Implant Removal with Lift Plus Lipo to the Love Handles - Layton, UT

I went in for my consult last Wednesday, and I'm...

I went in for my consult last Wednesday, and I'm scheduled for my explant and lift this Tuesday! I've had these guys for ten years this year, and I've hated them since day one. I'm a 36DD, and I have 300 cc's of silicone implants. In addition to the removal and lift, I'll be having lipo to my love handles! I can't even describe how excited I am about this surgery!!! I have yet to take before pictures, but I will do that within the next few days and upload them onto here.

Day Before Surgery

As I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee, my Drs. office called to give me pre-op instructions for tomorrow. My surgery has been moved back a little, which is fine. Better for my husband's work schedule anyway. I get to eat a breakfast (as long as it's eight hours prior to surgery time). I also have to drink 16oz of water four hours prior to surgery. I have to show up at 3:30 and surgery start time is 4:15. I'll take my before photos tonight and get them posted. : )

Before and Embarrassing Photos

I have to "own" what I have. My pictures make me disgusted. I've dealt with these love handles for forever! I'm so ready for them to go. My boobs with 300cc of silicone implants to saggy and sloppy. I'm praying that tomorrow my breasts with be beautiful, high, and tight, and these nasty love handles will GONE!!

Night of Surgery and I Can't Sleep

So, surgery went well! I haven't seen myself yet, as I'm waiting until my first post-op follow-up. Based on the marking my Dr did prior to surgery, it looks like I'm going to be thrilled! : ) My surgery ended being pushed back to 5:00, but I was home around 8:00! My Dr is about 10-12 mins away from my home. Recovery was pretty easy, and when I got home I ate two small plates of dressing from Easter. Although, I wasn't feeling any pain, I took a pain pill as directed by my Dr's staff. I quickly became tired and went to bed around 9:00. It's now midnight and I've been awake for about 30 mind or so. I'm not in any pain per say, but a little uncomfortable. My breast feel AMAZING! I'm able to lift my arms above my head and move around. Those aren't bothering me...yet. However, I am feeling a little discomfort where I had the liposuction. Partly due to the garment and the other part due to the procedure itself.

I'm being realistic though. I'm assuming most pain will be felt starting tomorrow. I'll update again after my post-op. I will say, my breast look very high (YES!!) and much smaller (YES!) in my little bra they sent me home in. : )

Day 4 Post-op and Feeling Discouraged

So, I've purposely not taken any after photos. I'm not thrilled with my results as of now. I know I have to be patient and that's it's still very early, but I can't help but to feel discouraged. I love the size and location of my boobs, but one is much bigger than the other. The Dr thinks there may be fluid in my right breast, but he said to keep an eye on it for now and we'll discuss it again in three weeks. They have felt great. No pain! I get a burning feeling every now and then, but overall my boobs have been super easy to manage.

My love handles are AMAZING! You can't tell in the after pictures so much because of all the swelling, but the first two days, they were perfect! Just like I'd imagined. The swelling has just started really kicking in, and was told the swelling will peek around 2-3 weeks after surgery. I'm not looking forward to that, but I'm reminding myself that it's temporary.

I haven't been sleeping well at all. Nothing due to the breasts, but everything from the lipo. The love handle area is super tender and sore. I've been off the pain meds for over 24 hours now. I'm now starting to wean myself off the ibuprofen.

Anyone else have the different size boob thing going on? Did it adjust itself on it's own after time?

Eight Days Post-Op - Suffering from the Ups and Downs

Today marks my eight days post-op, and overall I'm feeling great. I haven't taken pain meds since day three, and sporadically take ibuprofen...maybe once every other day. I went out alone yesterday for the first time. Everything went fine until I loaded my SUV with my bags then went to close the door. I'd had forgotten that I just had surgery and it felt like my boob tore! Ouch!! Needless to say, I came home and did nothing and took some ibuprofen. Other than random times like that, I almost forget about them. The only "pain" I get from my breasts is burning and itching. All my pain is from the lipo on my love handles.

I'm still bruised and my right breast still looks fuller than my left, but I'm trying to be patient. The Dr said to give it three weeks before we take another look to better determine if it's fluid or if it's the way surgery came out. If it's fluid, he's going to put a drain in. If it's due to surgery, then we'll discuss options then. I'm not sure if it's worth another surgery to "fix" it.

Here are some updated pics! I should add, I'm wearing a compression garment 24 hours a day, and of course my sports bra. The swelling from the lipo has started to take place, so the pictures show the garment marks and my swelling even. I can't wait to see how it all looks when everything heals and the swelling goes away!

Ten Days Post-Op

I woke up feeling so good today!! I spent Wednesday pouting, crying, and swollen (from lipo). Totally a down day for me. Yesterday was a good day, as I made myself get out and about. I felt great to get out of the house! Today I feel even better! The swelling is down a lot and my the bruises on my boobs are really starting to fade. I spent the morning trying on all kinds of clothes that I haven't worn in a long time and just giggled the whole time! By far, this had been the best decision I've ever made and I'm kicking myself for not making it sooner. For those of you who are feeling down, I promise, it gets better. Take it one day at a time. If you're having a down day, then have a down day. It's okay. You'll enjoy the good days that much more! Have a blessed weekend y'all!

Day 11 Post-op and Dealing with an Infection :-/

I've been kind of feeling a little more pain in my left breast the past day or two, and it turns out there's drainage. My husband and I took pictures, and I literally got lightheaded...not because of the pictures, but the smell when we pulled the tape back. It was horrible! We texted the pictures to my Dr, but he didn't seemed concerned at all. He said it was time to take the tape off and to apply Neosporin. He said that within a few days, it should start clearing up on its own. Wish me luck. I feel like this is a setback. : (

Two Weeks Post-Op Today

Overall, I'm feeling great. My energy levels are back up and I'm finally sleeping better. I am dealing with an infection on my left breast, but it is getting better. My boobs have been a little sore and burning more, but I think it's because I've been more active this past week. I'm almost to the point where I don't feel any pain at all from the lipo. I'm sore every now and then, but no pain. I'm still bummed about my right breast being bigger than my left. Im feeling self conscious about that. I'm going to continue to take it one day at a time, and then we'll see what I decided to do months down the road. I'm not sure it's worth another surgery to try and make them match. What do y'all think?

I'm still wearing the issued sports bras and my compression garments 24/7. I'm so over all that.

Four Weeks Post-op and Feeling Great!!

Today marks four weeks since my explant, lift, and lipo of my love handles. Overall, I'm feeling wonderful!! Every now and then I feel some burning around my nipple area, but I think it's the healing and scar treatment. My Dr prescribed my prescription grade scar treatment cream, and so far I LOVE it!
My right breast is still bigger and hasn't changed much. We are giving it a full three months before deciding on any plan of action. My Dr mentioned doing a very minor lipo to the right breast to match it with the left. We'll see. I'll give it until July before I make any decisions.
I'm still swelling a good bit from the lipo, but I've heard that can last months, so I'm taking it one day at a time.
I'm loving my changes, thrilled about my decision to remove the implants and to get the lift as well. I'm very happy with my thin scars. I think they'll be perfect after they begin to fade.