Tummy Tuck, Muscle Repair, and Breast Implants...not Sure if I Made the Right Decision - Lafayette, LA

I'm 29, with one daughter and she is 9. I gained...

I'm 29, with one daughter and she is 9. I gained almost 60 pounds for my pregnancy. My stomach stretched and hung. I always said I wanted to have these procedures done before I was 30. I was very unhappy with my appearance. So I decided to do it and as of today I'm 6 weeks post op. I was a little nervous before my surgery, my main concern was blood clots. I went in for surgery June 3rd and my surgery went great, I was up and walking the next day. Took pain meds for following two days and then stopped taking all meds. I had my drain for 21 days, had it removed to have it put back in for a few more days. It's been out for a little while and seems to be doing fine. I started having pain in both legs after surgery but mainly in my left. Had an ultrasound done and came back normal, no blood clots. Made an appointment with an orthopedic dr to figure this pain out. Not knowing what's causing the pain has me constantly worrying it's something horrible. I'm constantly crying and constantly thinking about dying from some type of complication from the surgery. I went to my family dr and she prescribed me anxiety medicine. I have to take medicine every night to sleep or I'm up every hour. I think the anxiety is causing me to have daily headaches that causes my chest to hurt, which only brings on more anxiety. So far I'm healing great, just trying to get my emotions under control. I hope this doesn't last much longer. Not sure if this surgery was worth it....

4 weeks post op

Here is a picture of me 4 weeks after surgery.

6 weeks post op

Burning Sensation is thighs

I'm two months post op, anyone else experience burning feeling in your thighs? Just wondering if it's normal.
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Delatte and his staff are fantastic. Every time I called ( which was tons of times), they were very helpful. Always called me back with a quick turn around. Made me feel welcomed at the office...

Hello Holly, have you ever had issues with anxiety in the past? I suffer from it, and every time I have a medical issue, I assume the very worst! The anxiety itself can absolutely cause headaches, as well as general aches and pains. You are doing the right thing by seeing your doctor to be sure, but do yourself a favor and do not research your pain on the internet, trust me, it will have you thinking the worst! I wish you all of the best, and hope you feel better soon!
Hi, Thxs for commenting. I think I did have anxiety before but never like this. I think I made it worse because I goggle everything. I stopped doing it because it was only making my anxiety worse. I decided its time to talk to someone. I've wanted this surgery for years, now that I did it I need to enjoy it. Thxs for the kind words, have a wonderful day!
Thankyou for your reply Holly and I really hope you get to find out the cause of the pain and get rid of it. You cannot enjoy your new surgery if you are in pain and of course that would make anyone anxious. Best Wishes
Thxs, I will hey answers and then hopefully can start my exercising to get me prebaby body back!!! :) Thxs again, have a great day.
Hi! I just wanted to say it will get better! I'm 3wks out and I just had a good cry this morning. I think the recovery is different for each individual. All I want is to feel "normal" again (if that makes sense). I'm tired of not being able to walk normal and the tightness is driving me nuts lol. However, after a few mins. of crying and walking around, I am usually back composed and just keep telling myself to remember its all a part of recovery. I don't kno about you but I spent a lot of time on my sides after surgery and I noticed my legs started aching badly. So maybe your laying positions caused your pain. Hopefully you find out what's causing it soon!!! Best of luck!
It's good to hear I'm not the only one that feels this way. Usually after I cry for a little while, I do feel better. I can't wait to be "normal" again. It seems like it won't happen. I slept on my back most of recovery, I'm just now sleeping back on my sides. Hopefully next Tuesday I will get some answers for the pain. Best of luck to you also and happy healing.
I feel puzzled at the long term pain HollyDugas is in after her tummy tuck. I know it is meant to be a painful op but not for THAT long. She sounds like she is trying to put a brave face on it but actually such pain sounds horrible. I am thinking of getting a tummy tuck and am glad I can read here about poss problems. Have you found out why you have had such long term pain HollyDugas? Good luck.
I have an appointment next week with am orthopedic dr, hoping I can get answers at that time. Im not sure why I still have this pain. But please dont let me discourage you, its very few people that go through what Im going through. Im hoping as the weeks pass the pain will subside and my emotional state gets better. GL to you.
Eat Kiwi to prevent blood clots and walk walk walk. You are past the dangerous part. just build up your strength and stay busy. My grandma always told me that hardly any of the things she ever worried about ever happened so she wasted A LOT of precious time. My guess is that all the laying around we had to do and bent over walking could have got you back out of whack! moving exercising can help un-pinch any nerves that are causing pain and moving also gets your hormones working more. I sure hope you feel better. God bless you and your recovery!
Thank you for responding. I will try the kiwi, I will pretty much try what ever is suggested. I hoping once I start exercising it may help with the pain. I do believe Im wasting time constantly over thinking things. How long since your surgery?
20 days. I would see a chiropractor before going to a ortho because it could be minor. Hope today is better :).
I hope you have a great recovery. Thxs again for the tip!
It does get better! Rest relax, compress and if he has you wearing a garment good! Keep it on....I'm almost 6 months and still wear it daily! Find something for the swelling. I eat pineapples and take Bromelain. You'll b feeling great n no time!
Thxs! My PS told me to stop wearing mine last week but I started wearing it again. What is Bromelain? Can I buy this Abu where? Thxs for responding. Hope you continue having a great recovery.
Bromelain is a supplement that assist with swelling and inflammation. You can buy it at any vitamin shop. I feel naked without the garment on...lol! Happy healing!!!!
I tried not wearing my garment, it didn't work to well...I'm wearing it again LOL. Thxs for the tip
if you ever need anyone to tall to email me. I check it all the time
Awe, thanks so much. Some times talking and people being able to relate to me helps so much.
Please know that you're not alone!! We are all in this lonnnnnnng & emotional recovery together. I'm only 2+ weeks out on my surgery & I've had my share of "bad days". Keep your head up! Hope you feel some relief soon
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you are having a good and speedy recovery. I can say that the time flies by, before you know it...it will be a year since surgery. I'm looking forward to pain free days and a day without tears.
Sweetie I agree with Jeannie! This is the best decision you could have made just take some deep breaths your body will calm down soon .. You look wonderful and have many years to enjoy dressing this new body.. Happy healing
Thank you very much! I hope reading these supportive words makes this recovery a little easier. Maybe just taking a moment to read these will help me when Im having an anxiety episode.
Oh Sweetie you made the right decision! Don't doubt yourself at all. I only wish I had done what you had done when I was your age. I had a lot of years of shame because of my body. I understand how you panic over having the surgery, it is a huge surgery, with all you had done. You said yourself your healing good. Take it from there and try not to panic over things that you have no control over. You are young, healthy and have everything on your side. I am 4 years into remission from cancer so believe my I know those fears, but I had God on my side as you do too. Even going into radiation and chemo therapy I knew my time was not up yet. And you just had a surgery that totally shocked your body, you may have pains from it, they will go away. And you will heal all the way and end up with this wonderful amazing new body that make you smile every time you look down at it. Or everytime you get out of the shower and see yourself in the mirror. Now at 54 I didn't end up with a great body, but compared to what it was, it is now just fine. I like it so much more then before. Now you have so many years to enjoy your results. Chances are so very small that you will have complications please don't let it ruin this wonderful blessing that you received. Best wishes to you, have a great day!
Thank you, I hope for nothing but the best for you. Reading your words definitely opened my eyes. People go through much more difficult things then my surgery. I do believe in prayer and I believe its helped me get through this. You are a beautiful person...thanks for the inspiring words.
I'm sorry you are having so much anxiety! I to have anxiety but did really well after my surgery... You look wonderful! :) Try not to think of all the bad stuff, I think you would of had blood clots before now. I know its not easy but try to think of positive things.. Happy Healing