Mini Lift ~ So Happy, TOTALLY Worth the Investment!!!!!!! :-)

I'm a 51 yr old female. Dr. Hankins did an...

I'm a 51 yr old female.
Dr. Hankins did an outstanding job on my mini face lift !! I'm soooooooooooo happy!!!
The picture I am posting is "before" with a "3 day after surgery" pic when they were removing the dressing.
If you are thinking of having a face lift, I know it's a big decision and scary because it is YOUR face!!!
I would highly recommend Dr. Hankins. He has an office in Las Vegas, NV & Lake Havasu City, AZ
I did choose to go under anesthesia which added to my investment price.
The only problem I've had is sleeping sitting up.... because I like to sleep on my stomach. Other than that, It's a great investment!!!! So happy I did it!!!
Very little pain (if any), no infections, can hardly see the incisions, very natural looking....
I do have a ton of pictures before and after surgery. if you are interested send me a message and i'll be happy to share.
Good Luck with your procedure what ever you chose to do!!! YOU Are Worth It!!!!

I love how you refer to your facelift as an investment. I do believe that! Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf.

MINI Lift after 1 week post op

almost all bruising has gone, still a little swollen but extremely happy with my results!!!

1 week after mini face lift

1 week after Mini Lift

9 days post op Mini Lift

feeling great!!

Before Mini Lift pics

10 days after

11 days after

Thank you so much for the before and after pictures. You SHOULD be happy--Dr. Hankins did a beautiful job!! I can't wait for mine. I live in PA, so unfortunately I can't see your Dr.

12 days post op (included ears this time)

Thank you! It's so much fun to look at before, during & after pictures that people post, and it really helped me understand what I was going to experience also. BTW Dr Hankins has an office in Las Vegas and flights/hotels to Vegas are usually reasonable, so people will come gamble all their money away (haha) Best wishes with your "mini" :-)
now if i could only get my "investment" to pay off... lol which it has because it makes me feel great inside and out!!!

I'm having a crisis.....

I can't explain it, it's a mental thing i guess. I look at myself and say did i really have something done, I think it's all falling back into it's "old face" again.... Thank god I have a lot of Before pictures to compare which is keeping me sane.
Anybody else have this happen to them?

Thanks for the reply and the information! I too will only consider having something done if I am completely under. I hope you continue to post updated pictures and info on your progress. It is really helpful to find reviews with follow ups and people who reply to questions from those of us who haven't taken the leap yet, but want to.
You look fantastic! Seriously I would have never guessed that you were 51.Were you scared to go under general? Can you give a little more info on how that works? It would be what I would do but it also scares me. Do you have to go get a physical or something before they will put you under, etc...Thanks :)
Thank you Balibella for the compliment!!! :-) No, I was not scared to "go under" I had to have some blood work done along with an EKG. Easily done at my local "LabCor" (couple hundred dollars) I would ONLY have had this procedure by "going under" I've heard horror stories of people being awake and it was soooooo worth not having any bad memories. It's a personal preference and it does add to your "investment" but hey You ARE worth it!! :-)

2 week post op

Your Welcome Balibella!! Can't wait to see your pics when you "take the leap" :-) TGIF!!!!

2 weeks post op feelings

I'm starting to enjoy going out more in public, feeling more comfortable in my "new" face. At first I felt like every eye in the room was on my swollen face or that I appeared so differently now. Even tho I know I didn't really have anything too drastic done. But as I have become comfortable with my new look, I feel that is what I emulate to others... it's just "me" same as always... :-)

Thanks for your great informative review.I am two days post op,really happy with results face swollen as expected,having to go out as I'm on vacation.Had op done in Leicester now visiting parents. After the initial shock of what I was going to do my 80year old parents were amazed.I think they expected something really drastic.My face looks a bit distorted because of the swelling around the ears but luckily my hair covers it.Someone also gave me a great tip to put the double sided tape you can buy and cut really thin strips to stick your hair around your face to hide the stitches in the early days.Its great to see your journey and the healing,Thanks.

18 days post op picture

Things are moving right along, so far so good,,,, no complaints.... my daughters make me laugh, say they are going to introduce themselves as "Mom" now cause I look like the "daughter" haha

Congratulations on your mini!!! Will you be sharing pictures of before and after???? I hope so, they are so much fun to admire!!!! Great helpful hint with the tape!!! Congratulations again, and enjoy the new improved U!!!!! :-)

18 days post op

just realized all of my pics have no smiles,,,,, so here is a no smiling pic :-)

Looking amazing! So glad you are feeling great about it and thanks for the update!

Emotional and Physical Reactions

I found this information very helpful after my surgery, it shows the emotional roller coaster you will experience after your surgery. It's good to know that "it's not just you" and just part of the process.

I think you look awesome!! You can diff tell the difference!! I'm so wanting that done I've had a consult just need the dough!! Lol I'm getting Botox in the meantime , this has helped with my having to wait, until I have the money. I'd like to have a tummy tuck also, but I can wear spanx and hide that! Lol u can't hide ur face!!! So happy for you!!
I am 6 days post mini and have really enjoyed reading your posts and the photos and charts that you posted. Thanks. I am still quite swollen and not ready to present my face to the world yet but I feel better about the process of recovery after looking at your day by day entries. How are you doing now?
Thank you!!!! :-)

5 weeks (minus one day) post op pics of my mini

Feeling Great!!! Things have healed very well and fast! So Happy!!!

So happy to see your update and so happy that it is all good news! Looking amazing as usual! I seriously do not think that anyone would know you ever had anything done. I don't see any scars at all. Thank you so much for the updates! I sent you an email.
Thank you. :-) You've got mail !!
Thank you!!! There is a credit card called Care Credit(i think) that you can have procedures done with very little to no interest charge ;-) hope this information helps you get your procedures done sooner!!!!

7 weeks post op Pictures

Thanks for this...I'm experiencing a lot of swelling and at 3 weeks post OP, I'm still lumpy in the neck. I was told to massage my neck and I do with coconut oil, twice a day. My ears hurt and one is swollen and red and looks silly. I'm back to work in turtlenecks...didn't tell anyone. Thanks for your review, especially about the emotional feelings...where is that from? Can't reAd it on here.
Hi MyLady, I received the "emotional feelings" papers from my doctor. It was a great help for me to understand the ups and downs Send me your email in a private message and i'll try to forward them to you. btw I was told to massage my neck also, still a little sore so I still wrap up my face seems to make it feel better (compression is my new best friend) lol
OMG YOU LOOK SO AMAZING!!! GOOD ON YOU!!!

8 weeks

Before Pic w/ 8 week post op pic

thanks so much! that helps a lot! I been researching now for weeks here in San Diego CA...it takes courage and time takes time to post pics...I'm 52..and really ready for a mini since my neck still looks good I just I need my lower part of face start to show my age. I'm a latina with good skin still but I want to look fresher I notice when I smiled I don't look as attractive as I use to. I also have some dimples that don't look the same anymore i'm terrify..but I'm ready. One of the Dr suggested full face which I really don't think I really needed except that my eyes are some hollowness not much thank you for your postings this really help me! I will do same once I decided and find the right Doctor I have a feeling that like you I won't regret it and that I will have fabulous results!! thanks
I'm excited for you!! Can't wait to see your pictures. I completely understand about the dimples..... mine turned into long lines going below my jaw line on my face, now they look like dimples again :-)
You look terrific!! How nice to have your youthful appearance restored probably a lot closer to the way you feel. Thank you for the photos and updates. Gives a girl the courage to move forward:)

Good or bad ????

I don't feel like or look like I've had a face lift...... is that good or bad??? Husband says that's good because then people wont look at me and say to themselves "she's had a face lift". He says I don't have that pulled tight fake look, but I look at myself and think maybe i should have done a full face lift......

We are all here to help you with your journey!!!
How are you doing?????? Hope all is well with you !!!
Hi! I'm feeling fairly good...after months of surgery healing and then pneumonia. How about you? Did people notice the difference in you? Not many have noticed me...LOL...I can totally see the difference. I still have swollen glands which is causing a crapey feel to the skin on the right side...I wish they would resolve! Thanks for writing, and I hope your happy :)

Merry Christmas!!

May your Christmas be filled with love and laughter. :-)

You look really great!! Did you have any incision under your chin. And btw he did a very nice job on the ear incisions. I'll bet they will be virtually invisible soon. grace
Wow, you were beautiful before now you are stunning!!! You make me want to take the plunge. I can't see how you could have gotten better results. It looks sooooo natural and perfect. I am really happy for you. How do you feel your ears look now?
Thank you, Thank you. My ears look great, almost like they were never touched, can't see any scares or anything!!! I'll post some updated pictures later this week. I'm so happy I "took the plunge" best thing I ever did!!! So happy with everything!! Keep me posted on your adventure!!

ear pic 4 months post op

You look great! I too am 53 and thinking about doing the Mini but then wondering if that would be enough. Question? How long before you could wash your hair after the surgery? And as a stomach sleeper myself do you know how long before you can actually sleep on your side or stomach?
a full or a mini lift???.... you would need to discuss that with your PS. Don't think mine would have given me a full lift. I waited 4 days to wash my hair. Had my surgery done on a Friday, saw Dr. on Monday to remove dressing and I waited til the next day Tuesday to gently wash my hair. I wasn't going anywhere so I wasn't too concerned and besides you keep your face wrapped up. Thank goodness for Valums (sp?), they helped me sleep at night in a recliner and upright on the pillows. After a while I was used to sleeping on my back and it didn't bother me. I would say it was probably a 2 to 3 weeks before I started sleeping on my stomach again. Take care :-)
Thank you Grace. I can't even tell there were incisions on my ears at all. And yes there was a small incision under my chin, so small I never noticed it (even right after surgery)

4 1/2 months post op

Can I ask. Do you have any scars behind your ears? Did he just go around the ear or out somewhat? Your results are wonderful.
Thank you. Yes i had stitches behind my ears... they are no longer visible. After some time you wont be able to see anything. It just takes a little time. I know we always want it to "hurry up" How are you doing????? Hope you are enjoying the "new" you!!! :-) Can't wait to see some pictures :-)

8 months post op

Wow I am amazed definitely going to write your doctor's name for it's such a great job! Thanks for posting before pics wow wow you look 20 yrs younger at least congrats
Thank you!!! I'm very happy with Dr. Hankins :-) and I'm sure you will be also!!!
You Look Great what amazing results

Almost a full year since I had my "mini"

I'm still very pleased with my results. Seems to be "staying" in place. Yeah!! So far so good!!!

Thank you Susie Fun, I washed my hair probably 3 or 4 days afterwards, (it's been over a year so I'm not completely sure). The sleeping on my back wasn't too bad, when I first arrived home I slept in the recliner and I had some valums(sp?) which really helped too. :-) and the Valums also kept me calm and not wanting to get up and clean the house etc. It's so important to be "quiet" and not do too much (tough to do but the valums help this problem) so things will heal quickly. It was probably 1 week and I would start out on my back and move to sleeping on my side, then 2 weeks I started sleeping on my stomach again. Mini or Full??? talk to your PS, he will give you the best advice. I know you will be happy with either procedure and he will do what's right for you. I know the nerves can get the best of you at times, but I'm sooooo happy I did it!!! It's amazing how great something so simple can just make you feel so good inside and out. Since I've had my procedure I've never felt better. ps sorry it took me awhile to respond, I didn't see your question until today :-(
You look beautiful and i love your nice bright whit teeth! Have a Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Thank you!!

"BEFORE" picture & 1 year "AFTER" picture

It's been a year and I'm extremely happy with my results!!! Notice in the before picture I'm not smiling and I had major LINES from my dimples (yuk) ,,, in the after picture I'm smiling which makes more lines and I don't have that problem anymore!!! YEAH!!!!! Life is GREAT!!!

You look Amazing :) Happy 1 Year Anniversary.
Thank you!!!! :-)

found another "before" mini photo to share ;-)

You look beautiful....