Worst Decision of my Life - Lakewood, WA

Hi all. Maybe I am having a pity party, but here...

Hi all. Maybe I am having a pity party, but here is my story. 15 months ago I had a breast aug with a board certified plastic surgeon. This would have never ever been possible in my life except that I was given a 5 thou inheritance from mother in law. It was all she had left, left it to me to do something for me, since she moved into my home and I caretook her as she died from liver cancer. We are low income and live in a trailer. The idea of feeling pretty, at age 47 with saggy ugly empty breasts was a dream!
First surgery...left me with one very saggy (but now not deflated) breast that falls into armpit. And one breast with high and tight cc. I live 3 hours away and went back over and over to finally talk the surgeon into "fixing" them. He was mad, you could tell in his voice. But he grudgingly agreed to capsulorraphy on one and mastoplexy on other. Scheduled for 3 months in future. Wait and wait. A week before its time, I get a call , he had a medical emergency. Reschedule me with different guy in the practice. For another 2 months out. (So now we are past the one year mark. Meet the guy a few days before surgery. He says oh let's not do a mastoplexy. Let's do a dermal graft from your hysterectomy scar and "fill up" the hollow in the breast. So he crosses out on my chart what first dr. Wrote. And agrees to capsulorraphy on the other breast. Long story short...I have a bad case of bottom out on the cc side (he went way too low?) And the loose hanging one, didn't work at all. And now I have a 8 inch scar as he doubled the hysterectomy incison size.
Have no hope of ever paying to have this fixed with anyone else. The bottom out one hurts to wear a bra or cami as the band always hits the tissue with no support.
This was the worst decision of my life.these guys are board certified..but what good does that do me?

Here it is..and the dermal graft site ,that was...

here it is..and the dermal graft site ,that was supposed to only go through my hysterectomy scar. i guess i am going to get a lawyer
avalon clnic

I chose this place as a friend had a good experiance. And price. And they are board certified.

You deserve so much more!!! Your mother in law gave you this money because of all of your hard work taking care of her -- you deserve a fix!! I had to charge my entire revision on my credit card also because of a complication and I am in serious boob debt, so I feel your pain. Something should be done for you that will fix this!! I am sending out serious positive thoughts on your behalf that a workable solution will happen for you soon!!!
This is a terrible story. You must do something about this. Speak to a lawyer. So sorry.
Hey Grandma 2006, WOW ! What a story !! Is their legal aid that can assist low income people ? This sounds unethical !!! I'm very sorry for you !! Everyone , Keep posting because we need to know the good and the bad experiences !!!

I agree. That was uncalled for.

Let's not judge.

STFU arielle...she can do whatever she wants with her money!!!! you have no right to judge. If you're going to hate, get off this site...no one needs your criticism or insults.
Hurray for your comment kooberry. That's right !!
I was just telling my story and not sure why that one person had to be a hater. I thought we were supposed to share experiences here, so people can make informed decision. As far as my breast, it is what it is. A bad outcome isn't the same as malpractice. Someday, maybe I can get them redone by someone who specialist in reconstruction. For now a good underwire bra and you can't really tell with clothes on. I will save legal aid for a single mother trying to get help with child support or something. Yep we are poor , but it's defiantly a "first world' problem. Not a life or death problem . My attitude about it is getting better. It just is, what it is.
Thanks for sharing. Best to you !
I agree!!! This is not the place to judge what people doe itch their money!!!
Oh, jeez, let me rephrase. This is not the place to judge what people do with their money!!!
What I don't really understand is you said you live in poverty yet spent $5,000 on something nobody is really worried about except yourself...everyone else most likely likes you for who you are, not what you look like. That money would've been best used to invest into something for your future in hopes that maybe you could get out of poverty...especially if you played your cards right :-) Just my two cents and definitely not bashing or anything like that.
Not bashing? This is indeed bashing at its finest!!!
I scraped up the 100 bucks to get a second opinion. He said its a pretty complicated "fix" and would be a 3~4 hour surgery. And then a little more time to tighten up the loose floppy right breast. So he didn't give me a set price but a ballpark of anwwhere from 5~8 thou to fix them. As if...as if I didn't have to put off a bill to just pay the 100!lol
And he said its a bad come, not nessasarily malpractice. So the lawyer won't take the case.
I went back to the original surgeon. He said he "woulld just tack it back up" on the left one , and didn't want to do anything on the right one.
So, my choice is pretty much live with it or...go back a 3rd time and hope tacking it up works. Neither option sounds great. Thanks for listening and caring. Hugs!
My prayers are with you for some sort of resolution for what has been done to you. If I were financially stable I would try to help you, my heart goes out to you. I know words cannot help but I hope my prayers will and the prayers of so many others here at Real Self. Write letters to doctors send pictures tell your story maybe one will have a heart and help you. I would try anything if I were you. ANYTHING is worth a shot. BLESSINGS TO YOU!
So very sorry that you had to go through this. You had good intentions. You were wanting something special for yourself. And sounds like you do deserve something great for helping your mother-in-law. I pray that you can get some help. Maybe a wonderful doctor will read your story & offer his services. Especially since your in pain. I'm sure there's something here on realself that you can send your story to get some help. Look into it. Ask a site manager. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted, we'll be praying for you.
Thanks..but don't make me cry! Lol. It was hard to take care of mom in my home. And for sure an experiance I never want to do again . Hospice was super and I like to think she died as comfortable as she could (in one of my kids bedrooms). But I would have done it anyway..a monetary gift or no..family is family!
I am so sorry you had such a horrible experience. Sounds like a total NIGHTMARE!!! I can't imagine going through that kind of hell. Board certified??? I thought that meant they were skilled and highly capable. Good idea on getting a lawyer, my heart goes out to you.
The lawyer said, I have to get a second surgeon to say it was malpractice, and not just a bad outcome. I am just gonna have to live with it. It will be ok, life will go on even with a stupid ugly mistake. I am humbled by folks taking the time to read my story, and I hope noone ever goes to that place ever.!
This is so horrible! I feel for you!!
I am wondering if you had looked for reviews from these doctors? If they dont have any, make sure that you review them to save another girl from the same fate if you dont mind....

I would call around and look for a PS who gives free consults or post to the doctor forum here. You will get free advice from them! Print off their responses!
If you don't have a printer, they have them in libraries or your lawyer should be able to print them for you.

Good luck!
Did u see any other dr ?
I'm sorry your dr isn't helping you . He messed up he should fix them . You should see some other dr and maybe you can a discount to fix them .

I'm really sorry this was such a disappointing experience for you. :( Thank you for sharing.