26 Year Old 5'1" 103 Lb JUST BOOKED BA - Las Vegas, NV

Hello! I'm a petite girl considering BA. I spent...

Hello! I'm a petite girl considering BA. I spent all middle and high school waiting for my body to fill out. I was even hopeful going into college. After seven years of college, a Doctorate degree, and a husband, I know that if I want to change my body, I'm going to have to take active measures.

I want this for myself. Almost every time I look in the mirror after I shower, my thoughts go directly towards wishing I had larger breasts. I'm pretty sure I would be content with a BA, but I have the opportunity to change the part of my body I want most changed, so why not? I've worked very hard to be where I am in life today, don't I deserve this?

I will admit I'm very apprehensive to bring this up to family or friends. My husband is fully supportive, and I know he would be fine with any decision. I'm originally from a small-town type of area, and while others opinions wouldn't persuade me, I can't help but want to shield myself from judgment. I very much value my mothers' opinions on things, so I'm hesitant to tell her because I want her approval.

I decided to book a consult after lots of research on local surgeons and online reviews. As each day goes by, I want this more and more and less and less at the same time. I've been to Victorias secret many times in the past few weeks, and I get excited at the though every time I'm there. I haven't bought new bras in months, hoping I might go through with this. I get excited at the though that I could actually change my least favorite part of myself. And then I convince myself that maybe this isn't necessary. What if I end up too big or too small? What if after all the pain and time off of work, I look ridiculous? I have a nice shape now, I don't want to ruin that.

Anyone willing to give advice on decision making or share that "ah-ha" moment where they finally decided to pull-the-trigger, I'd love to here your story! I'm about 75% sure right now that I want to do this, just want to go into this 100% when I'm ready.

Consultation tomorrow

I originally had a consult scheduled two weeks ago, but had to reschedule. I'm getting some nerves now. I still go back and forth, getting a little cold feet already! I still haven't told anyone besides my husband yet, and I think he's getting sick of me talking about it EVErYday! He's very supportive though and keeps telling me I should just do it because he knows how much I've been talking about it for the past year or so.

Any advice for my first consultation ?! I've read so many stories here that I think I'm prepared!

I've posted some wish pics too!

Feeling like a roller coaster

So I had my consult yesterday and I think it went well! The staff seemed rushed, but the office staff were very friendly, and Dr Smith was great! He offered great information and didn't try to up sell or sugar coat anything. I felt a little rushed trying on sizers, but I think I want 300 or so. Dr smith said my left breast was smaller and I would need an additional 25 mL on that side. I would consider going up to 350 even.

I decided it was time to open up to more friends and family about this since I felt I was in a good place after my consult. I told two of my best friends and they said they would support my decision, but also said they want me to be smart about it. After days and days of being nervous about telling my mom, I finally did. She was more worried than I thought. Breast cancer runs in her side of the family pretty strong, and she thinks I should keep my body the way "god gave me." She also thinks I'm going to come home looking like Dolly Parton. She's always been very proud of me, so this is discouraging. I don't want her to feel ashamed of me if I make this decision. My husband has been great the whole time and listens to me with attentiveness. I don't want to hurt my mom by doing this, but I know it's my decision. Leaves me feeling a little deflated :/

Pulling the trigger!

So I've still been up and down about booking the surgery, mainly because I felt 'down' after telling my mom about possibly having the surgery. We haven't really discussed it after too much, but she did ask if I booked a day yet and didn't say anything after (except she thinks I should spend my money on vaneers lol). So I'm pretty sure shes come to terms with it, which is good because I would hate to do something she is totally against.

This weekend I went to a couple different pools in my town of Vegas, and I hated having boob envy of almost every girl there! There are a lot of fake ones out here, but they all look great!! It really turned the tables again in my decision making. I WANT to love my body a bikini, and I DON"T want to spend my weekend wishing I looked like everyone else. So I think i'm finally going to STOP thinking about and just DO IT!!! It's just a big step since I have to put $1000 down...no backing out with that kind of cash on the line!!!

I hope I wake up tomorrow with the same courage :)

Sizers

Instead of booking a surgery date, I got cold feet and made oatmeal sizes instead, I started with 1.5 cups of oatmeal and thought it looked way too big (bigger than the dozers I rmeber at my surgeons office). Before I was thinking 325, but idk now. Does anyone that's had surgery think homemade sizes looked bigger than your results ?

Just scheduled my date!

After going back and forth for weeks, I finally booked my date! And although I'm glad I finally decided, I still feel tons of mixed feelings. I'm still worried of people judging me based on the fact that I'm having this procedure. My husband is very supportive of me, but I haven't felt much support from anyone else. I told my mom and she didn't think I should get it done, and my two best friends said I was fine the way I was but would be there for me if I did. I'm doing this because I finally can fix something about me that makes me feel inadequate. I love fashion but feel restricted from wearing certain clothes that I can't fill out on top. I also don't want to feel handcuffed to my push up bras to feel like I look good in clothes. I was also doubting whether I should put my body through this surgery. But when I try on my homemade rice dozers at home and put on clothes, I feel awesome, amazing. This doesn't have to be permanent if I don't like them, but I know that's a lot of money to spend to figure that out.

I think writing this out helps clarify my feelings. I'm hoping i will begin to feel more confident win my decision soon!

Finally feeling good

So I'm finally starting to feel excited about my upcoming procedure. My pre-op appointment is in about two and a half weeks, surgery is in 34 days. I still have a few moments of insecurity but overall I'm very relieved to have made a decision. I'm trying to wear my rice sizers around the house so I can get used to seeing myself that way. I'm hoping this will help me more when I have to make my final size choice. At my post-op i heard from others I won't see my surgeon. At my consultation we didn't talk about size or profile too much, but I see why he would spend more time the day of surgery discussing size, because it seems like a lot of people change their mind up until surgery day anyway. I'm pretty sure I won't stray too far from what I want now. I'm getting comfortable seeing myself with my 275 rice sizers, so I think I may go 300 or 325. I've considered 350 even, but I want to still stay reasonable and natural(as you can be with implants ). From reading other peoples experiences, it seems high profile is best for my small stature, although I so do love the natural drop shape. I would like to know if I would be able to have a moderate plus profile implant (even if it was smaller in cc). I can't believe I'm doing this! Finally excited, but still nervous!

Playing with sizers

I've been playing around with sizers and clothing options to become confident with a size decision. By the way, I made both oatmeal and rice sizers,!and I prefer playing with oatmeal :) it's not as scratchy and it smells nice!

Anyway, I'm becoming very comfortable with the 300 size. Thinking of leaning towards 325 now. My desired look is natural, and I would to meet new people and have them never have a thought that I had implants run through their mind... Unless I'm in a bikini maybe. Lol. I haven't met a lot of my husbands extended family, and I'm going to soon. I would like to remain overall petite.

I'm probably crazy, but my BA is scheduled for after work on Aug 26, around 4-5 pm . On sept 10, we are taking a red eye flight to New York City for 4 days for vacation and meeting more of husbands family. Basically two days sightseeing and two days just visiting/relaxing with family. Then the end of October, (will be about 2 months post op), we will be taking a Mediterranean cruise.
I hope I don't have too much planned that soon post op. I have a decently high pain tolerance and in pretty good shape. Anybody go in post op vacations that could give insight on how your recovery mixed with vacation ?

Good luck! I bet you're so excited! You have a lot planned for post op, hope you're feeling well enough by then.
i went camping in the mountains 2 weeks post op and i was pretty miserable, the high altitude made me really tired and out of breath, so i slept a lot. I was still having little pain and soreness, couldn't move my arms much, and i couldn't go fishing : ( i managed to ride in a razor on a bumpy trail, don't know if that affected my healing process lol.
It's so good to read about another person who feels so similarly to you! I have felt the same way for years and am very private about my BA! I am due for surgery in 13 days. I'm excited and nervous. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them as I go for my surgery before you! Best of luck :)
Good luck with your surgery! I thought a month would fly by, but I think the clock is ticking slower than ever because I think about the surgery everyday! I hope you keep us updated on your recovery!
u look amazing girl.. keep us posted please :)
I was super nervous and had mixed feelings as well. I just wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. Even on the day I went in for surgery I was like seriously why do I do things like this to myself lol but I'll tell ya, I'm 1 week post op and I couldn't be happier. I love them and I am so glad I just went with it!! I am even having a bit of boob greed and almost wish I would have gone bigger, but its to early to tell just yet. When is your surgery set for?! My biggest advice is to just relax, everything will work out for you! :)
I feel the same way as you. I am no excited about BA. I don't know if this feeling is just hormonal or else. I know I might benefit from bigger boobs, I don't know what is wrong with me. Almost setting date for my BA, end of August or Sept. I am very private about my BA, I am not telling to many people, some friends don't understand it...and I don't need anyone to discourage me. I know I want this. Now I just want to be more excited about it, like I was before. I am doing it!
Good luck ! Your words sound a lot like me! Lol a month ago I felt exactly the same way as you, I was worried of complications , but now I'm happy to see my results and looking back at my old pictures, surgery is nice enhancement :) I did it not telling everyone except few that are close to me, even then I went through with the decision so fast that others didn't have a chance to speak their opinion lol.
Hi PRN, this sounds so exciting, good for you for deciding to go with it!! I was exactly like you and scared about going through with the operation and what it might mean, but I don't regret it for a second! What size are you currently? I went with 325cc and I am pretty happy with my decision. I wouldn't have mine going bigger, but unfortunately that wasn't an option. :) Good luck!
I am in the exact spot you are in. I went to three consults and found the third to be the best one. I am deciding between July 30th and Aug 4th. I am supposed to give them an answer Monday which day I want. I have to make a decision by Monday or the spot will be filled fast. And my window to do the BA is around that time frame. Knowing that, and eager to do it, I am still somehow scared because it seems so real and final once I reserve the date and put the deposit down. So you put your deposit down already? When are you planning to do it?
I have already been approved for time off at the end of August. I'm in a wedding in the beginning of August, and I didn't want any attention on me or my boobs, so I knew I would want to wait until later that month. I really want to call tomorrow, they require a $1000 deposit to reserve a date. I'm hoping I wake up brave!!
Maybe both of us can be brave and put DOWM a deposit and reserve a date today. Good luck. :)
i also went to Dr. Smith in Vegas for consult and I was caught up in the excitement of a new me, going away for professional school in the fall thinking that it would be the perfect time to do it, and ended up put down my deposit, so there is no turning back now, no refunds. Just carefully consider how important it is to you emotionally and not just physically, will you still feel like your true self afterwards, can you picture larger breasts in the mirror, how do you feel about putting foreign material in your body? Just be aware of the complications that can come, every woman is different. You may need additional surgeries in the future, make sure you have the funds. I am scheduled for surgery 6/23 i almost wanted to back out.... its one of those I'm excited but also terrified of the outcome.
Hi there, thank you for sharing your story so far. It helps 'normalise' things a little for me too. My story is similar in that I am also in this decision making stage and it's been really difficult! I am at a stage in my life that I feel like it's the right time for a BA (38, 2 kids, both were breastfed. 34aa, 55kg). I started the ball rolling and had a consult 3 weeks ago. I was so anxious about it! The PS was great and very honest about the risks, both short term and long. I, too have breast cancer in the family and I am place at only a slightly higher risk than other women but nevertheless I'm still worried that implants can interfere with mammography results. On the flip side, I also think I'm around 80% sure I'd like to go ahead with a very conservative, subtle increase in size- in fact I'd prefer to just fit in as opposed to attract attention to myself. Anyway- the decision is hard for some of us! I have also spoken to my GP, booked an appointment with a breast cancer specialist surgeon to obtain an unbiased opinion about the mammography issue (ps actually said it was easier to feel any lumps on the breast tissue as the implant pushes it forward if that makes sense) and have had a session with a lovely counselling psychologist about my ability (or not!) to make a sound decision about this without tying myself up in knots about it! Yes, I'm a stress head- it's true! I have only told my husband and am very apprehensive about telling my mum. This is hard as I am really close to her. Anyway- am looking forward to hearing more about your 'journey'- all the best!!
I am also very petite I weigh 105 lbs and am 5'1. I have always been a small girl but during my sophomore year in high school I finally had my growth spurt and went from a barely A cup to a small C. I absolutely loved my body and felt so comfortable. I feel like it was almost overnight where I woke up and realized I had a B cup after 3 years of being blessed with my desired size. I started becoming self conscious because I was always a very skinny girl with curves and I felt like I couldn't work out anymore without losing the little but of shape I had left. I am one week post op and, I have to say, I couldn't be happier with my decision. I went from a small B to a full C by adding 397 cc of highly cohesive silicone (gummies). With the gummies they look and feel natural. The way the implant falls in your body allows most of the silicone to fall toward the bottom, like the tear drop implants, which helps achieve a rounder look at the bottom while giving you a natural slope. And the way they feel are amazing! When I picked up the implant to try it on in the bra I was given I was amazed at how real they felt. I don't think my case is the norm but I felt no pain other than mild discomfort in the morning and when trying to sit up the first day. I was advised with my type of implant not to wear a bra for the first month so my breasts would settle naturally. I'm sure you can tell by now, the natural appearance was my goal! I went off my consultation and called back later that day to schedule my surgery. Everything about my ps, the office, his staff, the information I received and the completeness of their responses to my questions made me feel confident that this was the right decision for me. I paid $7300 outright for my procedure and have no regrets. Going to the consultation was difficult for me because I feel like the longer I plan, think, and wait for something the less likely I am to go through with it but I am very happy I did. I hope this helped!
Did you get the tear drop shape gummy implant or did you just get the normal shape silicone?
I have the tear drop gummy implants
Hi there! I myself am petite 5 2 and about 101 lbs. all through middle and high school I was waiting for my body to catch up with all my girl friends and even my younger sister who today is a 38EE bra size! after marriage and 3 kids, nursing for over 67 months, I looked like a 12 year old boy. I hated my husband to see me naked, I bated to look in the mirror! it was affecting my life so much that after talking with my husband and my mom, (which wasnt as hard as I thought) I set up an appointment with a board certified and American Society of Plastic Surgeons surgeon. I liked her and the office staff right away! she put me an ease and when I explained what I wanted, natural and not "hello" I got a boob job done, lol! she undunderstood and showed me different sizes and the more she showed me the more I was excited! **if you havent yet go to www.natrelle.com and order their pre-consultation kit. it has size samples, bra, an educational dvd and a booklet. my surgeon uses Natrella Iimplants. I printed so much information off, that I just couldn't stop thinking about it, lol. so my surgery was just last week May 14, about 4 days, and I have to say I am so glad I did this! its sore and a little painful first thing in the morning, and of course I am still swollen but now when I look down I see boobs, lol and cleavage! :) so I dont have an after size yet, but I am thinking a full B, small C. which at this point anything is better the the 32AA I was before! another advantage is I was two different sizes, my left was slightly bigger and she was able to match them to be more similar: I got 300 cc silicone on my smaller side and 260 cc on the bigger side. I am pleased beyond words with how they are healing. if you want to email me, I wouldn't mind giving you more information! I am feeling pretty confident in my decision and I dont mind sharing, lol! jandjchapman02@msn.com