24, Revision Rhinoplasty for Tip - Leeds, GB

I am 12 days po and am in a huge panic about my...

I am 12 days po and am in a huge panic about my rhnioplasty. I had my primary rhioplasty on my 18th birthday for a hump reduction. Initially very pleased with the results but scar tissue began to cause me problems until it built up to such an extent that it pushed my tip downwards. Revision rhinoplasty with specialist UK surgeon. However my tip looks so bulbous and a-symmetrical currently I am really worrying. I know it's early days but after looking at other people's recoveries on this website I feel as though their results are usually quite visible by now. It's my birthday tomorrow and I naively had an image of me enjoying it with this perfect little nose but right now I hate it and think it looks worse than before my surgery. PRAYING this is just swelling and will go down in the next few weeks at least to the extent where it looks better than before surgery. My nose bends to the side and I have strange indentation marks above each nostril which emphasise the bulbous tip. Don't want to leave the house atm.

Before revision rhinoplasty - tip hanging down

Going to try to add a 'before'# again as it didn't work last time!

Some more photos

This was the only photo I could find from the front of my 'old' nose as I would avoid this angle like the plague

15 days post-op

So I am 15 days post-op and still feeling shit. Taping just at night now and every time I look in the mirror I want to cry. I have paid a considerable amount of money to look worse, or at the very best, not much different. My nose is quite sensitive. It feels very hard to the touch, so I am hoping this re-affirms it is mainly swelling. It is still bent, although at times I think it looks less so. However I rang my surgeon who was concerned about the bend so has asked to see me next week instead of late August. I don't think the heat is helping, it is so hot here at the moment.

Started experimenting with contouring, but struggling to create straight lines so I think it looks worse haha. I will keep practicing! I have 2 weddings to attend in a little over a week so praying the swelling has come down by then, at least to an amount I am comfortable with. Either that or I get better at contouring to disguise the bend and huge tip! Ugh all in all feeling rubbish, just trying to remain calm and put it all down to swelling. Looking at photos on here is depressing as I keep finding people who have paid half the amount and have brilliant results. I am trying very hard to remain positive.

Improved profile

Who was your surgeon?
my nose was very crooked and insane looking after my revision, also the skin on one side deflated.... I'm about 3 months and it may be a bit crooked forever (very hard to correct persistent deviated septum as far as I know) but it looks a lot better. I had bumps on the bridge. I did have on steroid shot and some restylane on the side that deflated. Hang in there.
I think you should exercise some patient for six months.And if the swelling doesn't go down, I think you should meet another surgeon who will tell you what has gone wrong. Am doing my reversion in December with another surgeon because my previous surgeon was incompetent.pls don't go back to that surgeon because he has no idea of what to do with you nose.
Hi. I hope your nose is better now. If it hasn't changed esp the bend I think you should speak to your surgeon.
I'm so sorry you're in distress. I can't tell what this looked like from your old surgery, but the unfortunate thing is that for a while your nose WILL look overprotected/assymetrical (esp. if your pre-op nose was) for about a month. With time, the nose/skin will "contract" at certain times of day, after a shower, etc. The skin has memory. Just talk to your surgeon by week 8 if you feel you aren't making any progress. I started seeing my nose contract by about 3 weeks; after that, it was literally like a sponge animal folding in on itself. But it was always worst in the heat, in the morning, etc. Just appreciate that your nose now, at its "worst" is probably about as bad as your pre-op nose. I failed to, and I regret it. Did he rotate your tip? (Even if the doctor didn't, the tip will look "piggy", but I assure you--I don't see it.) I actually think you look like you haven't had work done. I hope you feel better and enjoy your birthday. I sympathize so much; it's stressful to feel helplessly self-conscious about your face while you heal.
Thank you so much for your reply. How do you mean your nose 'contracted' around 3 weeks? He uplifted my tip but I feel like it doesn't look any better (you might be able to see this now with the photos I have added). But it just looks so fat at the tip... It does feel rock solid and is sensitive - it wasn't this sensitive with my primary rhinoplasty. I know it will take even up to 2 years (I'm sure mine changed for several years after my primary) but I guess I'm looking for reassurance that before week 2 and 4 it gets much better, to the point that I'm at least not embarrassed to leave the house. Every time I look it the mirror I feel so depressed. I don't mind slight swelling that can linger long-term but at the moment to me it looks awful.
From that angle I think it looks improved! Swelling can do crazy things in the early days. Here's what some doctors say about uneven swelling.

Try not to look in the mirror just yet and have a happy birthday! :)
Thanks for your reply! I really hope it is just swelling! My doctor has asked to see me sooner than my 6 week check as I said it was 'bent' so I'm seeing him next week. He sounded quite concerned which I have to say has not filled me with confidence!
Hi, happy birthday. don't panic it s your nose will get smaller ..mine has gotten lot smaller with time. you look nice .
Hi thank you! I'm about to take off my tape, I had to keep it on for 2 weeks and hate that today is the day it comes off. Also joining my new job today so meeting lots of new people... feel sick!!!