"All in One" Total Body Lift- MWL, 32 Years Old, 3 Kids - Laguna Beach, CA

5'10 170lbs, I've always been heavy, I can't...

5'10 170lbs, I've always been heavy, I can't recall a time in my life where I was of average weight. By the time I was 15 I weighed 400lbs. Losing the weight and having 3 kids has left my body deformed/disfigured and my self confidence nonexistent. I've decided it was time to start enjoying life with my kids and my wonderful husband. I found a P'S in Laguna Beach that will preform a "Total Body Lift" in one operation. I'll be having a lower body lift, upper body lift, breast lift with implants, arm lift, medial thigh lift and lipo to the outer thighs. My hopes and expectations are to look and feel like a woman, being feminine that's all I'm interested in. Counting down the days... obsessively reading everyone's reviews on RS and on the net. I have my Pre-op appointment next Monday and will post photos then. If anyone has any advice or recommendations I'm opening to hearing them, I'd like to be as prepared as possible and value everyone comments from personal experiences.

That is a lot of surgery at once. I wanted to have my thighs done too but my PS said it's not safe to be under anesthesia for that long. Since I'd had some complications after my VSG, I decided it was best to do 2 surgeries. How exciting for you! I have my one week post op visit today and things are going well.
Thank you, I'm super excited, it's so surreal! I know it seems like a lot to take on a once but my doctor has done it many times already. I'm confident that he can do it again. Been following your story, I must say, you look absolutely fabulous.
Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Wow, you're having a lot in one surgery. Do you know what the recovery expectations are? How long will you be out from work, etc?

Post Op Rescheduled :(

I know I said I'd post post op pics this Monday (tomorrow) buy I've rescheduled my appointment to September 3. I have a lot on my plate at the moment. September 3 seems so far away :( I can't wait to get rid of this unwanted skin. ..

I'm so excited for you! I LOVE a really great MWL make-over! Looks like you are getting the works! I had LBL, followed by a breast and arm lift 3 months later, I NEVER thought I could look "normal" and surely never thought I could look "good"...well I have to say on most days I feel great! There are so many amazing success stories an this site, I wish I had known about it prior to my surgery! Best of Luck...I'll be following your updates!
Thank for the support, lferraro! It feels so good to know people will be there following :) You're story is one of the ones who made me go with the surgeries, you look fabulous! I always thought, gee what's the point, "no one can fix me" but seeing yours and so many success stories with amazing results gives me hope that I too can look and feel normal. Thank you!
I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. I had mine done several years ago but I am going to hopefully have a redo early next year to get rid of some skin that my surgeon wasn't able to get rid of the first time. In your picture my hanging skin looks like yours (above the mid-section) so I will be curious to see if your surgeon is able to take yours away. Congratulations on your weight loss - getting rid of the excess skin will bring you full circle.

Pre Op- Typo

My mistake.... I'm just so excited over the whole procedure that I hadn't realized I posted earlier that I would be post post-op pic vs pre-op.
I've been on a total emotional roller coaster lately. Almost rescheduled my pre-op appointment again.
I few of you have been nice enough to private message me on how concerning it was for me to have so many procedures at one time, and I must admit it has me a bit worried now too. I will address these concerns with my PS on Wednesday and if anything changes I will let you all know. Thanks for all the support. Posting a before and after picture. I lost 230lbs gradually through diet and exercise. Which is great, not too shabby ehh? But the result is just as hard to deal with as is being 400lbs. But oh well, no pity-party here. On to the next! Life moves on thanks to plastic surgeons ;)

Very excited for you! Are you staying overnight in a facility? If you are not and can afford too I would highly recommend it. Because I was traveling out of town the doctor recommend I stay overnight in the surgical suites. The first 24 hours is a hump and if you don't really have to worry about getting up to go to the bathroom ( I was on a catheter for about 20 hours post op) plus the nurses can give you the good stuff in a facility in your IV. Plus it cuts down on the fear a lot knowing you don't have to get up and leave the surgery center the same day. Excited for you, message me if you have questions! I have had in my life a breast reduction, breast implants, and a body lift. Its normal to be scared and to start second guessing yourself.

Pre-op... check!

Okay ladies, I meet with Dr. Mowlavi today and I can't express how glad I am that I found him. I know that I will be in good hands. He made me feel comfortable, and at put my nerves at ease. All will be okay, I'm sure of it. His Patient Coordinator was so sweet. She answered all our questions (hubby and mine) and made sure we left there well informed on how to prepare for the big day. He didn't take any pictures, he'll be taking them the morning of surgery. Sorry :(
So here's what I'll be having on the 30th of September:
Brachioplasty
Upper Body Lift
Breast Lift with Augmentation (400cc)
Full Tummy Tuck
Lower Body Lift
Medial Thigh Lift

I'm glad I am doing all of this at once. I'm young and healthy and there's no reason why I can't get through the recovery, Let's do this!

Diet...
Doctors orders are to eat a high protein diet, I need some recommendations from my fellow RS sisters, what did you take? Low calorie, high protein?

I use premier protein shakes I get at Costco. I also use protein bars - I like Quest but Pure Protein are all right too. Meats and cheese. You'll love the results.
Thank you Olandia! I'm going to stop by Costco today. Do you know whether the protein will make me fluffier? I want to be as lean as possible for surgeey. I am SUPER excited!!! I can't sleep :)
It's 160 calories a shake, low sugar, 30 g protein. Protein makes you feel fuller than carbs and fat. I would be working out 3 times a week at least to get in shape. I started a fit camp 6 weeks before my surgery and I could tell the difference especially in my thighs from doing the squats and lunges. I told my husband last night that I have to get my thighs done to match the rest of the lower body lift. Hoping to schedule for January.

The goods...

Since my surgeon won't be taking pictures until the morning of my procedures, I thought I'd take some of my own. I hate everything about my body... well maybe not everything, I do enjoy being 5'10.
I'm really looking forward to having a normal figure, you know. The boobs- Im about an A cup without the skin and they've just lost their place. Decided I'd go with a conservative implant, conservative for my height, I explained to the doctor yesterday that, since he'd be leaving me with a tiny waist, they'd look much larger in size -no pressure doc! ;) The belly, well the pictures speak for themselves. Look at the bright side, it covers the vajayjay, no need to censor that out! Haven't seen her in years :( The arms- she's got wings and no not on my maxi. And lastly there's the back, it's slipped and landed on my crack. A little help please! The count down begins- 26 days - the new me coming soon!

I was talking to my husband about RS and how you guys are my support system, how I appreciate everyone's story, the photos they've shared and the comments we exchange.
Thank you ladies!

boobs are same as mine! 400cc (must be the MWL implant of choice :-) ) - High protein but also you need more calories post recovery - minimum of 100g of protein and DONT try to lose weight while healing - your body needs the calories to heal (advice from my surgeon) - you are hypermetabolic - ESPECIALLY with what you are having done - spike those protein shakes with coconut oil peanut butter berries and bananas....Argentine- supplements...i actually ahve an extensive supplement list but i can send it to you and let you know the "main" ones on it - i did a lot of research prior to surgery and devised it based on skin creation /wound healing properties...your body has A LOT TO DO post surgery! Good god woman you are getting a lot of incisions at once!
lots of sleep and a lift recliner........make sure you have a LIFT recliner....pretty cheap to rent!
I appreciate anything you can offer, as to tricks and tips to get through this and for speedy recovery. I am having a difficult time deciding what to eat pre-op. I can follow any diet but I need specifics, exact food and quantity, a list of does and don't leaves me lost and over analyzing everything! Seriously I'm a mess!

Sleeveless in public... uhhh no.

I've never ever worn a sleeveless top beyond these four walls, my safe haven. I wear 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve, cardiagans, in all types of weather, even 100+ degrees. People never understand why. Took a picture this morning that sums it all up.
I cant wait to feel free!

Hi Baby R....checking in....still on track for nine days from now?
Hello my fellow SMWL partner. Omg yes!!!!! Ready as can be... I think :/ How are you doing, one? Thank you for all your support. :)
Congratulations on your unbelievable success!!! I hope you're recovering well! Keep us posted!

It getting close... 9 days post

So is it just me or do most of us going into a major cosmetic surgery get camera happy. I find myself taking pictures of my skin in all different kinds of angles. Odd, because I would normally run and try to hide, trying to reposition myself so my arms wont look fat, usually this meant hand at the waist with arm in a 90 degree bend while slightly flexing to make them look skinny, you know exactly what Im refering to. Any who, lately that is so far from what I've been doing. I find myself down to my undies locked in my bedroom or bathroom snapping away photos. Im quite shocked myself. I knew it was bad but this bad??? Yikes. My armpit/sideboob/back fat creats a crater, wtf? I had no clue?! Note to self- make appointment for husband with optometrist, sever case of beer googles- lol.
I often wonder whether it can really be fixed. Im curious to see if certain areas will sag after. Either way i took some pics, enjoy -hint of sarcasm ;), if my plastic surgeon can fix this.... he has talent and deserves all the praise and recognition! Speaking of my PS I spoke to him early last week, he asked me if I was ready, I inturn said "the real question is, are you ready?!" He chuckled. He is such a genuine caring individual, so soft spoken, and very straight forward. We went over procedures again. Im such a ditz sometimes, that Im sure Ive asked him the same thing more than 3xs. I really appreciate the open communication I've had with the office, everyone there is kind and helpful and if they dont know the answer to something they let me know upfront and ask if they can call me back, and guess what- they always return my phone call! I really appreciate their honesty and professionalism.
Counting down the days, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :)

Read your review and I'm rooting for you! you are gonna rock! Congrats on the weight loss and God bless you on your journey!
Thank you Angel! :)

TYPO! 9 days PRE!

Sorry RealSelfers but I have troubles... at times

I'll be there with you in spirit cheering you on!! You're going to look so great! Keep us posted, and best wishes for happy healing!!!
How is my favorite west Coast SKINNY BI*CH doing??? This is your last few days of doing what I call 'SKIN ORIGAMI" ....(the artful skill of tucking, and folding loose skin)! You are in my thoughts and prayers as your BIG day rapidly approaches.....This is going to be AWESOME!!!!!
*I'm brushing here! You are too cute, skin origami- love it! You're right, this is going to be freaken awesome! Thank you for all your support, sweetheart. Have a fabulous day.

D-day is tomorrow!

Tan-tan-TANNNNNNNN!
Where do I start?!
I've been washing with Hibiscus soap for the last 3 days. I started taking my antibiotics yesterday. The house is ready. I've officially moved in downstairs for at least 3 weeks. Recliner is lined with plastic, my sweet dear husband took off the bathroom door downstairs, so that I don't have to maneuver trying to get in. He's an angel :) My mother arrived last night and will be staying for the entire month of October to help care for the kids and take my place. Those are going to be some tough shoes to fill ;)
I'm ready, excited, and know I'm in good hands.
See my fellow RS sisters on the flat side!!!
Toodles :)

Sending you my warmest thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to hear how you are doing....
So excited for YOU..Oh what a day the Lord has blessed us with.I have marked this,day on my calendar..Can't wait to see the New and improved beautiful body.Please take care of yourself and Thank God for such Awesome RS ladies,Love,and Outstanding support at home..You got THIS.with much care you are in our thoughts and prayers
Thinking of you today and sending you good energy! We are kind of in the same situation -- but my surgery is exactly one month later -- so I'll be checking in on your updates!!

I'm alive!

And well. Will write soon.
XoXo

Look at those cute legs....the only thing peeking out but they look good!!!!! Can not wait to see photos of uncovered body when you are up to it! Happy healing to you my friend!
Good to hear you are alive and well and all wrapped up for a good while.
Glad to hear you are alive...just a matter of time till, you are alive and well....get plenty of rest and update when you feel up to it...

soooo stoked

I won't be able to see the transformation until my next week appointment. Doctors orders, stay in compression garment, do not remove.... Darn it! I like what I'm seeing so far :) Thank you doctor!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

photo

Hope this works

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG YOU LOOK AMAZING ALREADY!!! I am so excited for you!!!! and it will only get better!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing!!! You already look so much smaller. I can't wait to see under that compression. WOW'
A dream come through ... Happy healing

wow. in total disbelief.

Im sure I should be in much more pain, but this is so manageable. I am having one issue. No BM. Guess this is normal

I am extremely curious to hear how your procedure went, considering you had so many done at once! Unfortunately for me, I don't live in an area where it seems doctors are able or prepared to do a total body lift like I need. In order to get a proper one, I'll likely have to travel. If I'm to travel, I'd rather be able to get it all done at once, much like you did!!! So I'm not sure if you could, but I really would appreciate so much if you could private message me and stay in touch. I'm sure I can get a lot of inspiration and motivation just by talking with you!!
Absolutely! Anything to help someone out. I'll be posting an update in a few minutes here and I will send you a private message. Talk to you soon!
How is the recovery going!?! Keeping you in my prayers. Your results look fantastic - your PS did a great job! Every day you are closer to a full recovery. Day by day!

The Transformation

My surgery was 8 days ago, this post is long over due.
ON 9/30/14 I arrived at Dr Mowlavi's at 5am, I was told to be there at 530am but it was like waiting for Black Friday sales *open*open*open* Dr M was there at 530 sharp! We started with the much dreaded photo session, which turned out to be not too bad, he's so gentle and makes you feel so unbelievably comfortable that I felt like a covergirl model working the camera- Lol. Next up, the markings better known as the road map to "The Perfect Change" Dr M is an artistic engineer. He just started marking away, a natural I must add. Although he did use a few "erasers" (alcohol pads) due to his attention to detail. When we had previously discussed my procedures he suggested doing the medial thigh lift and said he would make the incision from the knee up, but when marking he started his mark about half way up my thigh, I instantly said hey! We're supposed to be cutting lower, he said no sweetie you don't need that, at that point I decided my body was his to transform and I would trust him completely. We were in the surgery room by 715am. I was laid out on the surgery bed, I remember being introduced to Tina "the nurse", James "the nurse", an anesthesiologist and some other male. I recall Dr. M coming in and turning some music on, Jack Johnson's Better Together started playing, I started swinging my head to the music and next thing you know... Lights OUT!
I woke in a black compression garnment, with a black binder around, a RS sister called it a superhero costume. Cutest comment ever! I was discharged shortly after. My husband then took me to a local hotel, where he and my sister cared for me through the first night. I don't remember much but from what I heard I was screaming profanities, regretting having gone through with the procedure, and at one point, I was told I sat at the edge of the bed and was in tears. I don't recall these events so lets say they really didn't happen. I was given Norco for pain and my support team had me taking 2 every 4 hours for the first 24hrs, then 1 every 4 and I was off pain neds within 72hours. My body is miraculous and heals so well... I tell her that often.
I had a post op visit with Dr M the next day and then was well on my way home. I was still in a fog but remember one order specifically, no taking off the compression garment or binder at all - bummer.
At home I slept and continue to sleep in a recliner. I don't walk around much, and do very little to no lifting. There isn't any pain just a little discomfort.
Must haves for home:
Recliner
Lots of Pillows
Toilet Raiser
Loved ones for assistance

Beware you will swell! Its no big deal but more of a mental game. I did break down in tears one moring bcz it made me feel defeated. But my hubby comforted me and made me realize I knew about the swelling going in and that it would soon pass. Still waiting for that to happen *eyeroll*
Im on a high protein diet. I seem to be hungry often. My diet consists of mainly eggs, salmon, cottage cheese, nuts, protein shakes, fruits and veggies. And boy do I feel GREAT!

Great update. I think we are all waiting at the edge of our seats for updated photos. As cute as you look in your CG you are going to look amazing out of them. So glad things are going well. And the emotional ups and downs are to be expected. You are going through a huge transformation. The mind is a very powerful and some times tricky thing. :)

8 days out

Omg! I have boobies!
I had my 8day post op visit today, the compression garment came off and the goods were exposed.
I was laying back and James (he's so wonderful) began taking off the bandages. As I looked down tears of joy took over and began flowing. James was so worried and thought I was upset or not happy with the results but I explained that I had never felt like a woman. That for many many years my everyday revolved around being overweight, not fitting in, and being ashamed for my body type. I finally felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am so fortunate and forever grateful. Thank you honey, thank you Dr Mowlavi and thank you James for the care and attention.
I've attached pictures, still swollen and everything is so fresh, things will improve daily.
Next appointment one week from today.
Happy healing everyone!
Cheers!

Wow you look so great. I'm sure it feels amazing not having to hide all that lose skin. So happy for you. Hoping to have my arms fixed in March or April 2015 after losing excess weight.
I'm so proud of and for you! You look incredible. :)
Wow! You look incredible. I always wondered how women are cut that have a lot of excess back skin - it all looks amazing - it doesn't look like you have any skin or fat left. Your surgeon did an incredible job.

Compression Garment from Hell!

So my very stylish and oh so sexy black compression garment (the one seen in my previous photos) fits a little too snug bcz of my height, Im 5'10. I have a long torso, so in order for it to reach over my shoulders it needs to be pulled up tighter to my crotch. This is no bueno! I ended up with a rash between my thighs, right next to my crotch above my thigh incision. Smells like a used10day old maxi pad :-O I immediately called my PS who had two surgeries scheduled today, yet still made time to see me. He examined the rash and said it was nothing major. James cleaned me up and showed me how to apply antibiotic ointment to the area daily.
I decided to use my own CG garment with a modified twist. I cut the bottoms off the one provided by my PS bcz I really need the compression on my arms. And added my cg on top. I am super tight, and I can't wait to be naked! I am in this 24hrs a day :( sooooo over it! I still have 2 drains in- no shower for me yet.
Back to my recliner....
Hope everyone is doing well!
Happy healing!

NOOOOOO....not the drains! ;0) Darn lil things. The alternative would be so much worse than having them. Guess you should name them since they've 'hung around' for so long. Other than that.....how goes the healing? What did the doc say? Inquiring minds want to know! heeheehee.... Hang tuff chicka!!
Are the drains out yet??? I remember the day mine finally came out, I felt free, well as free as one can be wearing the garment...but I was able to go out without feeling I was hiding anything...
Just left my ps office, with both drains still in. Im still draining 25cc in 24hrs. Guess they won't be removed until Monday. Thats so true, its like I have a ball and chain (times 2!) I've only left the house to come to these post op appointments.
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

This has been by far the most pleasant experience-ever! Thank you for giving me my liife back, Dr. Mowlavi. He has been so kind, caring, , and compassionate. He really made me feel comfortable when I was most ashamed of my body. If you're looking for a talented surgeon who always keeps his customers best interest in mind, hes the plastic surgeon for you!