48 years old.....Need a BREAST REDUCTION BAD!!! Pray It Get Approved!! - Houston, TX

Hi Ladies, I am to the point I can't take the pain...

Hi Ladies,
I am to the point I can't take the pain anymore!! I need a breast reduction SO BADLY. I have always had big breasts, always. All 4 of my aunties have/had over excessive breasts, and both my sisters have had breast reductions. I am hurting; my back, shoulders, neck, arms. I don't like my breasts to 'sag' so keeping them lifted up is WORK!

I went to the Dr. Friday and I didn't get a chance to see my primary Dr, I saw a NP. Well, when she saw my breasts she immediately sent over an request referral for my breasts. Yaaaa!!! I have Insurance through the State of Texas (a medical Gold Card) and because a breast reduction is an elective surgery, I have to go before the Board then they will let me know if I'm approved. I was told they would contact me within 7 to 10 business days. (I'm PRAYING I HEAR FROM THEM)

So I'm waiting, still dealing with the pain in my back, arms, shoulders, neck. I will keep you all posted when I hear something. If it's not approved, I'm going to consider another option. (maybe a loan). Something will work out!

Pray with me....thanks Ladies.

Need a BREAST REDUCTION BAD!!! Pray It Get Approved!! - Houston, TX

I hope you can get the surgery, you absolutely need it. I have also been suffering from big breast and I understand your pain, I can totally sympathize for you. In my opinion, judging your size, I think they will give it to you.
I pray they do!! I got the call today for the consultation. I'm going to plead my case and go from there. God knows I need this surgery! Thanks for understanding. 1 month to go then I should be on my way to not hurting anymore. YESSSS!!!
Wishing you the best of luck. X

47 year old....NEED A BREAST REDUCTION BAD!!

I GOT THE CALL TODAY!! Friday, March 21st!! PRAISE GOD!! I am scheduled for my consultation April 22!! I know it's a month away, but I just THANK GOD they called!! I just started a new job this Wed, so I'm going to talk with my boss and explain things to her. Prayerfully by the time I am scheduled for the surgery I'll be trained enough to work from home :-) If not, I'll just have to take the 2 weeks off without pay. I'll survive! God will work this out in my favor, He ALWAYS DOES.... just so thankful He allowed them to call.

Dr. Christi Blakkolb is who I will be seeing. I'm online now doing research on her. I pray I read nothing but wonderful things about her and her work.

I'm so excited ladies. I want to thank each and everyone of you who has been emailing me encouraging me. I am getting closer and closer to my "NEW GIRLS".... looking forward to the consultation. Prayerfully I will be approved and the surgery will be scheduled. I heard it's kind of a "you get a call one day" saying the surgery is on this day type thing. However it is, things will work out.

I'll keep you all posted and thanks again for all the luv!!
Good luck hun. I am doing the waiting game also my insurance will not cover my breast reduction so I will have to pay.
Oooh no Anewme88!! I'm so so sorry hon!! I will pray that if you try to go back through your Insurance they will pay.
glad it is all starting to happen for you. see your pic leaning forward - measure them leaning forward like that to compare after surgery

Hurting today.....

My shoulders are REALLY hurting badly today. Have a headache too!!I pray some relief is coming soon!! April 22th consult! I'm ready!!
I've seen Dr. Blakkolb also. She seems to be a really good Dr. My insurance was approved thru her . The only thing is I've not been able to find any reviews for her. Have you found anything ?
No I couldn't find anything on her. I'm going to Dr Erik Marques. I haven't pulled him up yet to see what reviews he has but a friend if mines that work there said he's really a good Dr.
I saw her at the end of February. I had no idea she was pregnant.( Congratulations to her). My surgery date with her is May 21. I see her on 4/28 for my pre op appointment. I've heard about Dr. Marques also. Do you know the size you want to go down to?

I GOT APPROVED!! Thank God!!!

Ladies......thanks for all the emails and all the encouraging words. I appreciate it so much. Went to the Dr. Dr. Blabbock and everyone was SO NICE. She's through the State of Texas. She measured my breasts, took pictures and being I just had my Mammogram she was able to see those results. She explained the pros and cons of the surgery and answered all my questions. After the exam and talk she told me she's expecting twins and wasn't scheduling and more surgeries this year!! WHAT!! So she referred me to Dr. Erik Marques and I have an appt with him May 8th to meet him and schedule. I saw a friend of mines that is a nurse at the hospital and that was very comforting. She said all the plastic surgery drs were GREAT!! She said Dr Marques get a lot of request!! So, I'm excited about May 8th. I will be at home for 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery, but thank God I can work from home during that time.

I'll update after May 8th with my surgery date!! Thank you all again for your prayers. God Bless you all.
Hello Red lady 14. How did your appointment go with Dr. Marques?
Hello. I just saw this a minute ago. I updated my profile. Thanks for asking.......
Hey lady, I hope every thing turns out for the good in your favor. I'm also in Texas, in Dallas and also I'm 47 and have had the BR surgery March 27, 2014. Go and check out my profile here on Real Self.....

**Surgery Date** July 16th

Hello Beautiful Sistahs!! I went and met Dr Erik Marques. Very nice, it
was just a brief meeting, but nice.

My appt on May 8th went great! Went in and was told that everything had been reviewed and that my surgery could be in July!! Yessss!! PRAISE GOD!! I choose the middle of July because the Resident did explain to me that my surgery could be pushed back if the operating room was needed in an emergency. That way if it was to be moved it can possibly still be in July.

The surgery was explained to me in details again, along with the pros and cons. I will stay the night in the hospital for observation, so that's always a good thing.

July 3rd I go in for my pre-op; talk to the anestelogist and sign all paperwork and go through what to do days prior to surgery. All the steps and rules. So now, it's the "waiting" game.

Pray with me that my surgery isn't postponed for a later date and that when I go on July 3rd, I'm good to go!!

Thanks my Beautiful Sistahs for your luv, support and concern.

Rough 2 days!! Headache and hurting so badly

Hello. I've had a headache and my back is hurting so badly for the past 2 days. Really, it's been hurting since last Friday; I left work early Friday and haven't been back. I'm going to go in tomorrow (Wednesday). Keep me in your prayers please, that this pain subside and that I'm able to handle it until July 16th..... I'm allergic to aspirin products, so Tylenol is my best friend.

Luv you all......
Congrats!!!! We have the same surgery date. Hope we have a speedy recovery.
Aha! I also considered Dr. Christi Blakkolb, but didn't schedule an appointment to see her at UT Health. I'm using a PS at Baylor College of Medicine right here in Houston. My surgery is just 2 days before yours. Fingers crossed to great boobz. :D
Great! Yes, I would have gone with her, but she's expecting twins, and she's not scheduling any more surgeries this year. She's very nice from speaking with her.

**Consultation is July 3rd**

I'm excited!! My consultation is July 3rd with Dr. Marques. What I've been doing to relieve some of the pain is not wear my bra where it is supporting my breasts. It's too painful when I do because they
Too big. I can barely lift my shoulder on my right side.

Please pray with me that my surgery isn't postponed. I was told that it could be being it was being done by the State. I won't be canceled, just postponed until a later date. I know God is going to allow me to have this surgery on the 16th! I need it so bad!!!
I had my surgery on the 5/21 with Dr Blakkolb . Wish I could of been a little smaller but over all I'm pleased. She is a really nice Dr. . . Absolutely excellent bed side manner. When I last seen her I was still really swollen so I'm not sure of size just yet. Only issue was removing the tape too soon on one nipple. ( pulled scab of with tape).
Oooo wrow!!, I heard she had excellent bedside manners. Great things are done. Are you still healing or are you basically healed. If I'm not mistaking I believe they can only take you down so much, because my sister says she wish she was smaller. Thank you, I'll be careful when I remove the tape. I heard Dr. Marques, was horrible with bedside manners, but an excellent Dr. Well, if I have any questions I'm asking him, I'm just going to get on his nerves, I don't care.
You look GOOD!! I'm sorry you hadn't felt ant relief soon after your surgery. Maybe you have more damage in your muscles and neck/shoulders than you thought being that your beasts were big all your life. I pray I look like you. She did a great job!!!

Surgery Confirmed!! July 16th 2014! 48 years old

Hello Everyone. I went for my pre-op and everything went great! My surgery was confirmed for July 16th, 2014!! Talked to the Dr. and he answered all of my questions. Of course I asked all of the obvious questions: what size would I be, how long would surgery take, what type of compression bra to purchase, how long would I be off work. Everything was answered.

First Answer: I would be between a medium size "C" and a full "C". PERFECT!! I don't want to be too small, but I don't want to a size "D".
Second Answer: Dr. Marques said the surgery would take about 4 hours long, and I will be able to come home that day. I would have surgery mid-day, and I should be released by 7pm that evening (if not home by then).
Third Answer: I was told to purchase a surgical bra that snap in the front. He told me to get a size "C"..... just make sure it snaps in the front. I'm going to order the one Wendy1956 has on her page. I like that one.
Fourth Answer: I should be off work for 2 to 3 weeks. He said it's best to ask for 3 weeks and I only need 2 weeks then that's great!

Now the waiting game..... I'm going to order my bras and have them ready. I have my instructions on what meds I can take and can't take over the next 2 weeks. Now just waiting. No more pain pills :-(

Please keep me in your prayers. Of course I'm nervous; excited and ready! :-)

**I'm going to download some pictures this 4th of July weekend for my before pics with different clothes on so you all can see the difference once I have the reduction. I'M SO READY!!!**
Good luck, get prune juice to drink post op to prevent constipation and have a pillow in the car for the seatbelt on the ride home. Reviews like mine let you know what to expect, successful recovery is really helped by having realistic expectations and doing the right things.
Thank you!! Yes, your site is VERY helpful. I'm gathering my things up now getting ready!! I'm looking for a surgical bra, the Dr. told me to get a size C surgical bra, so I'm in the process of that! I don't want to pay a arm and leg, BUT I knowyouget what you pay for.Hopefully I can get 2 for under $100 somewhere. I'm looking online.
Not so easy to help here as I am in the UK, hopefully some USA ladies can help.

SURGICAL BRAS! PLEASE HELP!!

My Beautiful Sistahs. I need your help! I'm not sure what surgical bra to buy for after the surgery. The Dr. told me to buy a C cup surgical bra that snap/zip in the front. I'm looking online but I need help/ suggestions. I'll come home wrapped in a binder and when they take that off I'll need my surgical bra. No underwires, snap or zip in front. PLEASE send links or the name of somewhere I can shop online to find a few. Thanks so much in advance for your help!!
RANT!!! - :) Each time I contact UT Health, Brandy and sandra tell me that Dr. Marquez doesn't do breast reductions and its so frustrating. I don't want to wait on Dr. Blakkolb and besides I saw a poster that isn't pleased post-op. What in the world? Is she some hater trying to reduce his patients or just wants him to herself? I don't get it. I see you met him and he scheduled your surgery for July. These Mfffs won't let me see him ,..... not fair! ... to make matters worse, Dr. Marquez and Dr Blakkolb are the only surgeons in my network that I would be comfortable with, based on patient reviews.
I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I believe Dr Blakkolb is not doing surgery anymore until next year. I know that Dr. Marques is doing surgeries, he did mines. What are they saying when you call the office?
Dr. Blakkolb is an excellent doctor . She reduced me as far as she safely could. She was also honest enough to say that I could go down more so we are doing a revision in dec/ jan. Overall I'm healing nicely . She is a good doctor and she has really good bed side manner. With either dr I think u will be pleased . The only thing is Dr. Blakkolb is out till Nov.

SURGERY COMPLETE! 16th, 2014

Hello Beautiful Ladies. Thank God I had my surgery Wed the 16th...here is my journey. Pre-op was the day before on the 15th of July. Went and had bloodwork done, HIV test, etc. Everything was okay. I was told to be at the hospital at 7:30am to sign in. Got there and they called me back about 10am and prepped me for surgery. Dr marked me up and ,he was SO NICE, explained everything to me, what to expect, etc. Met the Anestheselogist, OMG she was SO SO NICE. She explained EVERTHING to me, what type of meds I would be given, everything.....and the OR Nurse, She was sweet too. She make sure I was comfy waiting for things to start. I was a little nervous so the anesthesia Dr gave me a little "cocktail" to calm me. I remember waving goodbye to my dear friend and I was off! I do remember getting on the operating bed but that was all I remember. When I woke up I was in recovery and it was 5:30pm. I was asked a series of questions, and once answered, they helped me put my clothes on and I was being pushed in a wheelchair to my friends truck. I had the pillow for the ride home, but was very nauseous but never actually threw up. Got home and slept on the couch - lounger all night. My son, bless his heart, took great care of me. I am bound so tight! I can take my binder off tomorrow (Saturday). Can't wait to see Dr. Marques work. I'm going to update some before pictures then some afterwards.
Congrats. I was wrapped so tight also. It was a relief to get that thing off. Rest well
Thank you. I have been sleeping on and of all day. I have a tingle in my right breast......so its coming alive. Have a headache from the pain meds so I decided
To take done Tylenol. That helped my headache.

Updated pics

pics

Before Pics July, 2014

Before pics

After pics.....July 19, 2014

Pics after my shower.
Thank you!!! What is the FNG? Not sure. That's great Dr. Blakkolb will do a revision. I was told if i thought more should be off I could have a revision, but I love my size, everything. He did a great job and I'm satisfied.
FNG is a free nipple graft. No you didn't have one.
Wow. You look great. He did an excellent job. Did you do the FNG? I am having another surgery done in Dec. Dr. Blakkolb agrees that I can go down more. She explained to me that she went as far down as she could safely go. Other than the size issue I'm very pleased with the scaring and her bed side manner.

pictures July 20th, 2014

CONGRATS! I am 26 and just had my breast reduced May 9th. I am so grateful and loving my new C cups. I was a Double G before my surgery and my surgeon came to my rescue and now my body is looking better than ever. You go girl! You look fabulous! Enjoy your new bras!
Thank you!! I am enjoying my new "girls".....I really am, the right one is still a bit swollen, but they both feel good. I go the Dr tomorrow.
You look good girl!!

Dr. Appt went GREAT! July 24th, 2014

Hi Ladies,
My Dr. appt went GREAT!! He said everything was healing wonderful... I still have leakage under both breasts, so he doesn't want me to put anything on them until the incisions has healed completely. I heal pretty quickly after surgery, so by next week the incisions should be closed completely. He's giving me 2 more weeks off work, so the incisions can close completely. I'll be ready to go back to work by 8/11. My right breast has more swelling than the left; not a whole whole lot, but some. He said that was very normal and last week I was applying heat to it. He said the swelling would go down in time. OMG- THE ITCHING......it is something horrible!! I woke up the other morning scratching my incision.....YUK, I have to be careful not to do that again. I am taking Benedryl for the itching....so it's helping so much, just hate feeling sleepy all the time, but it's helping alot.
He took about 3 lbs off each breasts, WOW! What a BIG difference on my back and shoulders. A HUGE difference. NO MORE PAIN, THANK GOD!! I lost 10lbs since the surgery, and I feel WONDERUL! I go back to the Dr. on 8/21 for a follow-up. Once I get the OK to exercise I'm going to start walking on my treadmill, do my squats and crunches. I plan to get everything toned up by the Fall/Winter. Everybody is going to be saying:

"SHE'S A BRICK-HOUSE, SHE'S MIGHTY, MIGHTY, JUST LETTING IT ALL HANG OUT".......hahaha!!

**I'll post some pictures soon- I'm LOVING my new breasts**
I but pantyliners in my bra for the incisions under my breast. That helps me to not scratch the incision it's like a barrier.
Great idea!!! My friend Tasha that is a nurse there gave me 200 gauge and tape for the incisions. So I should be good. I change them when i see I need too.....i got to be careful with that itching. Thanks sweetie
You're welcome! And you have a very nice shape. Yes hunni a brick house. Lol! I can't weight to start back working out. I just got my belly left to work on.

Pictures July 26th, 2014

You are doing GREAT ! Nice size and shape for your Body !
Thank you Wendy sweetie. I like and love my size and shape of my new breasts. The Dr. did a great job. I have that swelling on the right side and I'm still leaking under my left breast. I'm healing......slowly but I am.
You looking good. I still have some swelling going on.

Aug 10, 2014 Update. Right breast looks bigger

Hi Ladies,
I wanted to update you on my progress. I'm still in some pain. Minimum pain and itching. It is bearable. I'm 3 weeks post, and I know I still have swelling, more on my right side, but my breast looks bigger on the right side. I go to the Dr. on Aug21st, so I'll talk with the Dr. then. The right side had healed great, the left, the incisions are still healing, around the nipple is taking longer in the left side to heal. I've heard I won't see the true results for 5-9 months, so I won't panic on the right breast as of now. I'll keep my eye, on it tho. Can you all see the difference? Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks so much!!!
Yes I can see where it is bigger. Hopefully it will go down and maybe they can just do it with lipo like you mentioned to me.
Yes that's what one of the other plastic surgeons said. They may can do lipo instead. Yes, I understand about the exercising asks bouncing all over the place. Wear a good sports bra and have at it!! That's what I'm going to do!!
Yes, I'm so happy with my decision. I need to update but I been occupied with the kids and school. I hope everything works out. One of my friends had BR surgery and may have to have surgery again because she has this hard lump that they call fat necrosis. I had it also but it went down.