Everybody is different, do your homework

The skin above my knees was wrinkled and sun...

The skin above my knees was wrinkled and sun damaged so I checked into Exilis. I was told that they had great success on legs and arms so I went for it. It got very hot where I had to stop during treatment. The practitioner said that it was set to the right temperature and would not burn fat when I asked during treatment. I was concerned because it was extremely hot.

One week after and before my second treatment I took another picture because it looked like I had cellulite or lumps on the front of my thighs. I again brought up my concerns and was again told it would not burn the fat because it was set for tightening only.

Well, 4 treatments later and 4 sets of pictures and you can clearly see that my legs are a mess and that it did indeed burn fat and cause sagging. Now what? I am used to wearing dresses and shorts and can't. This is very embarrassing and I don't know how to fix it. I pray it is no irreparable Any suggestions?

No Doctor responses to question/s

Hi Forum,
Just wanted you women considering Exilis to know that although I posted pictures and questions to the doctors on this forum regarding this procedure not one has responded to how this may have happened, is it permanent, etc. I find that interesting since many tout Exilis' benefits but have no answer to my plea for professional expertise. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware!)

Sit down with Doctor and Technician

I met with Dr. David and the technician who performed my Exilis treatments. I told them that it was recommended by a user here to try the Wellbox Endermologie device. It is very expensive. I spend $1100 for a used one on ebay. I was offered a full refund for my Exilis treatments ($1400) by the doctor's office but I asked for reimbursement for the cost of the Wellbox in addition to the cost of the treatments and that was declined. I think that it is the only equitable solution and even at that I may still have permanent damage. At this juncture, I am out of pocket $1400 for treatments that ruined by legs and $1100 for a device that can perhaps reduce the appearance of the damage... a total of $2500!!! Thus far I have not accepted any type of refund. I am looking for comments from others that may have had this experience or have used the Wellbox. Please heed this warning... I was told that BTL, the company that manufactures the Exilis device, had never experienced the device causing damage but that because of me they were documenting this... Interesting. I wonder if they will be sharing this information with potential clients and have them sign a hold harmless.

Exilis Update from Dr. Roy David's Office

After 21 days of waiting for Dr. David's manager to contact me I followed up with an email and she finally called me. Essentially she offered me the $1400 as reimbursement of the cost of my treatments. She stated that I would have to remove the RealSelf and any other reviews and photos. She refused to give me a reimbursement of the Wellbox I purchased to treat this damage and said that they would have offered Z Wave for treating cellulite. This is after 21 days of waiting for her to call me back with resolution of this matter. Clearly, they thought I would just go away. I went to Yelp and saw all the negative reviews regarding this doctor's office. Her name is mentioned in those reviews also. I went to the BBB to check on Dr. David's status. He is not a member. This is telling. Anyone considering using this office please do your homework and check the Yelp reviews. Take my review to heart.

Going nowhere with Dr. Roy David's office

I have reported this office to the BBB. Dr. David's office said that they had done everything, did not see any damage, and offered a refund that I reportedly REFUSED. what happened is the office manager Angela rescinded the offer of a refund. They are claiming that it is not as bad as I am saying. The pictures speak for themselves. They sent pictures to the company that made this device that were either altered or blurry because upon first inspection the company said that they could not see the damage and then they saw my pictures I had taken which are posted above and said that they could see the lumpiness and unevenness and did not understand how this could happen since this device is used to get rid of cellulite. It burned my fat. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I also filed a complaint with the Medical Board of California but may have to pursue this in another manner. This photo is taken 2.5 months after the treatment... clearly has not resolved itself. I have been doing endermologie 5 days a week. I am not a woman that has been a couch potato either. I was a runner, do squats 4-5 times a week and resistance training. I have worked out over 30 years consistently. I think that shows in the first before picture. This is what this device can do to you...
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

SanDiegoFace - Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery. Bedside manner was great but clearly practitioner does not know how to operate this device.