24 Years Old-400cc Breast Augmentation - Alberta, AB

I have been considering a breast augmentation for...

I have been considering a breast augmentation for six years. I had my first consultation when I was 18 years old. After meeting with a few doctors I decided it wasn't the right time to go through with the surgery. Six years later I have graduated college and got married in April and I still think about under going a breast augmentation almost daily. I am 5'10 and about 130lbs, and I feel like my top half isn't very proportionate with my hips which makes it difficult to buy clothes that look flattering because I have to go up a size to get it to be long enough and then it's always big in the chest. And I'm sick of buying Victoria secret boob job bras that are expensive and uncomfortable.

I finally feel like this is the right time for me to do this for myself after 6 years of hoping maybe I'll just end up "naturally blessed". I also think this would be a good idea to have done now since I do plan on having children in about 5 years. Does anyone have any feedback on getting a BA before having children?

I have my first consultation with Dr. John Hasell on July 21. I originally had planned on going with Dr. Hien, but I believe he is retiring and no longer taking new patients. I'm excited to meet Dr. Hasell though, I really really like what I've seen of his work and Peggy was very helpful and accommodating over the phone. Does anyone who went with Dr. Hasell know how long it usually takes to get in for surgery after the consultation? Or any feedback on him in general?

I'm excited to start getting this process in motion and ask Dr. Hasell what he thinks would be the best option for me regarding size, incision, and type of implant because right now I'm at a loss with what is the "best option" I'm thinking around 400cc silicone implant with an areola incision but I will definitely ask the doctor what he thinks since I've only decided this from looking at before and after photos on here.

So far I've only told a friend, my husband and my mom about the surgery, I'm having a really hard time deciding if I should tell my mother in-law though. I'm scared that if she notices the difference her feelings will be hurt that I kept it from her, but I also don't want anyone to look at me and think "she has fake boobs"...any advice with this?

Thanks for reading, I will update after my consultation in 25 days.

Helpful Breast Augmentation Link

I came across this link with a ton of breast augmentation information. It really helped me answer a few questions I had.

Consultation

So I finally had my consultation today with Dr. Hasell. It went amazing. I was so nerves before I don't even want to think about how I'll be on the actual day of the surgery, but Dr. Hasell made me feel so comfortable and relaxed about everything.

We decided on the Mentor Smooth Round Cohesive Gel implant. I'm getting 400cc in the right breast and 375cc in the left. He said that I could go bigger but I wouldn't be able to correct the difference in breast size because anything above 400cc can only go up by 50cc. So I ended up sticking with our original decision on size under the muscle with a crease incision. I showed him a few pictures of "wants" and he said the look I'm hoping to achieve is very attainable which made me feel really good. And what made me feel even better was that he sat through me showing him pictures of boobs that scared me and be explained why they looked the way they did. I feel like he really knows what he's doing.

I have to call tomorrow to get my surgery date. He said that the wait is about eight weeks, which would be around the end of September which is exactly when I was hoping to get it done so that I will be able to wear scarfs and hopefully they'll be dropped and fluffed in time for my vacation in June\July.

I also wanted to mention that all of the staff were very pleasant and professional, including Peggy. I think that's everything, but if I remember anything I'll be sure to update.

It's official!!

So I called this morning and Peggy scheduled my surgery for September 12th! Any tips for prepping for the surgery?!

The one thing I meant to add that made me feel a lot better about the surgery was I had a tonsillectomy two years ago and Dr. Hasell told me that if I made it through that okay at my age this surgery would be a breeze! So I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm planning to book ten days off work so hopefully I will be okay to go back to my desk job refreshed.
Alberta Plastic Surgeon

Hi there, I just booked a consultation for breast augmentation on May 4,2015..Yes it far away from now, but was that the same for you? Long wait list for consultation and then 3-4 months later to book surgery?
Sorry, i've should of mention that I booked it with Dr.Hasell as well haha!
Hi there! Regarding your size range (400 + only going up in 50 cc increments) my doc told me the same for Mentor BUT then I see women that post some odd ball number ccs on here like 533 and 572. I don't understand how that is possible? Checked the Mentor website and their product guide indicates 25 cc increments between 400 and 500 ccs. See here: http://www.mentorwwllc.com/pdf/Product_Ref_Guide.pdf. Maybe not all docs stock all larger sizes though? That might be why? Who knows. My BA is 5 days away and I have prepped like a crazy woman for the last two weeks - check out my profile fr tips :)
I noticed that when I checked their website guide too!! It confused me so much! I'm going to call him again tomorrow and ask because I'm scared 400 will be to small :( I'm going to go over and read your review now!
Definitely let me know what he says! :)
Oh my. You are getting the same type of implants I plan to.. Your consultation 2 days before mine both waited 3 months and your surgery is a day before my birthday. I'm getting this done as a birthday present. Lol I will most likely have to get the same size as you! If after 400cc it goes up by 50cc. Strange.. I'm so excite for you! We're on pretty much the exact same journey. But I am getting rhinoplasty as well.
We will have to keep in touch since we are boobie twins hahahaha! Let me know if your doctor only offers 50cc increases above 400cc because if I could do 450 I think id be the most happy! But id rather lose a little some cc's and have even boobs than go bigger and have the lopsided? Do you think that makes sense?
Yes defiantly. I would also prefer a nice even set than two big uneven ones.. How much is 50 cc equivalent to. Maybe if I'm lucky mine are uneven by just that much so I can go above 400 and be even!
Here's hoping! That would be perfect! I think 50cc is about four 4 tablespoons...but I'm not 100% sure.
Hi! Congrats on scheduling your surgery. I just told my mother-in-law this past week and I was nervous too. Ultimately, though, I'm so flat that there's no way she wouldn't notice. My in-laws live at the beach and I'm often in my bathing suit when I see them in the summer. She was talking about having to get her shoulders replaced so it was kind of a natural segue into the conversation. My situation is slightly different in that, post-nursing, my breasts completely deflated and my nipple area in particular drives me crazy! I explained this to her and she seemed really supportive. My husband has to go away for business five days after my surgery and she even said she would come over to help out if I needed it. Good luck with the conversation and with your surgery! :)
Thank you so much for all your encouraging words! I'm glad that your mother-inlaw handled it well and offered to help out! Now that I actually have my surgery date and know all the details I'm going to talk to her about it. I almost did it on Sunday but then I chickened out and decided I wasn't going to tell her at all...but after thinking about it I think I have to tell her and I wouldn't want her feelings to be hurt if she found out I hit it from her. Like you, my inlaws own a lake house so I spend a majority of the summer in a swim suit around them so I'm quite sure that they'll notice. I'm sure she will understand if I just explain how insecure I am about my body (which I've expresses in the past) and let her know I'm telling her because I love her. Thanks again for the support! It means a lot to me!
Hey there! Sounds like you are doing your research! Let us know how your consults go and what u decide on. Good luck with everything.
Thank you so much for the support!
Sounds like you've really thought through the idea of getting breast augmentation and you're ready to move forward. Here is an important list of questions to ask your doctor during your consult. Be sure to comment on other women's reviews so they can easily find you to offer you advice regarding breast implants, pregnancy and children. From what I've seen, most women with implants are fine with pregnancy, etc. Let us know how things go with your mother-in-law...that's a tough one. ;) Can't wait for your next update!
Thank you so much for your comment! I'll keep updated with my progress!
Looking forward to your progress!