"All in One" Total Body Lift- MWL, 32 Years Old, 3 Kids - Laguna Beach, CA

5'10 170lbs, I've always been heavy, I can't...

5'10 170lbs, I've always been heavy, I can't recall a time in my life where I was of average weight. By the time I was 15 I weighed 400lbs. Losing the weight and having 3 kids has left my body deformed/disfigured and my self confidence nonexistent. I've decided it was time to start enjoying life with my kids and my wonderful husband. I found a P'S in Laguna Beach that will preform a "Total Body Lift" in one operation. I'll be having a lower body lift, upper body lift, breast lift with implants, arm lift, medial thigh lift and lipo to the outer thighs. My hopes and expectations are to look and feel like a woman, being feminine that's all I'm interested in. Counting down the days... obsessively reading everyone's reviews on RS and on the net. I have my Pre-op appointment next Monday and will post photos then. If anyone has any advice or recommendations I'm opening to hearing them, I'd like to be as prepared as possible and value everyone comments from personal experiences.

Post Op Rescheduled :(

I know I said I'd post post op pics this Monday (tomorrow) buy I've rescheduled my appointment to September 3. I have a lot on my plate at the moment. September 3 seems so far away :( I can't wait to get rid of this unwanted skin. ..

Pre Op- Typo

My mistake.... I'm just so excited over the whole procedure that I hadn't realized I posted earlier that I would be post post-op pic vs pre-op.
I've been on a total emotional roller coaster lately. Almost rescheduled my pre-op appointment again.
I few of you have been nice enough to private message me on how concerning it was for me to have so many procedures at one time, and I must admit it has me a bit worried now too. I will address these concerns with my PS on Wednesday and if anything changes I will let you all know. Thanks for all the support. Posting a before and after picture. I lost 230lbs gradually through diet and exercise. Which is great, not too shabby ehh? But the result is just as hard to deal with as is being 400lbs. But oh well, no pity-party here. On to the next! Life moves on thanks to plastic surgeons ;)

Pre-op... check!

Okay ladies, I meet with Dr. Mowlavi today and I can't express how glad I am that I found him. I know that I will be in good hands. He made me feel comfortable, and at put my nerves at ease. All will be okay, I'm sure of it. His Patient Coordinator was so sweet. She answered all our questions (hubby and mine) and made sure we left there well informed on how to prepare for the big day. He didn't take any pictures, he'll be taking them the morning of surgery. Sorry :(
So here's what I'll be having on the 30th of September:
Brachioplasty
Upper Body Lift
Breast Lift with Augmentation (400cc)
Full Tummy Tuck
Lower Body Lift
Medial Thigh Lift

I'm glad I am doing all of this at once. I'm young and healthy and there's no reason why I can't get through the recovery, Let's do this!

Diet...
Doctors orders are to eat a high protein diet, I need some recommendations from my fellow RS sisters, what did you take? Low calorie, high protein?

The goods...

Since my surgeon won't be taking pictures until the morning of my procedures, I thought I'd take some of my own. I hate everything about my body... well maybe not everything, I do enjoy being 5'10.
I'm really looking forward to having a normal figure, you know. The boobs- Im about an A cup without the skin and they've just lost their place. Decided I'd go with a conservative implant, conservative for my height, I explained to the doctor yesterday that, since he'd be leaving me with a tiny waist, they'd look much larger in size -no pressure doc! ;) The belly, well the pictures speak for themselves. Look at the bright side, it covers the vajayjay, no need to censor that out! Haven't seen her in years :( The arms- she's got wings and no not on my maxi. And lastly there's the back, it's slipped and landed on my crack. A little help please! The count down begins- 26 days - the new me coming soon!

I was talking to my husband about RS and how you guys are my support system, how I appreciate everyone's story, the photos they've shared and the comments we exchange.
Thank you ladies!

Sleeveless in public... uhhh no.

I've never ever worn a sleeveless top beyond these four walls, my safe haven. I wear 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve, cardiagans, in all types of weather, even 100+ degrees. People never understand why. Took a picture this morning that sums it all up.
I cant wait to feel free!

It getting close... 9 days post

So is it just me or do most of us going into a major cosmetic surgery get camera happy. I find myself taking pictures of my skin in all different kinds of angles. Odd, because I would normally run and try to hide, trying to reposition myself so my arms wont look fat, usually this meant hand at the waist with arm in a 90 degree bend while slightly flexing to make them look skinny, you know exactly what Im refering to. Any who, lately that is so far from what I've been doing. I find myself down to my undies locked in my bedroom or bathroom snapping away photos. Im quite shocked myself. I knew it was bad but this bad??? Yikes. My armpit/sideboob/back fat creats a crater, wtf? I had no clue?! Note to self- make appointment for husband with optometrist, sever case of beer googles- lol.
I often wonder whether it can really be fixed. Im curious to see if certain areas will sag after. Either way i took some pics, enjoy -hint of sarcasm ;), if my plastic surgeon can fix this.... he has talent and deserves all the praise and recognition! Speaking of my PS I spoke to him early last week, he asked me if I was ready, I inturn said "the real question is, are you ready?!" He chuckled. He is such a genuine caring individual, so soft spoken, and very straight forward. We went over procedures again. Im such a ditz sometimes, that Im sure Ive asked him the same thing more than 3xs. I really appreciate the open communication I've had with the office, everyone there is kind and helpful and if they dont know the answer to something they let me know upfront and ask if they can call me back, and guess what- they always return my phone call! I really appreciate their honesty and professionalism.
Counting down the days, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :)

TYPO! 9 days PRE!

Sorry RealSelfers but I have troubles... at times
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Good luck to you. I am following suzdotcom about a month later to Mexico for a extended tummy tuck and BL/BA on 11/21. I have not started taking pictures but I do find myself laying in bed bunching up all the loose skin on my stomach and sides and giggling it. I have thought of naming this big blob of skin so I can say I am cutting (insert name here) out of my life for good. :) We are all here cheering for you and wishing you the best.
Thank you Kim! I think you should start documenting your journey and if your comfortable enough, share it on RS. Its amazing how the support people show on this site helps cope with anxiety. You'll have no regrets, I promise! Thanks again! *Hugs
I'm headed to MX for my LBL/BL at the end of October. I stay for 4 nights and then over to SD for a week. Depending on how I feel, of course, I'd love to meet you for coffee. I am a born & raised San Diegan....I moved to the PNW 15 years ago. I hope to be feeling semi well enough to tour around a bit in the car with my hubby.
Girl, I am totally up for coffee! I will pm you my number. You are going to do so well, Im so excited for you! If you need help traveling in MX let me know, and I have family right over the border and I can arrange for them to help you around.
You are getting so close....I can only imagine how excited you must be! Can not wait to see the new you! Thinking about you...xoxoxox
Thank you fullcirclemer. I appreciate it all the support :)
Girl that is all SKIN - There is no fat there! an amazingly impressive amount (again, you are the equivalent of Plastic Surgeon catnip!) - if you were a shar pei you would be "all set" ! ;-o (why is it extra skin is only cute on them??) Keeping fingers crossed that you get an *amazing* result!
Lol. You always make me smile! Thank you for everything. Keep those fingers crossed for me, sweet heart! ;)
The countdown begins :) Very Exciting.
Thank you bella bella!
Yw :)
Has he told you how he plans on getting rid of all that extra skin? Like will you be having the vertical cut as well as the horizontal cut for the lower body lift? It's amazing just how tiny you are under all that skin. I can't wait to see the difference. For me there was a difference, my upper back flap went into my butt and my tummy got pulled tighter, but since I carried the majority of my weight in my hips and legs and only had a inner groin lift, there really wasn't much of a size change, just a rearrangement of things. I still would love to have the long thigh lift to get rid of all the excess down there...
We're hoping to be able to attack the skin issue with a Lower and Upper Body lift combo. The LBL will only be the horizontal line and the upper body lift will include the incision along the bra line. I hope this works. I was a little reluctant to do the vertical incision because I was worried about the scar. My dream is to some day show my tummy :( I see a significant difference in your before and afters from your procedure, i wish i was bottom heavy, instead of carrying all this junk in my midsection. I say go for it to the long thigh lift, onedimsim looks phenomenal!
I was just speaking with my husband today about onedimsim and her long thigh lift...Money is the number one issue...If I could find the funds I would do it. My daughter lives less than 2 hours away, so I could recovery with them in Texas....it's a dream at least...
I think it's easier to remove the excess skin from the upper, body, but that's just my opinion since I am bottom heavy....Lol Did you check out how Dr Fisher took away onedimsim's upper skin? He did her upper cut around the breast and on the sides continuing from her arms down around the breast...no back cut at all...It did look brutal at first, but healed nicely and after the breast implant recently you can't even see the under the breast cuts...She looks great and so tiny too, just like you will once the blanket of skin is gone...I can't wait to see the pictures as I know they are going to be dramatic...Just a week or so to go!!!!
Read your review and I'm rooting for you! you are gonna rock! Congrats on the weight loss and God bless you on your journey!
Thank you Angel! :)
Hi Baby R....checking in....still on track for nine days from now?
Hello my fellow SMWL partner. Omg yes!!!!! Ready as can be... I think :/ How are you doing, one? Thank you for all your support. :)
Congratulations on your unbelievable success!!! I hope you're recovering well! Keep us posted!
You are likely going to end up in a size 2 or 4. You are going to rock this! So excited for you. I am 5 weeks out from my LBL. Feel great and hope to be able to start exercising again real soon.
Really you think so?! Did you go down in dress size since your LBL, 5 weeks may be too soon to tell. How do you feel about your swelling? You, my dear, look fantastic!
I went down 2 sizes. I have worn the abdominal binder religiously for 5 weeks. Last night I put on my own shapewear top and bottoms to sleep in and also wore that to work today. The mons area is where you can totally tell there is swelling. The last few days with 100 degree temps seemed to cause a bit more swelling.
Wow, 2 sizes, good for you! Now I'm really excited, I believe you and I have the same body type. When people say shapeware/binder/compression garnmet, are these all the same thing? Sorry for the silly question but i dont get it. I wear a faja colombiana most of the time and I cant imagine putting something so tight in an incision, wouldn't this cause my incisions to bust at the seams? :-O
I can not wait to see your transformation. You are so tiny under that blanket of skin. You are going to look like a totally different person. I love the fact that you have lost all the extra fat, just skin is left, so the transformation is going to be huge...can't wait to see the pictures!!! Good luck, I am so excited for you!!!