Latisse- Dangerous Medication! - Las Vegas, NV

I've tried Latisse on the reccommedation of...

I've tried Latisse on the reccommedation of the SPA consultant who has been using it for awhile. So she says... Purchased it on Friday and used that night. The next day my eyes were red and swollen!! They were so itchy and dry- I looked like I had a conjuctivitis. I can NOT reccommend this product at all!! Unlike other cosmetic products this item can't be returned, therefore I am $120 and I continue to suffer the consequences of my gaulabilty.

And for the docs outhere who had reccomend it this product I incurage the patients to ask them if they used themselfs. A lot of FDA approved producst outhere have been recalled. I would not  be surprized if this one isnext!

My daughter has used it for 2 days and woke up with her eyes swollen nearly shut, welts on her tummy, burning and itching all over her body, hands, palms and the back of her neck on fire and if you try to itch it...it causes even more pain. She has been on Benedryl and ibuprophen all day and it hasn't stopped. What could she do?
Paris Haute Fashion: Armani Prive autumn/winter 2012

Giorgio Armani what food was in a graceful mood any time he taken up this specific Armani Prive collection. Established against a sunset history, it oozed the kind of colour effects you may see if anyone squint your vision at the surface spectrum in the sun equally as it dips into the ocean - or when you get from the beverage menu in the course of happy hr.

Pale rosebud pinks, softest baby blue and ombre vanilla and also grey uncooked silks were content spun into collarless spencer, slender installed strapless
evening dresses 2012, worn above matching clothe blouses, or even tailored, spherical necked jumpsuits.

IN Images: See the Armani Prive collection

It could have already been overly saccharine possibly at times sweets levels do indeed climb to close to diabetic quantities, but about three key elements delivered things back again from the verge. First people trousers - no one pieces an Armani pant similar to, well, Armani. Wide, pleated and smooth as the Coalition government's every last policy, they're every bit as classy as a black outfits, and never way more than in the actual black velvet he delivered with a tastes looks.

So some of the styling at the start of the actual show, which had the versions in leg length collarless artist's coats in addition to blouses together with Philip Treacy berets, made them appear like distinctly unconventional. But overlook them. Your lesson here is that every person should possibly have a set of Armani wide trousers in her attire - at least every taller woman. Another woman should probably accept a thinner pair the other of those beautiful, glittery, sporty-meets-red-carpet cardigan-jackets they showed.

The next winner was the evening wear, which is probably what the front short period - Shailene Woodley, Sophia Loren, Zoe Saldana, Isabelle Huppert, Claudia Cardinale and also Michelle Yeoh * really reached see.

Any lightened up a sense ease, amplified with transparent, loosely minimize layers manufactured for a cooler, more relaxed character than the usual trussed upwards, over wrought reddish colored carpet seems to be that fashion so often ends up giving all of us.

Less can really be more, along with Armani, of all developers, is well placed to lead the way in which.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thank you for you quick response. I did do some further reading and found that the active ingredient in Latisse that is used for glaucoma can indeed cause cataracts. It is known that this drug is used in much lower quantities in Latisse, but still it is a mystery that in early 2010 at my eye exam there was absolutely no sign of cataracts (and it is a slow growing disease) and then after one and one half years of using Latisse, I have full grown cataracts that require immediate surgery.My doctor is very concerned about this as am I.
My history is exactly the same! Does Latisse warn of this, because I never knew this, and I read latiss's monograph. I am 44 years old and otherwise perfect eye health.
It is unfortunate that you have been diagnosed with cataracts but there is no medical reason why Latisse would have anything to do with it. For one, Latisse is applied to the eyelid, not the eye, and even it it was,the active ingredient is the same as a glaucoma drug that is put into the eye without any known association with cataracts.
I started using Latisse about a year and a half ago. I was just diagnosed with advanced cataracts at my 2011 exam. My 2010 eye exam, which was done right before I started using Latisse, shows no sign of cataracts. Also, cataracts usually take a long time to develop. What is going on here?

Me too, and my opthamologist explained why my theory makes perfect sense. Trauma causes these cataracts and Latisse induces the same effect as Trauma in these people that are complaining n this post, including me. Please Email me at ***l.com. I am going to go see an attorney.

What a silly review. The fact that one person has swelling from a "produscst" doesn't make it dangerous, and I think it's highly unlikely it will be recalled. Most people love the stuff.
Can an underlining issue of Galcoma be brought on by the use of Latisse? The redness symtoms around the eye on the facial tissue has deminished, but I am having distress toward the inner corner of my eye, It is red and feels terrible. This is my 4th week and the last night I will use Latisse until I get some advise.
I have went thru two bottles of Lattise and at first it didn't bother my eyes. After several uses my upper and lower lids turned a dark pink shade...in turn causing me to look very tired all the time, or it looked like my eyes were super irritatede. They were itchy. I have to say...my eye lashes looked awesome! The product does really work...but maybe b/c i have sensitive skin i guess...as soon as i stopped using it...all my beautiful lashes fell out!! Bummer...so now i'm trying to grown them back out...the reddness of my lids did eventually go away, it took about a week or two.
This product is amazing! As with everything in life, some people will have negative side effects but for most, this will be a safe product. My eyelashes look so amazing that I haven't even been wearing mascara and my friends are flipping out! Sorry this person had a negative reaction to it.
I am a doctor and your reaction was simply an allergic reaction. you are only allergic to a chemical in the treatment/substance. this product is only 'dangerous' (eye irritating) to the 3.6 % of people allergic to it. it is successful and harmless to the rest. hope this helps.
It has gotten into my eyes and I had no problem. I was afraid as I am hypersensative to EVERYTHING. Yet, I have had no problems with this. You should analyze all the ingrediants. There is something in it that you are allergic to and you don't want to use anything that contains the same product. So sorry you had a bad experience.
Great tip. I'll give it a try as it does get rather expensive. I've been using Latisse for 9 weeks and love the longer lashes. They're still blonde though, so for evening wear, I put on mascara and have lashes that look amazingly long.
After eight weeks I can notice a difference in my lashes. I do not use the brush as it wastes too much. I wash my finger tip and apply it that way.
The doctor who prescribed Latisse for me had a similar experience, although not quite as severe. She solved the problem by only using it every other day. Her lashes looked amazing, by the way!
Dear Oldteacher, I suspect that a small amount teared into your eye. What I would recommend is putting a smaller amount on the brush and keeping it slightly above the edge of the upper lid. Then none will go into the eye and you can see if you are intolerant. Good luck.
We do see redness for the first few days. The dryness goes away after that. I'd recommend taking 25 mg of Benedryl before applying half of a drop to two lids. Then see how your eyes do with the rechallenge. Please post your results if you do.
It is possible that you had an allergic reaction but more likely you just got it into your eye instead of on the skin at the base of the eyelash. One effect of the active ingredient is vasodilation, in other words the blood vessels dilate giving you a red eye. It is harmless and in any case avoidable if you just keep it out of the eye.
I had slight bloodshot eyes after suing it twice. One eye feels like it does when I am around cats! Could I have used too much? I'm stopping for now, but will try again in a few weeks. Do these initial side effects lesson over time? What side effects are drastic?
I had a less dramatic reaction -- very itchy lids, dry eye, but no swelling -- when I first used Latisse. I held off using it again for about five days, and then gave it another try. No reaction this time. I think that I put too much product on the brush the first time, and that I am slightly sensitive to it. You aren't supposed to get any IN your eye, and if you have blue or light-colored eyes, you face the possibility of getting brown splotches of pigment in your irises if you do (read the list of side effects... this is irreversible). I am still on my first bottle, and I see no change in the thickness of my lashes. I do think that they have darkened somewhat (although it's early to know if that's true, since this product works at the root level). I do have some eyelid darkening, but the precautionary statement says this is temporary. I figure I will do two bottles of this, and if I see no marked difference, I'll stop using it.
The pigment change is only brown eyes to browner and it happened in 1% of the population that used a 95% solution in the eyes for Glaucoma as oppossed to Latisse which is a 5% solution topically
I love this product. I used to have thicker and longer eyelashes in my teens, 20's and 30's, but by 40 something they thinned out and got shorter. I began using this product on Feb. 9, 2009. I purchased it from my dermatologist. My eyelashes are so much longer now and starting to fill in as well. I have had no adverse reaction to this product and I have already ordered more of the product to continue using it. I am using a small eyeliner brush to administer the product to my lash line only and wiping off any residual on the lid with my finger. What I like the most is the curl and the darkening of the hairs. The price is high but I recommend putting only one drop on a sterile surface and dipping the eyeliner brush tip into it and applying as it will last a lot longer that way. Good luck and if you use it enjoy your beautiful eyelashes!
I'm sorry that you had a bad reaction to the medication, but I'm not sure that it's fair to call it "dangerous". I would highly recommend that you contact your doctor and let them know that you had an allergic reaction to the medication. Drug companies like Allergan have hotlines for doctors to report adverse reactions that their patients experience. I am not sure how many clinical studies Allergan had to conduct in order to receive FDA approval, but the one mentioned in the prescribing information had 278 patients. That's not a huge number and although only 4% of the patients in that group reported mild reactions like redness and itching, the percentage could change as a larger population uses the medication. If your reaction was that bad, make sure that your doctor notes a bimatoprost allergy in your medical records.