Subtle Lip Augmentation to Vermilion Border with Juvederm - Leeds, GB

I recently thought about enhancing my lips...

I recently thought about enhancing my lips slightly but felt slightly hesitant due to not wanting to look as though I had obvious work done. I wouldn't say I had small lips before, possibly average size (??), but not only that, but they had a somewhat downturned appearance. After consulting with the woman who does my procedures, she suggested I start with .5 ml Juvederm to just enhance the vermilion border, both on the upper and lower lip. If, in the future, I decided I wanted more volume she would add another .5 ml but thought I may be happy with how they would turn out (she suggested due to my facial features, more may be the wrong thing in her opinion). So, to start off with, she numbed my lips with a topical anaesthetic. We waited for a while (she did my Botox during this time) and then we were ready to go. I honestly felt nothing (that must've been some strong stuff!). She was finished after maybe about 10 minutes - massaging the Juvederm as she was going along. These are the end results - I have a slight bruise on my upper lip; I bled for a bit on that site which is usual for me. The bleeding wasn't massive amounts, just took about 5 minutes to stop. Appreciate any comments - if I should keep them as they are or add another .5 ml. I go back in two weeks for a follow up appointment. Sorry for the gormless photos - trying to have a 'neutral' expression! :)

Side views

As requested I will upload some before and after side views. Apologies for the quality of the photos, but I think you get the general idea - the before picture, they lips almost appear flat - after, they appear to have a curve. I hate judging myself, so I'll let you decide!

24 hours later

I have a bit of bruising, especially to my upper lip. I am a bleeder though and any sort of trauma, even to my legs etc I'll bruise. So it's nothing unusual for me. Lips aren't very tender at all - they look sore but don't feel it. They don't appear to be less swollen than yesterday - not sure really! xx

4 days later

Most of the lip bruising has gone however this weird bruise above my upper lip has darkened. In the picture I am wearing zero make up so you can see all bruising. Also, now that initial swelling has gone, I am on the fence about getting a touch more volume. I can definitely feel the Juvederm and I know it has enhanced my natural lip contours.

8 days after injections

So it has been just over a week and overall, I think I am happy with the results! I am unsure if I want to go a tiny bit larger (by adding .5 ml more). I go back to the clinic for an unrelated check up and I think I will ask her opinion if more would detract (she is credible and would not 'sell' if she thought it would look bad). It's funny how others 'see' you - she said I had a fairly wide mouth in proportion to my face (which I never thought?!) and by inflating my lips they would look like sausages on my face lol!! So I'll see - if she thinks they are fine the way they are then I'll keep them as is - otherwise, it's a slippery slope - a little and you want a little more, then a little more - just have to keep rational about it!

I definitely feel the difference though and can feel the Juvi in my vermilion line. Attached is a picture from just now. All of the bruising is gone.

8 Days after

side view

8 days after, side view
Petra

Petra is a nurse prescriber that works at VGmedispa in Leeds, Yorkshire, England. I think she's brilliant!