Croton Oil Peel - La Jolla, CA

I did not want to have a facelift, just have an...

I did not want to have a facelift, just have an aversion to surgery so I opted for the croton oil peel. First several days you look like you have the worse sunburn of your life; discomfort that required pain killers the first 24-hours; used cooling "baths" of cold white vinegar compresses, followed by a gel ointment of lidocaine which worked great for any discomfort I was having. I had deep vertical wrinkles on my cheeks and next to my aging/sagging jowls all of which have been dramatically taken care of to suit my expectations. I love the tightened and smoother skin. Subsequently I had a little Dysport right at the lip line where your surgeon needs to be extra careful as well as close to the corner of your eyes for obvious reasons - very thin tissue area. Worked like a charm. I was 68 when I had my peel now 69 and can look in the mirror and see the years off my face! Bottom line - if I had to do this over again I'd do it in a nano-second. It helped that I had the benefit of a remarkable plastic surgeon! Bottom line I think you have to decide if a week or two of being red-faced and have some discomfort is worth the eventual results and in my case the answer was yes! PS: I bought a yellow tint primer from the Philosophy brand that I used under my make-up, worked perfect to hide the red! I was out and back to a full social calendar in 10 days! I hope this helps.
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Well, I think Dr Kearney is a gifted plastic surgeon as well as an honest one. He will not do any kind of treatment on anyone who isn't really a good candidate. He takes the time to get to understand you, your life-style and what it is you are looking for in results; he makes no false promises but gives you realistic expectations. He takes pride in his work and it shows; it's not about him trying to sign you up for every procedure under the sun, just what procedures will accomplish your personal goal.