Tummy tuck with MR and Lipo of flanks- easiest surgery I have had!! Lafayette, LA

I'm a 32 year old mother of 3 and have never been...

I'm a 32 year old mother of 3 and have never been able to get my flat tummy back! I am scheduled for full tummy tuck with lipo of flanks for September and really scared. I had 3 c-sections so I'm hoping that the pain is similar. I think what I'm afraid of the most is complications arising from an elective procedure. I have no health problems nor family history of any bleeding disorders and did fine for my sections but I am still worried. So please only words of advice and encouragement! Lol I will post pics soon!

Before pics

HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS!!

I am like an emotional rollercoaster! one day I want to cancel my surgery and the next im ok until today when I just so happen to read a review from someone who seems just like me...worried about blood clots....and everything she said is exactly how I think. everyone assured her that its so rare and the nurse said in her 12 years working she has never had a patient get one. well what do you know this lady ends up with one in her lungs and is now on blood thinners and driving herself crazy worrying if she will be around to see her kids grow up! I just feel like maybe I read this as a sign to not do it. I hate my belly but im just very unsure now!

A little less than 3 months from surgery!

First off I would like to thank everyone who has encouraged me to stick with it! I was really back and forth with it but you guys have helped me a lot! I'm really excited about it now and I think I will be here before I know it. I am currently trying to lose 10-15 pounds before my surgery day and I want to do it the right way with diet and exercise instead of all the crash diets I have done only to gain the weight back real quick! I was told by my doctor to lose as much weight as I can so I get the best results!

4 days left!!

Getting the rest of my things together for Thursday! My doctor told me to decide whether I want the Exparel injection or the pain pump. After reading up about them I think I am going with Exparel. If anyone has any input they would like to give I am all ears! Nerves are starting to kick in!

Tomorrow is the day!!

Getting cold feet! I guess just being around my kids and my husband and knowing that even though it's extremely rare, I could not make it out. Then I start looking through everyone's profiles and I see just about everyone feels that way. I will stay positive cause if not I will back out! Will post before pics in the morning!

Morning of procedure pics

Just a few more hours to go! Saying goodbye to this belly!

5 days PO TT with MR and Lipo of flanks

I am now 5 days out and I can say that it has not been as bad as I thought it would be. My main area of pain is in my back and flanks....it's a stinging pain with soreness. My tummy is feeling very tight along the muscle repair and I have no pain along my incision. Everything is hard like a rock! I chose the Exparel injection and it is awesome...not sure if it's still working or not be like I said it's all numb in that area. I go tomorrow for my first PO appt and am hoping to get my drain removed. It's a pain in the rear to me! Other than that I'm getting around by myself as I have been since day two so I'm happy about that. Will post new pics when I adjust my binder later!

5 days PO pic

Easiest surgery ever!

If you are questioning a tummy tuck have no fear....it was a really easy recovery! I have had 3 c sections, hysterectomy, gallbladder removed, breast augmentation and this was the easiest! I have had no pain in my tummy at all! It's all in my back from the Lipo! Now that part did hurt but nothing that ibuprofen couldn't help! So if you are unsure because you are scared of the recovery process....don't be! Ask your doctor for Exparel and you are good to go!
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Delatte is awesome! He is very caring and wants you to have the best outcome possible! My decision to go with him was very easy after I met him.