Fraxel: Biggest Mistake of My Life

I had Fraxel: Restore done over a year ago. My...

I had Fraxel: Restore done over a year ago. My face is scarring, I have tissue/fat loss. This is the most horrifying mistake of my life. I wake every morning to new scars on my face. It looks like both cheeks are going to be covered with scars. I was told NO complications, NO risks, NO side effects. I did this for a few scars and now I would give anything to have my old skin back.

None of the doctors I have been to offer any help. They tell me to use Retin-A and this only makes everything worse. Is there anyone out there that can help? There are others like me. This has ruined my life.

Palomer emerge laser ruined my life too !!! Im 6 months out , early days , but I'm trying retin a / needling . Very slow and painful emotionl process . No words can describe . Thank god for support from other victims . I will try to post on my progress with any treatments I undertake . Hopefully I will have some success one day soon.
This is what you should do. First do a facial fat injection where they take your own fat from your body and put into your face then wait a few months as it heals your skin and every 6 weeks, do dermarolling at a doctor's office.
the same thing happened to me. My damage is just on the nose but if I look in the mirror I can see sandpaperlike skin. Everybody is telling me that it doesn't look that bad but I know how my skin looked like before and it wasn't that horrible. At at least I got a visible zit or gristle after that procedure. I was so stupid... I had a dermatologist who worked very well but that I read about this super doctor in hamburg who has removed a scar. ... And then the shit happened. Maybe someone can check my photo and can tell me if your damage is similar? Cause I'm very depressed can't sleep at night and I dont think that this skin can rebuild.
Mine is exactly like that.
I do to, this was the biggest mistake of my life. I trusted Prevea Plastice Surgeons in Green Bay and believed them, but it was all lies just for money and so they could pay for the laser. Very safe and little down time, and nothing bad could happen all lies. My face and life is ruined and this was the biggest mistake of my life. No how you feel, one day your alive and happy and have a bright future ahead of you, then you do fraxel and your dead inside because you have to look in the mirror and see what they have done to your face everyday. I died that day. I will never be the same person I was. Prevea Plastice Surgeons killed me and destroyed my life.
What laser did they use on you? What kind of reaction did you have. I said the same thing about feeling dead now. I've been dealing with the damage from Erbium resurfacing for over 5 yrs. They made scars around the scars, I have dents all over my cheeks. I've gone to so many doctors in the beginning, all said they couldn't do anything for me. I found one who started with smoothbeam, perfecta, affirm then fraxel restore 4 times, one a month for 4 months that ended in Dec 11. Then had another in June 12 along with sculptra. I stopped going out, became a hermit. Lost 30lbs from the stress & had to go on meds. Now I can't sleep. It effects every single part of your life when your face is ruined. I can say that it seems the fraxel restore after 5 treatments is started to work a bit or maybe it's the sculptra helping. I still have a long way to go. I have another fraxel restore in Jan. but til then I'll needle some of the scars on my own. I'm always selfconscience. about being under overhead lights & I try not to look at myself in the mirror. I did find a exfoiant called Aqua Cure that helps take the dead skin off & a pore filler caller Pore Professionals that helps fill in some of the scars. Maybelline mousse foundation is pretty good too in the jar. Please keep us posted on anything you find that helps.
Your not alone . I Worked hard to buy a house , work on relationships , raise a child , have a good life . And before I got married and moved in , bang- Palomer laser the safest more effective laser that left me with scarring over 100 percent of my face. Doctors told me NO side effects . I went for fillers ended up getting a laser that ruined my life
Can you see a difference in your scars since self needling?
Yes I do I only had two sessions
At bk718 you have it professionally donee vs self needling?
Yes I get it done professionally and she also uses an rf machine. Not radio frequency
What is a rf machine?
To penetrate products more deeper while thete
Sorry for not getting back about the rollers but it seems the cheaper one is just like or better the more expensive one. Got the punch needles too, I like them to hit just the scars instead of the whole face. I now have an appt with a ps to see if a face lift will help.
I was afraid to buy a dermaroller on ebay after reading some reviews about them being knock offs alto I've been using one from there called Mims but since it's kind of old I started checking for a new one on line. I bought one from Vaughter Wellness at owndoc.com for 35.00 & a derma stamp for 17.00, supposedly the real ones & I decided to check one out from z_mart_beauty_dot_com for 14.99 w/free shipping on ebay. Figured since it was so reasonable I'd check it out & see if theres a difference in the rollers. Haven't gotten them yet, I'll let you know when i get them, I just ordered them. Retin A is strong for me after having the laser done almost 5 yrs ago. Now I try Glycolic acid 30% once a week & mirco derm scrub at home with Olay once or twice a week. Just got coconut oil too, tried Grape seed, emu & squalane which says it's olive oil. Still upset tho, scars are still visible after this long under lights & from the side view all the time. So sick of it. Wish i never did this to myself. Going to a derm & Glasgold in Sept. I'll roll again when i get the rolllers, i know that's going to be another week of hiding in but i hope with a longer needle I'll see some better results. It really sucks when you have bad skin. Even when your dressed to the nines you still feel ugly. Girls don't realize how lucky they are when they have nice skin. I never had it & it really takes a toll on you always wondering if others can see what you do.
I also use Retin A about once a week - and yes, it does make my skin look flaky and yucky for a day or two (but not excessively) - I also have a micro roller which I use, can you tell me where you got your 1.5mm roller from
Hi Scooble, just wondering if the gel needling still looks good. How many times a week do you use dermaroller?
Thanks
Hello Scooble, I was just wondering how you're getting on after the needling. I 've had my first session and have been told I will not see a difference after 1. I was also wondering if you were suffering from fat loss after the fraxel and if the needling helped it. I have been harmed by fraxel 2 years ago. Now I have lines and bigger pores. I'm really hoping the needling will help.
I haven't had a gel needling session since september last year, but I did purchase a 1.5mm roller that I have used about 3 times. I could do with another Gel session top up though.I think that there was some fat loss, but not a huge amount. I too found that the first gel needling session produced a marginal affect, but there was quite an improvement after the second session. I hope it works out for you.
Tricia x
Has the dermaroller helped?
Hey Scooble, I'm doing needling on my own with a 1mm needle. I just ordered a 1.5. I do it once every 3 to 4 weeks, I don't want to damage the little bit of progress each session does if i do it sooner. I use copper peptides too but read putting Retna a after each time works so i tried doing that but it seems every time i do the next few days i don't look too good & get depressed, seeing bumps & redness after each treatment but after a week it looks a bit better. Using olive oil to for moisture after. I have filler for the deep parts but hoping after more needling I won't need any but i can't really tell right now since i had filler put in some not long ago. I made an appt w/ Dr Glasgold in Sept. to see if he thinks fat transfers will help. So glad to hear it's working for you. I hope it does the same for me but being 57 i feel by the time i get done this I'll be ready for a face lift! So tired of my skin. Every day it's something new. Trying not to look in the mirror as much anymore too.
I now had 3 Gel needling treatments as EUDELO. The results of each procedure have become progressively better. The first was the least agressive, but the last two produced a fair bit of blood. I use a copper peptide and salicylic acid cream at night as well as a heavy moisturiser and a sunblock during the day. Many of the fine lines have either diminished significantly or gone. I am booked in for a needle only session in August (without the filler). Obviously, it may not work for everyone but for skin texture, I think its worth a go.
Hello Scooble, great to hear that the needling has helped. How much did you pay for the 3 sessions? Do you think it was worth the money. I am getting desperate.
The procedure wasn't that cheap, around £400 I think, however, I must say, that after having 3 HA needling sessions and just one needling on its own that there has been a progressive improvement. I'm still not sure if copper Peptides are actually a good thing, some say its a scam and can make your skin actually look worse, where as the website says it a miracle cure for just about everything.
Your right. I just read up on peptides. Some do say too much isn't good, could make you look worse so only put a little on & not around your eyes. I never heard of 3 HA needleing. Just needleing but i'll look into it. Thanks