New Chin Just in 6/9 - Lake Mary, FL

I get this done tomorrow morning. Excited and...

I get this done tomorrow morning. Excited and nervous, I dont know If I will hate it or love it. The more I think of it the more I think Im crazy for doing this. But here goes. Ive always been self conscious of my chin which has led me to always have a full beard and shape my chin with my hair. In fact i have a full beard now to cover up the bruising and swelling, which has me nervous. Im on the fence on whether this was a silly idea or a good choice. Ill be updating soon.

Chin Procedure

Its been 13 hours post op. Hardly any pain and swelling is a bit but minimal. My beard doesnt let me see full results so Im excited to trim it down later down the road.

Incision post op

Incision post op hidden by beard

40 hours post op

Well my speech isn't impaired my bottom lip is pretty swollen and when I close my mouth completely i feel like I have an old man mouth but thats from the swelling I can tel.. I can tell i have at least on bruise but again my facial hair covers it. As far as pain, there is a minimal amount of that. Mostly feels like the skin around that area is tight and is under a fever because its trying to heal the wound. Ive taken pain medication 2 times today to play it safe when I feel as if the pain could get worse. Getting this done has been a great choice so far and cant wait til the swelling goes down and the results start to show for what they are.

Before Pics

More pics of my journey.

1 week post op

Overall this has been pretty much a walk in the park because of how quick and easy the whole thing went. Apart from one day of dizziness I pretty much had no pain just a bit or tingling and warm feeling around my bottom lip. I did good by choosing to go with an extra large as its been what I was looking for. My advice, to anyone thinking of doing this and are worried or scared, dont be. Its worth it 100% and once you know it you'll be 1 week post op like me.

Before and after. Facial hair different lengths.

I love your new chin. Yowza. Anyway you can post a better before and after profile pic? :)
Your chin implant looks great! I'm thinking about getting it done with a buccal fat pad reduction just to slim down my face. I've always had chubby cheeks lol did your implant give you a lot more noticeable balance and symmetry?
Your results look great. I hope the tingling and burning have resolved. Who is your doctor?
Congrats! Your chin looks great. You're only like 5 weeks out 6 months and you will love it. Bella
Hey Gturbo, don't forget to update your original review to say whether it was worth it or not. Realself uses that to calculate their percentage of happy campers. I'm shocked the current numbers show 70% success right now. This process was so easy.
hows everything going? how do you feel after having it done? Kind regards David
do u love yourself more? do females take more notice of you?
I dont think its an "I love myself more" feeling its more of an inner confidence with myself that manifest outward. I dont think women notice me more or less than before but Ive always had looks if that helps. The new chin has given me more confidence and confidence equals attraction.
David, Since this is an underlying part of why people might go through with this procedure, I am thinking I might address it in my review. I don't think anyone has really discussed it at length.
Davidhall827- I agree Gturbo. It really gave me more confidence too and confidence indeed equals attraction. I think you should do what you think will make you happier.
Thanks for the comments I take everything on board. I'm booked in to see a doctor in July 2014. I hope guys have a nice weekend :-) David
Have strong chin make You feel strong as well as Look stronger , compared to having a weak chin make you look weak, the more symmetrical your face looks the better
How are you feeling today? Still noticeably swollen?
Im feeling great. The swelling has been all gone for a few days so I am back to normal and very happy with my results. Its almost your time!
I'm glad you are feeling great! So am I! This is day 3 for me after surgery. The tightness is still there but nothing to bad. My smile is getting better each day. Hopefully within a week I'll feel completely normal again. It itches really bad! I want to touch it but I know I can't Lol. I get my stitches out on Saturday. Woo Hoo!
Thank you! Congrats! Your chin looks great! The itch is the worst. Right now I have a tingly feeling every once in a while, feels like an ant crawling under my bottom lip.
Thanks! I'm so glad we are now just healing and no more worrying about surgery day. Those days leading up to surgery are scary.
Looking good man. Glad you like the result. My recovery has been pretty simple so far as well. Im at 48 hours post right now. Lots of swelling still.
Thanks dude. The recovery has been easy for me as well. On a scale of 1-10 on pain I would rate it 1.5 -2 at most. Hows it going for you? My swellig is mostly gone 10 days post but there is still aome there.
So glad to hear that you are doing well! I have my surgery tomorrow and I'm nervous/excited. It's always good to read about positive experiences. Your chin looks amazing, by the way! Are you numb any where?
Thank you! Glad I can help. I am numb on the right half of my bottom lip and bottom gums where I still have a little bit of swelling.