Latisse is a Ripoff, Larger Size for Glaucoma $30, or $10 from India - Athens, GA

Eyelashes grew longer and somewhat thicker. The...

Eyelashes grew longer and somewhat thicker. The length was very elegant, but the cost iss ridiculous. Latisse is just a repackaged version of a Glaucoma treatment which is several times as much product for about $30! Ripoff!

Also, the brushes are worthless, and designed to make you waste product so it wont last. For $10, I get a generic from India, works great! I use a very thin sable brush to put a very tiny amount on, so i get less redness and no waste. Wash brush nightly.

I was getting red itchy eyes but I use less product with my own brush. Also, once the lashes grow, I only use it 2-3 times a week at most. One tiny (latisse size) bottle of generic from India lasted me over a year!

$80 tube of Trentionin only $3!

I am disgusted by Allergan, the original packaging said that bif eyes turned brown it was reversable, NOW they say permanent. They have not studied this enough.

Lashes do fall out after long term use of...

Lashes do fall out after long term use of Latisse!

All these experts say they have never heard this to be true but I experienced it and have heard NUMEROUS reports that eyelashes become brittle and fragile after long term Latisse use.

After I get full results, I use generic Latisse only 1-2 times a week to maintain length and I use very little product. A VERY skinny sable brush and a tiny amount of product. BTW the worst problem with brittle, falling out lashes came when using the REAL product by Allergan.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Is anyone else having trouble posting here sometimes?
Good point but poorly considered. You can take it (or any substance) to be analyzed at any number of public agencies in your area.

Incidentaklly, most people eat all kinds of deadly poisons in small amounts from the genetically-modified foods they eat every day. Not to mention so many cases of hepatitis A coming in on fruits (even frozen fruit) from Mexico and other places. Yetmost of us dont question what we put into our mouths every day! For a total of $35 including shipping, check it out. You are way ahead just by the certainty of knowing. BTW, the FDA does not give a squat about your health! Genetically modified corn is linked to some cancers, and yet the FDA does not make growers tell us when foods are genetically modified. Do you really feel safer with US products? Most of your FDA beef comes from Central and South America. They inspect one in every100,000 animals...Just saying.

UPDATE: I am actually finding that use of Latisse...

UPDATE: I am actually finding that use of Latisse once every 2 weeks is enough to maintain my result, at least to my satisfaction and without constant red, itchy eyes. It is important to remove you eye makeup every night to avoid bacteria which can also make lashes fall out, AND, PLEASE wash Latisse off first thing each morning! Do NOT use it during the day.
This review has been closed to future comments as it promotes the illegal purchase of a product. Medical experts have advised the RealSelf Team that this practice is potentially dangerous, so posts of this nature will no longer be allowed.
What is the generic called?
How do you order it? have been trying all day and can't find the website to open it.

I now get it generic from India, $10 plus shipping. The doctor has no part in my opinion of Latisse.