35 yrs old... feeling like 21! Mother of three

So after many years of procrastinating, I finally...

So after many years of procrastinating, I finally met with the PS regarding a tummy tuck.
For some odd reason, I was a nervous wreck... Didn't even act myself as I was sitting in the waiting room; but once we (my husband and I) were placed in a room and the soft spoken PS came in; assisted with his RN, Anne I then finally started relaxing. He answered all my questions and concerns... I was very pleased with him. Since May 05, 14 isn't set in stone yet, I plan on calling them today and getting this confirmed date on the calendar. :)

Pre-Op

One week from today, is my Pre-Op appointment with the PS. I am getting so anxious and nervous all at once. Seems like this upcoming surgery is all I can think about. I also feel like that's all I talk about too! I'm almost 100% positive that I am driving my husband bonkers; for that's all I talk about.

Smoking

Okay... So I'm a smoker (ya ya I know it's not good for me), mostly at work and social. I was told by my PS that I have to stop smoking a couple weeks before and after my surgery.... In my head, I was thinking that shouldn't be a problem for I could just by an e-cig or a patch... well after doing research, I come to find out that it's the nicotine that is not good for healing. Which I don't remember that being an issue when I had my trocar hernia repair. Any suggestions?

Before Pics

Addit'l Pics

Day 1

Today is my first day of not smoking...
So far I am doing okay. Was a little hard making that 45 min drive to work and not having a nicotine stick; but I survived. I think this not smoking will be VERY hard for me, but I am determined to heal well during and after my TT, two weeks from today. :)

Vitamins

Okay... so as most of you I am sure; I have been doing allot of research to help me with a nice, healthy and fast recovery. From what most I have read (on the internet), it's good to take Vitamin C and B Complex two weeks prior and after a TT. As I did my research, I discovered that from me being a smoker, that each cigarette I smoked took Vitamin C from my body.... Guess I need to start on those RIGHT AWAY!!!! Update on my smoking... Haven't had one since noon on Sunday, 04/20. I have my moments, but also with all that I have seen and read it scares me to even think about smoking.

Pre-Op Appt

I went and seen my PS yesterday. :)
I must say, he always makes me feel relaxed when I am talking with him. He has such a calm, soft vibe to him. It's really odd... To bad my husband wasn't like that "all" the time. ha ha ha
Anyways, all is good and everything that was on my mind was answered. And I got to tell ya, I had some odd bonker questions. Nurse Anne even chuckled on one. I asked will I be able to still wipe myself from front to back (meaning reach from behind to wipe)?? because I so don't feel comfortable doing it the other way. Her respond was "you're cute"! lol

The PS confirmed that taking Vitamin C and B Complex is very good to take before and after surgery. Especially with me being a smoker, which I should add that I still haven't had one, not even a puff nor have I been around any smokers. Anyways back on the subject... He added that I should take a multi-vitamin with the other two; and to start eating a healthy protein diet now. Also he broke it to me that I can have an adult beverages starting one week of surgery, which this weekend is my last weekend. To be honest, I was thinking in my head "WOW.... first my nicotine sticks and now my margaritas"??? I am defiantly going to have to be locked in my bedroom away from everyone. lol ... My husband stated to me last night "don't be upset if I hang out downstairs allot next week". I asked why would he be hanging down stairs (thinking maybe there is some special game on or something", and his reply was "because I don't want to make you mad or upset and I am sure you'll be stressed out". HA HA HA

Eleven days till the new me.... :)

My To Do List (prior to surgery)
1. Go have blood work done (requested by PS)
2. Pick up prescription meds
3. Purchase Stool Softener
4. Purchase loose fitting clothing & under garments
5???? If I am missing something, please let me know?!?! I want to be 100% prepared

Getting prepared

Anxious

Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!! I'm so nervous.

Off we go...

Sure hope mine turns out as great as everyone else has. I sure am a nervous wreck, but knowing the outcome seems so worth it. I will update when finished. Send prayers my way, please and thank you!!!!!

Lots of pain! :(

Day Two

Okay.... Didn't sleep all that well last night because of the pain. I also am bleeding pretty bad on both sides of the hips where the PS performed lypo suction. We have changed the dressing three times already and just now work back up to have bled through dressing and nighty. Not sure if this is normal, for the nurse told my husband that I should stop bleeding soon and that was at 9pm last night. :/.

So in comparison of TT to C-Section, the TT is so much worse pain. I'm hoping the pain subsides soon. :(

Oh ya, PS said that he removed 5lbs of skin and fat.

Yesterday

Let's just say, yesterday was interesting. As I stated in my previous post of how I was in lots of pain and bleeding pretty bad, well this was due to somehow I tore open one of the lipo sections and rip the stitches out. Don't ask me how this happened.

My husband was adding more bandages to the two lipo sections, when I hear him say "oh no, this can't be good"! Of course I start panicking wondering what in the world is going on... He called the PS office and they asked him to take a pic and send it via text. Once they got the pic, they called him back and said for him to bring me immediately back to the PS office. Me + Pain + 45 min drive there = not a happy camper. I will say I am doing much better this morning. Hope it's all downhill from here.

Big hole

This is the hole that had to be re-suture.

Sneak peek photo

Day 5

Okay.... This whole experience has been an emotional roller coaster. I'm so use to having the same routine everyday and now it's not. It's even affected my daughters.

So I am on day five. I feel allot better today but still can't be on my feet for a long period of time. I've notice that I have no energy and could sleep all day and night. I also feel a little depressed. Not sure why, but I am defiantly not feeling myself at all. I am not taking any pain meds during the day and I am now eating the same food my family is eating. Which is good, cause I'm so sick and tired of eating soup. I was able to spend a little time outside today with my husband; which is what I really needed since I've been feeling a little down.

In two days I get my drain tubes removed. I'm a nervous wreck for I've been told it hurts like non other. I sure hope this is t true; for I feel I've been through enough already.

My fingers are crossed that tomorrow will be a better day since it will be Mothers Day... Sure don't want to spend it in my recliner.

Swelling

These are day six photos. Is it normal to have more swelling now then on day two?

Post Op Check Up

Yesterday, was my first post op check up... It went WONDERFUL!!!! I finally got rid of those horrible drain tubes. I need to add that I didn't feel any pain what so ever when they were removed. The feeling is sort of indescribable. I also got ride of that compression wrap. That thing drove me bonkers 24/7. It was either to tight or not tight enough and not the mention it NEVER staying in place. The replacement of the wrap is a black girdle looking thing, with velcro and zippers on the side. I can't complain to much of this thing, for it's allot better then what I had, but with summer coming soon I know I am going to be hot in this thing. The PS said that he was impressed with the way I look and the way I am healing; which made me feel good to hear. When I walked out to the waiting room, my 13 yr old twin girls said "Mom, you look so different. It looks like your sucking in your tummy, it looks so flat and your boobs look bigger". LOL That comment made me feel so good about myself. I must add that I am really happy with the way I look. Just can't wait for the swelling to be over with; but I know that will take time. Any who, all and all yesterday was a GREAT day for me. Today was my first day back to work.... I have an office profession and I will tell you, that if you have any type of labor profession please take as much time off that you can, for I am struggling with getting comfortable and not causing any pain. Well, once I take updated pics I will post. Happy Monday everyone!!!!!

Upper abdominal pain

Okay.... So I'm a little nervous, for I am having a stabbing, burning pain in the center of my upper abdominal area, just below my breast. I'm wondering if this is normal???

Two weeks Post-Op

These pictures were taken last night. In the mornings; I don't have much swelling, but in the evening I am swell hell!

Three weeks post-op

Still have some steri-strips on that was reapplied at my last post-op appt. Hopefully they will come off soon.

UPDATE (Upper abdominal pain)

So the pain I was having in my upper adnominal area has finally subsided. At my last post-op visit, I was told the reason for the pain was because a combination of major muscle repair and lots of lipo done in that area . They told me to keep an ice pack on it in the evenings and continue to take ibuprofen 600 mg, twice a day. Since ibuprofen helps with swelling. Anyways, I feel so much better. The only pain I have now is the pressure of swelling. Looking forward to that going away.

Feeling awesome