Possibly the Best Money I've EVER Spent! - Lakewood, WA

On May 3, 2011, I finally underwent a BA after...

On May 3, 2011, I finally underwent a BA after wanting it for almost a decade! My decision was extremely spur-of-the-moment- I realized I had the money to pay for the surgery after receiving a generous monetary gift, scheduled a consultation for day after the following day, decided to go ahead and get my breast implants about 10 minutes into the consultation, paid in full that very day, and 3 days later (after going to my pre-op appointment and deciding on a size, profile, fill, etc.), I found myself waking up from surgery with a brand-new pair of breasts! All in all, the process took slightly less than a week, from the initiall phone call to the actual surgery. In addition, I ultimately chose Mentor moderate plus profile implants, each filled with 425cc saline, placed under the muscle, and inserted via an inframammary crease incision.
Overall, this experience was a wonderful one, and there were very few negative aspects involved. The only things that irritated me were the pain & discomfort (all breast implants cause pretty severe discomfort for about 2 weeks after surgery, especially when you breathe/cough/sneeze/laugh, but ones placed under the muscle are downright EXCRUCIATING- and I have a very high pain tolderance! If you're getting implants, be prepared for your chest to feel intensely sore and unpleasantly tight for a few weeks before the implants soften & settle into your body.), extreme nipple sensitivity, and long healing time.

I was 19 years old when I got breast implants, and ever since starting puberty, I'd always disliked my small breasts, felt that they weren't proportionate to the rest of my body (I'm 5'1, 105 lbs, and pretty petite, although I've always had a tiny waist with round hips and a bubble butt-my measurements are 30DDD-22.5-36 right now, and I'm finally the hourglass I've always wanted to be!), not very feminine, and started planning for a BA at the age of 12 or so. It had nothing to do with attracting men or getting attention- I just wanted to feel happy with my body, plus I had been through an extremely challenging year and felt I deserved a special treat. In my opinion, it was one of the best choices I've ever made-I no longer have any self-esteem issues, am brimming with self-confidence, and LOVE the way I look! Now that I'm at peace with my body and even like it, I started to be much more assertive in other areas of my life, and realized that self-acceptance is the basis for a positive sense of identity.
On a purely physical level, not only were all of my goals met, but the results are probably 5x better than I'd anticipated! I thought that I'd probably end up anywhere from a large C cup to a medium D cup, and was pleasantly surprised when I was eventually capable of filling out an F cup (Euro sizing system). Perhaps most importantly, I'd spent hours and hours on the internet looking at "After" pictures of breast augmentations of cosmetic surgery websites, so by the time I had my own BA, I assumed that my new breasts would look like the surgically enlarged ones I'd seen countless times- a definite improvement over my 32A breasts, but still too round and hard-looking to be mistaken for naturally large breasts. I really hope I'm not offending anyone, because there are TONS of beautiful augmented breasts on this site, but I'd never dreamed that my implants would look so authentic and lifelike. While I'd assumed it would be immediately obvious to everyone that I'd had a boob job, once they'd dropped&fluffed, literally nobody suspected I'd gotten a BA (and I know many rude, blunt, and nosy individuals who would've either asked me very publicly for the purpose of humiliating me, or just ensured that they notified everyone of my cosmetic procedure, whether I'd admitted it or not), and didn't even believe me until I showed them the scars. For example, I wanted to surprise everyone about my BA so I didn't tell anyone about my impending surgery, except my then-boyfriend (part of this was because I knew they would all judge me for my decision). About 7 months post-op, I returned home for a week-and-a-half-long Thanksgiving vacation after spending all summer working out of state, and going to university in the fall. During this break, my mom, stepmom, two sisters, stepsister, and two of my best girlfriends all ended up seeing me completely nude (and not fleeting glimpses, either) many different times (we live in a tiny house, I share my room and bathroom, and none of us are particularly modest), and ALL of them said, "well, it looks like you gained some weight, and lucky for you, all of it went to your boobs, because they look waaay bigger" or "oh, I see you went on the Pill, and my God, it gave you some huuuuuge tits-I need to change my birth control to whatever you're on." I don't know if it's because I was barely 19 when I got it done or what, but all of the aforementioned people were incredulous when I replied that it wasn't the Pill or too many carbs, just an excellent PS. Everyone said something like, "but they look way too squishy, asymmetrical, and saggy to be fake-I've seen implants before." Even when I told them to give them a squeeze, my friends and family just told me that they felt really firm, and sort of lumpy.

Aside from the positive effects that breast implants had on my self-perception that I mentioned earlier, I've noticed a few other small changes in my day-to-day life as well. Mainly, lots of women/girls/gay males/some overly confident straight dudes I'm meeting for the first time often introduce themselves by complimenting me on my breasts, and/or asking to see them bare/touch, squeeze/motorboat them (and if it's a girl or gay guy, I almost always thank them and allow them to play with my breasts if they ask, because even though I'm a heterosexual female, I can appreciate nice breasts on someone else, too, I'm hesitant to discourage anyone who tries to stop the "Mean Girls"-esque bullying that's currently rampant by paying a stranger a compliment, and it takes a lot of cojones to ask a perfect random woman if you can motorboat her. Sometimes I feel like guys are only interested in me for my breasts, and a lot of them don't look me in the eye. I used to be fairly open about getting a boob job, but the hate I got from other women made me close my mouth, because a lot of other women act like you're either a whore or a traitor to feminism if you get breast implants.

Finally, I wish I knew these two things beforehand: don't buy bras until you're at least a couple months post-op, because they'll be way too small in a few months. And since "boobie greed" is a very real thing, it doesn't hurt to go 25-50 cc's more than you want.

Dr. Mark E. Zilmer

He was great, very prompt, great staff, super respectful, and he was a lot more affordable than other surgeons in the area.

Congrats! Those are very beautiful! Perfect results
Thanks baxtori! That's so sweet of you :) xoxo Kylie
Congratulations! They look great, and I enjoyed reading your blog!
Boobs are a funny thing and you're right, its weird how having a set whether real or not can change the way people interact or look at you.
Human nature is definitely flawed.

But welcome to the boobie club!
Thanks scrappy37! I'm glad you liked my blog (I tend to write waaay too much)! And I totally agree with you about you people's perceptions of you change A LOT when you grow/buy boobs.

Xo Kylie
Wow, not to sound creepy, but they look perfect! Lol I hope mine look even half as good as yours did!
LOL don't worry perezs13, when I was super flat I'd totally check out other ladies' boobs on the DL since I had none of my own :(. I'm sure yours will look fantastic, and keep me updated! Also, if you like the way that mine look (big but not unnatural-most ppl think mine are real, haha!- ignore anyone who tells you to only go up a size or two, because when you don't have enough volume in the implant, they don't drop as easily, and look like grapefruit halves shoved under your boobs :(. So go with a lot of cc's- if the results are natural looking, people will still think you grew/went on the pill, etc. even if you went from an A cup to a DDD ;) Best of luck to you, and feel free to PM me or anything! xoxo Kylie
Thanks so much! Yeah, I'm like a full a/small b right now and also 19. I feel like we have the same problem bc I have a bubble butt but then a small waist and no chest! I was scared to go too big fearing they'd look unnatural, but from the look of things, they don't! Lol
Hey perezs13, I'm so sorry I haven't been around, but how did your BA turn out? I bet they look wonderful!!! Let me know (even though it's been a long time)! -xoxo Kylie
Congratulations! They look simply marvelous!
thank you so much cvs970!! that comment made my day LOL :)! Good luck

Thanks for your review. You do look great! I hope you enjoy your implants for years to come. :0)

thanks so much, angiemcc ;)! and you too!