Finally After Waiting Over 20 Years for a TT & $6100.00! 2 wks till surgery. Las Vegas, NV

I am glad I found a web site I have found it very...

I am glad I found a web site I have found it very informative on details regrading TT surgery & post op experiences. Didn't realize so many women were dealing with the some problems as I have.
I gave birth to 4 children, 2 natural birth & 2 C-sections. Plus have had a histerectomy 12 years ago, did the incision up & down instead of side to side. My stomach muscles look horrible. I go to the gym 5 days a week, doesn't matter how many crunches I do I will never have a 6 pack. I would love to wear a 2 piece swimsuit, instead of wearing tank suits all the time. Hopefully after this is all over, I might be able to wear one next summer!
I have finally found a PS that is affordable and experienced in his field. Plus I don't have to go to another state to have it done. I have paid & scheduled for my surgery! Date: 9/12/12 I am very nervous & excited! :)

Thank you Kimmers25! The price of my surgery didnt show up. It was very helpful seeing the price on here. It helped me find Dr. Stile. I didn't have to drive to California.

Welcome to RealSelf!

I guarantee you will be wearing a swimsuit next summer!!   You will love the results and soon be enjoying your new tummy.  I am very happy you joined us and look forward to seeing you in the community.

Doing my pre-op appiontment on the 29th of Aug. 2...

Doing my pre-op appiontment on the 29th of Aug. 2 weeks before my surgery. I have been reading a lot of your post-op posting & photos are very helpful. Really looking forward to seeing my belly without stretch marks & sagging skin. Thank you for sharing your stories.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Good morning everyone! I am going to my 2 week...

Good morning everyone! I am going to my 2 week pre-op appiontment today with Dr. Stiles. So excited to count down the days ahead.

Hi SunnyVegas,

Only 11 more days left til your surgery!! So excited for you:-)

Getting really nervous! Only 6 more days. I've...

Getting really nervous! Only 6 more days. I've been taking my vitamin C & muti. Vitamin once a day, getting ready for surgery.

Thanks again Cherribabi I just went to your site and read the items toilet seat & shower chair got idea!
Thank you all so much for the support. I'm making arrangements with some friends & my family to call or stop by & check on me. Cherrybabi what are the supplies, that I should have by bed? I got the cough drops & meds. Going to put a small frig by the bed. Renting a hospital bed Tuesday. I don't know what else I will have to have. Thanks again for the help. :)
I had my husband about 5 days PO before he went out of town. But i ended up being inpatient for 2 days because i was having the hardest time walking. I had to ask a friend to stay with me because i have a 2 yr old. I really hope you will have someone to help you when your hubby leaves. At least for a couple of days.

Will! I think I'm ready for this to happen only 2...

Will! I think I'm ready for this to happen only 2 more days. I went to the store twice making sure I have everything I need for the next 2 weeks. Ordered the hospital bed today it was only 125.00 a week 35.00 for delivery & pick up. That's a better price then the electric recliner. Pick up the medication also. Tomorrow I will clean house so I don't have to worry about it when I get home.

Hey Sunny love!
For me I had the following items right by me.

ALL my meds
Snacks like protien bars, banana's, applesauce, nutrigrain bars, crackers and even peanut butter sandwiches (premade in a ziploc bag)
Water and Gatorade (PLEASE get a water bottle that has a straw you will thank me later)
My cell phone
My laptop
cough drops
warm socks.....me feet stayed cold for some reason
something for gas.....oh yes there will be gas.
A note pad to keep track of what pill I took last and what time I took it.
And that was really about it for me.

Tips, when you drink water lift your head so your airway is open, you will understand what I am saying after taking that first sip. If your head is down you will choke and that will make you cough.......NEVER COUGH!

When lifting up don't try to use your back only! Use your head, shoulders and everything. You will understand this also.

Although you are renting a hospital bed make sure you have comfy pillows to put underneath your knees and back but cross this bridge when you get use to it....I didn't have a hospital bed.

The first time you use the raised toilet seat you will say GOOD LOOKING OUT CHERRY! Trust me!

Oh yeah get something like colace to help soften your movements. A lot of people have been using laxatives and that is fine but they will give you the runs when you can't run. Plus you don't want to be pooping out all the nutrient's your body needs to heal. A stool softner makes it easier to go, not crap your brains out.

Walmart has the toilet seat and shower chair for around $20 something each but it is so worth it. I am still using both at almost 2 weeks post opt.

And that is all I can think of for now!

OH YEAH! And realself.com.......it will keep you entertained and the support is wonderful. I have even made friends since being out here. And if you need anything PLEASE inbox me here I will see it faster.
I feel great:) only 2 more days for you!! I wish you luck & pray for a speedy recovery. I know you'll do just fine!

TOMORROW! I have to be at the surgery center by 8...

TOMORROW! I have to be at the surgery center by 8 am. The hospital came and they set it up, it's brand new. I have set everything up by the bed. Making everything easy to reach. I will take my Anxiety pill before I go to bed so I can get a good night of sleep!
Thank you all for your help!

I am excited for you. Good luck! Like you, I have 4 children (4 c-sections) and plenty, plenty of excercise but no flat belly.....until NOW! My TT was 23 days ago and I love it! I just did my profile tonight so the pics should show up tomorrow.

As for recovery, I exercised and prepared for the surgery. Best advice.... follow your doctor's recommendations and rest, rest, rest the first 2-3 weeks. Let everything around your house wait because it will all still be there when you feel better! Drink plenty of water and take your stool softeners...lol. This becomes important.

Again, good luck and keep us posted when you can!
Hi Cherribabi! I bought some colace stool softener, the raised toilet seat, meds, straws and cough drops. I rented the hospital bed cause our bed is way too high for me to get on after the surgery. The rent on the bed is 125.00 a week and 35.00 delivery & pick up. another person said the recliner got uncomfortable after a few days and it cost more to rent it.
I will let you know how it going on Thursday when I get back home.
I am going to be honest........everything gets uncomfortable after a few days. Bed, recliner, hospital bed, moon walk! Same dif! But if I had the option for a hospital bed I would have done it. And take the colace twice a day, it may take a few days but it will work!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! And all will be OK! You can do this. Be sure to check in when you are able!

Hi everyone; sorry I haven't been on for a few...

Hi everyone; sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I went into surgery on the 12th of Sept.. After surgery the doctor made me go to TLC (that is an extra cost for anyone over 50 years of age). I was relucted to go at first, because of the cost & travel there. It's located on the other side of town from the surgery center. I arrived there around 2:15, by 5:30 I was nusous, started throwing up and very sleepy. At 7:32 my BP started going down 96/62 & they had emptied my bottles x2. At 8:39 my BP went down to 90/60, I keep dosing off and trying to keep my sister in law informed on my status. 9:39 BP dropped again 73/50, they called the ambulance before 10:32 I went to ER St. Rose hospital. They gave my husband & doctor the wrong hospital where I had been transferred to. 11:09 my husband & doctor are at the right hospital. They had to give me a blood transfusion, I had loss a lot of blood. Now 3 days after surgery I'm back home. I ask myself "was this all wroth all the pain & almost my life". My son texted "o mama hope it was worth it!!!" it makes me sad that I almost lost everything!
I want to Thank all the medical expreance firemen, preimidics and doctors that saved me!
I will see in a few weeks if it was all worth it!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Did any one have bruising on the back side of your...

Did any one have bruising on the back side of your legs half way down to the knees?

Sunnyvegas you def went through a lot. I am so glad you are ok now. I complain about my skin being completely ruined from the reaction to the tapes. Now I feel like a whiner. You had a scary moment. Hope you are healing well.
Did anyone have problems with bruising? I've been walking & resting. Just have a huge bruise on the back of my legs. :(
Poor thing... Hang in there!

Today I've been pretty gassy & finally had my...

Today I've been pretty gassy & finally had my first BM, I up the dose to 2 colace pills. I eat soups & jellos, trying not to eat greasy or heavy foods. I made some jello bowls before i went in to surgery and added pineapple to each one(pretty tasty). A friend from the gym said not to eat red meat or shrimp so the scar will heel better. I'll try anything not to have a scar like I did before.
I've been walking almost every hour to get my excerise in don't want my blood to clot up. I've already had enough of the hospital, getting poked, jabbed & woken up every 3 hours. Good to be home! :)

My husband didn't say anything, cause at the moment he didn't want me to get upset. We did tell the RN in charge when I was discharged from hospital.
Yes I am working on get stronger & I have appt. with my PS on Tuesday. Check to see how I'm doing.
I am glad you said something before you left. That was so rude and unprofessional. Hope you are feeling better today. Congrats to your first BM. Hahaha.
I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been through. I hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday, started off to be a good day had my...

Yesterday, started off to be a good day had my left drain removed by PS. It didn't hurt at all, just felt like a small tug & she put gauze on it. PS said everything looked good & gave me a hug. He said he was glad to see I was doing better.
After wards my sister & I went to the store to get a couple of things, it was my first day to get out of house. I think i over did it. Last night I wasn't feeling very well, had chills & was sore. Took my meds & fell asleep the whole night! Today I'm not feeling that great. Guess I will rest up and get my energy back.
I have up the colace to 3/4 pills per day, ive only had 2 BM since I came home from hospital. Going to have to kick it up a notch!
I'm so blotted! :(
Wishing you all a speedy recovery!

Thank you everyone! Never though I would get congratulations on having a BM. LOL :)

Had a long night. I woke up about 1:15 am found a...

Had a long night. I woke up about 1:15 am found a lot of blood on the bed and my clothes. I called the PS he told me to change the padding & come in the office in the morning. I woke up my sister, she helped me change and washed the sheets and my garment. After a few hours of changing & washing things we finally fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning it was all bloody again. My sister came back and helped me clean it up. I got dressed & ready to get to the doctors as soon as they opened. They took me right back & change my dressing and found that I was bleeding from the hole that the tubing goes into. Hopefully it will stop and I can get rested up.
Have heeling to you all!! :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words. This is the only place I can talk about what's going on cause others don't understand.
Had a good nights sleep. My sister woke me up this morning just to see if I was ok. I wish she would've let me sleep. Cause it's been hard to take a nap in the afternoon.
My left drain was removed this passed Tuesday that caused the right one to work harder, so that's why it leaked on the bed the night before.
I've found that walking with a cane was so much easier than using the walker.
I only have the hospital bed till this Tuesday. Wondering if I should keep it longer? After 2 weeks are any of you sleeping in your normal bed?
Wishing you all a safe & speedy recovery. :)
Hi!
I am so sorry to hear that you had such a rough start...I hope you are doing better now.
Please go easy on yourself just keep in mind to take one day at a time. I will keep you in my prayers. :-)

Hello all TT's hope all is going well with your...

Hello all TT's hope all is going well with your healing. Last night my I started having a pain right under my rib cage. I took my last pain pill, which I was trying so hard not to take. Till the pain became unbearable. I will have to call & get an other prescription. It felt like my insides were pulling away, so I wrapped another garment on tighter. It gave me some relief! That's what they did to me when I was in ER to stop me from lossing any more blood. They wrapped me up really tight. It was so tight, it was hard to breath.

Ive seen my PS twice since I came out of hospital and not once have they checked my BP, temp or haven't asked me if I've had a BM. They just change my dressings and get me out. I guess I will have to go see my MD for after care.

My sister has been with me since I arrived home, I'm so blessed to have her in my life. I also have great neighbors one neighbor came over to mowe the lawn & his wife brought me lunch, 2 other neighbors have bought items from store for me. I was so worried about how I was going to handle everything while my hubby is away.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! :)

hey i hope you are doing good happy & fast healing prayers your way.
Thx u 53Texas! I just want to have a nice hot shower! The sponge & tub washes just aren't the same. I did get my hair washed, it was so nice, now just to get it Flat ironed. It's not too bad wearing the drain, just try to wear clothes that hide it when I go anywhere. Today after my appt. I walked out of PS office & my little drain bottle cap opened for NO reason, then the blood ran down my leg! Glad I was getting in the car & I had wipes in my purse. I hope it doesn't happen again when I have to go to the store.
Wow, you have really been through it! It sounds like you should be doing a lot of resting to avoid setbacks. Keep in mind that the drain helps reduce swelling (have to find something positive about the drains:) and swelling is much worse than drains. I hope your BP is good and your feeling better.

Thought it was getting better yesterday. Last...

Thought it was getting better yesterday. Last night my right foot started swelling up, there was a bright RED line showing up on the left side of my right foot. It was sore to walk on. So I went to bed and propped three pillows under my legs. I didn't want to take any more pain pills so I took a Xanax to relax and get some sleep.
It's feeling better this morning. I think I will try to stay in bed today.
Have a nice day to all beautiful TT women! :)

Happy Holidays! How are you doing?
Still a lot of swelling & still draining. They plan on removing drain on Tuesday. Just taking it one day at a time. Thank you N. Bisoto for asking. How are you doing? Hope all is going well for you. Take care, enjoy your weekend & your new body. :)
Hi!!!howl you doing today?better?I hope so!!!always remember DAY BY DAY IS GET BETTER EVERY DAY!!!happy healing.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

He answered all my questions & has done many Tummy Tucks. I have spoken to other women that have gone to him and they are happy with their results. The after care, hmmm they don't check vitals, they change dressing & send u home.