Full Face CO2 Laser - Las Vegas, NV

Had this procedure yesterday. During the...

Had this procedure yesterday. During the procedure, my face felt warm with little pin pricks - the worst was around the lips and nose. It was not as painful as I thought it would be. They give you a Lortab and a Xanax before and put numbing cream all over.

I am 54, a redhead and have sun damage, wrinkles & loss of collagen, especially in my chin. I do Botox 3x/year and tried Radiesse for my chin but it didn't make a difference.

On the drive home, little dots of blood started to show - and by the time I went to bed my face was swollen & almost all scabby. I did put ice pack on my face as per the nurse & it helped. I am worried about infection but will follow their instructions; wash with sterile solution, use bactroban and cover with nonstick pads. The skin feels tight and hot -no pain. Slept through the night but did take an ambien.

Will not be able to leave the house for a few days. I will update in a week.

Thank you for posting your review.

Ouch this looks painful!   I will be anxious to see your one week pics though.

The peeling began last night - today is Day 4 and...

The peeling began last night - today is Day 4 and I'm supposed to use vaseline until all the peeling is done. My face is very warm - have been using ice packs on it - would really love one of those gel masks that you can put in the fridge. Its nice to have the darker skin slough off; the skin underneath is pink. I'll have to be very careful when I'm out in the sun!

No trouble sleeping and I didn't take any more of the pain meds.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

8 days post scan - still quite pink but that's to...

8 days post scan - still quite pink but that's to be expected - going through a 2nd peel in spots. One thing I didn't expect is that I had a few cold sores around my lips from the scan. My face has been itchy at times; called the Dr. and they said I could use OTC cortisone cream - I put some on but it seemed to irritate it more. I am now alternating organic coconut oil and Nivea - they both absorb quickly and feel great. The area around my eyes is swollen when I wake up but that seems to be getting less and less. Will report again in a month!

Hi, my friend and I are looking into this and look forward to hearing your final outcome and hope you will share more pictures....Hope everything working out for you
Hi Nevada99: Any updates on your progress at this point? Any complications since your last update, etc. Thank you!

1 1/2 months later and I am thrilled; the fine...

1 1/2 months later and I am thrilled; the fine lines and some of the deeper lines are gone or diminished. My skin looks refreshed. Would definitely recommend this procedure. The wait time between procedures is 6 months but its unlikely I would do it again. I was hoping that the sun damage spots on my forehead would have gone away but was told I should have had the "herbium" laser at the same time.

I am having done soon, Dr is giving me anti viral to prevent cold sores, says it is common, I am also redhead, were you given anti-viral?
I had my CO2 done in the late 90s by Dr Robert Milne and he's awesome. But the one thing he did, as opposed to other drs, was to not use vaseline or any petroleum products... rather he made his own concoction (he's a homeopathic MD) and so I never had any issues. I am now in Southern CA and am looking for a dr down here because I'm definitely ready to do it again. Totally worth it!
Update on my search for a dr in SoCal to do the CO2 resurfacing - I've decided to go back to the dr that did my prior procedure in Vegas. Why take a chance on someone new?
LA Laser Centre, Clint Martin P.A.