Let the Pictures Tell the Story. My Ears Were Symmetrical Pre-op, Can YOU See the Difference

Not only was the surgery done and feeling every...

Not only was the surgery done and feeling every moment of the scapel, I came out looking like Scissorhands had done the surgery. The scar behind one ear is pleated, that is right, pleated, and oh so obvious. I am humiliated in public, embarrassed to be around anyone. If you are in an intimate relationship, just imagine your husband touching these keloid scars, your self esteem shattered. You are violated, humiliated, an scarred forever. I begged for more medication, the Dr, without saying a word just kept cutting, and cauterizing, smelling the stench of my own skin burning, feeling the burn of the cauterizing insturment, hot and painful. Continuing trying to numb me, one needle after another.

i have gone to 3 plastic surgeons, including lsl..the 'real' plastic surgeons gave me a price cheaper than lsl, 6200 if i pay cASH, 8200 IF I MAKE PAYMENTS, THIS INCLUDES the anotheseologist and these dr's are in so. calif. where i live.
You and me both Toe Tapper, many the days and nights when I lie awake wishing I had never heard of Lifestyle Lift-they have compromised and ruined my life. I hope Karma is very real.

I had face surgery and they cut be behind the Targus and I still came out with Pixy ears and a hugh keloid under one ear. My Targus are pulled forward and I look like Shrek. I had cute ears now I will spend my life hideing them. My face is a little tighter but ears will never look good again.

Toe Tapper, I also have screwed up ears and have to spend my days finding new ways to cover them. I can no longer wear earrings and the scars are atrocious. I really wish there was justice in the world for these unethical quacks.
I think we should come up with earrings for all us who have scarred ears and get rich. I have looked at the Hooker earrings (expensive) to cover the front scars but my boyfriend said it would just bring more attention to my ears. I was worried about my earlobes and almost backed out, wish I would of went with my gut feeling.
My friend, Leigh Valentine, owns Valentine Spa, she appears on QVC under her "Distinction" skin care line. I highly recommend her "Non-Surgical Facelift Kit". It firms and tightens naturally with very good results. No, it is not the same result as you can get with surgery, but you also do not have any of the risks. Find her products at www.valentinespa.com

Hope this will help.
This is awful! So sorry, but my experience is similar I went in with symmetrical ears and after 3 additional mini procedures that is no longer the case and I cannot wear earrings any longer!
I had a horrible experience in Franklin, TN at the hands of Dr. Raja Atiyah, one of two doctors there to choose from. I had the proceedure done in March '10. The proceedure was hurried and I wss left with stitches sticking in my eyes from Sat.to Mon. The Dr. was flirtatious with me and uncomfortablely so after I was under the influence of a cupfull of pills they had given me before he started the numbing shots. He said he was the only one in this part of the country that did this proceedure in this part of the country. Lies after lies. It would take a book to describe the recovery, the doctors abscense the first follow up visit returning the second one saying he was sorry that he wasn't there, he was lovesick...he had met me and he was lovesick. At no response from me, he said "It's true, I am not kidding. My trying to get him to address my concerns only resulted in "Let's let it heal." As a result I am left with nerve damage that hasn't gone away and disfuring scars at the corners of my eyes, a sagging neck and scars at my ears that barely can be hidden with coverup. The nerve damage worries me the most. Atyiah is no longer with LifeStyle Lift here in Franklin,Tn.I want to sue and am interested in a class action lawsuit if any one wants to discuss further...this is just a snippet. shangri-la.1915@comcast.net is my email address. I want to end LifeStyle Lifts existence.
OMG I feel for you! I am so sorry you had to go through this..I asked for XTRA valume because Idid not want to feel a thing! I could still hear the cutting of my own flesh next to my ear! YUCK! My ears still hurt-I cannot sleep unless I am sitting up and it has been 7 weeks. Iam about to loose my job! Again I am in pain 24/7 BUt at least my MD knew how to do stitches! I would SUE!!
Gwi5004d -- I am sorry that you had such awful results. Has there been any improvement since the surgery? I noticed that one ear looked bunched up and much shorter than the other ear, what did your doctor have to say about that? I too had bad results but my ears did not look as bad as yours. My main complaint with my ears is that they grew much longer and the skin behind my ears felt like it was rolled up and then stitched flat to my face and ears. My ears hurt constantly. I had to have them redone. Have you sought out any doctors to do revisions? Let us know how you are doing now. Best to you, Chrystal.
just a quick note. I feel so sad for the girls who had a bad experience. I looked awful too right after, but it has been over 4 months and it is getting better by the week. the pulling and the pleats behind the ears are much better as well.still not perfect and could have been better, but still not sorry I did it.I am lucky in that my scars are not down the front of the ears, just a little at the top of the ear.still need make up to cover them, but not bad at all. I know for me, I expected much much faster recovery, because of their advertising, I watched a commerical just yesterday, that said, results immdediately, and the lady had walked out in the office and her husband, loved the results. this will not happen ever.!!! that was very false and misleading information.So for me it added fuel to the fire, since I looked so bad anyway, then thinking it was going to stay that way forever. It was honestly a feeling I never want to have again, and I would not do the lift, if I had it to do over I would go with the facelift.If anyone is considering having the lift, pleaseee ask your dr all the questions, i.e. where will he cut you? how long for the real recovery time.even ask for pictures of other patients and contact info.and check your dr out thourghly.I would also ask if there is anything you could do after surgery to harm the procedure, until it is healed.Things not to do.
OMG! I was under the impression that LSL was non-invasive. Why would anyone with prior knowledge put themselves through this? LSL is diffently out of the question.
It has been one year since I had the LSL done. My current pictures look exactly like my "before" pictures. I told Dr. Westine of Ft. Lauderdale how unhappy I was with the results, and he asked me if I was taking my antidepressant medication! I did not receive the results I was told. Is there a law suit pending somewhere? There should be.
Hello, I am sorry to see what happened, but I do think time will correct some of these "scars". I was interested in the LSL, and went to a Board Certified PS. He told me that he pays LSL to have patients come to him but does NOT perform the procedure as described by them. He said, "I do a facelift, and believe it is the best way to do what a patient wants done." His reputation is on MY face! I had a lower lift with lypo under chin, and a brow lift on 4/17/08. I was happily "sedated". Can't imagine ever having anything done semi-awake while cutting into my face. My stitches are behind my ears and not visible with my haircut. Even the brow lift was done with sutures past my hairline so they don't show if I sweep my bangs back. So far, I am happy and was told 6 mos. is normal for everything to "settle down" and see the true results. I think too many people think LSL is the answer for what they want to see on themselves; they are foolish to ever think going to a guy who took a course for a week isn't going to have complications with patients. I think those that are happy with LSL probably went to a great surgeon. Not all surgeons are good just because they went to Med. school. It pays to do your homework, investigate the surgeon and not be convinced by an infomercial.....
Your pictures were the icing on the cake for me - regarding this procedure - I am so sorry you had this terrible experience and thank you (hug hug) for sharing. I definitely WILL NOT pursue LifeStyle Lift. I'll save my money and go to the traditional face lift. Thanks again.
I called the Lifestyle Lift 800 number this VERY morning. I watched their infomercial and was convinced that this was the procedure for me. Oh my, what wonderful happy stories and results they ALL had! Well, OH MY GOODNESS!! I can only say that I am very thankful that I have learned through the years just how important it is for each of us to thoroughly check out product and service reviews for opinions and experiences such as yours. Guess you know...THE DEAL IS OFF! Thanks so much for sharing you experience. God Bless!
Thank God I read this post. I just called the 800# for Lifestyle Lift and when the lady on the other end of the phone mentioned that Lifestyle Lift was getting over 15,000 calls a week with fantastic reviews....I got skeptical. The other thing that bothered me and caused me to procrastinate in calling the 800# was the infomercial never really showed HOW the Lifestyle Lift was actually performed. I just read this post and I cannot believe the procedure! OMG! No way am I going to get these jowls lifted that way. Take care and I hope that you find continued healing. Cindy
There is a doctor in NY that specializes in scar revision. His name is Dr. Jacono and his website is newyorkfacialplasticsurgery.com if anyone is interested in having this disgusting procedure reversed, to a large extent, and then done right. I saw him and he performed a mircle on me and fixed this LSL nightmare. It is appalling to me that with all of these posts, mostly negative, women still ask about this disgusting procedure.
Had a consultation scheduled for tomorrow after work -- and I just want to thank ALL of you for sharing your stories. Canceled the consult, and I feel lucky to have found you.... Thanks.
You were very lucky Vicky. God bless...
The photo above is scary-I am a physicians assistant and I've seen lots of plastic surgeries post op etc. I have to say the skin in front of the stitches looks very good like a baby's bottom. I would like to see the photos of the area in three months? I was in a car accident a few years ago and a truck hit me-my nose broke and metal tore the left nostral completely off-a plastic surgeon sewed my nose back on actually and it looked real bad at first with stitches and redness but now you can't even see it at all. I am having the lift done-and as a medical professional I am not giving out advice but with my years of training I know that it takes pains to make gains...I pray for you bobbi that you heal, that you feel better.
OMG Don't do this. I will send you photos of my scar revision after this disgusting procedure. It cost me $16,500 to fix LSL. How can you entertain this at a 55% disatisfaction rate? Your a med professional. You need to heed the warnigs here girl.
Iam Did the Dr totally make you look right? Have your scars minimized& what did he do to fix it? I can't find anyone in Chgo that will help me. Please send after revision pics
I had the Lifestyle lift in 2004 along with having my upper and lower lids done. I was 53 at the time. The surgeon did not remove enough fat from under my eyes so they were redone (at no charge). My eyes are still fine now but the sagging neck is back with a vengance. Also, my ears were reconnected crooked. Nothing anyone else can tell but dangle earrings don't hang right. I would NOT do this again as I expected the results to last longer. Probably should have done the eyes only and waited for the rest.