Croton Oil Peel - La Jolla, CA

I did not want to have a facelift, just have an...

I did not want to have a facelift, just have an aversion to surgery so I opted for the croton oil peel. First several days you look like you have the worse sunburn of your life; discomfort that required pain killers the first 24-hours; used cooling "baths" of cold white vinegar compresses, followed by a gel ointment of lidocaine which worked great for any discomfort I was having. I had deep vertical wrinkles on my cheeks and next to my aging/sagging jowls all of which have been dramatically taken care of to suit my expectations. I love the tightened and smoother skin. Subsequently I had a little Dysport right at the lip line where your surgeon needs to be extra careful as well as close to the corner of your eyes for obvious reasons - very thin tissue area. Worked like a charm. I was 68 when I had my peel now 69 and can look in the mirror and see the years off my face! Bottom line - if I had to do this over again I'd do it in a nano-second. It helped that I had the benefit of a remarkable plastic surgeon! Bottom line I think you have to decide if a week or two of being red-faced and have some discomfort is worth the eventual results and in my case the answer was yes! PS: I bought a yellow tint primer from the Philosophy brand that I used under my make-up, worked perfect to hide the red! I was out and back to a full social calendar in 10 days! I hope this helps.
Could you tell me if the peel tightened your skin or did you have to have a facelift after the peel? thank you.
So glad you are happy. I have gotten 4 phenol peels under my eyes for wrinkle removal and maintenance since 1999, and am getting the 5th one on 10/4. Love the results, Iook so much younger than I am. The recovery could be uncomfortable but worth it. The main complaint I have is when the doc sobs under my eyes with the phenol it hurts/burns like hell, then immediately after and for about the next hour or two I am in such pain. No anesthesia of any kind I use. It all is well worth it!
Hi, Could you tell me if it turns the area where you have the peel done ghostly white? Does the peel go into the dermis?
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Well, I think Dr Kearney is a gifted plastic surgeon as well as an honest one. He will not do any kind of treatment on anyone who isn't really a good candidate. He takes the time to get to understand you, your life-style and what it is you are looking for in results; he makes no false promises but gives you realistic expectations. He takes pride in his work and it shows; it's not about him trying to sign you up for every procedure under the sun, just what procedures will accomplish your personal goal.