After Too Much Botox Injected in the Crows Feet...all my Face Went Down - Lebanon, OK

Hello This is my experience with botox. I think...

Hello
This is my experience with botox. I think its long….but it's worth reading it...It took a quite effort it to write it down… but this is to help other girls not to fall in the same mistake.

I once read that there is something called botox that, if injected between the eyebrows, prevents the 11lines. I liked the idea, especially that i really hate those traces.

I went to the first doctor. He advised me to postpone it a little since i don’t need it that much.

Few months later my friend told me she got botox and the result was nice. I wanted to try it. She took me to her doctor. He injected between the brows, and in the areas of the crows feet 3 LAYERS of botox (as he said so he can lift my brows it would be attractive!!). I attached a figure in which i illustrated the points of injections in yellow.

Few days later i started to notice:
1- An obvious increase in the volume near the edges of my mouth...i.e. in the lower part of my cheeks...and the upper parts became thinner as if the flesh has migrated down...and I started to see obviously my cheek bones (the ones on the sides- they were previously covered by flesh…don’t ask me how!!)...
2- My eyebrows went too much up, but at the same time my eyes were pulled down. This made them look round. :(((
3- Appearance of the nasolabial folds ( i didnt hv any before)
4- My smile changed + appearance of new smile lines

All my friends, family, coworkers wondered what‘s wrong in my face...I looked like as if i lost too much weight, I looked tired…sad…angry. I went to the doctor to show him what happened...he thought that the after pictures are the before pictures and vice versa. I left the Clinique crying. I went to another doctor and he explained to me what happened....the first doctor went too much down my eyes to the upper part of my cheeks which caused the muscles near my mouth to strengthen; Pulling my whole face down.
After some time, new horizontal wrinkles under my eyes appeared (the eyes were as if they are separated from the cheeks)
Now…after more than a year, as the effect of botox has gone, the muscles work again with much more wrinkles. But I’m devastated as nothing will get my cheeks up. Botox has simply sped the aging process. I dont go out at all except to my office...

A doctor told me the only solution is to fill the upper areas and to make liposuction of the flesh that has been pulled down. Im stuck here. i don’t have the courage to do anything.

I realized that I have never thanked GOD for what He has given me of beauty…I really want to grow old naturally and gracefully…but after getting my face back. I wonder if this will ever happen.

Hello, so sorry about this but I am suffering the EXACT same thing. Too much botox around eyes and by the temple area, this was done for PAIN, not for any thing else but was also happy to have less wrinkles I thought. Then about 2 weeks later, my whole face, cheeks fell. I have a naso labial fold that was never there before, my cheeks look hollow and deflated. I look about 10 years older now. I look bony. I don't know if you are planning anything like maybe a cheek lift or fillers but maybe they could plump out our hollow, bony cheeks. But then it is something you have to keep up and that's costly too. My upper lip is thinner and asymmetric. Maybe you are recovering better now. Please let me know. Best of luck to you.
Hello im afraid to tell you...that I didn't improve at all...on the contrary... im extra super depressed :)...I went to another doctor....of course, not to mention, he didn't admit that botox can do all this damage. he injected 1 resthylane in one cheek...clearly he neither understood my case nor he was experienced and the problem went worse...he injected too much in one small area of my cheek that it under the middle of my eye...it is a bit bunchy. it pulled my eye further down. I went to another dr..a famous one. He didn't offer me any solution.. He told me: where do u want to inject?? I indicated the top of cheeks....I used 2 resthylane. it was really expensive. The result would be nice if I had not the problem caused by botox....i.e the top ofcheeks are now good...but under, the hollow part increased and the edges of mouth are the same. The muscles at the two edges of my mouth, that got stronger and overworked when the upper muscles were paralyzed by botox, are still very strong.... "my cheeks look hollow and deflated. I look about 10 years older now. I look bony. My upper lip is thinner and asymmetric. " SAME HERE. Cheek lift may be it is a solution..but its not easy...and it is irreversible....botox, the simplest procedure, was a failure for us...anyway I don't think doctors will accept to do the cheek lift as we are not old
Hello, can I ask you if your Restylane is still presently in your cheeks or did it dissolve? I am thinking about doing the same thing. Where exactly did they inject it? It is something that you have to keep doing every 6 months or so I think. Now I am scared but don't want to live with these hollow cheeks. Maybe if I go to someone who is really trustworthy and a good plastic surgeon I think it may be okay. Am very depressed, don't go out much. Please be well.
i am so sorry this nightmare has happened to you. tonight i went a ladies night out at a dermatologist office.An RN does the botox/juvederm injections and i almost bought a package.yet I felt I needed to do some research.why did i ever think it was ok for a RN to do them when a DR should be doing this?I have had a really difficult time in life-suffered a terrible betrayal and I thought maybe this might make me look good and feel better. I am realizing that God will help me and not this quick fix" that might be my nightmare-thank you for sharing
I am in the same situation, as you. I am just a year of botox and it is still "sitting" on the top of my cheeks, like a crescent over a year now, it reduced a lot but my face went down, having flat cheeks, my lower face is like a chipmunk and prominent nasolabial folds. I had the too much botox under my eye. Because of these I also have hollow eyes now. For me botox even got into my lymphatic system. What I was told is that my muscles, nervs, cells needs time to go back to normal, even if you are young. What I have tried so far is Guna Biolifting homeopathy stuff in it that helps circulate more your lymphatic system wakes up you cells.The other thing is: try Take Ten facelift or Ultratone Facial plus that helps training your face muscles. You will need more sessions of these, and will take time to see improvement, but these are still alternatives to fillers. At least for me. Don't give up!
Hi Brightcrystall...Sorry for being late..i was a bit busy...and thank u for sharing ur story...and for ur advice...How poor we are! a lot of people have done plastic surgeries...while we.. a little botox had turned our lives upside down. U said : "What I was told is that my muscles, nervs, cells needs time to go back to normal," How much time do u mean? Where i can i find the guna stuff? are they really reliable? and finally about the ultratone facelift..is this what u mean::http://instantfaceliftreview.org/instant-face-lift-videos/ultratone-rejuvenating-face-lift-demonstration/ frankly...The only thing that im doing now is relaxation....bcoz stress will increase the wrinkles....im trying not to think about it..not to look at the mirror...and to be optimistic...till when ill be like this?? i donno
your situation breaks my heart :o( I am praying for you
thanks. i really need your prayers...im not good at all... i was just seeing my pics immediately before botox...they seem as if they are 10 years back...
I recently had a lower bleph in mid February. I thank God that my eye shape and size has not changed--I've heard that can happen. But when I look at myself in the mirror, I can see that the changes my doctor promised did not take place. I still have tons of wrinkles. He said I should give it at least 6 months to see the full results, but when I pressed him about it, he finally admitted that the wrinkles will not improve, and that he had probably been too conservative when removing excess skin. The strange thing is that he my left eye looks worse than my right eye, even though he claims that he did more work on the left eye....He offered to fix it for free, but I don't like the idea of having another surgery.
Arent u convinced now that aging in a smooth way without human intervention is the best thing?? but we live in a world that gives so much importance to the external look especially for women... It's not wrong that we take care of ouselves, but some doctors lie and make false promises just to gain money...and others do mistakes that turn our lives to hell... I understand ur fear...try to accept urself as u r now...if u cant.i suggest u take the opnions of as many doctors as u can..and always thank God..it could have been worse
yes, you're right of course, and I have indeed thanked God that my outcome was okay. Truth be told, I had gone through all of this because I have a husband who is 7 years younger than me, and in the past he has made shallow, careless comments to me about my appearance. It has caused me to get depressed and to take a harsh look at myself in response. What didn't bother me before about my looks, suddenly became an obsession. I had gotten a mini face lift and a lower bleph to feel better about myself. I do look better, but I am also in debt now. I am thankful that nothing went wrong in both surgeries, but I also do not like the fact that my looks bothered me so much that I had to do something so drastic and I now face the next couple of years paying off this debt. I have since learned to focus on loving myself and appreciating myself. I have also renewed my relationship with God, which in turn has woken me up to a lot of imbalance in my life, namely, my suffering that was caused by a need to please a shallow man. Since I have done this, my relationship with my husband have changed. He treats me differently, with respect. I don't know where this all will lead me, but I believe that God can take any situation and turn it around for the better.
Yes ur right...God will never leave us.. what do u mean by mini face lift? how it was done
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't notice that you had sent a msg. to me. For my minilift, the doctor did incisions behind each ear, in my hair--the scar is not visible, because my hair hides it. He tightened the facial muscles so that my cheeks are high again, and the eye area looks refreshed. But the main reason why I wanted a mini lift was that he said it could help with the wrinkles under my eyes. Well, it didn't. I have an overall more youthful appearance, but the issue that I really wanted to address was the wrinkles under my eyes. So, I took it a step further by getting a lower bleph w/ muslce sling. However, the doctor was to conservative on removing the excess baggy skin under my eyes. Whenever I didn't smile, I looked okay, more youthful, but when I smiled the wrinkles were still there, and in fact, it seemed to be more obvious since the rest of my face looked youthful. So he did a free revision on me yesterday, by removing more skin. So I'm pleased to say that I look much better, and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth! I am very happy with my results, and can hardly wait till its completely healed, because he said that throughout the healing process I should see continued improvement.
oops..thats surgery! im too coward to do it...how old r u?
I will and I have been praying for you. All of the ladys who has been victim to botox has been in my prayers. I have cancelled 3 appointmennts because im scared of the words... Theres nothing we can do but surgery... Ive gotten that from an eye dr. and from the one who administered the botox to me. I dont want surgery. praying you will have good news thursday!
Thanks a lot...i found someone who feels with me other than my family. Anyway i'll tell u whats gonna happen...
I have an appointment with a doctor on Thursday..Pray for me...I wish thereis a solution for this
Hi, it hasnt been a yr. Yet for me, only nine months. I gave terrible bags under each eye. my cheeks has also been deflated from botox. Ive prayed every day for healing. such a simple procedure has caused me so much pain and brokeness. I could deal with the cheek problem, its these bags that keeps from wanting to look at myself in the mirror. God bless

Its unfortunate you had such a bad experience with Botox. Thank you so much for choosing to share all of this with us. It was especially thoughtful of you to take the time to create an illustration so we could see your injection points.

I hope things only continue to improve from here on out for you!