Nervous About Tummy Tuck - Las Vegas, NV

I have been debating on a tummy tuck since 2009....

I have been debating on a tummy tuck since 2009. At one point I was so ready and the Friday before the surgery I called the Surgeon's office and canceled. Luckily he refunded all the money but $500 for blood tests. Now two years later I am ready to do it. I went from 115 to 222 pounds after I had my second child. They are now 8. I had them 10 months apart. After that I had 3 miscarriages. I finally learned I would not be able to have more children. I am now at a steady 145 pounds and 5ft-2in short. I had a personal trainer tell me he didnt want to take my money because no matter how hard I tried, that excess skin will always be there.

I have such great fear of being put under anesthesia. Death always comes to my mind. I think of my 2 girls and how they would suffer without me. But I am at the point where I also get frustrated when it comes time for a special event. I hate how my clothes fit me or actually the clothes I want to wear don't fit me. Even my girls tell me I could wear a bathing suit only if I fix my stomach. One even said my belly reminds her of a peanut. Both the shape and texture from all the stretch marks.

I am scheduled to have the surgery done September 12. I met with 6 doctors. I have read many of the stories here in order to give me motivation but something in the back of my head still tells me not to. I want to do it for myself. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary next year and are going on a cruise. There is no way I can wear a swimsuit looking like this. I have posted some pictures so I can get some feedback. Also, I noticed all surgeons advised me to get lipo on my flanks. Is that really necessary? Does it make a big difference? Has anyone declined lipo and was unhappy with the results? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Tummy Tuck Club!!

All I can say girlie is DO IT!   You are going through all of the normal pre surgery fears.  We have all been there and made it through just fine.   It's honestly the best thing I ever did for myself.  I feel like a completely new woman and would do it all over again for the results I ended up with.

Stick with all of us on RealSelf and we will all help you through it and support you.

Glad to hear you met with a number of doctors.  I highly recommend that:)

You will be fine and looking hot in that swim suit on your anniversary cruise.

19 more days until surgery date. I am getting...

19 more days until surgery date. I am getting really anxious and want to just get it over with. I want to see how I will look after the surgery. Monday is my pre op.
Looking at your body and mine it is almost like looking in a mirror. I am the same as you, a few years ago I went to a doctor and then I got scared and said I can do it myself. Well that hasn't happened yet! haha. I know you are scared and I feel anxious for the same reason. You know what is weird for me though is if I were going under for a surgery to have my gallbladder like I did, I wasn't scared about not waking up. I wasn't scared about what could go wrong in the surgery because it was needed. I guess when you are deciding yourself to do it that is when it gets scary for some reason. But if you think of it people do this everyday all over the world! I sometimes ask people if they know of anyone that has had plastic surgery and had problems. Now I wouldn't go and Google it because it would just be too overwhelming. I think you will do fine and you are doing the right thing. Like you said you see all these stories on here of making it through recovery and they are having their dream come true! It's like being scared to go on a plane because you think it will crash, but how often do you hear of plane crashes? Especially compared to the amount of planes that fly around right? It sounds like you will have support and just keep thinking of allll that you can do when this is over and the weight that will be lifted off you! I totally will be your cheerleader through this! We really do look almost identical so I'm feeling a little connected here. Hopefully when I get to be able to do my surgery I can help someone else out and get a buddy! You are going to be fine!! :)
You will see you will look great!!!! Be very positive!!! Everything will be all right.

Less than a week for the big day. I am more...

Less than a week for the big day. I am more nervous as the days go by. But I think about how good I will (hopefully) look and feel better.
You're going to look great, good luck!
Good luck on your surgery!
I am scared of flying too! haha I have been on a plane once, well 2 times technically for the return trip and the worst part was the take off. I felt myself going back in the seat a little and I felt like my feet were coming off the ground but after that first minute I started to relax. The take off might have been worse because I was so tense, I had to remember my yoga breathing. I don't remember being quite as scared the return trip but now it's been almost 2 years since I flew and I'm back to being scared again haha. You should have asked the pharmacist how many people go through plastic surger and DON'T have complications with it. I'm sure it isn't that many percent wise because if it were why would the surgeries still be allowed?? I think it is just making sure the doctor is good and you have thought of every question to ask. I am already making a list. Just be prepared for the rollercoaster emotions and the pain of not being able to move much and the helpless feeling. I cried with my gallbladder surgery because it felt like it would never end and I would never eat again and would never poop haha. Well I assure you I have ate again haha. Maybe have yourself ready your favorite movies or tv shows, some books or magazines that you like. Once the pain is gone I think it's about distraction and for sure letting your fears and joys out. After I would talk to my friends and cry I really felt so much better. I have asked a doctor before about if the tummy tuck will pull any fat that is at the bra line on the back up tight and they said it would some. Of course this was just a long talk with a coordinator I didn't go in to get physically looked at yet. Did they tell you about any of that? I am for sure going to be thinking about you next monday and I will pray for you too!

I picked up my meds yesterday. Luckily the...

I picked up my meds yesterday. Luckily the pharmacist that was so negative wasn't there yesterday. The date is getting near.
Good Luck on your surgery. I am very nervous too but I just keep telling myself that I'm not going to let the fear win. I've been an anxious person my whole life and have missed out on a lot becaise of it... WELL NO MORE!! Every day I try at least 3 different outfits on in an effort to hid my pooch - I'm always conscious of it and it drives me crazy. If I cancel this surgery because of my fears and doubts I will nver forgive myself!! I have this little pep talk in the mirror with myself every morning - it really helps (-:
I hope :)
Thank you.

Well it is now 3 more days until the big day....

Well it is now 3 more days until the big day. Today doesn't count any more :). I have lost a lot of sleep over the past two nights. I have been waking up every hour. I try to be positive but the waiting is horrible. Hope to catch some sleep tonight.
Your new tummy is going to look fantastic! Best wishes for a smooth surgery and easy recovery!
Well I am very nervous since it is now Thursday night. I haven't slept that much the past two nights.

The weekend is here. Monday is just around the...

The weekend is here. Monday is just around the corner. Surprisingly I don't feel too nervous but I have not been able to sleep for about 3 nights now. My daughter said I have under my eyes. Not what I want to hear right now. This weekend will be very busy. I home school my 2 3rd graders so I have to prepare all their work so they will be able to work on their own for a couple of days. I have to do lots of laundry. As if it wasnt any worse, my parents are out of town and I have been the supplemental babysitter for my brother's two step kids for the last two weeks. A 1 and a 4 year old. I have fallen so behind on my house work. I think I am freaking out. Hopefully today I can actually sleep knowing I don't have to get up extra early tomorrow to babysit them. Today is the last day, and hopefully I get all my housework done between today and tomorrow.
Saying prayers for you tonight & hope u have a smooth rerecovery.
I hope everything went fine in your surgery and wish you a fast recovery! Let us know how are you.
I will keep you in my prayers. You will be fine. Just think of it as a nice nap.

Day one post op. I wanted to see if I could make...

Day one post op. I wanted to see if I could make it without pain killers but a few hours ago I gave in. The doctor told me I had to take them because he wanted me walking around. What a difference they make. I had an appointment today to change my dressings. My incision is very low and so far it looks good. I am so excited and cant wait to see myself in a week.
Congratulations on going through with it! My sister and I went to our consultation with Dr.Stile on the 13th! I am supposed to call back on Monday to schedule my tummy tuck :) We have a lot in common from what I have read... (10th anniversary next year, 2 kids, my daughter will be 8 next month, gall bladder removed last year, same height)...kinda funny. Oh yeah, and definitely got some matching tummies!...at least we used to. I'm excited, nervous, and anxious all at once!
Good to hear the surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery.
Excited to see your results!

Hi everyone. I am 6 days post op. I have mixed...

Hi everyone. I am 6 days post op. I have mixed feelings about the whole surgery. I know it is normal to be emotional. I hadnt gone online because I see others at 5 days post op and they have a flat tummy already. I am so swollen I regret doing this. I am afraid I will stay this way. Yesterday I got a big scare. I woke up to a pain and a tingling on my leg. I looked it up and the first thing I saw was DVT. Clotting. So I decided to call my doctors office. Right away they sent me for an ultrasound of my legs and everything came back fine. Thank God. I only took pain meds Tues-Thursday. I felt so constipated I stopped. But the pain is not too bad. Actually being swollen bothers me more than the pain. I havent been able to see my belly button because I have dressings on my whole tummy. When I went for a dressing change I couldn't see. Actually, I was afraid to see but now I regret it. I am doing very good with the drains. Today the whole day I have only had about 10cc on each side and it is almost clear.
Tuesday is my follow up to hopefully remove a drain. I am hoping they remove both. Will keep everyone updated.
Hi onehappymom,
I'm glad to hear your recovery is coming along . Don't be discouraged everyone recovers at a different pace which is why it's so hard to compare one persons 4 to 5 day preop to another. That doesn't mean I don't totally understand how you are feeling but give your body sometime. I'm sure you will look great!!!
Hi Onehappymom!
I am glad you are on your way to recovery.Don't worry about the swelling. It is a constant up and down. One day you can wake up very flat and the next day you can feel like you are 3 months pregnant. That is normal. I know you get anxious, but look at it as a long journey and patiently wait because everything will eventually go away. I am 1 month post-op and I have swelling over my pubic area too. The numbness and tightness around the area of the scar is still present.I also had mixed feelings during the first days, but reading the experiences of others helped me understand that we are all in the same boat. Try some ice packs in the areas of swelling and eat papaya (if you like it), which helps with inflammation. Good luck!
Thanks for making me feel much better. I guess I expected instant results from looking at other before and after pictures but now I feel much better knowing that it takes time. It feels strange that I don't have any sensation to the touch near my incision. I didn't feel anything when the lady at the doctor's office was changing my dressings. Strange feeling.

I have posted my one week follow up. I still...

I have posted my one week follow up. I still cannot believe it is me. my swelling has been going down since then and the scare is healing. Even at this point I look way better than before. I cannot wait to start the gym and wear a cute workout outfit. No more oversize tshirts and having to hold in my stomach so it wont bounce around.
Hi!

Do you mind answering some questions? I was hoping to connect with local tummy tuckers so, I would feel more at ease with my decision.
I am in the process of selecting my PS and came across your post from last yr. I see that you've selected Dr. Stile for your TT. How do you like it now after a year? Are you happy with the end results?
Your response is greatly appreciated! Thank you
How are you doing with recovery?
I did opt for the lipo. I had my initial consultation before finding this website. So I didn't have as much ammunition as I do now. Yours is the first one where I see the similarity in our shape (I'm larger than you), and you didn't get lipo. I'm getting lipo of the flanks and lower back. Hoping the lower back will get some of my butt. I'm also hoping as an added bonus he can get a bit of the hips as well. LOL! I have my pre op appt tomorrow. So now I have tons of questions for him.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

The doctor was really nice in explaining everything to me. He does seem a little rushed but he makes sure all my questions are answered. Great bedside manners. I think so far I made a great choice. His staff is always available. They are really helpful.