Scared Crazy but Really Need Tummy Tuck! - Lafayette, LA

I'm a 32 year old mother of 3 and have never been...

I'm a 32 year old mother of 3 and have never been able to get my flat tummy back! I am scheduled for full tummy tuck with lipo of flanks for September and really scared. I had 3 c-sections so I'm hoping that the pain is similar. I think what I'm afraid of the most is complications arising from an elective procedure. I have no health problems nor family history of any bleeding disorders and did fine for my sections but I am still worried. So please only words of advice and encouragement! Lol I will post pics soon!

Before pics

HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS!!

I am like an emotional rollercoaster! one day I want to cancel my surgery and the next im ok until today when I just so happen to read a review from someone who seems just like me...worried about blood clots....and everything she said is exactly how I think. everyone assured her that its so rare and the nurse said in her 12 years working she has never had a patient get one. well what do you know this lady ends up with one in her lungs and is now on blood thinners and driving herself crazy worrying if she will be around to see her kids grow up! I just feel like maybe I read this as a sign to not do it. I hate my belly but im just very unsure now!

A little less than 3 months from surgery!

First off I would like to thank everyone who has encouraged me to stick with it! I was really back and forth with it but you guys have helped me a lot! I'm really excited about it now and I think I will be here before I know it. I am currently trying to lose 10-15 pounds before my surgery day and I want to do it the right way with diet and exercise instead of all the crash diets I have done only to gain the weight back real quick! I was told by my doctor to lose as much weight as I can so I get the best results!
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Hello! I had my tummy tuck on Feb 28th by Dr Mes and I also live in Lafayette, La. I'm happy to chat with you, if you like. I understand and remember very vividly what you are going through. I'm still not entirely sure how this site works, but message me if you would like and we can connect.
wondering if you went through with your surgery
I had to reschedule it for October 2nd! I has my pre-op visit last Wednesday so I am ready!! Just trying to decide if I want to come home with the pain pump or do the Exparel injection. Other than that I'm just waiting! Thanks for checking on me!
I have had several friends say that the pain pump doesn't even touch the pain. I had Experal and never took a single pill for pain. No Percocet....no Tylenol. I took an occasional muscle relaxer to sleep (maybe 3 total). Because I wasn't taking so many meds I was never nauseous and had a great appetite (necessary for quick recovery). I was completely numb for over 3 days - more like 5 for me. I could get up and down to go to the restroom - I even came home from the hospital and walked myself upstairs. That was my experience. My friends that all had the pain pump claimed it didn't work and they would never do the surgery again (I have one friend that is still pretty bitter about the pain she went though). And seriously.....I was laying up eating bon bons, drinking smoothies, eating steak (protein)....it was like a vacation. : ). So....apparently nothing touches the experience of Experal - as I haven't quite heard of a recovery like mine. Go with the shot!!! : ). And good luck!!
How are you ma'am
I had the same feelings before my TT, one minute I wanted it and felt confident I could get through the surgery, the next I was in panic mode wanting to back out lol! For me it was the best thing I have ever done for myself! The recovery is similar to a c-section, for me it was c-section recovery combined with the feeling of doing an intense ab workout, it's more of a "tight" feeling. I'm sure you've already been given this advice, but if not, my best friend for the first few days was a recliner, you don't realize how much you use your abs and having a little extra help getting up is much appreciated! I was off prescription pain meds after the second day. You'll do great, and be very surprised at how easy the recovery actually is! As for me mine was 4 years ago, and I would do it 100 times over. I have never once regretted it! Another piece of random advice... While your new belly button is healing you may be given a marble or something similar to keep inside it to help stretch it. Keep it in until your PS tells you otherwise. Mine drove me crazy!! I took it out way too early and now have a little bitty belly button lol!
Seriously try and see if your PS can give you a shot of Experal while in surgery. It seriously kept me numb for days. So long that I never took any pain meds. My recovery was so easy!!
Thanks for your advice! I feel better about it everyday! It helps to talk about it for sure! I will definitely see about the marble cause I want a normal looking belly button! Thanks again!!!
He sends his patients home with a pain pump that lasts for 72 hours. It's not Exparel but one of his patients did say it worked awesome. She said she never felt pain just a little uncomfortable. I did ask but they don't use that one!
Well thank you so much! I'm trying to stay positive!
Hi - I had all sorts of fears, but it really was an easy surgery! Check out my page. I really wish I hadn't have worried so much. Feel free to ask me any questions.
I replied in the wrong place! Lol....thanks so much!
Will do. Thank you!!!
I felt 100% how you are feeling right now. IN FACT, I cancelled my surgery the night before while at my pre-op appointment! The surgeon convinced me otherwise and I am SO GLAD I DID IT! Go read my Review. I am 7 months out now and couldn't be happier. If you want to talk, message me. You will be just fine :-)
WOW!! It helps to know im definitely not the only one to feel this way! I still am undecided but im also upset cause I know how much this belly affects my day to day life! Thanks so much for your comment!
I have 2 year old twins, and the absolute toughest part for me was NOT being able to lift them (or anything over 10 lbs) for four weeks. So I had to have help lined up (my mom, her friends, etc.) when my husband had to go back to work. It was a huge pain in the ass, but that four weeks FLEW by! Yes, you use your tummy for SO much (I couldn't even believe how much my ABs were engaged when I drove for the first time after the surgery) but like I said, the time goes by SO fast and you get back to your daily life sooner than you think. Honestly, the first month is the toughest. Then it gets so much easier! ☺
Hello! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm scheduled for June 16th, two weeks from today, and I've been freaking out about it since I scheduled it a month ago. There's a term called analysis paralysis that means analyzing a situation to the point of not going through with, or almost backing out of a decision. I think that's a category you and I and bunch of other ladies here fall under. We look so deeply into the procedure, after the procedure, possible complications and stories from people who had a negative experience that we overlook the fact that there's a higher chance of dying or being seriously, permanently injured in a car accident driving to surgery than there is with the actual surgery. I was so wrapped up in finding out every bit of negative, possible scenarios that I had to step away from RS for a bit. I'm still terrified, but I'm trying to be logical and positive about it. You'll be just fine and I bet you're going to absolutely love your results! :-D
We'll thanks so much cause you totally made me look at it differently! I will need to stop analyzing everything if this is something I want! Good luck and best wishes for a great recovery!
So glad you were able to schedule! I have 4 days left! I have been a bundle of nerves for the past couple of days. But i do find that looking on this site helps a great deal. I see that there are very few people who have had complications. and the ones that did, I tell myself it's because they did not follow doctors orders. Good luck to you! Hope you have a fast & safe recovery!
Yes I agree about looking at this site! It does help! I am trying to lose about 10-15 lbs before my surgery so keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
You got that! Did he talk to you about a food plan? High protein, low carb! I increased my water intake to about 85 ozs a day and lost 5 lbs in a week. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Lmk if you want me to message you my food plan. I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks with it!
Awesome!! Yes please send it. He only advised me to start working out with weights but no food talk. I started last week and do cardio everyday but I run out of ideas for food! I appreciate it!
Almost to the flat side!! U deserve it!! Did u say 85 oz?? Seems like a lot!!!
Yes she said she increased her intake to 85 oz per day. I drink somewhere around 90oz/day! I think what you're supposed to do is take your weight and divide it by 2 and that gives u the amount of what you should be drinking everyday. But it definitely doesn't hurt to drink more! Good luck to you on your journey!!