Much Easier Than I Expected! - Langhorne, PA

Like most, I was very anxious about getting a...

Like most, I was very anxious about getting a tummy tuck, mostly because of the pain I'd feared I'd be in. However, the "pain" I am feeling isn't really pain, but rather a tightness (as if I way overdid it at the gym and did 4,000 crunches). Yes, I'm on pain meds, but they are making me very sick to my stomach & I already plan on trying to go to just straight tylonal by 5 to 7 days post op. I still plan on taking it easy & following doctors orders, but I am pleasantly surprised at how I feel right now. I know everyone's recovery is vastly different because we all have different bodies & lifestyles (I'm a vegetarian who works out 6 days a week that had a belly that would just not disappear after having 3 kids in 2 years). Best wishes to all who decide to go through with the surgery! I've yet to find a review or hear a story of someone who regretted getting it done, no matter what their post op experience.

Day two now & I'm starting to feel more... It's...

Day two now & I'm starting to feel more... It's still not as bad as I had expected. The nausea has been unrelenting. I think that's the worst part. There is one small section of my incision that is sore, but my abs are feeling a lot better! I can't wait to go to the doctor in a few days and get my drains out & get a full view of my belly. Still totally worth it!

Day 3 Update: I'm able to stand upright today, but...

Day 3 Update: I'm able to stand upright today, but it feels very awkward with all the binding & tubes, so I will remain, as my husband describes me, the hunchback who lives upstairs! All the pain meds and the meds that are keeping me from losing my lunch are making me very dizzy, so I'm still in bed.
I also am having one issue that I expected, but hope to remedy tomorrow - I haven't been able to go #2 since before my surgery. I'm hoping the Miralax does the trick tomorrow!

Almost 5 weeks out now & I feel 100%! I'm still...

Almost 5 weeks out now & I feel 100%! I'm still taking it easy, per doctors orders. No heavy lifting or excessive walking. I have a hematoma that burst a few weeks ago, so I have a lump about the size of a small apple on my lower abdomen. It doesn't bother me at all. The doctor is monitoring, but he assured me it will dissolve. Overall I'm very satisfied with my care & the results! Once the swelling subsides completely & the hematoma lump dissolves, I'll look better than new!
Dr. Lam

Great doctors office with excellent, knowledgable staff. The doctor is very good at what he does. He's very busy & talks fast, but always answers every question and makes the patient feel comfortable with their decision. He's very qualified (double board certified) and not once ever made me feel awkward or uncomfortable. Didn't give the full 5 stars for everything because, like I said, he's a busy guy, but the time he does spend with you is never wasted! Plus, I'd rather have someone who is very skilled at the surgery part vs spending hours with me. He had a job to do & does it well!

I think you can do it! I currently do not work, but am a stay at home mom to a two year old & twin one year olds, so I'll be back to caring for them again in a few weeks. :-) Just listen to your body and the doctor & nurses and get as much help as you can. It's worth it!
sounds like you are doing well, glad to see it's not as bad as you expected. I worry because I will be back to work by day 18 so I am looking to see how well the improvement goes by day 15 as I watch others who have had there surgeries already.
Hi milosmommy, I went back to work (admin stuff) after 18 days. I was still walking slow and found if uncomfortable but made it thru my 10 hour days. I would come home have dinner, shower take a pain pill and relax. Basically be down for the night... Just finished my second week back and im so glad its the weekend. Itll give my body a break and help recover. Just make sure and take it easy. I found that i would get up from my desk and take as many walk breaks as i could. Being able to socialize with my coworkers helped too. Being home for two weeks not being able to do much was making me crazy, lol. Other than that, i found that getting ready in the morning took me twice as long as it used to take me.
Congratulations! What day did you have your surgery? I pray I have minimal "pain" during my recovery like you! Do you have a pain pump?
I had my surgery on August 10. I don't have a pain pump, just a prescription pain pill. I am planning on starting to wean from the pain pill in a few days. I think the side effects are making things worse! I was so terrified of the pain (I am not super tough, but also think recovery and pain can be controlled with attitude), but it has been the easiest surgery I've had so far (I've had an appendectomy & emergency c section with twins).