Laser Skin Resurfacing Made my Skin Worse

Don’t make a big mistake! I tried laser...

Don’t make a big mistake! I tried laser resurfacing. Oprah had Thermage on her show so I went and looked up docs in my area who would do something about my skin. I was very naïve and thought there either wasn’t going to be anything or that they only dealt with taking off beauty marks or whatever. Boy was I wrong. There’s a whole industry for it! Every conceivable company has a laser. I actually considered this a good endorsement. So I had the laser resurfacing and hated it right away. The procedure was uncomfortable, not “painless”. I was pushed out pretty quickly and left to heal up at home. I wanted to get rid of old chicken pox pits and discoloration. It helped with neither. Instead, my skin tone changed, first to red and then settled into a darker color that was the wrong one! I looked like I had only been able to afford to tan my face (it wasn’t tan exactly but more of a red-brown-green. You would have to see it to believe it). My spots actually showed up more too. Now I’m researching injectables that might fill out my face or enhance the good points instead of showing off the bad. I don’t know if this is good practice but I need to do something. I went into this wanting a difference – I should say a GOOD difference – and I’m still looking for that. I’m not gonna give up just yet but definitely gonna rethink where I get my information from.

Are you able to email or post before & after pictures? I'm considering getting the co2 laser, but I'm nervous.
base on comments i've read, i observed that this C02 fractional laser can only see most improvements on wrinkles than acne scars
Hi Regretful One, I know how you feel as the same thing has just happened to me and I'm wondering if you have had any luck correcting what has been done to your skin. I am so upset about it, I cry about it daily and hate to go out in public. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE PEOPLE!!!!!! Any information would help and be much appreciated as I am so lost and confused at what to do as different doctors tell me different things. Please help.
Wow now this is scary.I have an appointment for fractional laser for my face in 2 weeks. Honestly now i know i can live with the little wrinkles i have around my eyes and the couple sun spots i have dont seem that bad after reading your story. Thanks for sharing.I definatly will be canceling my laser appointment for sure.Oh if you dont mind i would love to see your before and after pic as well.Wish you the best.
Hi. I am very concerned based on what you have stated. Would you be willing to email me your pictures? (Also, you might want to consult your attorney, as it appears that they set the laser WAY too deep ... especially for someone in their 30s???) I guess the message is one of extreme caution, and also, to check and make sure the doctor performing the procedure has a LOT of experience. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I wish you a full recovery. :-)

There is so much that can go wrong with a laser. I had the "affirm" treatment by the nurse of one of the best doctors in dermatology. Now about 1.5 years later i'm still in excruciating nerve pain that can only be resolved by sleep aids. You see, the laser burned my eyes, skin, trigeminal nerve, muscle, gums, and into my bone. My eyes can be described as "blootshot" with the inflammation increasing monthly. I have to rinse twice per day to keep them moveable and wear dark glasses to avoid the wierd looks. My face is beyond scarred. When i say scarred, i mean literally burn scars covering my ENTIRE face. My eyebrows cannot cover the warped and pocked skin around my eyes. My skin is so thin it sags down around my chin and looks like i am in my eighties (i am mid-thirties and was VERY young looking). This treatment was done for sun-damage prevention (to make the skin healthy) and for active acne. I have photographs if anyone wants to see the horror. Do NOT play with your skin or face. There are oil glands and other parts that are there for a reason-- lasers "remodel" them. Can you live without your sweat glands? Not if you want to keep your body temperature stable. Trust me.

hi there, I am considering a co2 laser but I am very concerned about permanently disasterous results. Would you be willing to email me your pics? Thanks

Hi sorry to hear about you bad procedures i wanted co2 todo ted that c02 procedure but not iam not sure can you please send you before and after pic i have acner scar wanted to gtthank you for your infor and were did you have it done.
I am so sorry you had such a terrible result and that you continue to have pain and scarring. I am trying to research and compare the Affirm laser with the Candela yag laser (does not go as deep) to help with skin tightening. Would you please email any before/after photos you could share? Thank you so much, CAH
i am so so sorry this has happened to you, my heart goes out to you. i was wondering if you could email your pics so i have a better understanding of what your skin has gone through are you of olive skin tone? i was depating laser resurfacing but it is now out of the question thanks to your information.i too have had some side effects with other lasers not to that extent and i cant imagine what you are going through.