Scheduled for March 28, 2011! - Las Vegas, NV

I am a mother of 1 and only 1. I was planning on...

I am a mother of 1 and only 1. I was planning on having 2, but fate stepped in and decided one child would be enough for me, and, fate was right! :) He was born 9 lbs. via Emergency C-Section and I had to be put under once again, due to hemorrhaging. Needless to say, the doctors had to pull at my skin twice and my tummy never recovered. So here I am, excited and nervous for my upcoming TT!

So here we go. I woke up with tons of energy this...

So here we go. I woke up with tons of energy this morning and then it just got worse and worse... I'm hating the swelling and want to hit fast-forward, but I'm sure we all feel that way! I got both drains out today! Woooohoooo! The nurse who took my drain out says I'm still really swollen and get this: My husband didn't pass out this time! lol. Anyway, today was a down day for me wasn't feeling too positive and starting nitpicking at little imperfections here and there. I go see my PS on Thursday. There's this one spot on my incision that's a little odd looking, but my husband keeps saying it's because of swelling. I hope he's right. I posted some 1 week PO pictures see if you can see the spot I'm talking about. :)

Went to see my PS this morning. He removed all my...

Went to see my PS this morning. He removed all my sutures from my belly button, looked at my incision and said it looked great. I questioned the areas at the end of my incision and how they look a bit "bunched", if you will, but he answered that before I even got a chance to finish asking the question. It will straighten out and the reason he did it the way he did it is to prevent dog ears. Fine by me! He told me not to nitpick because my swelling would be 70% gone by 6 weeks at my rate and by then we'll start to see where everything is situating. Everything looks great, though! One thing I must mention is that he was impressed with my mobility and the fact that my compression garments aren't as tight as he thought they would be ( meaning not the usual swelling he encounters) Yay! Went well! :D Hope everyone is doing great, as well!

2nd Week PO! Woooohoooo! I woke up yesterday...

2nd Week PO! Woooohoooo!
I woke up yesterday feeling so energized. We had some friends over for dinner and halfway through...CRASH! All I wanted to do was put my fee up! This morning has been the same, but I was able to take my son to school since the surgery and he looooved that mommy was up and moving. I'm feeling great and am happy with my results, so far. I seriously can't wait to get back to the gym, though. I've lost 4 extra pounds! Yipeeee! I'm still a little swollen, but it's tolerable. And just like most women on here, it gets worse at night. I posted some pictures of my progress. :D

So I'm at my 3 weeks! Woohooo! Nothing much...

So I'm at my 3 weeks! Woohooo! Nothing much has happened, my scabs are starting to peel which is good. My swelling drastically low, which is great. My bellybutton is healing and not bleeding so much anymore. I'm still putting neosporin on it and my surface bruising from lipo are gone. That doesn't mean I can't still feel it, though. When I sit it hurts and I have to rub those areas a bit, still. Anyway, happy healing everyone! :D

So I've been feeling good. Swelling was down, that...

So I've been feeling good. Swelling was down, that is, until Easter came. Too much food! Too much walking around. So I took some pictures of me at 4 weeks anyway, but be nice this is the most swollen I've been since the surgery, or at least it feels that way! I'm going in for a postop on Thursday and asking about a few clear sutures sticking out at the incision and one at a lipo area which hurts if anything touches it, but other than that, great! :) Back to counting calories tomorrow. All the food is gone now! lol

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. My life has...

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. My life has started to get busier, which is good. I visited my PS last Thursday. He took out a few sutures that were sticking out of my incision and irritating me. Then, I was told I could start Scarguard (medical strength). I started using it about 2 days ago. I'm loving my tummy, but my legs are getting soooo out of shape! Please, let me go to the gym!!!! lol. Anyway, here are some updated photos, you'll notice my tummy getting slimmer and my legs getting bigger... :/

I'm 6 weeks PO today and doing wonderful. I...

I'm 6 weeks PO today and doing wonderful. I decided today would be the day to go for a run and so I did. I'm doing the From Couch to 5k plan. So today was walking run walking. It was good. I got a little more swelling today and I suspect it's because of running, but hey, gotta start somewhere. I'm getting back into my daily routine. Hope everyone else is doing great! :D

7 Weeks today. Feeling great! I started running...

7 Weeks today. Feeling great! I started running last week and have started getting a bit more intense. I've got some work to do on my legs, again! lol. Does everyone get swollen after a workout? Ugh. I wonder when the muscles will get used to it again?
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

I know,.right!! For years i bitched.about no butt, but i love it.. And my husband keeps yalkung about so were happy!!
I know! Lol. Some would say It's a bad thing but I love my big butt! :)
Damn girl, baby got back..lol. I notice i got back too..woohoo tho i had no butt!!! Lol looking good!!!!!!!
Looking fabulous!!
I really really really want to start running again. Got the sudden urge badly yesterday. I am going to call doc tomorrow and ask what speed I can start walking. I can't do this sitting around anymore. Driving me MAD...
Urll be back. 2 days at gym i was right back to want i was going. And feeling great
You look fantastic. So tiny!!! Yeah, I agree don't worry about your legs, there will always be something to be nit picky about I guess though. Easier said that done.

I am still having problems. On meds again. I just can't get a break... Glad you are doing so well.
You look so great! Don't focus on your legs, remember, your tummy was what plagued your every thought! Your legs will be back in shape in no time!
WOW , you look amazing!!!!!!! Im sooo excited im counting down my days.
Nice and skinny!! Im blueberry girl husband bday and easter killed me..lol. Back to lite food tomorrow
Yup, I'm back to calorie counting today! :/
Me too..and it was hubbys bday today... Ugh i feel like fat pig. Relax and lite food and water tomorrow
Just put up a new post for my 4 weeks PO and some pictures,too, but I'm swollen. I blame Easter food!
Me too 3/28/11.. I miss my gym. And the ppl. Im a gymrat!! I still have 4 weeks. Bummed
well i am not ready to go back to work yet..just enjoying being home still..last night i tried to exercise a little marching around the house and a few minutes of walking with my arms movement..it feels good to do it , i did about 15 minutes and will try to do it again today..well at least i "m trying to motivate my self..can't stand just to sit around..lol my healing is doing good so far.i have an appt. with my PS this Friday my daughter will drive me there too.. so will seee what she got to say about my healing, i know that i'm still swelling a lot and my boobs is hard..i'm not really in pain so thats a good thing..well listen i will let u go ttyl God blesss:)
I WISH with all my heart I could get back to the gym! So much. My legs are so out of shape now and I was running 2 miles a day. :( Looks like I'm gonna have to start all over again.
hello3/28/11..good morning, how are you today? well hope your day is good, mine so far is great i feel so much better and less swelling so far.i have a cup of coffee thats a must and help me to go to the bathroom..lol..i am so thankful to God that most of as so far is doing good with this mommy make over surgery..God is good for sure...sorry i have not posted any picture yet, just dont have enough time to even do it..i got it just doing it is the big thing...i will posted aas soon as i can....promise...take care:)ttyl
I'm glad you're doing good. I never drink coffee, but hey one cup can't hurt, right? Yay, for swelling going down. Mine is going down even more, which is great! I'm missing doing things now. I'm ready to be back to normal. :)
I am going back to work in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will feel ok. I may have to wear comfy clothes for a while and not dressy clothes
Boooo. Well, hopefully your work isn't too demanding of you. Still, get home from work and rest, rest, rest!
I have a desk job--I am a supervisor so I can just tell others when I need something and they will get it:)
Oh, good, good, good!
when did you get your drains out. They are already driving me crazy! We changed the bandages today. There was hardly any blood I am also able to stand up straight. It just kills to get up from a laying position.
So if you're lower than 30 mL you call them, I like to speak to Cindy and tell her the right or the left has been at at this amount for 24 hours now. She'll schedule you to come in, she did it the same day for me, you bring your log and if she approves, it's out.
Do you have anyone to help you up from the laying position?! That is painful. I have my husband basically get me up. Not anymore since I'm getting the hang of it, but do you have anyone?
I got my the right drain out 4 days after the surgery and the second one 3 days after that. Are they below 30 mL?