At Long Last - Leeds, United Kingdom

Ive undergone an open reduction Rhinoplasty and...

Ive undergone an open reduction Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty to improve my appearance for my benefit. Ive always hated my nose which was a cross between my Dads large bulbous one and my Mums long pointed nose.

Every photograph Ive had taken I always look straight at my nose and eyes, the upper eyelids droop and give the appearance I'm tired, and am always dissapointed. Cant wait to see the final outcome but already at day 3 I'm happy.

Well I'm up at 1.41 am day 3 as I can't sleep so...

Well I'm up at 1.41 am day 3 as I can't sleep so rather than keep my poor hubbie awake with my tossing & turning I'm in the kitchen with cat & cup of tea. I'm uncomfortable really, can't breathe through my nose yet so my mouths constantly dry and the swelling around my nose and eyes has increased substantially over the last 24 hours. I loved what I could see of my new nose post op but as its now pretty swollen I can't see how its going to look. I'm excited for Thursday when all the stitches and splint & tape comes off, I know its going to be very strange to finally see the new me! Thanks H for your best wishes, I agree about the painkillers although I must say theres not that much pain, more discomfort. My nose hasnt been broken chiselled I believe Lol! First night post op with all the packing in it was very uncomfortable and like you I couldnt swallow also I had problems with nausea and vomitting after the anaesthetic. I was very glad to get the packing out next morning! All in all I feel like Ive won the Lottery and wish I'd had the

Good Morning! Its me again, sitting in the kitchen...

Good Morning! Its me again, sitting in the kitchen at 2.55 am with tea and the cat! Managed a couple of hours sleep. Much better now than yesterday, there's less swelling and I can breathe a little better through my nose. because of the swelling I cant get a good idea of how its going to look. To be honest my nose looks quite big compared to post surgery but I know thats because of the swelling and I keep telling myself to stop worrying about it and be patient. Having read many reviews on here I know everyone struggles with the same thing.
Cant wait for Thursday!

Hi, well Im trying to juggle my laptop and the cat...

Hi, well Im trying to juggle my laptop and the cat on my knee this morning.
Had a much better night last night, still having regular paracetamol as my face begins to ache after a few hours if I forget.
Apart from itching under the splint and tape things are definately looking up!
My new nose is less swollen and I cant wait for the unveiling on Thursday. I also had upper eyelid surgery so I'm pleased by the look of them too. Although theres quite a bit of bruising, & swelling I can see the new contours of my eyes.
Ive been practising smiling and i cant believe how different I look already, I might even get to like having photographs taken!
Good Luck to everyone having their surgery today!

Had all stiches out and cast and plaster off. Feel...

Had all stiches out and cast and plaster off. Feel sooo much better and I love my new nose even though its still quite swollen. Pics to follow. :-)

I returned to see my surgeon this week. Its now 7...

I returned to see my surgeon this week. Its now 7 months since my surgery and he was pleased to see how good my nose and upper eyelids look. He's taken some more pictures and will be sending me copies so when I have received them I'll try and get them on here. He says I'm half way through in terms of how my nose shape will be, it takes 18 months until it finally settles. I'll be honest, at times I haven't really liked my new nose. I'm a little disconcerted at how my nostrils now seem so visible, that was something that hadnt been a problem due to the drooping. Also as it has taken so long for the swelling to subside, at times I feel I look like Steve Martin in Roxanne with a long hooked nose!
However, more and more I can see that my nose is becoming prettier and now since my consultation, I'm reassured that all will be well and I will get the nose I wanted.
I hope others will be reassured that it DOES take a surprisingly long time to see the true result of your rhinoplasty, you will notice subtle changes along the way even if its not apparent to others.
Spire Hospital

Customer service and know of reputation. Also recommended by my GP.

Hi, your new nose looks amazing! I was thinking of going with mr liddington for rhinoplasty and went to see him for a quick chat but was not sure of whether to go with him or not. But now after reading this post and alot of time considering him I am more likely to go with him. please can you tell me your experience with him and his nurses. Thanks xx
You look fantastic! It's good to hear that your doing better and feeling better about your nose. You don't look anything like Steve Martin in Rosanne haha! ;) you look amazing and it's only going to get better!
Hi, You look amazing! May I ask who your surgeon was for your rhinoplasty? Thanks
Hi, thank you! My surgeon was Mark Liddington at Spire Hospital in Leeds, I'm more and more pleased with the results and he's lovely, very friendly and confident, and assured me that if I wasnt happy with the results as we agreed he'll do a revision. cant say fairer than that!
Who is this pretty lady with you in the first photo? Is she an actress?
No, she's my eldest daughter!
She is very pretty.
Your eyes do look really great too, by the way. (I hope to do a neck lift, perhaps in the next 5 years. My eyelids would be third on my list. But first... I have to get through the rhinoplasty!)
Thanks, I hope it all goes well for you, I'm amazed by how what seems a relatively small proceedure can make such a difference and also by how it seems to take some time to "grow into" your new facial features. I think I focused on the small details (I had eyelids, rhino and a mole removed from between my eyebrows) but now can see how it all adds up to a new, different appearance. Its also taken my family a while too to get used to it.
You look fantastic and, may I say, years younger. You look really happy in your new photos. I had a revision rhinoplasty yesterday and am too considering a blepharoplasty, but a lower one for excess skin below my eyes (a family trait). Just due to money that I didn't do this all at once. I would love to have it all done before I get married in 2014, but think I'm going to try other options on my eyes before I go to surgery. Was there anything you tried before surgery that made any significant difference? Jenna
12 months until the final result I believe. Seriously, your modified nose has taken decades off your look. I am so rapt for you and hope mine will look as good. Congrats!
I think your results are amazing actually. You look fabulous!
Hello! Your nose looks great in these pics. Has it changed since then? Are you planning on adding more pics as time goes on? I'd love to see it now!
Hi, thanks for the prompt, its been 3 months since my surgery and my hubbie says I look different every day as my nose shape is still changing due to the resolving swelling. The bridge is still quite spongy and the tip still looks quite large and feels hard, it is quite painful too if I knock it with anything! I also continue to use saline spray as it can get a little blocked and dry. I saw my surgeon last month and he's very happy with the results but will wait to take pics until March when the majority of the swelling will be gone. I feel now that this new nose is actually mine, its beginning to feel more normal and I'm familiar with it. There have been times over the last few weeks when Ive still not been happy with how my nose looks, I still think it looks big but I know theres still a way to go before the swelling settles down completely. However when Ive been getting ready to go out or have pics taken I suddenly look at myself and am completely taken aback by the changes my new nose and eyelid surgery have made. I feel I look normal, I never wanted to look like anyone else or to be gorgeous, just not to be the woman with the big nose and droopy eyes. That realisation happened only a couple of weeks ago in a store changing room. I was trying some clothes on and looked up. There were 3 mirrors and I suddenly caught sight of my profile. I was like WOW, is that me?? I was in there for 30 minutes! So yes, its been worth it, I feel more confident now and when we went on a cruise last month with our family I was the one bothering the ships photographers to take our pictures, not avoiding them as I used to. I'll put some more pics on this update and maybe get some more taken as well. Good luck to all undergoing their own transformation! :-)
Wow what a wonderful result! Congratulations :)
Looks great
Looks fantastic!!
You don't even look 53, who suggested you to get it done?
Just me really Ive always been unhappy with my nose and now the kids are older and off our hands we have the funds and time for us to enjoy ourselves. We had an accident 2 years ago and its made me realise that lifes too short. Go for it is my motto now!
Your new nose looks beautiful!! :) I just got my cast off today too, such a great feeling!
Looks great already! I think it's gonna heal beautifully in time, too. :) Glad you're happy about to deciding to go through with this!
Thanks so much! yes me too, wish Id done it years ago! :-) x

Well, if you can't be in bed sleeping, in the kitchen with the cat and a cup of tea sounds pretty nice. :) Sorry 'bout all the swelling and discomfort. You're almost through the worst of it. Hang in there and keep keeping us posted!