The Most Important Decision You Can Make when It Comes to BA is Your Surgeon: I Made a Mistake - Laguna Beach, CA

Like many of the ladies here, I have always felt a...

Like many of the ladies here, I have always felt a little underprivileged in the breast department. I had fantasized as a child about having full breasts and while I did grow to a 34 D in college, I returned down to a small 34 B once I lost my "Freshman 15." A few other girls had mentioned feeling boob-deprived after having a baby and I had a similar feeling (without the bundle of joy to be proud of). haha. Now that I have become settled in my business, I decided it was time to invest in ME! Next stop boobsville!

Because I come from a family of doctors I chose my physician according to results and paid little attention to bedside manner, location, cost, etc. I actually found Dr. Mills on RealSelf and was absolutely floored with how real/natural his results looked. It was a no-brainer to me that those were the results I was hoping to achieve. I immediately set up a consult, put down my deposit and scheduled my surgery date. In hindsight, I wonder why I didn't see the red flags sooner.

Dr. Mills never spent more than 5 minutes with me. He always seemed like he was in a rush and would brush off my questions with short monosyllabic answers. Worse than that is his office set-up. Dr. Mills has a several women working in the office with him as patient coordinators, etc. While all these women are lovely and super nice, they actually knew less than I did about breast augmentation! I would get different answers from each person that I asked. They never relayed my concern to the Dr. and worst of all, they continued to tell me to "wait it out" when my I found my results to be unsatisfactory. I feel so stupid! I had my doubts, but I brushed it aside because I thought he had the skill set needed for me to be happy.

On the day of the surgery, Dr. Mills had me meet at his office as he has an in-house OR. He drew on my breasts, briefed me on the surgery and left me to the anesthesiologist. She was absolutely fantastic, talked me through the process and gave me a little cocktail to put me to sleep. I woke up alone with the anesthesiologist and a bit groggy. I was hoping Dr. Mills would have come by to let me know how the surgery went, etc,. but instead a PA helped me into a wheelchair and lead me to my friend's car.

The next few days were easypeasy. My boobs looked huge, swollen, etc. but with the medications I was in no pain. I had a post-op appointment to teach me how to do my exercises...Dr. Mills was not in attendance. One of his girls lead me through the exercises and tried her best to answer my questions. I was then sent home...still a little confused. All my appointments looked like this. I would have a staff member take me to the back, photograph my progress and answer my questions. Dr. Mills would peek his head in for less than five minutes. Each time I would tell him that my implants looked weird and were actually painful. He assured me that I had nothing to be worried about.

Fast forward to the present. My breasts are square, hard, and unevenly placed. Worse yet, the few times the Dr. has made himself available, he has actual had the nerve to tell me about more procedures I could benefit from! He messed up my breasts and now tells me I need more work done on my face. I am not even 30 yet! When he told me that my results are permanent, I thought I would cry...and his reaction was to say..."Well they look good."

As an intelligent, self-made woman, I wish I did my homework instead of choosing a dr. based on pictures that may/may not have been real. I actually miss my old breasts. I cannot even disguise these frankenboobs with clothing. Now I have $6000 of my hard-earned money flushed down the drain, plus the additional $8000 it will cost to correct his handiwork. All I hoped for was a little bit bigger breasts and now I have hideous, malshaped breasts. I am so thankful that I have found a surgeon that can fix this atrocity. I will post more details regarding my corrective surgery as the date approaches. I can already tell that my new doctor is more educated, caring and skilled than Dr. Mills. Learn from me, choose your surgeon carefully!

Thank you for sharing here on RealSelf! I'm sorry you're not happy with your results. :( You might want to check out the breast implant revision community and start your "new story" there. I look forward to reading more about your journey!

I'm so sorry you had to go thru this nightmare. Hopefully the new Dr you see will be able to fix this Dr's mess.Good luck to you & keep us posted. You've got a lot of support here on RealSelf!
I'm sorry you're so unhappy with your results, murakami. Not knowing when you had surgery or seeing any pictures makes it harder for us to understand what your situation is, but I'm glad you've gotten a second opinion and that you're on your way to achieving your goal. And please don't beat yourself up over your choice of surgeons. It's a difficult decision with a lot of factors to consider. I, too, come from a family of doctors and so "touchy-feelyness
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mills made himself scarce the moment I put the deposit down for the surgery. I have had previous plastic surgery and know that results are not perfect, but the results of my breast augmentation with Dr. Mills are horrific. My breasts are now permanently misshapen, painful and lumpy. I am forced to have expensive reconstructive surgery to fix his mistakes. Dr. Mills relies on a misinformed staff to take care of his day to day responsibilities and never takes responsibility for his errors. After my results, he still encouraged me to have other procedures done, even though I have no qualms with those aspects of myself! But he has made no efforts to help or even educate me about what went wrong with my breast augmentation. I would never let someone I know go to him after my experience.