My Journey of Impulse, Regret and Triumph! 19 Year Old Tattoo Removal. - Leicester, GB

Hi everyone, I'm new to this but I'm happy to find...

Hi everyone, I'm new to this but I'm happy to find so many others in the same boat as me. When I turned 18 I was so excited to get my first tattoo and I did exactly that, without much thought or understanding as to what I was doing. It read "viva la vida" under my right breast which I guess is now ironic given my circumstances today! After almost a year, I decided it looked unfinished and wanted to decorate it with some flowers of some sort, again I don't really know what I was thinking. I got some huge roses (beautiful artwork) tattooed down my ribs and instantly hated them to the point of depression. Almost a year on here I am! I convinced my parents to foot the bill whilst I am still studying and have promised to pay them back this summer! I guess parents will do whatever they can to make you happy and I will always be forever grateful for their kindness, support and understanding.
This past year has been a dark one for me as I am living with the guilt and regret of defacing my body in the way that I have. I must learn to forgive myself but I know this will be a long process. I will not allow a silly bit of ink to define me.

The writing on my tattoo actually scarred when I had it done, so I'm not holding out much hope for a successful removal there, but the flowers are apparently all good to go!!

I have chosen sk:n clinics (UK based) for my treatment and have already undergone my first treatment. I have seen spectacular results and I am thrilled. The flowers have broken up extensively, and although the writing hasn't really shifted, it's the flowers that I'm really not keen on so this is good!! The nurses are lovely and have made me feel so positive and at ease so I'm quite relaxed and excited about my next treatments! The pain is not to be underestimated though and I will say to anybody who is thinking of getting a tattoo, think so very long and hard because this process is beyond excrutiating!!

Anyway, I feel I'm finally ready to share my journey with you all and hopefully we can support eachother through these difficult times. Thanks so much everyone.

Rachael

Just a quick update

Hi guys, not much to report but thought I would update you with a little pic after my removal on Sunday. I'm really lucky to have not experienced any blistering or scabbing, but I have got extensive bruising at the moment which you can see from the pic. I'm already seeing some break up among the flowers which I am so happy about!
I'm finding that this waiting game is very mentally challenging and I just wish I could speed up time. Hopefully this gets a little easier to deal with.

Thanks guys,
Rachael

Itching!!

Wowwww the itching has fully set in now! Very sore! I'm having a bit of a bad day today and I'm feeling a bit hopeless. I cannot shift this feeling of blame and I'm so angry at myself that I did this. I also worry that this tattoo will never be gone. I am so young and should be enjoying life like all my friends and I feel stuck in this ridiculous bubble all because a bit of ink. I hope so much this feeling gets better with time :(

Itching becoming unbearable

Has anybody got any advice to combat this itching? It's been waking me up in the middle of the night and it's constant. It's absolutely killing me please help anyone!

Coming up for 3 weeks post 1st treatment

Hi everyone, just a quick update. Itching subsided about a week ago which was a relief!! I found that lots of moisturiser and lots of water helped me massively through that almost unbearable period!! Peeling has started so I'm putting lots of bio oil on at the moment. Seeing so much break up among the flowers which is exciting!! Not so much the script but I'm not too fussed about that.

Treatment day no.2 has arrived!!

Hi guys!! So almost 11 weeks after my 1st treatment, I am heading for treatment 2. The reason for the long delay is because I'm getting treated in Leicester where I go to University and I've been at home in Hertfordshire for a while so it gave me a chance to let it heal further. I feel so much better about my journey. The significant fading has left me feeling so optimistic! I am feeling very nervous about today as the pain and the itching afterwards was enough to last me a lifetime! My timing isn't great as I've got exams over the next few weeks and so I'm going to be itching like a dog throughout them! Here's a pic of my tattoo I just took now.

2nd treatment done!

Just had my 2nd treatment. Pain was much more bearable than last time and she switched it up to 3.5. Nurse was different this time but I didn't mind as she was so kind and comforting. Let me do whatever I wanted i.e listen to my music. I actually found when I watch the laser go round it's much easier to bear, I guess different things work for everyone! Last time the treatment took 40 mins due to stopping and starting with pain, but this time only took 20 so I was obviously coping much better! The nurse said she's very happy with my fading, and advised me to dose up on anti-histamines should the itching persist. Bandages are on at the moment but I will upload a picture tonight when I take them off to clean it.

Quick picture

Ouch!!

Blistering has appeared today for the first time :(
I feel quite poorly and run down today, almost feverish. Has anyone else experienced this during this process before?

9 weeks post 2nd treatment!!

Hi everyone, just a quick update with pics. 2nd treatment was very very successful and I'm so happy with the fading. The script has started breaking up too (yippee!). I am now 20 and growing physically and mentally with my journey. I am really throwing myself into everything and in a really good place at the moment. 3rd treatment takes place around mid July so will let you know how that goes. I'm off on holiday next week so will be a new challenge to spend my week in a one piece whilst all my friends are wearing bikinis, it's not something I've experienced yet so I'm anxious to see how I'll feel. But I've made my bed and I'm now lying in it, if I want the process to be successful I do have to sacrifice certain things such as sunbathing in a bikini!
Nurse Clare Love

Very professional but so lovely at the same time. Made me feel so welcome and didn't judge me at all. She's only interested in helping me as best she can and even when I was writhing in pain she made me feel good!