49yr Old Mommy of Two Taking A Walk to the Flat Side! - Leawood, KS

Hi Ladies! I am so glad that I found this site....

Hi Ladies!
I am so glad that I found this site. I have been on a weight journey of some kind all of my life, and I am FINALLY at a place where I feel comfortable with the weight that I am. With that being said, I am having a TT with lipo and a bra line back lift on September 19th. I can hardly contain myself, but luckily current obligations are keeping me focused, and not obsessing about having a flat tummy! As a lot of you know, from me reading your stories, there is always a casualty of the weight loss war; our stomachs loaded with residual fat and skin. Looking at your amazing pictures I think I might have the biggest gut to get rid of. I will post pics soon to get your perspective if you don't mind. At my highest, I weighed 376 pounds. I currently weigh 254lbs at 5'6". I am working to lose another 30lbs before my surgery. I think my only fear is not getting the hour glass shape I crave. I am so tired of looking like Sponge Bob's sister Sponge Betty! But I will pray that Dr. Cannova will utilize his very best skills for me to get a great result. I think this is all for now. Will post again soon with pics.
Awesome!! Cannova is doing my Mommy Makeover on May 16th!
That's great! He is an awesome surgeon. I can't wait to see your results.

As Promised, My Temporary Truth!

Hi Beautiful Ladies,
I have posted pictures of myself in my current state! Woooooo! Lot of rolls & butter! The scars on my belly are from a radiator burn as a child and multiple surgeries. Scars in my side breasts are from a breast reduction from 1991. The back lift will address that spillage. I have to wait for the thigh lift and brachioplasty, but the loss of gut will make me happy for now.

photo

You and I are much alike! I am 5'8", highest weight of 373 and currently 265. Hoping to lose 30 before my surgery as well. I plan to have an extended tummy tuck, breast lift and a kind-of bra line lift. My stomach area is very large! I like being plus size, I just want to look more curvy! I'm excited to keep up with your journey!
Thank you, Angerra. As you can see my stomach is very large and I always have had a gut. When I gain right to the tummy it goes and when I lost, very little was lost in that area. Sounds like we are very similar. I will continue to post pics because I think it will be helpful to others. There are not many pictures showing pannis' as large as mine so that I can get an idea of what the result could look like. My biggest fear is not getting close to an hourglass figure. I too don't mind being plus size. Although being a size 12/14 in my eyes is MODEL HOT!!!!! LOL!!!!
I couldn't agree more. I don't find many people on here with a stomach area as large as mine. I'd be happy at a size 16. And I think after this surgery, I should be there. Hopefully! I'll post my befores soon. We can represent for the big bellied gals together! Lol

Heading Home This Week!!!

Good evening RS Sister's,
I wanted to check in. I've been seeing some amazing transformations! I wish you all safe and speedy recoveries. You are all inspirational and a wealth of knowledge for me. For the last six weeks I have been in Texas on business. I have been missing my kids like crazy and ready to get home to them. I am very excited to be leaving as I have not been motivated to work out, and I got a lot of work to do when I get home. I want to lose 25 - 30lbs plus the additional 10 that I gained while here, before i have my surgery in September. Not too worried about the extra ten as I know I will drop it quick once I get back to my normal routine. I am anxious though about getting a good result. I have an excellent surgeon, but I have a lot of "MEAT" to get rid of and I don't want to end up with a box shape like I already have. I am going to stay positive and trust in my doc's skills, and my own ability to drop some more weight. I have NEVER had a flat tummy or small waist, and I pray that I will get it with my surgery. I will continue to post pics as I have received positive feedback from other ladies my size and shape who are having a hard time envisioning what a result will look like because there are not many photos like us. I don't mind being the guinea pig, if others feel more comfortable and at ease. Well, that's all for now. God bless!
Hey girl! Just checking in on you! Hope you're getting excited!!
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I will be following you. I am losing weight too...ugh...work so hard at it, but it goes soooo slow. It will be worth it.
Wow!! Congrats on your weightloss!! I know the struggle, smh It's so hard. Thanks for sharing your pics also, I will be following your journey, make sure to keep us posted!!

Two Weeks From Today, I Will Be on the FLAT SIDE!!!!!

Hello RS Sisters! I am getting even more excited and anxious as my surgery date gets closer. The thought of no longer having all of this skin and fat on my belly and back is so surreal as they have been with me pretty much all my life. I just want to be able to put on a bra or a fitted top and not have to worry about spillage. Even though I have a high degree of self-confidence I still know there are areas that are lacking and they are all centered around this disproportionate body. I am in the process of getting things ready for my transformation. The best part is that not only am I going to be a new person physically, but I will be transferring to a different division at work that I think will be a great opportunity and adventure. So if you have advice or tips that helped you through the process, please share with me. This inquiring mind needs to know! Supplies? Equipment? Food? Supplements? Garments? Whatever you have, I'm open. Prayers to all of the ladies and gentlemen who are having their procedures today.
Just a few more days!
Yay! I remember how excited I was when my time got so close! I am 1 month post-op and feeling pretty good. I bought a bunch of supplies prior to my surgery, but posted a review of what I actually found the most useful on my profile if you want to take a look! Number one recommendation from me is a shower stool! Good luck this week - I will be checking on ya!
Wow am so happy for u! !! I know u anxious I can't wait to see ur results! !

Today Is Flatside Day!

Good morning RS. It's time for me to head out to the hospital for surgery. Excited, nervous, scared, but ready! I'll post later when I can!
Congrats!! Can't wait to see update photos.
So happy for you!! Can't wait to see the magic your surgeon worked! Congrats to you girl!!!!
Hi ladies! I am doing very well now. Had to get a couple of units of blood, because my hemoglobin dropped very low. Surgery started at 8:15am AND DR. Cannova was done by 11:30. He took off 11 pounds in the front and, 4pounds from the back, and 2 pounds from LIPO. I feel great. Not much pain meds. I have a high tolerance for pain. I believe the percocet was making me itch like crazy so I didn't want it much. I have the cutest belly button ever.I am going to try to get some pictures today. Bare with me, SUPER SWELL HELL going on, but, I am going to be FLY when all is said and done. Front incision is super low. Not a whole lot of draining, so I hope I can get the drains out in a week or two. They are not bothering me either, thank goodness. Let me know if you have questions. Oh, my weight the morning of surgery was 266.

A Few Pics

Here are a few pics. Hard to stand up for long. I will need a tiny bit more work on the right side of my boob. All in all very pleased. I can picture the result in my head. I look pregnant because of swelling.
You look fabulous!
Thank you my friend! I wanted to look good like you, and he did not disappoint! love my belly!
Hi! So I was just reading your profile....wow you're an inspration! I am hoping to get my yummy tuck and arm lift next month! So I have a question for you. In your tuck did he have to do muscle tightening? Also, the price you listed($4,402)...did it include everything?

Saw Dr. Picasso today.he is VERY pleased with my results so far. Was able to get my back drains out. Incisions look fabulous! I'm through the roof excited. Here are some more pics.

Looking gooooood girl!
Wow love ur stomach!
Thanks Deetampa! The pictures do not do the transformation justice! He said once the swelling subsides, it will be even smaller and shapelier!

Two Weeks Post OP!

Good morning Beautiful Ladies of RS! Today is my 2 week post OP, and I am in pure SWELL HELL. I am posting pics, but they really make it look worse than what it is. I actually have some "curverasation" going on! I'll try to take some with my iPad. They seem to be more true to life than this camera. Doc is pleased with my progress. All drains gone, BB stitches out. I think it's so cute. I have a superficial sore on my incision above the mons. Doc said just use TAO. I had to have the drain area from the right boob drained as it collected a pocket of fluid after the drain was removed. Doc suggested continuing to let it drain as it does not look worrisome, but to call if there is ANY change with it. Still very pleased. I put on my first bra yesterday and for the first time in decades, I had no spillage!!!!!! Really pleased with that!
I know you are so happy! You are looking great! I know the swelling sucks...I am right there with ya. But the end result - yep! Gonna be awesome! Hugs and happy healing!

Couldn't Resist the New Underwear Shots! Tee Hee Hee!

I'm tickled pink! Everyday I can see my curves emerging and the swelling subsiding. Here are some pics so I can track my progress and encourage other ladies who had a significant apron and back like mine. I'm so excited for all of our futures full of renewed hope!
You look great! Best wishes with your recovery
Hi hun, I am very happy for yur success!!! I live in Charlotte NC and I have been wanting to get myself together after having four children. I know you are feeling good right now ;-) I am hoping by 2015 I can do this. I need to get anutha 50 lbs off which will put me around 220 lbs. Plz keep me posted. Love yur look! !!
Thank you! One day at a time! It is so worth the investment and I look forward to following your journey!

Tomorrow Will Be Three Weeks Post OP! Pics to Celebrate!!!!!!!

Hi RS Sisters! Here are my 3 week pics. You can still see the swelling, but I am so much more defined in the morning. I can't believe how well he contoured my waist. Unfortunately you can't see it in these pics because they were taken during SWELL HELL! I'm still happy. It will just take time to get to the end result. Happy healing, and good luck for those still waiting their flat side dates!
How you healing?
Wooooowza! Girl... It's happening! Look at that body shaping up! Gorgeous! Hang in there, the swelling is the worst. Lovin your new pics. You gotta be SO happy!
Congrats! You look great!
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cannova is a true compassionate and caring doctor. I have felt like I was in good hands from day one, and I always knew that he would be my surgeon of choice after I had lap band surgery. He has lived up to his reputation for being meticulous about his work. The nurses refer to him as Dr. Cassonova, but to me he is Dr. Picasso!!!!! I have never has a flat tummy and back and to have it even close to flat, I am extremely grateful and humbled to be able to feel like a proportionate woman for once in my life. The staff was great, Dr. Rast was fantastic as well as he followed up with me before I left the hospital. Two big thumbs up to Dr. Cannova and his team as well as the Mennorah Medical Center Staff!