Very Painful and Bruised for a Month - La Jolla, CA

No one ever informs you of the true cost or pain...

No one ever informs you of the true cost or pain involved. Many shots in my temple, chin & nose areas. Thought I was having a root canal and the shots became so painful I tried to get out of my chair but they would not let me. I said to stop: "it is too painful", but the doctor just said, "I know honey, I know honey".

My face was brused for more than a month! (see photos of only a portion of my face below). This was supposed to be a "no down time" procedure where I could go back to work on Monday and no one would know I had something done. Not true! It was embarassing to be in business meetings with a brused face! I couldn't even open my mouth for two days to talk or eat, since it was too painful. And this was supposed to last six months to a year or more. Well, 2 months later, my face is almost back to where it was before I had this extremely painful procedure done. I was not properly informed, and certainly will not be having any followup procedures of Sculptra!

Honestly, I am amazed at how much pain and financial cost women are willing to go through to try to look younger. Myself included! The problem is that once you start down this path, you have to continue, or your wrinkles just keep coming back. I am going to wait a year or so to see what else they come up with that is not so painful, harmful or expensive, and lasts longer.

I tried it because I was told there was no "down...

I tried it because I was told there was no "down time" and it would make me look ten years younger. After nearly $1,500 and alot of pain and brusing, I looked worse than before, especially under my eye from large "bump" left after her injection.

La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Not honest about cost or pain involved in procedures, including the fact that you will need to go back several times in a year, and then each year. The procedures do not last as long as they tell you (they last 2-3 months, not 6-24 as led to believe!)

Updated on 16 Mar 2011:
this person is an eye doctor trying to do injectables on the side. she increases her prices and then gives coupons, so you think you are getting such a "deal". The products do not last, and she did some damage under my eye and by my mouth that left brusing for months. Only good thing was her staff, who, although were new to the business, were nice.