24 Years Old-400cc Breast Augmentation - Alberta, AB

I have been considering a breast augmentation for...

I have been considering a breast augmentation for six years. I had my first consultation when I was 18 years old. After meeting with a few doctors I decided it wasn't the right time to go through with the surgery. Six years later I have graduated college and got married in April and I still think about under going a breast augmentation almost daily. I am 5'10 and about 130lbs, and I feel like my top half isn't very proportionate with my hips which makes it difficult to buy clothes that look flattering because I have to go up a size to get it to be long enough and then it's always big in the chest. And I'm sick of buying Victoria secret boob job bras that are expensive and uncomfortable.

I finally feel like this is the right time for me to do this for myself after 6 years of hoping maybe I'll just end up "naturally blessed". I also think this would be a good idea to have done now since I do plan on having children in about 5 years. Does anyone have any feedback on getting a BA before having children?

I have my first consultation with Dr. John Hasell on July 21. I originally had planned on going with Dr. Hien, but I believe he is retiring and no longer taking new patients. I'm excited to meet Dr. Hasell though, I really really like what I've seen of his work and Peggy was very helpful and accommodating over the phone. Does anyone who went with Dr. Hasell know how long it usually takes to get in for surgery after the consultation? Or any feedback on him in general?

I'm excited to start getting this process in motion and ask Dr. Hasell what he thinks would be the best option for me regarding size, incision, and type of implant because right now I'm at a loss with what is the "best option" I'm thinking around 400cc silicone implant with an areola incision but I will definitely ask the doctor what he thinks since I've only decided this from looking at before and after photos on here.

So far I've only told a friend, my husband and my mom about the surgery, I'm having a really hard time deciding if I should tell my mother in-law though. I'm scared that if she notices the difference her feelings will be hurt that I kept it from her, but I also don't want anyone to look at me and think "she has fake boobs"...any advice with this?

Thanks for reading, I will update after my consultation in 25 days.

Helpful Breast Augmentation Link

I came across this link with a ton of breast augmentation information. It really helped me answer a few questions I had.

Consultation

So I finally had my consultation today with Dr. Hasell. It went amazing. I was so nerves before I don't even want to think about how I'll be on the actual day of the surgery, but Dr. Hasell made me feel so comfortable and relaxed about everything.

We decided on the Mentor Smooth Round Cohesive Gel implant. I'm getting 400cc in the right breast and 375cc in the left. He said that I could go bigger but I wouldn't be able to correct the difference in breast size because anything above 400cc can only go up by 50cc. So I ended up sticking with our original decision on size under the muscle with a crease incision. I showed him a few pictures of "wants" and he said the look I'm hoping to achieve is very attainable which made me feel really good. And what made me feel even better was that he sat through me showing him pictures of boobs that scared me and be explained why they looked the way they did. I feel like he really knows what he's doing.

I have to call tomorrow to get my surgery date. He said that the wait is about eight weeks, which would be around the end of September which is exactly when I was hoping to get it done so that I will be able to wear scarfs and hopefully they'll be dropped and fluffed in time for my vacation in June\July.

I also wanted to mention that all of the staff were very pleasant and professional, including Peggy. I think that's everything, but if I remember anything I'll be sure to update.

It's official!!

So I called this morning and Peggy scheduled my surgery for September 12th! Any tips for prepping for the surgery?!

The one thing I meant to add that made me feel a lot better about the surgery was I had a tonsillectomy two years ago and Dr. Hasell told me that if I made it through that okay at my age this surgery would be a breeze! So I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm planning to book ten days off work so hopefully I will be okay to go back to my desk job refreshed.

Pre-boobie Blues?

So on Tuesday I will be one month away from surgery! I received my package in the mail from the surgeon explaining all of the dos and do nots before and after surgery and now all that's left is my final payment which is due in two weeks tomorrow!

I'm starting to get really really nervous. I'm not sure why, but some days I'll be super excited and then other days I feel like throwing up thinking about the surgery...is this normal? I've been really worried about the pain afterwards...I guess my only surgery was a tonsillectomy which was very painful so I have nothing else to go by...

Sorry for the negativity ladies...just feeling really anxious right now :(

One step closer...

Well I paid for my surgery in full today. I feel super excited that I'm one step closer to having something I've been wanting for so long. It's getting really real that in three weeks I'll finally have boobs!

I must admit that I did feel a little sad though, my husband and I have worked so hard to save and I just emptied out over half of our savings account for this...so I really really hope it's worth it. I'm so blessed to have such a supportive husband.

I'm having such a pain finding a bra to wear after the surgery. I guess the first day I'll be taped up and then the next day I can shower and then I have to wear a sports bra...but I can't find any that do up in the front and I'm terrified that it will hurt to bad trying to get a normal sports bra on. I was thinking I could get one of the spandex ones that are super stretchy and just slip it on over my hips and up (with help from the hubby) but I'm scared if it's to stretchy it won't be as supportive as it should be. I'm going to the states on Friday so fingers crossed I find something there! Any recommendations of brands to look at?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far :)

2 Weeks

Two weeks this Friday until the surgery! I paid for everything in full before my vacation so now it's just the waiting game. I'm so relieved that I found three sports bras that do up on the front when I was in the states this week on vacation. That was pretty much the only thing I was worried about getting because I looked EVERYWHERE here and could find anything.

I'm not really sure what else I should be getting ready now...I should probably grab so frozen peas, but from there I have no idea what else.

When I think about it I start feeling nauseous and super nervous so I've been trying to not think about the surgery.

Surgery is this week!!

I cannot even believe that my surgery is this week! I honestly didn't think the day would ever come. I'm so so so excited about it, but as I creep closer and closer I become more and more afraid of the surgery. I'm scared about going under and I'm scared about the pain :( hopefully everything goes smooth..,I'm quite healthy so I cannot see any going wrong, but it's still terrifying. Trying to stay calm though!

Four more sleeps...

On the otherside

Just wanted to update that I'm officially on the other side. My surgery went great. I'm in a little bit of discomfort mostly just when I take I deep breath, but I'll just keep up on meds and not try to be a hero.

I'll update tomorrow :) hope everyone is doing great.

Day one post op

So far loving my results. A little sore but manageable for sure. The side he put the bigger implant in looks a little bigger but I think it is just a little more swollen right now.

Not positive of what sizes he put in get, I'm assuming somewhere between 400-450. They seem huge right now but I think they'll shrink a little after the swelling goes down.

Day two post op

Well today has been a little bit rough to start. I'm loving the boobs so far, they look amazing even though they are super high and hard. But I'm so emotional I don't know what's wrong with me. I just sat there crying this morning for no reason. I'm just sore and I have a little bit of a cold I think. I woke up this morning with a terrible migraine which has been the worst part of my day, I think it may be from sleeping on my back on the couch for two days. I think im going to try to decrease my medication today from two every four hours to one every four hours.

Also was anyone else told not to massage? My doctor said that we doesn't get his patients to massage for wear the band. I thought this was a little weird...

Day three post op

Well I think the worst has almost passed hopefully. Honestly the pain from the surgery hasn't been as terrible as I expected. But yesterday my wisdom tooth decided it was a great time to start coming through so I ended up with a migraine for over 24 hours which was the worst pain out of everything.

I'm hoping to get off the meds today and hopefully switch to something else, my belly is super swollen :(

The incisions look really bruised so far so that explains the discomfort I'm having from the bra.

My left boob feels tighter and a little more sore and swollen, I'm assuming this is just because it has the bigger implant.

I'll update tomorrow.

Happy healing!

Day Four

Things were much better today. I'm finally off of medication. I only took two Tylenol and a motrin today so I'm really proud of myself.

I went for a small walk yesterday and today, which was really nice to get out of the house.

A picture from day two

Alberta Plastic Surgeon

Hi Girl!!! So glad you are on the other side! The Day 1 pic looks great :) it's perfectly normal to hate sleeping the first week or so...it's so hard to be comfortable on an incline! Once you are back on your back; however, it will still be kind of weird (especially sleeping on your side might be very painful for up to a month). I just hit my two month mark and still mostly sleep on my back; although; sleeping on my side feels fine now too (but I am still not used to the new boobies getting in the way...lol). Great to hear you are off the meds too! From here it will only get easier :)
Thank you for your reply! It's been quite the process. Everyday is a little different which is encouraging, but also gets me a little impatient hahaha. Thank you for the reassurance :)
Sure thing! By the way...GREAT pic from today :) they look super even!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

congrats! when you go to your post op apt do ask for the cards on the implants....I asked for mine when I saw my ps....I thought I had gotten 370 cc moderate profile...but when I searched the info online I found out he gave me high profile instead....good luck with your healing.....
Whooop!!! You look amazing!!!! Congrats!
Congratulations! Looks great. Hope your recovery is going well.
Thank you so much!! I was expecting it to be worse than this, but it's still quite uncomfortable. Getting cold it this worst!!! But it's mostly just tightness. Keeping up on the meds to avoid and major pain though.
Make sure you ask your ps regarding the surgical bra and how long to wear it. I know mine has me on this bra for 3 weeks straight before clearing me to wear something else. Each PS is different . But do follow his instructions. Ask him about icing your breasts after surgery from the pain and tightness. Some say yes and others say no. So make sure you have a list of questions before you go in. My ps does his surgeries in his clinic and I was able to chat w him before being prepped. He even changed the size of implant from originally decided. Good luck, sleep lots, relax...the journey is not over the day of surgery....getting there is half the journey!
Thank you for the tips! In my package it said that I will be send home bandaged and then the next day I can shower and start wearing a supportive bra, they recommend a spandex sports bra and said I will need to wear this for two weeks and then it just says to remembering that you will get best results if you always have support. It also said I can ice and use heat for which I found super weird because doesn't heat open the blood vessels which could cause bleeding? Eeeek I'm going to ask about that for sure. It's coming so quick! I can believe I can officially say next week I will have boobs!!
I use heat for my lower back as I'm still at a 45 degree angle in bed..so lots of pillows....sort of my own fort! Lol! I put a cushion on my legs for support. The ice is for the boobs....but ask....make a list for sure...When I woke up from surgery I was already wearing the surgical bra which was part of the deal...also I'm told not to exercise for a while...short walks are ok...but I will clarify today at my post op apt
Heat on the back makes sense for sure! I love your results so much I'm really hoping for a similar out come! I think that staying home for such a long period of time will be the hardest part for me because I'm such a busy body. Are you back at work yet? I can't remember if you posted about it or not.
I'm still home this week but get bk to work Sep 8....I get tired easy so 2 weeks off work from surgery day I hope is plenty...thanks for the compliment...they're still high though...I take daily pics to see progress even if I don't post them..lol! Good luck and let me know if u have questions
Forgot to say...take lots of pre and post surgery pics...even if its only for u...
Thank you for all the tips! Helps a lot hearing from other people!
Hello, I am also looking into having a BA done with Dr.Hasell. I know it can be different for everyone but just for a rough idea, what was your total charge. I want to be able to plan somewhat before I go in for my consult.
It cost me $7900 total for the cohesive gel under the muscle :)
Thank you!
Have you booked a consultation yet? I hear the wait is quite long right now so if you haven't you should book a consult :) update us with how it goes!
Hi there! Sounds like u are going thru some very normal emotions pre BA. Pretty much everyone feels like that :) once you are out of surgery, you will realize it was a piece of cake. In terms of getting stuff ready I recommend: clean your house, wash your sheets, have lots of pillows ready, cook ahead (!), eat healthy and drink lots of water, buy zip ups, bendy straws, spray deodorant, shave before surgery (you won't be able to right afterwards), get arnica/bromelain (really helps with bruising/swelling).... Also think about post op entertainment , such as books, Netflix, movies, etc. hope that helps!?