Revision Nose Job - League City, TX

Dr. Athre is a good doctor, he is very humble...

Dr. Athre is a good doctor, he is very humble person, love his energy. Going for my surgery (Revision) this week, I am kinda scared of course but I trust him and his stuff. I am sure that all this stress will disappear as soon as I get to his office. I will let yall know about my experience this time and probably post a picture( before and after).

My original nose

This picture was from 2 years ago before my 1st surgery.

Before pictures

That's how I looked before my surgery.

Pictures During surgery.

I didn't have any bad bruises because I don't consume alcohol. I had mild bruises around my eyes but not bad at all.
I had a bad headache and had hard time breathing. it was horrible. other than that the surgery went well and I didn't have any complaints

After my 1st surgery

2 or 3 weeks later

Later after my surgery

one side is bigger then the other one due to scar tissues.

Surgery #2

The surgery went really good. I was hesitating at first because I didn't want to leave my 5 months old baby. the surgeon was very nice, the surgery was on time. I felt like home.
the surgeon told me that he would not surprise me with anything, and that he would tell me everything he is doing. I was awake the whole time, listening to music and doctor talking to the nurse. I might felt one of two numbing needles other then that everything was fine. I know its funny but when it comes to my body everything that touches me I freak out. so you might have even better experience than me. my husband came to see me after surgery, I looked at him with a big smile, he was like WHAAAAT!

Pictures

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

i hope everything is going ok and you are healing well. Look forward to seeing an update from you :)
How are you doing taninana?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Can't wait to see updated photos/update.
It's hard to believe how your first surgeon messed up. All you needed was a shortening of the septum with suturing and cephalic rotation of tip, rasping of bridge and maybe a slight shortening of the lower lateral cartilage. It just seems like your primary surgeon was either really inexperienced or couldn't understand the anatomy of your nose. But the fact that he didn't attempt to open the nose-lip angle shocks me, when it is obvious that for a good result you needed that angle to be higher. Altogether the revision is looking good and it looks you might have a nice curve in your bridge. Time will tell I guess.
I retract the part about the curve! looks more straight.
I don't know but im so scared to look at my face after taking the bandage. I am scared to see another deformity! I pray God to see a better result this time. I really want to cry, im so irritated no one cant talk to me. I spend my whole day staring at my flowers outside. I don't talk or hear anyone talking to me. I think by Tuesday my bandage will fall by itself. I wont lie today after taking a bath some of the bandage glue came loose. I looked at my nose both side it looked ok. I didn't see the whole nose maybe like %10 of my entire nose. Please pray for me. I know i trust God and trusted my surgeon but I cant help it. I dont care doing another revision but I just think thats its too much for someone having a baby and going full time school. Summer classes are the hardest so I don't have time or any room to stress again over my nose. Today is my 5 Th. day. I don't know but i thought my nose in front isn't even but i might just be tired or my pain medicine is playing tricks on me!!!!!! I pray pray for good result.
I'm sure things will be fine ... Hang in there..
Thank you.
taninana, I just noticed your post and hope everything is going well. I'm 21 days post scar revision under my chin from your doctor which came out better than I dreamed it would, and although very different from your revision it seems to me your fear of the outcome is normal right now. Two of my family members had rhinoplasties years ago and afterward during healing they both freaked out and cried for days maybe weeks then ended up liking their result. I ended up having so many disappointing revisions under my chin that eventually I decided the best antidote was smiling big while at work to let people know I wasn't bothered by it. But people are especially cruel to women so I ended up developing new strategies for dealing with the bullies, like lying to them. If anyone got rude enough to reference the deformity I would just state I had a medical condition that was being treated. Now I really enjoy messing with rude people so you can choose to get stronger. Of course noses are much more out there but you should feel confident that if this doesn't end up the last revision the next one will be. Your doctor is one of the tops in the field. Please post pictures when things are all healed!!
Thank you so much. Im sorry to hear that u going through all that. None is perfect and i hope these people will stop being rude to you. Its sad that some people would never stop till they walk in your shoes. I dont wish anything bad to them but they should be thankfull and happy for being healthy and to thank God they should help others and support them no matter what! But you know thats our society and people think with their toes instead of their brain.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Can't wait to see your results.
Thank you :). Im kinda scared to see the swelling after but I just take it easy. We will see!!!
Can't wait to see your results. What was he using to restructure your inverted V? Cartilage grafts? Happy healing :)
Hi, i dont remember him mentioning cartilage graft!!! I would know if he did because he will need to use ( ear or rib) cartilage. Everything in place so he actually did something else. He reshaped the right side to look like the left side of my nose. He said before revision that he would get under the skin ( close incision) and get rid of the scar tissue i had in my right side this way my nose will look even and also lifted my tip cause I said that I had a excess of skin on the tip and that bothered me a lot. I think having a bump removed made all the skin drop down and Believe me its not pretty. I told him that I hate smiling and see my nose tip touches my upper lip :(. The doctor explained to me that the only thing he can do is to lift the tip a little bit and for my smile he can just do his best. Saying that we all have a little opening in the nostrils and would look wide no matter what! I just need to see no more scar tissue or the line on my left side( i believe its called inverted v). Never heard about it. I wish I had this term before to tell people and my surgeon.
Thank you for the happy healing! I appreciate it
Awesome! Sounds like he was very meticulous, and how wonderful that you did not have to use grafts :)
Grafts can be taken from the septum too which is usually the surgeon's first choice.
Taninana: if your doctor did not mention the inverted v deformity then you probably didn't have it. If you are still curious you might want to e-mail him and ask
I also am wondering if your dr mentioned if you had developed an inverted v deformity, did he tell u what he did to fix it?
Hi. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! It seems like after your first operation you developed something called an inverted v deformity. Did your doctor mention that?
Inverted v deformity. Is it bad? It can be fixed right?
The same as zxtina! When I looked at her pictures!
Don't panic! I am taking about your primary! Your revision looks good so far. Google inverted v deformity so you can see what I mean. Your second surgeon probably fixed it!
Well I think I have the same thing going on with my nose