Ears will take a Beating...

Got a mini face lift about 4 months ago. Not sure...

Got a mini face lift about 4 months ago. Not sure I needed it I am in my mid 40's. After sugery doctor says I have thin skin and muscle's so won't last past 3 years.

The surgery left me with a scar on my neck from drain tubes and but ears a mess. One ear is pixie, the other ear has a big raised scar under ear and I have raised scars behind both ears. Using lazer treatments and Kenalog shots to reduce the scars, Treatments are working but hair is falling out as a result of shot and stress. Both ears are pulled forward at the Tragus, I look like Shrek. Would of preferred getting cut in the front of ear vs behind Tragus, Something to ask about if you get this done.

Sides of Face and neck look ok, but can't really tell I had any thing done, still have jowls but not as bad. Not happy with final ear cuts or neck scars

Going on 6 months now. Hair is still falling out,...

Going on 6 months now. Hair is still falling out, Did not get a Kenalog shot this month, did not want to loose more hair.
Only got lazer treatment to lessen the raised scars. Depression is setting in but this too shall pass

It has been one year, And my facelift did not...

It has been one year, And my facelift did not hold because of thin skin and muscles. I still have a large scar under my right ear. My left ear is pixie and has a 3 inch grey scar going in a V shape down my neck from where the Kenalog shot followed a vein down my neck and ate my flesh. I have white spots on my neck from the scars where from the drainage tubes. Doc wants to do spectrapulse but from what I have read this could be a disaster.

Here are some photos one year later, scars on...

Here are some photos one year later, scars on neck and ear, face lift did not hold. bummer. Was told years ago my chin was cooked, so anyway I give up, maybe some fillers around the mouth later down the road..
Lake Mary

Doctor is voted Number One facial surgeon in my area. Has Billboard on the main Highway.

hair falling out along incision lines may due to the surgeon failing to bevel the angle of the incisions correctly. also, excessive stress at the suture lines at final closure can cause this, and other problems.
reading around, it sounds like the doctor pulled the ear lobe area too much. accomplished facial surgeons generally agree how this area (ear lobe areas) is handled is the litmus test of a facial surgeon's skill and experience. one surgeon states every patient should ask to see post surgery pics of this area on the doctors actual patients.
I had a mini facelift and my doctor cut into my scalp, in my hairline, behind the ears. It looks to me like you got a full lift?
Yes a fine line between a mini and a full.. Never again
I want to have a mini facelift and necklift. I was thinking of going to a facial plastic surgeon because all they do is work on the face. I was going to go with Dr. Gross in Lake Mary so I'm wondering if that is who your doctor was.
Im not sure if he is the doctor who performed this, but I would be very careful with him. I went to see him and he refused to give me any information about cost or answer any questions about the procedures. He did not like being questioned, which raised a lot of red flags in my mind. Most doctors want their patients to feel comfortable with them and the procedure. He didnt care. I would be careful with him>
Did you go with Dr. Gross? Mr. Billboard man.. Hope he did a good job.
To late.. and yes he does not like being questioned..
I am going in for revision for my ears after facelift, and thankfully no keloid scarring or drain scars, however the photo you have labelled as pixie ear and bubble I think mine are much worse, and my PS says mine are not pixie ear. I have posted photos of mine in "ear deformity after facelift" questions if you would like to view and see responses I have recieved. I will post revised photos at the end of March. All the best to you in your future revision/healing
Thank you Nicky I think I am done for a good long while, the scar on my neck just makes me mad every morning. But I have to take half the blame for letting him do this to me.
Hi Toe Tapper, I am so sorry to hear of your hair loss. I rarely bother to sign on to my account here (I can never remember passwords!), but I went through the trouble after reading your experience. My hair has fallen out each time I've undergone surgery. The first time I experienced this was 2005, my senior year of highschool, when I needed brain surgery. At first I thought my hairloss was due to stress. That was until I had a minor dental procedure (not stressful at all) and again my hair began falling out, however not as bad. This past August, I had a sinus surgery, three months later my hair is coming out in handfuls! Since I pretty much ruled out stress as common factor, I began researching the effects of anesthesia, which had been used in all three surgies, on hair and found this “Systemic anesthesia has a profound effect on the body. As you would expect, it pushes the individual into a state of unconsciousness and relaxes muscles. Anesthesia also affects hair follicles. Hair follicles contain cells that are some of the fastest dividing and developing cells of the body. They have to divide fast to maintain the growth of hair fiber. Anesthesia blocks this rapid cell division. While the application of anesthesia to an individual may only be for a few hours, the hair follicles may be affected to such a degree that they shut down hair fiber production and enter a telogen resting state. A telogen effluvium type of hair loss is the result.” {Source: Desai SP, Roaf ER. Telogen effluvium after anesthesia and surgery. Anesth Analg. 1984 Jan;63(1):83-4.} This really helped me understand what likely happened.For me, especially since I've reacted badly to anesthesia in the past, there seems to be a pretty obvious correlation to my hair loss. Even though I dont think stress was the root cause of my problem, stress can compound the problem, so the best thing for you to do is not dwell on it as much as possible. I never went completely bald and if its TE it will grow back. This may or may not be related to your hair loss, but hopefully this provided you with some insight, if not the comfort of knowing you are not the only one watching their hair fall out post-surgery.
Thank you for the information about the hair loss. Most of my friends who have went under all experienced hair loss about 3 months after the surgery. I experienced the same. After the Kenalog shot I noticed it was happening again In very large amounts. It has stopped now and I did notice some new growth.
Thank you again for your message.
Dear Mirror Mirror: I just read your post tonight and appreciate you taking the time to post this information late last year. I 've had a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and most recently a mini face lift all done under local for just the reasons you wrote about.
I think having these procedures done locally were relatively painless and certainly I was up and about a whole lot sooner. No doubt, there was also the cost reduction incentive but my decision was primarily based on knowing that I could "handle it", my doctor talked with me during these procedures and within a few hours, I felt just fine "mentally". Again, thanks for sharing. All the best, p.
This is my story. After hysterectomy, c section..back surgeries, now three cosmetics, I believe the anesthesia theory. I take biotin and use nioxin and minoxidil for a month after this surgery and no hair loss like last time except from hair ties severely tied back using about 5 or 6 cause my hair is long, a bit too tight and caused one thin spot. This was a helpful post TY
It has been five months and still healing.
The Kenolog shot has helped may get more in a month.
But hair is falling out. My ears will never be the same. The scars on my neck are getting better from lazer treatments. But mentally I am a mess. It feels so strange to have to hide my ears I have not put my hair back in public since the surgery.
you were very generous with rating this doctor. He did an awful job.
Yea, he should get no stars was waiting to see what he was going to do to help me out, they have done all they can and at no charge, I would need to go under again, which I won't do at this time. I did not get the spectrapulse Lazer as I have saw there is 276 people who wrote in about this being a hot mess and leaving more scars.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the healing issues you've had, ToeTapper. I didn't know a Mini Lift left scars in front of the ears! Are you still healing or do you have your final results?