Implant Removal with Lift Plus Lipo to the Love Handles - Layton, UT

I went in for my consult last Wednesday, and I'm...

I went in for my consult last Wednesday, and I'm scheduled for my explant and lift this Tuesday! I've had these guys for ten years this year, and I've hated them since day one. I'm a 36DD, and I have 300 cc's of silicone implants. In addition to the removal and lift, I'll be having lipo to my love handles! I can't even describe how excited I am about this surgery!!! I have yet to take before pictures, but I will do that within the next few days and upload them onto here.

Day Before Surgery

As I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee, my Drs. office called to give me pre-op instructions for tomorrow. My surgery has been moved back a little, which is fine. Better for my husband's work schedule anyway. I get to eat a breakfast (as long as it's eight hours prior to surgery time). I also have to drink 16oz of water four hours prior to surgery. I have to show up at 3:30 and surgery start time is 4:15. I'll take my before photos tonight and get them posted. : )

Before and Embarrassing Photos

I have to "own" what I have. My pictures make me disgusted. I've dealt with these love handles for forever! I'm so ready for them to go. My boobs with 300cc of silicone implants to saggy and sloppy. I'm praying that tomorrow my breasts with be beautiful, high, and tight, and these nasty love handles will GONE!!

Night of Surgery and I Can't Sleep

So, surgery went well! I haven't seen myself yet, as I'm waiting until my first post-op follow-up. Based on the marking my Dr did prior to surgery, it looks like I'm going to be thrilled! : ) My surgery ended being pushed back to 5:00, but I was home around 8:00! My Dr is about 10-12 mins away from my home. Recovery was pretty easy, and when I got home I ate two small plates of dressing from Easter. Although, I wasn't feeling any pain, I took a pain pill as directed by my Dr's staff. I quickly became tired and went to bed around 9:00. It's now midnight and I've been awake for about 30 mind or so. I'm not in any pain per say, but a little uncomfortable. My breast feel AMAZING! I'm able to lift my arms above my head and move around. Those aren't bothering me...yet. However, I am feeling a little discomfort where I had the liposuction. Partly due to the garment and the other part due to the procedure itself.

I'm being realistic though. I'm assuming most pain will be felt starting tomorrow. I'll update again after my post-op. I will say, my breast look very high (YES!!) and much smaller (YES!) in my little bra they sent me home in. : )

Day 4 Post-op and Feeling Discouraged

So, I've purposely not taken any after photos. I'm not thrilled with my results as of now. I know I have to be patient and that's it's still very early, but I can't help but to feel discouraged. I love the size and location of my boobs, but one is much bigger than the other. The Dr thinks there may be fluid in my right breast, but he said to keep an eye on it for now and we'll discuss it again in three weeks. They have felt great. No pain! I get a burning feeling every now and then, but overall my boobs have been super easy to manage.

My love handles are AMAZING! You can't tell in the after pictures so much because of all the swelling, but the first two days, they were perfect! Just like I'd imagined. The swelling has just started really kicking in, and was told the swelling will peek around 2-3 weeks after surgery. I'm not looking forward to that, but I'm reminding myself that it's temporary.

I haven't been sleeping well at all. Nothing due to the breasts, but everything from the lipo. The love handle area is super tender and sore. I've been off the pain meds for over 24 hours now. I'm now starting to wean myself off the ibuprofen.

Anyone else have the different size boob thing going on? Did it adjust itself on it's own after time?

Eight Days Post-Op - Suffering from the Ups and Downs

Today marks my eight days post-op, and overall I'm feeling great. I haven't taken pain meds since day three, and sporadically take ibuprofen...maybe once every other day. I went out alone yesterday for the first time. Everything went fine until I loaded my SUV with my bags then went to close the door. I'd had forgotten that I just had surgery and it felt like my boob tore! Ouch!! Needless to say, I came home and did nothing and took some ibuprofen. Other than random times like that, I almost forget about them. The only "pain" I get from my breasts is burning and itching. All my pain is from the lipo on my love handles.

I'm still bruised and my right breast still looks fuller than my left, but I'm trying to be patient. The Dr said to give it three weeks before we take another look to better determine if it's fluid or if it's the way surgery came out. If it's fluid, he's going to put a drain in. If it's due to surgery, then we'll discuss options then. I'm not sure if it's worth another surgery to "fix" it.

Here are some updated pics! I should add, I'm wearing a compression garment 24 hours a day, and of course my sports bra. The swelling from the lipo has started to take place, so the pictures show the garment marks and my swelling even. I can't wait to see how it all looks when everything heals and the swelling goes away!

Ten Days Post-Op

I woke up feeling so good today!! I spent Wednesday pouting, crying, and swollen (from lipo). Totally a down day for me. Yesterday was a good day, as I made myself get out and about. I felt great to get out of the house! Today I feel even better! The swelling is down a lot and my the bruises on my boobs are really starting to fade. I spent the morning trying on all kinds of clothes that I haven't worn in a long time and just giggled the whole time! By far, this had been the best decision I've ever made and I'm kicking myself for not making it sooner. For those of you who are feeling down, I promise, it gets better. Take it one day at a time. If you're having a down day, then have a down day. It's okay. You'll enjoy the good days that much more! Have a blessed weekend y'all!

Day 11 Post-op and Dealing with an Infection :-/

I've been kind of feeling a little more pain in my left breast the past day or two, and it turns out there's drainage. My husband and I took pictures, and I literally got lightheaded...not because of the pictures, but the smell when we pulled the tape back. It was horrible! We texted the pictures to my Dr, but he didn't seemed concerned at all. He said it was time to take the tape off and to apply Neosporin. He said that within a few days, it should start clearing up on its own. Wish me luck. I feel like this is a setback. : (

Two Weeks Post-Op Today

Overall, I'm feeling great. My energy levels are back up and I'm finally sleeping better. I am dealing with an infection on my left breast, but it is getting better. My boobs have been a little sore and burning more, but I think it's because I've been more active this past week. I'm almost to the point where I don't feel any pain at all from the lipo. I'm sore every now and then, but no pain. I'm still bummed about my right breast being bigger than my left. Im feeling self conscious about that. I'm going to continue to take it one day at a time, and then we'll see what I decided to do months down the road. I'm not sure it's worth another surgery to try and make them match. What do y'all think?

I'm still wearing the issued sports bras and my compression garments 24/7. I'm so over all that.

Four Weeks Post-op and Feeling Great!!

Today marks four weeks since my explant, lift, and lipo of my love handles. Overall, I'm feeling wonderful!! Every now and then I feel some burning around my nipple area, but I think it's the healing and scar treatment. My Dr prescribed my prescription grade scar treatment cream, and so far I LOVE it!
My right breast is still bigger and hasn't changed much. We are giving it a full three months before deciding on any plan of action. My Dr mentioned doing a very minor lipo to the right breast to match it with the left. We'll see. I'll give it until July before I make any decisions.
I'm still swelling a good bit from the lipo, but I've heard that can last months, so I'm taking it one day at a time.
I'm loving my changes, thrilled about my decision to remove the implants and to get the lift as well. I'm very happy with my thin scars. I think they'll be perfect after they begin to fade.

Thank you for your story and pictures. You look great and are an inspiration to us all going through the same.
My PS assistant said 80% of women have a difference in size after but my thought $9,000 they sould be perfectly the same size
I agree!!
Looking better every day!
Thanks! I think so too! I can't imagine what they'll look like in a month! My mindset is that they can only get better...I hope. : )
I am new to the site, but reading your story is very encouraging. I am terrified of surgery in general, but have to get my implants removed due to a carcrash, so opted for a lift too, what the heck. I have a few concerns, like drains, scarring, 4 hours of anesthesia (!), etc., so any suggestions or advice is appreciated. I will watch your progress and thank you for your bravery in posting the photos and being so up front about it. It really helps!
Hey there! So, I have my implants removed, a lift, and lipo of the love handles and I was only in surgery for two hours. I didn't have to get drains either. I'm not sure if that's personal preference from each Dr, or what. I'm not sure how my scars will turn out, however, from what I can see, they're (the scars) thin. I think once I get the tape off and start scar treatment it'll be just fine. The way I looked at it too, you eventually have to remove them anyway. You can't keep them in forever. It's been the best decision I've ever made. I love how they jiggle, how they feel, and how much lighter I feel in general. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I was scared to death prior to surgery, but I was super excited too. I was ready for a change. Good luck to you!!
How are you doing?
Hey there! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but we've been busy this weekend. My husband says the area looks better, but can still see some greenish fluid. Both breasts are much more sore today. I think it's from removing and replacing tape. I haven't touched the tape since surgery, so that's the only thing different. Overall, my breasts are looking good. Almost all the bruising is gone, and my incisions look to be minimal. As minimal as you're going to get with a lift I guess. I am starting to get tired of doing nothing. It hasn't even been two weeks! I have to wait four more to start working out or really doing anything physical. It's tough. Thank you so much for checking in on me. You're so kind. : ) I'll update Tuesday, with pictures!
Oh no problem! I was just concerned about you. From what I've read as long as the skin isn't red and hot it's just normal leaking. Doesn't that sound gross? I think the time frame you are in now was the most frustrating for me. I was starting to feel more like myself but still couldn't do much. It's so easy to get frustrated at what a slow process this is. I still battle it at 7 weeks. I just keep telling myself one day at a time! Thanks for updating! Happy healing to you!
The skin is not red or hot...anymore. It's looking much better. There's still just a little hole. It kind of looks creepy. :-/ Yes! I'm frustrated! I feel like I can do so much more than I'm doing. My husband told me early on that if we're going through with this surgery, then I have to be by the book on recovery. : )
I've read that neosporin is a bad idea for incisions. If you read the questions on here about people asking about spitting stitches a few Dr's have told why. I would do my research before putting anything on the incisions.
Your incisions ar the super short! That's awesome! I didn't have tape because of allergies but I did have drainage. Very normal from what I've read and very rarely causes problems
Hi! You look amazing! Can you tell me who your doctor was? I am in Utah also and plan to go to my original PS to remove them. I am 6 months post op.
My Dr is York Yates, and I highly recommend him! He came highly recommended to me by some of my medical friends. I was told he's the best of the best, and so far I agree. : ) Good luck to you...it's been the best decision I've ever made.
Oh my goodness you look great already! And it only gets better from here!! I'm so envious of the lipo, seven weeks of being pretty much a slug means I feel very jiggly. Lol I already tease my guys that the mini tummy tuck is next! Hope you have a great weekend!
Thank you!! The lipo was actually number 1 for me. My love handles has caused me so much insecurities. It's best the best decision I've ever made! I'm like you, since I can't workout for at least six weeks, I'm trying to nail (kind of) my nutrition. Thanks again!
After about a month mine looked closer to the same size but sill a bit disappointing I go to the dr today, we will see what he says but take time to let your self heal don't undo what the Dr did....... You do lock fantastic by the way!!!!!
Thank you! I'm still very concerned about the sizes, however, there's nothing I can do about it right now. I'm not even two weeks out, so I've got to remind myself to be patient. I totally agree with you about taking it easy and not jeopardizing what the Dr has done. Thank you again!
You look so great!!! I believe just like the lipo results you just have to be patient! Trust me I know how hard that is. You are going to do great:)
Thank you so much! The past few days have been pretty good. I'm looking forward to the final results!!
You are looking awesome! I think your breasts are looking like they are going to be fine once healed.
Thank you! They're looking better and better every day. I won't get the bandages off until the 14th of May. From there I can start scar treatment. At this point, the worst thing I'm dealing with is the swelling from the lipo. I'm not even at my peak of swelling. : (
Wow you look really great in your bathing suit picture! I see nice definition in your obliques!
Thank you! I can totally see things coming together, it's just difficult waiting for the final result. It's also going to be tough not working out for six weeks! I'm trying to nail my nutrition (kind of) to help while I can't workout. I'm very pleased with the lipo so far!