Mommy makeover-hard but worth it...

A tummy tuck and breast augmentation is not an...

A tummy tuck and breast augmentation is not an easy recovery. I was surprised that it took 3 weeks for me to feel even close to my normal energetic self. I was and still am pretty exhausted by the end of the day. From what my doctor has told me it is very common and I could feel that way for about 3 months .

I didn't feel any pain with my breasts. The tummy tuck was the pain that I felt and the drains were really gross. I had my drains in for 12 days and was thrilled to get them out.
I think the biggest misconception is that it will be an instant "fix" but really it takes a long time to see he full results. I am 5 weeks post op and still have swelling. It already looks pretty good though. Much better than before.

My breasts are awesome! They look natural and feel natural. I love them!

The before and after pictures

Pictures

Can't wait to be able to work out again...

I have my 6 week appointment this Friday and I am hoping to be able to start working out a little. Although I a little nervous too. I still have swelling in my hips and my overall tummy. I have told many times that swelling will continue for at least 3 months. I try not to obsess about what I look like but the recovery is slow and I want to see the final results. That is what I would tell women going in for "mommy makeover" surgery. Give it time, lots of time.
I find myself wanting to eat really healthy so I can have nicer arms and legs to go with my new tummy and breasts. I will update after I see my doctor

Getting happier with results everyday

I am so happy with my tummy and new breasts! I am really happy that my scar is so low. I do have the small vertical scar but I know it will barely show once it fades. I heal pretty well. After my 2 c- sections my scar was almost invisable. Also, I had my plastic surgeon cut out an old belly button piecing I had (wish I never did that).
I went to the beach for the first time since my "mommy make over" . It was nice not having to worry about hiding my rolls on my stomach or trying to keep my breasts from falling out of my top. I find myself forgetting that I have a flat stomach sometimes.

My doctor voted number 1 plastic surgeon in San Diego by the Union Tribune Readers Poll

I have been so happy with my results and my doctor truly knows what he is doing and cares about the outcome. He was voted the number 1 plastic surgeon in San Diego for the 3rd year in a row. I can say that I am not surprised. Congratulations to Dr. Robert Kearney!
On another note, today was the first day I was in a bikini in front of other people I know. Lots of moms were amazed with my results and wanted to know about my doctor. They were really impressed and said I looked amazing. It was the first time in a really long time that I felt good about myself.

8 week pictures

I Have A SmaL Verticle Scar That Barely Shows Above Bikini Bottoms. The Scar Itself Is Really Low And Is Hidden UndeWear And Bikini Bottoms.

feeling bloated

I Am 9 Weeks And I Am Feeling So Bloated Especially On My Lower Sides. I Am Not Sure If Is Is Swelling Or Just Extra Fat That I Didn't Notice That Much Before. Anyone Else Have Side Swelling (Love Handle Area)? And I Am Tired Of WearinG ComPression Garment..My Ps Said To Wear IT For 12 Weeks. Excuse Random Capitals..Phone Is Doing It On Its Own.

Tired and bloated

These Past Couple Weeks I Have Felt Tired And Really Bloated. I Stopped Wearing Compression Garnent And I Am.wondering If That Is why.Did Or Does AnyoNe Feel Bloated At 10 Weeks Out? I Feel Gross Actually. See My Doctor Next Friday So He Can Tell Me How Long This Swelling Will Last. Ugh! I Cant Wait To Workout Again.
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

My whole life I always had a flat stomach and nice breasts. Then came child birth. After the birth of my first child my body was different but not bad. Then I got pregnant with twins and well that was the end of "not bad". I didn't recognize my body anymore and my confidence was affected more than ever. I didn't even want my husband to see me. It was not a good feeling so, I started my research and my consult visits. Each one I didn't get very much information until I met Dr. Robert Kearney. He spent over an hour with me going over things I didn't even know I needed to know. I was really impressed with the examples he went over with me regarding the silicone verses saline. He explained that I had enough breast tissue that I could go either way. He also checked my abdominal muscles to see how much space was between them. No other surgeon I spoke to did either. He then explained that I really needed to strengthen those muscles so when they were sewn together they wouldn't tear. I remember leaving that appointment surprised with all the information I received. I was really impressed and made my surgery appointment the next day. Now I am 5 weeks post OP and I could not be happier. I was nervous about the breast implants the most because I didn't know would turn out. I never thought I would ever need implants. I always had nice, large breasts until after having kids. I was worried I may not like them, people would notice, how they would feel and how big or little they would be. Well, I went with saline implants 330 cc each side and I absolutely LOVE them. They look and feel amazing! They look so natural. When I tell people they are really surprised. I love the size too! I couldn't be happier. My tummy and my belly button (which is a clear giveaway of a tummy tuck) look great already even with the the slight swelling. I am amazed at how flat my stomach looks. I know it is just going to get better. Dr. Robert Kearney is amazing and a true artist. I am so grateful for what he has done for me. I also want to mention his nurse Dior is really sweet and takes good care of you before and after surgery. You will be very happy if you choose Dr. Robert Kearney.