70 & Going for It - Latham, NY

I just turned 70 and have been thinking about this...

I just turned 70 and have been thinking about this surgery forever! My surgery date is April 24th, and I am also having implants exchanged at that time. I am a cancer survivor and had issues with the implants I had a few yrs ago, so need to exchange them. So I am a little nervous and excited at the same time. So many things to get myself ready for this. Love this site, it is so encouraging & helpful to read everyone's experiences.

33 Day PO Tummy Tuck

It's been not quite five weeks since my Tummy Tuck and Implant exchange (due to horrible implants & leakage. I had Breast cancer in 1988, and decided to have the TT done now at the same time as the implant exchange.. I had three children who were big babies, one weighing 9. 4, .so that streched me out considerably, and over the yrs the the muscles just gave completely out, even though i excercise at a gym,. Nothing would help the muffin top and pregnancy look.
On April 23 I had my TT and implant exchange and am still recovering from the surgery. I will say the first few days, was the worst, although i still have bad days with the swelling, and pressure i feel when walking a lot. I am told the swelling can last for months.
I am still mending but see a difference and time will show more when swelling subsides. I still can not wear my cappree's that i wore before that button, and jeans are still tight. I did take off about 5#' and trying to lose more to help the situation. I also need to move from the binder to the next stage of spanx type garment. My PS was great, with yrs of experience behind him. My very kind, understanding, compassionate.
I am happy with the results, and thinking in time it will get even better once I start back working out.

33 days PO

33 days PO

Before & 4 Weeks

Before & 33 days

Before TT & 33 Days PO

I chose my Plastic Surgeon based on all the pictures, reviews and of course by the fact that he is board certified and also has experience have done many Tummy Tuck's, Mommy makeovers.