49yr Old Mommy of Two Taking A Walk to the Flat Side! - Leawood, KS

Hi Ladies! I am so glad that I found this site....

Hi Ladies!
I am so glad that I found this site. I have been on a weight journey of some kind all of my life, and I am FINALLY at a place where I feel comfortable with the weight that I am. With that being said, I am having a TT with lipo and a bra line back lift on September 19th. I can hardly contain myself, but luckily current obligations are keeping me focused, and not obsessing about having a flat tummy! As a lot of you know, from me reading your stories, there is always a casualty of the weight loss war; our stomachs loaded with residual fat and skin. Looking at your amazing pictures I think I might have the biggest gut to get rid of. I will post pics soon to get your perspective if you don't mind. At my highest, I weighed 376 pounds. I currently weigh 254lbs at 5'6". I am working to lose another 30lbs before my surgery. I think my only fear is not getting the hour glass shape I crave. I am so tired of looking like Sponge Bob's sister Sponge Betty! But I will pray that Dr. Cannova will utilize his very best skills for me to get a great result. I think this is all for now. Will post again soon with pics.

As Promised, My Temporary Truth!

Hi Beautiful Ladies,
I have posted pictures of myself in my current state! Woooooo! Lot of rolls & butter! The scars on my belly are from a radiator burn as a child and multiple surgeries. Scars in my side breasts are from a breast reduction from 1991. The back lift will address that spillage. I have to wait for the thigh lift and brachioplasty, but the loss of gut will make me happy for now.

photo

Heading Home This Week!!!

Good evening RS Sister's,
I wanted to check in. I've been seeing some amazing transformations! I wish you all safe and speedy recoveries. You are all inspirational and a wealth of knowledge for me. For the last six weeks I have been in Texas on business. I have been missing my kids like crazy and ready to get home to them. I am very excited to be leaving as I have not been motivated to work out, and I got a lot of work to do when I get home. I want to lose 25 - 30lbs plus the additional 10 that I gained while here, before i have my surgery in September. Not too worried about the extra ten as I know I will drop it quick once I get back to my normal routine. I am anxious though about getting a good result. I have an excellent surgeon, but I have a lot of "MEAT" to get rid of and I don't want to end up with a box shape like I already have. I am going to stay positive and trust in my doc's skills, and my own ability to drop some more weight. I have NEVER had a flat tummy or small waist, and I pray that I will get it with my surgery. I will continue to post pics as I have received positive feedback from other ladies my size and shape who are having a hard time envisioning what a result will look like because there are not many photos like us. I don't mind being the guinea pig, if others feel more comfortable and at ease. Well, that's all for now. God bless!

Two Weeks From Today, I Will Be on the FLAT SIDE!!!!!

Hello RS Sisters! I am getting even more excited and anxious as my surgery date gets closer. The thought of no longer having all of this skin and fat on my belly and back is so surreal as they have been with me pretty much all my life. I just want to be able to put on a bra or a fitted top and not have to worry about spillage. Even though I have a high degree of self-confidence I still know there are areas that are lacking and they are all centered around this disproportionate body. I am in the process of getting things ready for my transformation. The best part is that not only am I going to be a new person physically, but I will be transferring to a different division at work that I think will be a great opportunity and adventure. So if you have advice or tips that helped you through the process, please share with me. This inquiring mind needs to know! Supplies? Equipment? Food? Supplements? Garments? Whatever you have, I'm open. Prayers to all of the ladies and gentlemen who are having their procedures today.

Today Is Flatside Day!

Good morning RS. It's time for me to head out to the hospital for surgery. Excited, nervous, scared, but ready! I'll post later when I can!
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Thinking of you today!
Good Luck!!
Can't wait to see you!
Thinking about you this morning! Sending you hugs and happy healing!
Just a few more days!
Yay! I remember how excited I was when my time got so close! I am 1 month post-op and feeling pretty good. I bought a bunch of supplies prior to my surgery, but posted a review of what I actually found the most useful on my profile if you want to take a look! Number one recommendation from me is a shower stool! Good luck this week - I will be checking on ya!
Wow am so happy for u! !! I know u anxious I can't wait to see ur results! !
Hey girl! Just checking in on you! Hope you're getting excited!!
I'm through the roof with excitement! I wish it were happening yesterday!
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I will be following you. I am losing weight too...ugh...work so hard at it, but it goes soooo slow. It will be worth it.
Wow!! Congrats on your weightloss!! I know the struggle, smh It's so hard. Thanks for sharing your pics also, I will be following your journey, make sure to keep us posted!!
You and I are much alike! I am 5'8", highest weight of 373 and currently 265. Hoping to lose 30 before my surgery as well. I plan to have an extended tummy tuck, breast lift and a kind-of bra line lift. My stomach area is very large! I like being plus size, I just want to look more curvy! I'm excited to keep up with your journey!
Thank you, Angerra. As you can see my stomach is very large and I always have had a gut. When I gain right to the tummy it goes and when I lost, very little was lost in that area. Sounds like we are very similar. I will continue to post pics because I think it will be helpful to others. There are not many pictures showing pannis' as large as mine so that I can get an idea of what the result could look like. My biggest fear is not getting close to an hourglass figure. I too don't mind being plus size. Although being a size 12/14 in my eyes is MODEL HOT!!!!! LOL!!!!
I couldn't agree more. I don't find many people on here with a stomach area as large as mine. I'd be happy at a size 16. And I think after this surgery, I should be there. Hopefully! I'll post my befores soon. We can represent for the big bellied gals together! Lol
I'm down for that. I am in Dallas for 4 more weeks of training for work, and its killing me 'cause the food is unbelievably good. Prepared by chefs and FREE!!! So I got a glimpse of my belly in the mirror this morning......... TRUST and BELIEVE I was sweating it in the gym tonight and only had a large garden salad with a 4 oz piece of blackened Mahi Mahi for dinner! So I am not going to go bananas again!
1st off let me CONGRATS you thus far on your WEIGHT LOSS!!!! =))))) Welcome to the Journey!!! I'm so glad that I find this site as well too...it gave me so much in-site and I've meet some wonderful ladies.... Always continue to push yourself no matter what....some days will be harder than others..but keep it pushing at all times...bc in the end...it will count towards your desire goal!!!
Awesome, believe it or not I have the same problem areas as you, and I am considering having work done. I am currently researching procedures and will start interviewing surgeons soon. May you be blessed and achieve the results you desire.
Congratulations, Sangin, on your weight loss and up-coming reconstruction surgery. You have the right attitude to keep working out and eating right to lose more prior to surgery. I can't help but wonder if an intestinal bypass procedure wouldn't benefit you more initially and then take care of the lose skin and the plastic surgery later. Just curious.
Thanks Etheiral. I actually had the Lap-Band, and unfortunately for me and many other African Americans, it didn't work so well. I even was in the process of having it taken out and going for the sleeve, but after losing my health insurance for a while it forced me to (WO)MAN UP, and handle the issue myself. I can go for the TT now, but I prefer to drop 30 more for a BETTER result. I have never been and never will be model thin, so after the TT I will be around a size 12. I am an 18 now because of all the skin. My bird legs can actually fit into 14/16's. I would think I am the finest thing since sliced bread as a size 12! Please keep encouraging me and making suggestions because it is ALL helpful to me.
Really? I didn't know that the lap-band procedure was not agreeable to AA. I had my tt 6 years ago, but my ps didn't do so much lipo and the areas he suctioned were only partially vacuumed, which means fat came back to those places. I just resumed my workouts after being a full time student for 2 years and it's hard sometimes, but I'll stick with it. Good for you. I truly hope your surgery brings you added self-esteem and you strut yo stuff, Sista, in those size 12s.
Thanks! I wish the same for you! We are WOMAN, hear us ROAR! LOL!
Awesome!! Cannova is doing my Mommy Makeover on May 16th!
That's great! He is an awesome surgeon. I can't wait to see your results.