Fraxel Repair - Florida

I had my face and neck done with the fraxel repair...

I had my face and neck done with the fraxel repair in an effort to reduce wrinkles. The procedure itself was not too bad although I did look I had gone through a meat grinder. Bandages have to be changed every 2 hours for the first 2 days and you must use great care. I was so excited to look in the mirror and not see wrinkles. However, as time passed and the swelling went down, the wrinkles came back. I was SO hoping that I would see some benefit. Two years later, you would never know I had anything done. So, three weeks ago, I had a facelift, neck, and foreheard lift. Erbium Yag laser and SMAS lips. I should have NEVER wasted my money on the Fraxel.

The Dr. was nice enough as was his staff. I just did not see any benefit from the laser. Will submit photos soon.

You look amazing after your facelift!
Had CO2 laser on face, chest and eye area 13 months ago at 43. Was unrecognizable for about 6 days... literally could not go out of the house. The lightening of skin pigment and elimination of the fine lines and the tightening around eyes was amazing and it reversed a lot of damage on my chest . I am now considering doing it again around the eyes and chest area again.
Your facelift looks fabulous!
Bandages from a fraxil laser????? I've had two fraxil lasers and not one bandage. Very red color and tight skin. Pretty severe swelling too. However I don't look like I've been thru a meat grinder. Applying ointment constantly.
Thank you for sharing your experiences Renis. I suffer from bad scaring from previously having cystic acne for years. It is invaluable being able to read of people's 'real life' experiences and not sales pitches building our hopes up. I for one do not beleive the laser hype. Btw, your face-life looks fantastic!
The doctor who suggested that you would benefit from brow tattoo is so very right. You would look truly beautiful. Also, I am surprised that you did not see ANY skin improvement, like better tone or elasticity after your fraxel procedure though.
hmmmmm, now THAT just may be a valid point :)

sinder
We have 99% patient satisfaction with Botox here in Australia. On this forum its just 65%! There is probably something wrong with the US doctors and/ or patients!!! lol ( just kidding). :o)
thanks for share you experience with us.
OK Doc,

I chose fraxel REPAIR vs RESTORE for that very reason. I did not want three or four separate visits that is required with the "restore".

The $4000. was for face and neck. Regardless of your 95% patient satisfaction rate, I personally had NO improvement.

I wonder how anyone, especially a Dr. can look at the pictures that I posted and still try to tell me that I must have had SOME improvement. I did not and that's a fact. Why is that so hard to believe?

Perhaps I should have done far more research, spoken to far more women and I wouldn't have wasted my $$ or time.

My understanding was that -----Re:pair is ablative & treats deeper lines, wrinkles, discoloration, scarring, and skin laxity. A single re:pair treatment is supposed to yield more impressive results than a series of re:store treatments 3.

With only a 56% approval rating on this very thread, I certainly am not alone in my dissatisfaction.

sinder
Hi, I practical life, have yet to see a patient who has seen no improvement in thier skin's tone and texture after a fractional skin resurfacing with a CO2 laser ( regardless of what laser brand laser was used). We perform hundereds of fraxel treatments and have more than 95% patient satisfaction rate. $4000 for a single fraxel repair treatment does sound very expensive though. We do a course of three treatments over 6-8 months and charge $1200 per treatment. Perhaps you should have chosen a course of three medium depth treatments rather than one deep.... regards
Ehsan Jadoon
Well, you thought wrong. Again, there was ZERO improvement, none, nada, zilch, ! I don't even know how you can say that.

After ALL the swelling went down, which takes MONTHS, not weeks like a Dr would have you believe there was really no improvement. I wanted there to be.....but there just wasn't.

I would be the first one to tout the benefits if there were any.

I would NOT encourage anyone to spend their money on this procedure.
I thinf after the fraxel repair you skin look nicer and you look like you skin did imporbe!!
Hi, I am an Australian Cosmetic Surgeon and have come across this interesting conversation whilst searching for something else on line. I would like to take share my point of view here:

Most people these days drive cars and most people would agree that Ferrari's are good cars. Infact, they are fantastic sport cars. However, If I decide to take part in Paris to Dakkar Rally and choose a Ferrari Modena to do the job....then its a terrible car!!!

Same goes for every single treatment and procedure known to cosmetic medicine and surgery in 2012. Any procedure on its own is not good or bad, its the selection of the appropriate candidate and realistic patient expectations, which make that procedure good or bad.

I use Fractional Skin resurfacing ( Fraxel) treatments for many of my patients to improve their skin's tone, texture and sundamage. In higher setting its also fantastic for Acne scars. It reduces fine lines and gives some dermal tightening due to collagen stimulation. However; I NEVER use it as an alternative to a Surgical face lift or neck lift. It is not the procedure for that kind of job. It can be an add on to a Surgical face lift. But never on its own would it deliver the results one would expect from Surgery.

Similarly, there is no Surgical face lift in the world that can improve someone's sun damaged skin, their enlarged pores, their uneven skin tone, their acne scars and their bad skin texture...None what so ever. Then, Does that mean Surgical Face lift is bad?

Hence, the moral of the story is that a combination of procedures that improve skin's tone and texture/ lines ( Botox, peels, microderms, cosmeceuticals, fraxel etc) and contour changes ( Surgery, dermal fillers etc) is the way to go.

p.s: the lady who has shared her pics after face lift should consider cosmetic tatooing to improve her brows. That would nicely finish the job. In females THe brows should be full , arched and should come all the way out towards the temple area.

Regards

Dr Ehsan Jadoon
Dr. Jadoon,

I think the pictures speak for themselves.

There is a 2 year separation between the before fraxel pictures and the "before" facelift pictures. I never expected "face lift"results from fraxel, HOWEVER, I did expect some benefit.

Sadly, I saw 0 change in my skins tone, texture or sun damage.

IMHO, and for many, many other women, fraxel is a waste of time and $$$. I spent $4,000. for mine and I was terribly disappointed.

My goal with these surgeries was never to look 20 or 30. I just didn't want to look so tired, wrinkled and plain worn out.

I'm convinced now that a lot of the advertising for fraxel is bs and the results the public actually see come from photoshop rather than actual results.

Having said that, I do actually have eyebrows.....they are just very, very light in color. I think I'll pass on the tattooing.

Regards
Sinder
Dr Jadoon could I please have advice after my fraxel procedure. I am from Australia also and had Gemini done on neck & chest for redness then it was suggested from the Doctor i have Fraxel for skintone. This made my skin go redder than when I started. I am now 12mths post laser & I am still very red and now have visible lines all close together all down my neck. They look like scratches but deeper than a scratch. It is very distressing and the Doctor who did it wont acknowledge the lines yet my family, friends & myself can see them quite visibly. She said its my skin tone but it is not. This has ultimately ruined my skin instead of rejuvenating it. Have you heard of these lines before and if so is there anything I can do? I am now very self conscious. It is hard to get these lines in a photo and they are more visible under fluroescent lighting and outside in natural daylight.
Hi Deb, which city are u based in? It's very unfortunate that you developed such a bad complication post Gemini/ Fraxel. Have u discusses the matter with the treating clinic? What have they advised? In my opinion/ experience, any Australian clinic that offers Gemini and Fraxel treatment has to be a run by an experienced team of clinicians as these are not the machines which anyone can buy. Regards
Ehsan
Hi Dr Jadoon, I am from the Gippsland area and I had it done in Berwick at the Victorian Cosmetic Institute. The Dr says she doesnt know why I am having these problems. The Dr did the Gemini but one of her young Nurses (Dont think shes really a Nurse) did the Fraxel. Im not sure if the lines are caused by the Fraxel or the Gemini. I do know the Fraxel ultimately made my skin redder than when I started. One minute she said she can see the lines I am talking about but then back pedalled and said, what lines are you talking about and told me its my skin texture. She is not much help really and cant offer me any help except for more laser but its the laser that has made me worse in the first place. They do seem like a reputable clinic but I probably should have had it done at a qualified Dermatologist. I am now seeing a Dermatologist in Melbourne who has given me Rationale products to use for a few months to help strengthen the skin and he is due to do a VBeam on me at the end of October which I am worried about. I wish I could get these lines to come up in a photo and I would post to you. Hopefully with the Rationale products and using the refining serum and retinaldehyde they will improve. Deb
Hi, I know some of the doctors at Vic Cosmetic Institute. Its a reputable clinic. I think you should request a consult with Dr Gavin Chan who is the Principal doctor. Its looks like you have two issues now. Post Fraxel redness and fine lines on d├ęcolletage. V Beam is a great laser for vascular lesions / back ground redness. Once the redness goes away then I would recommend a course of PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma) for fine lines. When properly done, PRP is a good treatment for fine and delicate skin ( around eyes, neck, back of hands and d├ęcolletage ). Make sure the doctor activates the Platelets before injecting them back. Good luck .
Hi Dr Jadoon, Thanks for your help. I will certainly look into it. Will start with the VBeam. The lines are actually down my neck and the only way I can describe them is they are like a cat has scratched me in perfect rows all close together. This upsets me more than the redness now. Yet I never had them before.
Hi Dr Jadoon I have finally been able to get the lines I am talking about to show up in a photograph outside. How do I attach the photo for you to view? Deb
Please Google my name " Dr Ehsan Jadoon" and send me the pics using my web page link. Regards.
Hi I am happy that you have a positive experience.
could you tell me please the intensity of the fraxel repair
i have scarring from burnt accidente I am looking for information
thanks

You look great in your post-surgery photos. Congrats to you!!

I'm sure I could drum a few pictures up when I get home. Fraxel was a complete waste of money and a waste of the time I took off from work.

I work hard for my money and the fraxel was such a huge dissapointment .

Yes, I am pleased with the work that the new Dr. did. I found him in Birmingham, Al. It was a 5 hour drive for me, but the payoff was worth the price. I don't look pulled or done. I agree with you that I have a natural look. I was never trying to look 25, I was simply trying NOT to look so old and worn out.