Well, I'm Finally Doing It! - La Jolla, CA

Well, I just got off the phone with the wonderful...

Well, I just got off the phone with the wonderful Christina at the PS office. I have my initial consultation this Saturday 02 Feb 2013. I've wanted this surgery for so long. I'm a 29 (soon 30) year old mother of two boys. At around the age of 17-2, I was in a bad relationship and ate my emotions.

At my heaviest I weighed 210lbs. At 5'1" that was horrible! I slowly started losing the weight, and then I got pregnant with my oldest son. At my littlest weight, I weighed 108lbs, this was before I went into the military in 2007. I then had my youngest son (4) and now I am currently at 135 (which still is a little bit heavy for me), so you can imagine all of the loose skin and the weigh my breasts look (I will post pics later). I have really bad self-confidence because of the skin, my belly, and my breasts. So you can imagine how excited about this consultation that I am looking forward too. Nothing is stopping me this time!

Well, tomorrow is my Initial Consultation. I'm a...

Well, tomorrow is my Initial Consultation. I'm a little nervous about what the Dr is going to say. Not only nervous but embarrassed, afraid of what he is going to say. I have really bad issues with being naked in front of people (even though I'm in the military, and we sometimes have to shower in front of others) so actually standing in front of some stranger who is going to critique me is going to be really hard. I'm already nervous and it's just the consultation. Has anyone else ever felt like this?

I had my initial consultation with my PS. He was...

I had my initial consultation with my PS. He was great! He made me feel comfortable, was very professional, he asked me a few times if I had any questions (I didn't have that many, as I've been reading this site for a while). After we discussed the price of my mommy makeover, I decided that it was a little pricey for me at one time. So I asked about just a Tummy Tuck with Lipo and got a great price! So I booked my surgery for April 4th. Now I just have to wait....and work on losing a few pounds. Wish me luck ladies, I will keep you all posted as the days pass.
Dr. Daniel J. Brown

I chose this provider because of all the good reviews that I have seen about him. I have never seen a negative one yet. I also choose him because he offers a military discount. I found him off of this website actually.

I'm waiting for the rest of your story and your "after" pictures.
I just got a tummy tuck there's pics on my profile
Hi, is the price for an Extended Tummy Tuck? what was the full price for a Mommy Makeover? Thanks!
That's the price for the Mommy Makeover, which included tt, lipo of flanks, breast lift and aug
WOW! $5750 for a mommy makeover! please give my your doctor's information! Thanks!
Sorry I'm mistaken, that's the price for the tt with lipo, the price of it all was 12300
I am also self conscious and dont like my body naked, I look much better with my clothes on. Hat is one of things when you are doing your interviews with the PS's is to find one who you are comfortable with, I had a few consults schedules and Dr.L was the first one I went to and I felt an instant connection to him and his staff. My hubby went with me and he felt the same way, I knew right then that he was the right doc for me so I cancelled the other appts and made my MM appt with Dr. l. I am now 2.5 days PO and I am thrilled with my results thus far. I wasnt able to get my BA/ BL done at the same time as we had scheduled for because my stomach muscles were much more damaged than he expected them to be so he went on the side of caution amd postponed the boobies until the 20th. Honestly, I am ok with that, it allows me more time to focus on my TT recovery. Good luck with our MM, keep us posted.
That's nice of you, thank you. I swear pictures make you look bigger. I have those crazy days where I will look in the mirror and think "Hey, I don't look so bad.." other days I look and think OMG I'm huge! I just want to get to the point where I can look in the mirror and love what I see. This is a really big thing for me, it was either do this surgery or go to Ireland on vacation. I (with the help of my DH) decided to go get the surgery, it will make me happier in the long run. I found my PS off of this website and after talking to a former patient of his, I decided to go with him even if he IS 3 hours from my house! My appointment is at 1045 am tomorrow..meaning I have to get up early just to make it there in time. I'm excited and nervous about what he is going to say. :(
You are doing better than I am, I havent got up the nerve to call and make an appointment for a consultation. My plan is to do that today! I keep telling myself they see all sizes and shapes and I am sure they have seen it all! I am just hoping I dont have a ps be critical because after all that is why we are there because we are not happy with our body! Let me know how your consult goes, I will be thinking of you today!

Thanks for starting your story and congratulations on your decision!

Here's a good post by JenBob about her process that you might want to check out.