Swelling Does Go Down! - Lebanon

Really short post to tell those of you suffering...

Really short post to tell those of you suffering with swelling of thick skin after rhinoplasty, that it does go down! It just take A LONG time and happens gradually.

Would I do it again knowing how bad I looked after? No!
But now that I have done it I feel it was worth it! I know that sounds strange but if I had known how bad I would look for 3-4 months I probably would never have got it done but at the same time my face looks so much better now.

Anyway after 3-4 months of extreme swelling it did start to go down and by 9 months I went back to my surgeon and had my nostrils reduced slightly (alar base reduction). My nostrils are still slightly asymmetrical and my nose is not perfect but it looks okay. I have considered revision to drop the tip which is still too upturned but like I have said i do not want to go through another surgery and endless swelling!

I'm attaching pictures to help those of you suffering to know that it does get better.
Dr Hamdan

Thanks for sharing. It's so hard to see past the swelling. How long did it take for you to get your smile back? Wondering if it makes a difference with thick skin also?
Thank you for sharing!!! My tip swelling has been really getting me down. I have saved your pictures to remind me xx
Glad to be able to give others hope as it can get depressing waiting for swelling to subside!
Your nose looks terrific. It is a struggle if you have thick skin. It will def. excersise your patience. But, Im glad to see there was light at the end of the tunnel. i'll come back to this post when I need reminding ...sigghhh ... lolol
Your nose looks great from the pictures you posted.
Thank you!
Thanks for your honest review! I appear to have similar swelling at 3 months. I love the angle of my nose (profile look) but when you get to the tip of my nose, it looks like a massive blob. I hope to have a similar experience such as yours. Congrats, your 2 year photos look great!
Thank you! I'm sure yours will go down too.
i feel that my nose like full of water no shape until now :( i will be three months
At 3-4 months my nose still looked pretty swollen. It does take time.
Your nose is beautiful. It fits your face. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! No problem. Reading others stories helps but I never found any pics showing extreme swelling like mine so wanted to show others how bad it can be and what a difference time makes!

That is very thoughtful of you to let others know that swelling isn't forever. You look really pretty and I can understand why you wouldn't want to go through another revision. I think the healthiest thing is to expect improvement, but not perfection, which is sounds like you have. Thanks again for sharing!

Thank you. I found it difficult to cope with the swelling I experienced and also couldn't find anyone who looked quite as bad as me in post-op pics!
Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your experience!
Thank you!
I am four weeks post-op and my nose is so swollen and my tip is crooked. Seeing your pics and reading about your sweeling made me feel a bit more hopeful that my swelling will go down. I have been so depressed that my nose is starting to look bulbous just like before the surgery. I hope I have the same reduced swelling outcome that you did. Thanks for sharing!
I was also really depressed afterwards. I'm sure yours will improve too.
Thank you for your kind comments! I did want to go and consult with Bassim Matti in London but I couldn't afford him! It was Dr Ashraf Hamdan in Beirut.
Beautiful and harmonically shaped nose. May I please ask which Dr Hamdan? There are namely a few Dr. Hamdans in Beirut.
really u look nice and more cute iam 2 months and half and iam still very swellen >> i hate my face how its look like >>so ugly right now ...i have to be patient more :(
I hope your swelling is going down. I'm sure you do not look as bad as I did :-)
You look great now !! They say time is a healer and it's true
Thank you! So very true!