Excellent Radiesse Treatment - Laguna Niguel, CA

I sought treatment with Radiesse because my face...

I sought treatment with Radiesse because my face had become alarmingly gaunt at the age of 26.

I am incredibly pleased with my recent treatment by Dr. Klein, which included injections of 2 syringes of Radiesse into my submalar/cheek area. Prior to visiting Dr. Klein my username on Real Self was "Ghoulish Looking," due to the significant loss of facial volume that I had experienced over the past few years. Though I haven't yet gotten around to uploading post-treatment photos, suffice it to say that the ghoulish is gone lol. Not only has Dr. Klein improved my appearance tremendously, I experienced absolutely NO bruising from the injections!

I feel it's also worth mentioning that at one point during the injection procedure, Dr. Klein speculated that the 2 syringes of Radiesse that she had initially thought I would require might not fully correct the problem and a third syringe might be necessary. When she said this I started worrying because the price of a third syringe would have been too much for me to afford. However, Dr. Klein told me that since she had initially quoted the treatment based on the cost of 2 syringes, the third, if needed, would be free!

As it turns out, Dr. Klein did a beautiful job with just the 2 syringes, but it's a testament to her character that she would have stuck by the originally quoted price if a 3rd had been needed.

Wow, I have to agree with you, it is really cool that Dr. Klein was going to give you the third syringe if needed. I'm so happy to hear things turned out well for you! Can't wait to see the pictures. :)

While I was initially very pleased with the two...

While I was initially very pleased with the two syringes of Radiesse that I had injected Jan 2012 into my submalar area to correct a pretty severe volume deficiency, the product had seemingly dissolved within about a month. It is now April 2012, and I'd say that as of about late February 2012 all visible results had completely vanished and I was left looking just as hollow, gaunt and sick as before...which looks particularly strange on me, as I have a very muscular, lean weightlifter kind of physique.

I can't complain about the treatment I received from Dr. Klein, as I was very clear about letting her know that I would be much happier erring on the side of undercorrection, rather than risking being over-inflated. I'm just a bit disappointed that 2 whole syringes of radiesse, totaling about $1500, was not able to correct my problem for more than a month or so. I don't think Dr. Klein did anything wrong, of course, it just seems like the amount of Radiesse that would be necessary to achieve full correction of my problem is probably far more than I can afford even once, let alone every year! So please note that when I change my rating of Radiesse to 'Not Worth It,' it is not because i had some kind of terrible experience, but rather because the month or so of improvement that I saw really just wasn't worth $1500 to me.

Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know that the Radiesse didn't last for you. I can definitely understand why that would be upsetting, that is a lot of expense for a couple months worth of correction! Since it sounds like you are pretty comfortable with Dr. Klein, have you talked to Dr. Klein to see if there might be an alternative to consider?

It has been discussed that Botox seems to go through people's systems faster if they work out a lot. Since you mentioned having a weightlifter physique I wonder if the same could be true for fillers?

I have posted this as a question in our Q&A section You can click here to check for answers. It usually takes about 24-48 hours for the board certified doctors who volunteer on here to start posting answers.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon