Tummy Tuck, Muscle Repair, and Breast Implants...not Sure if I Made the Right Decision - Lafayette, LA

I'm 29, with one daughter and she is 9. I gained...

I'm 29, with one daughter and she is 9. I gained almost 60 pounds for my pregnancy. My stomach stretched and hung. I always said I wanted to have these procedures done before I was 30. I was very unhappy with my appearance. So I decided to do it and as of today I'm 6 weeks post op. I was a little nervous before my surgery, my main concern was blood clots. I went in for surgery June 3rd and my surgery went great, I was up and walking the next day. Took pain meds for following two days and then stopped taking all meds. I had my drain for 21 days, had it removed to have it put back in for a few more days. It's been out for a little while and seems to be doing fine. I started having pain in both legs after surgery but mainly in my left. Had an ultrasound done and came back normal, no blood clots. Made an appointment with an orthopedic dr to figure this pain out. Not knowing what's causing the pain has me constantly worrying it's something horrible. I'm constantly crying and constantly thinking about dying from some type of complication from the surgery. I went to my family dr and she prescribed me anxiety medicine. I have to take medicine every night to sleep or I'm up every hour. I think the anxiety is causing me to have daily headaches that causes my chest to hurt, which only brings on more anxiety. So far I'm healing great, just trying to get my emotions under control. I hope this doesn't last much longer. Not sure if this surgery was worth it....

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

4 weeks post op

Here is a picture of me 4 weeks after surgery.

if you ever need anyone to tall to email me. I check it all the time
Awe, thanks so much. Some times talking and people being able to relate to me helps so much.
Please know that you're not alone!! We are all in this lonnnnnnng & emotional recovery together. I'm only 2+ weeks out on my surgery & I've had my share of "bad days". Keep your head up! Hope you feel some relief soon

6 weeks post op

Hello Holly, have you ever had issues with anxiety in the past? I suffer from it, and every time I have a medical issue, I assume the very worst! The anxiety itself can absolutely cause headaches, as well as general aches and pains. You are doing the right thing by seeing your doctor to be sure, but do yourself a favor and do not research your pain on the internet, trust me, it will have you thinking the worst! I wish you all of the best, and hope you feel better soon!
Hi, Thxs for commenting. I think I did have anxiety before but never like this. I think I made it worse because I goggle everything. I stopped doing it because it was only making my anxiety worse. I decided its time to talk to someone. I've wanted this surgery for years, now that I did it I need to enjoy it. Thxs for the kind words, have a wonderful day!
Thankyou for your reply Holly and I really hope you get to find out the cause of the pain and get rid of it. You cannot enjoy your new surgery if you are in pain and of course that would make anyone anxious. Best Wishes

Burning Sensation is thighs

I'm two months post op, anyone else experience burning feeling in your thighs? Just wondering if it's normal.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Delatte and his staff are fantastic. Every time I called ( which was tons of times), they were very helpful. Always called me back with a quick turn around. Made me feel welcomed at the office...