable which made me feel really good. And what made me feel even better was that he sat through me showing him pictures of boobs that scared me and be explained why they looked the way they did. I feel like he really knows what he's doing.

I have to call tomorrow to get my surgery date. He said that the wait is about eight weeks, which would be around the end of September which is exactly when I was hoping to get it done so that I will be able to wear scarfs and hopefully they'll be dropped and fluffed in time for my vacation in June\July.

I also wanted to mention that all of the staff were very pleasant and professional, including Peggy. I think that's everything, but if I remember anything I'll be sure to update.

It's official!!

So I called this morning and Peggy scheduled my surgery for September 12th! Any tips for prepping for the surgery?!

The one thing I meant to add that made me feel a lot better about the surgery was I had a tonsillectomy two years ago and Dr. Hasell told me that if I made it through that okay at my age this surgery would be a breeze! So I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm planning to book ten days off work so hopefully I will be okay to go back to my desk job refreshed.

Pre-boobie Blues?

So on Tuesday I will be one month away from surgery! I received my package in the mail from the surgeon explaining all of the dos and do nots before and after surgery and now all that's left is my final payment which is due in two weeks tomorrow!

I'm starting to get really really nervous. I'm not sure why, but some days I'll be super excited and then other days I feel like throwing up thinking about the surgery...is this normal? I've been really worried about the pain afterwards...I guess my only surgery was a tonsillectomy which was very painful so I have nothing else to go by...

Sorry for the negativity ladies...just feeling really anxious right now :(

One step closer...

Well I paid for my surgery in full today. I feel super excited that I'm one step closer to having something I've been wanting for so long. It's getting really real that in three weeks I'll finally have boobs!

I must admit that I did feel a little sad though, my husband and I have worked so hard to save and I just emptied out over half of our savings account for this...so I really really hope it's worth it. I'm so blessed to have such a supportive husband.

I'm having such a pain finding a bra to wear after the surgery. I guess the first day I'll be taped up and then the next day I can shower and then I have to wear a sports bra...but I can't find any that do up in the front and I'm terrified that it will hurt to bad trying to get a normal sports bra on. I was thinking I could get one of the spandex ones that are super stretchy and just slip it on over my hips and up (with help from the hubby) but I'm scared if it's to stretchy it won't be as supportive as it should be. I'm going to the states on Friday so fingers crossed I find something there! Any recommendations of brands to look at?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far :)

2 Weeks

Two weeks this Friday until the surgery! I paid for everything in full before my vacation so now it's just the waiting game. I'm so relieved that I found three sports bras that do up on the front when I was in the states this week on vacation. That was pretty much the only thing I was worried about getting because I looked EVERYWHERE here and could find anything.

I'm not really sure what else I should be getting ready now...I should probably grab so frozen peas, but from there I have no idea what else.

When I think about it I start feeling nauseous and super nervous so I've been trying to not think about the surgery.

Surgery is this week!!

I cannot even believe that my surgery is this week! I honestly didn't think the day would ever come. I'm so so so excited about it, but as I creep closer and closer I become more and more afraid of the surgery. I'm scared about going under and I'm scared about the pain :( hopefully everything goes smooth..,I'm quite healthy so I cannot see any going wrong, but it's still terrifying. Trying to stay calm though!

Four more sleeps...

On the otherside

Just wanted to update that I'm officially on the other side. My surgery went great. I'm in a little bit of discomfort mostly just when I take I deep breath, but I'll just keep up on meds and not try to be a hero.

I'll update tomorrow :) hope everyone is doing great.

Day one post op

So far loving my results. A little sore but manageable for sure. The side he put the bigger implant in looks a little bigger but I think it is just a little more swollen right now.

Not positive of what sizes he put in get, I'm assuming somewhere between 400-450. They seem huge right now but I think they'll shrink a little after the swelling goes down.

Day two post op

Well today has been a little bit rough to start. I'm loving the boobs so far, they look amazing even though they are super high and hard. But I'm so emotional I don't know what's wrong with me. I just sat there crying this morning for no reason. I'm just sore and I have a little bit of a cold I think. I woke up this morning with a terrible migraine which has been the worst part of my day, I think it may be from sleeping on my back on the couch for two days. I think im going to try to decrease my medication today from two every four hours to one every four hours.

Also was anyone else told not to massage? My doctor said that we doesn't get his patients to massage for wear the band. I thought this was a little weird...

Day three post op

Well I think the worst has almost passed hopefully. Honestly the pain from the surgery hasn't been as terrible as I expected. But yesterday my wisdom tooth decided it was a great time to start coming through so I ended up with a migraine for over 24 hours which was the worst pain out of everything.

I'm hoping to get off the meds today and hopefully switch to something else, my belly is super swollen :(

The incisions look really bruised so far so that explains the discomfort I'm having from the bra.

My left boob feels tighter and a little more sore and swollen, I'm assuming this is just because it has the bigger implant.

I'll update tomorrow.

Happy healing!

Day Four

Things were much better today. I'm finally off of medication. I only took two Tylenol and a motrin today so I'm really proud of myself.

I went for a small walk yesterday and today, which was really nice to get out of the house.

A picture from day two

One week boobiversary!

its so crazy that one week ago I was in my hospital bed getting ready to go into surgery! Here is a photo of my before compared to one week.

I'm still going through the emotions of getting use to my new body. I haven't taken anything for pain since day five and haven't taken my prescription drugs since day four I believe. As of one week I'm not feeling any real pain, just some aches here and there, and a little bit of tightness usually when I wake up or try and push myself a little to much (going for to long of a walk, or reaching for something).

My belly has been giving me a little bit of an issue because of the medication, but I think I just need to stay on top of drying water because I may be a little dehydrated.

My boobs change every single day which is a little emotionally draining because I just want them to be normal right now, butttttt pactience I guess right?

Sleeping has been my downfall for sure. I was a serious side/stomach sleeper so this whole sleeping sitting up on my back thing is really hard. I've only slept in my bed once and it was when I was still on medication so I think that helped settle me down, but I honestly I haven't been able to again. I'm super restless when I try sleeping in my bed and keep adjusting for hours until I finally just move to the couch. I miss sleeping with my husband and puppy though :(

Sorry this is getting long but one last point. I don't know how you moms do it not picking up your babies because we just got a puppy three weeks ago and it's just really really hard not picking him up and cuddle him :( so props to you moms.

Slowly figuring out what I need to donate

Day 10 Post-Op

Well today is a big day in two ways. Firstly, it is my first day back at work! I've been dreading today, but so far it's going good! And secondly, I can take my sutures out tonight, which I'm thrilled about because they tape is starting to drive me CRAZY!

I'm feeling really good at this point. Not pain at all (not that I really felt much pain before, mostly just tightness and a little discomfort). The only issue I'm having at this point is my sternum is a little sore and feels like there is some swelling still so I think I'll try just icing it when I get home. Has anyone else experienced this?
I actually often forget I even had surgery until I go to lift my arms (I'm not supposed to lift my elbows above my shoulders until Friday) or go to lift something, then it clicks oops don't do that!

My husband and I went for a little ice cream date on Saturday, which was really nice to get out of the house and last night was my first actual night out, which went really well. We went to dinner and a show and my only discomfort was a little bit of a sore back.

Hope everyone is having a great recovery :)

Day 11 Post-op

Still feeling good. My first day back at work yesterday went way better than I was expecting, although today I am feeling VERY tired.

Last night I was allowed to take out my sutures. I attached some pictures of my scars so far. They look pretty good, but feel really hard and gross. I was also confused because I could've swore he said that there would be something to pull out but there is nothing there so I'm hoping that everything just dissolved? I might call today and just make sure everything is okay. I can't even explain how good it feel so have the tape off!!

I'm supposed to see my doctor at 6 weeks for the first time post op, but he will be on holidays so unfortunately I will not be able to see him until 9 weeks post op, which fingers crossed everything continues to heal normal.

Happy healing :)

Scar at 10 days post op

Day 16

well I'm over two weeks post-op now. I saw in my post-op package that I only had to wear a sports bra for the first two weeks, so o went to Victoria's Secret and got a non-padded or wire bra so I can wear some of my dresses without a sports bra hanging out. She sized me at 32 DDD, but they didn't have anything in my size so I went with a 32 DD, never thought I'd see that on the tag of one of my bras that's for sure. But I must admit that it is not comfortable to wear a bra yet. I wore it for a couple hours today, but it irritated my incisions so I was relieved to put my sports bra back on. I just feel like I'm not getting enough support with the sports bras :(

At this point I barely have any discomfort at all and often forget I had surgery two weeks ago. I've had a really great recovery so far I'm so blessed. I was so so so so scared for my recovery so thankfully it's been going smooth.

Happy healing!

Yesterday

Here is a picture of the boobies in the bra. They are dropping so well, I'm so in love.

Three Weeks

Not much to say right now, my incisions are looking much better now and my boobs are getting softer by the day.

I tried my favorite bathing suit on today from before and it doesn't fit at allllllll!

Sleeping is waaaaay easier now and I haven't had morning boob in days which is great.

Happy healing everyone!

Five Weeks Post Op

Hello real self!
I figured I would do a quick update now that the boobies are over a month old!

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to me doing this yet, but I have been sleeping on my side for the last week. I have no discomfort or anything so I figured why not...plus my surgeon actually didn't even mention sleeping on my back to me elevated so begin with, it just felt right to do so I don't think side sleeping is an issue.

They get softer and softer every single day. My right seems a little softer and seems to be dropping a little more than my left (my left has the bigger implant).

I haven't noticed any stretch marks yet, which makes me sooooo happy because I know I'm prone to them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they stay away!!

I feel pretty much back to normal at this point. They only thing I wouldn't do is probably the gym, it just feels weird still when I do anything to make the chest muscle work to hard.

I haven't had morning boob or any kind of discomfort in weeks, and I've actually start to forget I even have them a lot of the time.

I don't think anyone who doesn't know about my surgery has noticed anything different. I don't wear very revealing clothing so they're pretty under the radar. Even people who see me all the time like my sister inlaw haven't mentioned anything. It's kind of funny because on two different occasions someone has mentioned fake boobs in a conversation around me and all I can do is giggle to myself because they have no idea that I have fake boobs lol...silly I know!

I did want to mention one thing though. If you have read my recovery story you will know I had a very easy physical recovery. But I did want to mention to you that this surgery has been at some points emotionally draining. There have been lots of tears shed from me and my husband, and he is just finally starting to feel comfortable with the change. He found it really hard to see me down after the surgery and then to go from having a wife with no boobs to having a wife with boobs was a big change for him. He was struggling because he felt like I did this because he didn't show me how much he loved me or how beautiful I was before, which is 100% not true and I had been planning this long before I even knew him. Even he knew it wasn't a logical way to think, but I completely understand how he could feel such a way. Just now in week five we are finally starting to get back to our normal relationship. My husband use to constantly grope me and seemed so attracted to me and over the past month that changed, but finally this week he has started to go back to how he was before. I think he was mostly scared it would hurt me. It's been a tough month emotionally, but we are finally getting there.

I just wanted to share my honest story with you ladies. Because it may seem like I've had the perfect recovery, but to be honest there has been some hurt along the way to happiness as well. So make sure you and your partner are on the same page before you do this. I think I was so wrapped up with how much I wanted this I forgot to see how my husband was feeling through it all.

2 Months

Hello ladies!! I just wanted to give a quick update. I'm just two days from my two months mark. I'm doing great still, aside from the boob greed. The struggle is real ladies! Always go bigger! As much as I wish they were a little bigger, I'm so overjoyed with how they've turned out so far and I can't complain.

The only issue I've been having so far is that someone of my stitches feel like they may not of dissolved all of the way so it's causing a little bit of irritation where my insicions on both sides. It's weird because they look completely fine, but when I run my fingers along them I can feel the sharpness of the stitches under my skin, so I'm hoping he can fix this when I finally see him on Monday. I'm not looking forward to the drive to Lethbridge on Monday though because we got a bunch of snow and it's quite cold, which has resaulted in super icy roads so I'm hoping that it clears up a bit.

They are dropping really really nicely and getting so squishy. I feel like I can pretty much do anything now and am pretty much 100% back to normal. This has been a really easy process for me thankfully, aside from a little boob greed here and there and some stubborn stitches.

I really hope you are all doing wonderful! Let me know if you have any questions! Happy healing ladies!

The struggle is real...

I never in a million years thought I would be having boob greed...but here I am at two month wishing I went bigger :'( I love them don't get me wrong...but I really wish I went bigger...but I know I wouldn't of been able to fix the size difference which was my biggest concern anyways.

Im really excited for Monday to have these stitches dealt with.

Things with the hubby have been back to normal, no more awkwardness which has been amazing.

So other than the stitches and the greed things have been great :)

The photos are from a few weeks ago so I think the were till a little swollen.

Post Op

So I finally had my post op today. He said he doesn't need to see me again unless something doesn't feel right, so no more long drives to where my doctor is! Yay!! I talked to him about the stitches and he had a look and let me know that it's perfectly fine and that they will dissolve eventually, but it can take three months, so I just have to be patient. I got my boob greed under control now that I saw my before and after pictures at office today. Its soooo crazy to see where I started...and it was a really good wake up call. He also said that I could have mammograms, which made me feel a lot better.
Happy healing everyone!

375/425 CC

One more thing I meant to mention was that he let me know that last minute he switched the implant size on the one that was smaller and ended up putting in a 425. So I have 425 in my left and 375 in the right moderate profile.

10 1/2 Weeks Post-Op

So I'm ten and a half weeks post op now and not much has changed. They are softer and softer every single day and are starting to drop more and more. They are starting to get a little bit of that slope look from the side, not not looking like a bubble on top anymore which makes me little more comfortable!

I went bra shopping yesterday because I need to get a nude bra and the women measured me at a 32 DD so I'm thinking that will probably be what I end up being...which is crazy because I still don't feel like they are THAT big.

All in all I'm still super happy and loving them and excited to see what they look like 10 weeks from now!

Attached is a photo at 10 weeks :)

10 1/2 Weeks Postop

Sorry ladies here is the photo mentioned in my previous post...had to reload because the first one showed my tattoo :)

Before and After

I wasn't going to post this picture for two reasons: a) I wasn't going to post anything completely naked because I was super uncomfortable with my naked breasts online, but I really think that being able to see everything makes a big difference. And b) my after photos really don't do justice for how great my doctor did. I was standing and holding my arms up uneven when makes them look a little uneven, which they 100% are not. They look super super round in the photo because my arms are up higher, and I think because I didn't have much tissue before it makes them look quite round on the bottom. Either way I wasn't going to share these, but I really really hope it helps someone on here struggling with size and what not.

Happy healing!!