Still Thinking About That Tummy Tuck - Lebanon, LB

I am a 30 year old woman, married with two kids...

I am a 30 year old woman, married with two kids aged 3 and 1. I have been fat since my adolescence and always struggled with weight and body image issues. I tried so many diets and attacked the gym but apparently my relation with food was pathological. Anyway, I decided to get a Mini gastric bypass in 2007 because i couldn't look at myself anymore. I was 100 kgs for 1.64cm. Nothing fitted, i looked awful. The surgery was not successful and i only lost some of the weight and I couldn't keep it off. It was a post-op mistake because i was not well informed (despite all my researches) and the dr was not the kind that explains everything, u had to litterally pull out the words from his mouth. Now, 2013, i weigh 85kgs and most of the fat and ugliness is concentrated on my belly area (2 consecutive pregnancies+overweight+fat= 0 self esteem). So i have been hearing about the tummy tuck and coming to this group and reading the reviews and taking more and more info each time, made me seriously think about having one. I KNOW that this procedure is NOT for weight loss...That is why I started a diet (AGAIN) with a dietician and i am planning to loose 15 kgs before really going through this. I am lebanese and live in Lebanon. I had several Drs names and i am trying to get in touch with one soon (maybe this month) just to get an idea about the cost and the pros and cons etc. I am really scared this won't work just like my bariatric surgery (the bypass) and i am REALLY REALLY REALLY in NEED of feeling better. and for me feeling better comes from looking better. Don't get me wrong i am SO blessed to have my husband and kids and my lovely life but i don't seem to enjoy this because i am not satisfied with the way i look.......I don't know what more to say...I will update when i see the dr........any help will be good.....i couldn't find someone with the same body as mine here..help :S

Can't. Believe it!

After a long period of thinking reviewing and checking this site, i finally gathered my courage and took the appointment. I am going to see my PS on the 6th of January 2014. I do not have the money yet, i saved the first 1000$ i think i might need some 3000$ more (my friend did the TT last july and told me about the cost). So, i am a bit confused scared excited and a bunch of feelings i cannot define hehehe i guess because it s still not real. I am thinking of doing it when i take my summer vacation (July 2014). I have 2 months off work and i cannot do it any other time and in case i decided i will not waitfor the summer after i want this now i am fed up with my looks. One more week and i will update my review. Please God i really need this to work :(

First photo

Ok see the ugliness....i dont know how i ended up like this...this is awful. My husband still manages to tell me i am pretty though...

Happy new year!!

Happy new year to everyone! Ihope this year will help us all believe more and more in our selves and i really want to be a bit selfish and say: i decided that s it i want to have it i want to do it....the PS appointment is getting closer it s on the 6th and i am very scared but excited and i dont know how will i come up with 5000$ before july but i will work more and more...please cross your fingers for me

Wow! I saw my surgeon today!

Wow. I still cannot believe that today i finally saw my surgeon. He was calm sure of himself and explained everything I needed to know about the procedure. But i was a bit disappointed because i have been reading here that there are a lot of people who say they are going to have several procedures like for example a tummy tuck along with lipo or a tummy tuck with a breast lift etc. My doctor told me that he prefers NOT combining two procedures at the same time because lipo and tummy tuck done together might give more complications related to healing and stuff like that. So basically the plan is to loose (try to loose) 15kg from now till end of June and i will have my operation in July and then, a year from that we can decide weither i need lipo or not. Y a year?? Because my Doc said it takes up to a year for a tummy tuck to be fully into place ( swelling gone etc ) & then we can decide on which areas to target with lipo then the final results will be clear and it would be more efficient. Even though i wanted to get it over with, i think he might be right and i wonder how everybody is doing several surgeries together....i mean i am confused but i see logic in what he said. The cost will be 5000$ with a 2 nights stay in the hospital he said i needed muscle repair too because alparently my two pregnancies stretched my belly muscles (i read this will be painfull .... Omg!) and he also told me that the reason why the upper belly is protruding that much is because i also have fat around my intestines (i think this is a serious health issue right?) and this is my part of the work while everything else is his job (exactly his words)....so...what do u think?? I have a target now ... 6 months to go .... Please God help me with my weight loss journey it is going to be tough .... Oh by the way, i cannot describe the feeling of shame and disgust and ugliness i felt when he asked me if he could take a look at my belly & when he actaully held my lower jell-o belly with his hand,,,i was soooo ashamed: it s as if i was nakeda and revealing all my self in front of this perfect stranger...no one touches the belly even i dnt dare to touch it...and now it s getting more real....6 months and it will be gone for ever ... oh and i still don t have the money and no one covers plastic surgeries here ....so i have to raise the 5000$ in 6 months ..... Im keeping my high hopes that everything will work lut for me eventually. Oh and i have a big patch of vitiligo on the right side of my belly so the great news is that it will all be cut and it will dissapear!!!!!! Oh wow .... I dont know what more to write! I took my hubby with me and afterwards he said: but u know Lama??i dont even see the belly!!!! I see you! It was one of the nicest things he ever said to me... As a matter of fact i am going to give him a biiiiiig hug right now... Cross your fingers for me dear friends and if u have any piece of advice plz shoot it at me. I ll try to take more pics of THE BELLY soon and post them!

Good Luck LumLum, I'm 2 weeks postoperative and feeling like a new woman. We ALL will be here for you when you have your surgery too! :)
Get a second option before u pick a doctor. I'm getting mine at a teaching hospital and they do lipo with it.
Please start loving yourself now. Your bell or weight define you. Yes this surgery is worth every penny you save, I think you will have a beautiful result and still have a sexy curvy look! Do it girl. My doctor won't do lipo and tt together either. So I did a little bit on upper belly during my BR, and that's it. I will NEVER be thin, ever. So accepted it, I enjoy my curves, I did surgery on what diet and exercise would never fix, now the rest of the way I look is up to me. I felt soooo much excitement when I saw women paying big money to have a butt like mine! I will pray everything works out for you girl! I know one phrase in Arabic, Keiv Halik I will be here cheering for you!
Wow good luck to you It will be the best thing ever!! I'm 4weeks post op and soo happy
Wow all sounds like its moving along now. Your husband sounds like a gem! Posting your weight and goals here certainly makes you accountable. With the encouragement from all your friends here it will keep you motivated. My only advice to you is try not to do any fad diets. The temptation to practically starve yourself for quick weight loss will be immense. But you dont want to deprive your body of certain vitamins and minerals. A good nutritionally balanced diet will keep your body at its healthiest for your surgery. Im on 1200 calories (most of the time lol) and managing to lose a lot of weight. My meals and snacks cover all the food groups your body needs.
Oh and of cause with a lot of fad diets as soon as you go off it you will start gaining again...and we dont want that, we dont want to ruin our new tummys! Its all about portion control and exercise, although if anyone knows of a mircle pill i will take all that back lol
You are 100% right i am actually dieting with the help of a dietician not alone and she s making sure i am taking a bit of everything at every meal...thank you so much for the positive energy you bring to me luv u even if i dunno u hehehe
Your welcome. And you do know me...im your your rs friend lol
(K)
good luck with your weight loss journey! i would definitely recommend a ketogenic diet, as that was how i lost the majority of my weight- the first 30 lb (13.6 kg) came off in two months. and i've been able to maintain it for almost two years. :)
Thank you but what is that ketogenic diet????
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet you can find more information about keto online if you google it.
Not sure how things work over there, but you may want to consider a breast reduction too. I had both done and my insurance paid for the top half, so I just paid for the TT. Please don't be offended, but my breasts were similar to yours and that surgery is pretty easy and really makes a huge difference in the way you look and feel. I went into this for my breasts, but then realized I would look like a pear if I didn't do the tummy too. Whatever you do, good luck!
Hey tx fr ur advice but why breast reduction? I didnt get it i mean why do u advise me to do so???
Yay for you. Good on you!
Happy new year dear go ahead we all have one life and we all wana look good and feel happy about our self , I had same feelings long back but yes as my date is coming near I m getting more n more sure . Go ahead . All the best
Mwah good luck
You have to remember that he fell in love with someone who was already struggling with their weight, you and your body gave him beautiful children. Why would he not love you now exactly the way you are. This is something you will be doing for you. We need to remember that. Of cause he will benifit simply from you being a happier more confident you!
Yes you are 100% right ... Let s hope i can raise the money
It can definitley cost a fair whack. Im having mine overseas. Its half as much as here in australia. I mean seriously half! But i also know people who have done it there as well so i feel at ease with my decision to have it done out of the country.
I am too afraid to travel to do this no one can come with me. U know in my country its unsafe at the moment
Ps to the previous message - I think our men folk find it hard when we are in pain or miserable. You will need to work out your approach to this together.
Hehehe he is scared i guess because he did not want me to go throught hat gastric bypass and i did and it was a complete failure and now he s afraid i d go through the same thing...i hope things will be fine!!thank you for taking the time to write .... Im feeling down so any words help at this stage
Hi LumLum - you sound like you have a very loving and supportive husband. My hubby never once made me feel unloved as I' ve struggled with my weight and tummy over the years. When I left the hospital, he had a smile on his face and said 'You look good'. I wish you all the best on your journey.