6 Days and Counting. Scared, Excited, Nervous, Anxious, Worried...- Las Cruces, NMtg

Hello ladies, I have been "stalking" this website...

Hello ladies, I have been "stalking" this website for over a year now doing my research. I went for a consult last year but was not able to secure financing through Care Credit, so I had to wait. I have been researching doctors, prices, pictures, reviews and stats for awhile. I am a 36B, with the help of padded bras, but have always been flat chested. I don't mind the top of my breast being flat but I want more fullness of the bottom portion. I can't wait until I can lay on back and still have boobs, lol. I went for my consult today at the same doctor I went to visit last year because he's local and I am still impressed, a year later, with his work. I found another doctor with VERY reasonable prices($3,800 silicone includes all fees) but I have to travel to get there. I did the math and the cost to fly, get a hotel room, take time off work for 4 days, meals, cab fare and pay a nurse(I will be travelling alone and you MUST have a caregiver with you), it would balance out to be about the same price to stay local. My first choice was Dr. William Hedden of Birmingham, AL. I decided to go with Dr. Scot Martin of Las Cruces, NM. I would appreciate any pointers of what to do to prepare for surgery, post-op and any other suggestions that will be helpful. Just a reminder:my surgery is in 6 days!!!!! I'm sooooo excited and a bunch of other emotions also. I can't believe I'm really doing this....

Hello ladies, my pre-op was today. I wanted...

Hello ladies, my pre-op was today. I wanted a tummy tuck also but I'll have to wait for that one. Three days and counting. I've never been so ready for the weekend to be over, lol.

In less than 24 hours,I will no longer need to...

In less than 24 hours,I will no longer need to wear a padded bra!!!!!

I did it!!!! Photos coming soon. So far I felt...

I did it!!!! Photos coming soon. So far I felt the most pain during recovery before I was given the Valium. My chest like someone was squeezing my lungs. I just handled the pain the best way I know, BREATHE. Every deep breathe was work and thought I was going to pass out. I didn't have any nausea. My doctor gave me the nausea patch and pill before surgery. I brung some saltines crackers and a sandwich with me. I also had vitamin water(this once I got in the car). I'm doing arm stretches to ensure my muscles don't stiffen up tomorrow . The experience wasnt as bad as I thought. I went ahead with 450cc under the muscle silicone sub mammary incision. I think I went big enough. I'm 5'5 160lbs 36B(not a full B).

My upper back on the left side hurts. my ...

my upper back on the left side hurts. my incision burns. the frozen vegetables really helps with swelling. I'm still waiting on a bowel movement. I've eaten cereal, cookies, coffee, fresh fruit and took my detox system but so far just gas.

UPDATE

I have been missing for awhile ladies but thanks for the concern. I will put up some recent pictures soon. I am 5 months post op and I go see my PS Wednesday. I love the fullness of boobs and I can now go bra shopping :) I still have shooting pains on the sides of breasts' every now and then but nothing that warrants pain medicine.

I am scheduled for a full tummy tuck on the 21st of this month and I am NERVOUS because this surgery is more invasive than the implants( and I also live alone).

I bought two bras at Victoria Secret last month and I vow not to go there anymore. I have two support bras that I use as everyday bras, size 38D. I go to VS and let the fitting room attendant measure me and my size is 38C, in their store. The bra looked good at first but once I got home and wore it for awhile, it was very uncomfortable. I was able to see part of my areola and the straps were not comfortable. I like push up bras but I do not like to have "spillage".

Tummy Tuck without lipo

Today is the day!!!!! This is well deserved and long waiting. I look six months pregnant in my before pictures.

This shit HURTTS!!!!!!

Tummy tuck is no joke. Thank you doctor for admitting me.

Different doctor for the tummy tuck.

I went to a military doctor.
West Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lots and lots of research. Real Self and Love your look were my main references. I would like Dr. Scot Martin's entire staff. We kept each other laughing and I felt at ease during my entire process. Dr. Martin answered every question I had (I had a two page list) and so far I like my results. I didn't feel like I was going in for major surgery; it seemed like a regular doctor's appointment. I would've loved a MILITARY discount-I had to throw that in there.

How long did you stay in Birmingham? I would be out of state too and I don't know how long after the surgery I should plan to stay before flying home.
I went local. My comfort won the battle over pricing. Going out of state was cheaper but I wanted to be at home and I wanted to see my surgeon face to face (in touching distance, lol) for my post op appointments.
Had to say hello, I am from las cruces too! I decided not to go with Dr. Martin but am curious what your experience has been so far?
Hey Tweet you need to get some colace stool softener apple juice and prune juice that will help you go. Take you're meds with those juices. And take the stool softener twice s day.
I'm normal now. I'm off the pain meds but not the muscle relaxers.
I drank coffee and it worked immediately.
Tweety what size implants did you end up getting?
450cc. I almost went 425 but my doc told me to go with my first decision. looking at them now I probably could have went 500 but I didn't want to over do it.
450 silicone
You look great! Do you love how full they are? How do they feel?
yes fullness is what I was aiming for. the feel tight but constantly stretching helps to keep me lose. I'm not stiffening up. my back hurts though.I take my pain meds on a regular schedule. I was aiming for a full C.
Yay!!! You did it! I'm so happy for you! Are you taking percocets? What size were you aiming for? I had a consult todayand chose 350's I hope I'm not going too small. I'm 5'7" 150lbs. Anyway happy healing. I can't wait to join you!
I'm taking Demerol and Valium. The Valium is a muscle relaxer and a life saver. The Valium allows to be able to do the stretches. We are about the size, you are just taller. I personally would try 350-400cc just to see how they look.
my bra size isn't s major concern. I wanted to Keep the shape I have but I wanted fullness. No huge boobs just filled out. No more fried eggs or scooping out of my arm pit.
I have 450cc, I'm 5'5 160lbs. I was a 36B-I didn't fill a 36b I always had a lot of pads or a push up bra. 350 maybe ok for you but remember you are taller and you may need a larger size depending breast tissue. my doctor gave me a choice of 400 425 450 silicon under the muscle submammary
Congrats tweety I'm so happy for you can't wait to see your new girls you will love them rest as much as possible.im now 5 days post op and it gets better each and every day. Happy healing doll : )
So far the pain isn't that bad. I feel like I had a long upper workout and now my muscles are sore. Any suggestions for the itching? I don't want to scratch and end up with stretch marks.
Hey tweety there is some cream call trilastin it's a but pricey but great god preventing and treating stretchmarks. I use it in my boobs when they itch. I was using that cream on my belly and hips so I decided to use if On my boobs as well. Try it out you won't be sorry. Happy healing lady you look great : )
Unfortunatly I have to work and drive today. The stretches really to prevent stiffness and sore. I stretch all through the day and started as soon as left the doctors office. Lotion really helps with itching and I take my bra off at night.
thank you. Ill look for it today
Your welcome : )
Don't worry , I was nervous to, but I promise. The pain u will feel is not bad AT ALL. it's just a little uncomfortable !
I just kept telling myself, "OMG, I'm really doing this!!!" I'm glad I did. Tummy tuck next but I know that recovery will be way more challenging.

Lol my surgery is in 2 weeks ! I fell ya girl! All types of emotions nervous excited Anxious second guessing lol but knowing this is what u want .... Take care of yourself as u have been .. Congrats on the new boobs :)